Bad Behavior and Deadly Behavior

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Did I already mention that Osama bin Ladens greatest achievement has been the "reduction to rubble" of Americas way of free life by forcing them to implement a "police state" under the Patriot Ac".The other achievement of his is that the whole reason he started Al Qaeda in the first place was to get the US to pull our troops out of Saudi Arabia, which we did not long after the war started. Bush gave him exactly what he wanted.
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants... :thor:
A Legal Lohengrin

Post by A Legal Lohengrin »

Did I already mention that Osama bin Ladens greatest achievement has been the "reduction to rubble" of Americas way of free life by forcing them to implement a "police state" under the Patriot Ac".I've always said al-Qaeda hijacked airplanes and flew them into buildings, but the neocons and Christianists hijacked the government and flew it into the Constitution.
Plutodog

Post by Plutodog »

Somehow, I'm betting Osama bin Laden is still on the no-fly list.. :roll:
The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.
Addie

Post by Addie »

Sad story, if accurate.

[link]Stamford Advocate,http://www.stamfordadvocate.com/policer ... 898983.php[/link] (CT)

Young intruder shot to death unknowingly by relative

NEW FAIRFIELD -- In the middle of the night, a woman heard an intruder break into her home, one of only nine on a quiet neighborhood street.

She called her brother, who lives next door on Meeting House Hill Circle. It was around 1 a.m., today. He came over with protection for his sister -- a handgun.

On the front lawn, the brother confronted the intruder, who was dressed all in black and wearing a ski mask, state police confirmed. ...

A source who provided this account to The News-Times said the intruder was the shooter's son.

Channel 3 is reporting the intruder was the brother's 15-year-old nephew, but State Police Lt. J. Paul Vance said that is not the case.
"The very least you can do in your life is to figure out what you hope for." - Barbara Kingsolver
PatGund

Post by PatGund »

[link]Man Who Fears Obama Winning Election Slays His Family Then Self,http://politicalgroove.com/2012/09/man- ... -self.html[/link]"A history of mental illness, the loss of a dear uncle, and a growing fear of Obama winning a second term in the White House took its toll on the mind of Mr Peterson, a wealthy defense contractor, the friend said. A friend of the family says that Albert suffered from debilitating paranoia, exacerbated by the upcoming election."[link]Pictured: 'Beautiful' family slain hours after church by 'mentally ill father who was tormented by the prospect of Obama winning the election',http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article ... ction.html[/link]"Recently, Mr Peterson began writing paranoid emails to his friends and family about politics on a daily basis, sometimes even more frequently, Maggie said.'I got emails and the emails stopped all of a sudden last week,' Maggie said. 'He felt that our God-given rights were being taken away. He didn't like where the country was going.'Mr Peterson, also mentioned pressures at work that troubled Maggie.Explaining his increasingly erratic behavior, she said: 'He said he wanted to expose something at work. He also got the impression at work, that if they didn't vote for Obama and get him elected, they would lose their jobs,'"
Welsh Dragon

Post by Welsh Dragon »

That leaves me with a very spooky feeling. I heard a radio report on tuesday - no details just that the family had been found dead. For some reason I had an overwhelming feeling there was right wing paronia involved. Though I'm often in Herndon I don't know the guy.
Emma

Post by Emma »

Apparently this just happened: [/break1]org/media/2012/09/28/929901/fox-news-airs-suicide-on-live-tv-apologizes/]http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/09/ ... pologizes/Fox News inadvertently showed a man commit suicide on live television Friday afternoon, leading host Shepard Smith to apologize to viewers.The network had been covering its second car chase of the day, following a suspected carjacker as he sped down a California highway. After about an hour, the Dodge Caliber eventually made its way to a dirt road. The suspect got out of the car with a gun, ran several feet, and then shot himself in the head. Fox News didn’t cut away in time, leaving Smith to apologize to viewers.
TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly »

Oh geez. Isn't that the ending most Faux viewers were always hoping to see in one of their never-ending car chase coverage spots? The local news stations here cover them too, but they always pull the cameras way up as soon as the person gets out of the vehicle. That is so sickening.
I love the poorly educated!!!

Kevin McCarthy: Paul Ryan playing with a head injury -- Jon Lovett
esseff44

Post by esseff44 »

Isn't that why people watch car chases waiting for the crash or other dramatic ending? What is he apologizing for?
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

[link]Man Who Fears Obama Winning Election Slays His Family Then Self,http://politicalgroove.com/2012/09/man- ... -self.html[/link]Damnation. Four lives lost to hate and fear. May those who spread lies and innuendo about the President carry this guilt to their graves.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
hitch

Post by hitch »

[link]Man Who Fears Obama Winning Election Slays His Family Then Self,http://politicalgroove.com/2012/09/man- ... -self.html[/link]Damnation. Four lives lost to hate and fear. May those who spread lies and innuendo about the President carry this guilt to their graves.I wouldn't be so quick to put it down to anything but the guy's illness. It's not that unusual for severely mentally ill people to focus on elections and wind up twisted one way or the other. Years ago I had an flaming liberal acquaintance who had a psychotic break at 29 (late onset of paranoid schizophrenia). He spent most of 1984 with his hands together (as in prayer) convinced that if Reagan didn't get re-elected all his (my acq.) power would be stolen; he believed that only thing that would guarantee the election was the position of his hands. My own son, who is a paranoid schizophrenic, tends to get twisted up during presidential elections and occasionally local ones.
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

[link]Man Who Fears Obama Winning Election Slays His Family Then Self,http://politicalgroove.com/2012/09/man- ... -self.html[/link]Damnation. Four lives lost to hate and fear. May those who spread lies and innuendo about the President carry this guilt to their graves.I wouldn't be so quick to put it down to anything but the guy's illness. It's not that unusual for severely mentally ill people to focus on elections and wind up twisted one way or the other. ...Agreed that he was severely mentally ill. Moreover, his mind may have been affected by the pills that he was taking after a heart attack, as one acquaintance suggests. If a predisposition to mental illness can be inherited, the suicides of his father and uncle would be big danger signals. How he managed to hold a security clearance is a mystery to me. Mental illness is usually manifested in a social setting. He did not take out after fluoridation or microwaves in the environment or black-clad Chinese creeping into his backyard in Herndon. For whatever reason, he had been sending out e-mails about the danger that he believed President Obama poses for the nation. The family friend "Maggie" says'I got emails and the emails stopped all of a sudden last week,' Maggie said. 'He felt that our God-given rights were being taken away. He didn't like where the country was going.'Maggie also said "He just did not want his kids inheriting this mess."Where did he get these ideas? Who else is listening to those ideas who is also not mentally stable, and what might they do? Toxic environments produce deadly behaviors, and we have been in a toxic ideological environment for years.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

We should have LM_K opine on the "Family Annihilator" psychopathology. It leads to the severely mentally ill person killing her/his family first because s/he cannot bear for them to be alive after her/his suicide. (There will be no one to take care of them; they can't fend for themselves. And I will no longer be able to provide my beneficent protection. I need to stop their suffering.) It is, sadly, not an uncommon pathology. So, I doubt politics played much of a role. It would have been something else if not President Obama's re-election -- global warming/climate change, or Iran getting the bomb, or the economy.
Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray »

Apparently this just happened: [/break1]org/media/2012/09/28/929901/fox-news-airs-suicide-on-live-tv-apologizes/]http://thinkprogress.org/media/2012/09/ ... pologizes/Fox News inadvertently showed a man commit suicide on live television Friday afternoon, leading host Shepard Smith to apologize to viewers.The network had been covering its second car chase of the day, following a suspected carjacker as he sped down a California highway. After about an hour, the Dodge Caliber eventually made its way to a dirt road. The suspect got out of the car with a gun, ran several feet, and then shot himself in the head. Fox News didn’t cut away in time, leaving Smith to apologize to viewers.Mediaite has the video available, so out of morbid curiosity, I watched it (sorry!) It was weird because the clip started when the guy got out of the car, and Smith just started talking about how he had a bad feeling about it and it always makes him nervous when they get out of the car. He made statements like that 3 or 4 times, and then commented on how the guy seemed disoriented. I couldn't figure out why they hadn't already cut away when Smith started talking about how uncomfortable he was with the situation - but then again, I had the advantage of knowing what was going to happen. It seems to me, though, that if your anchor - who has experiencing narrating one of these things - is as concerned as Smith sounded to be, that would be a pretty big clue that you might want to pay even closer attention to what's happening so that even if you haven't got your cameras off the scene in time, you can still take advantage of the 5-second delay that's in place.
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants... :thor:
kate520

Post by kate520 »

That happened in LA a few years ago. It was so stupid. The anchors were saying things like "what's he going to do with that rifle?" And, like Shep,"I have a bad feeling about this" several times.No one was surprised whenit h appened, but what made it so much worse is they didn't realize immediately what he had done and so played that segment over and over until it dawned on them. It was tragic.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY
TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

On Monday a single caller made bomb threats against 28 county courthouses in Oregon and the state police headquarters. The FBI is assisting state and local police in investigating, but it is not yet a Federal case. I have not seen a statement whether the calls came from inside or outside Oregon. However, there are active anarchist, neo-Nazi, white nationalist, and Sovereign Citizen groups in the state. The caller need not fit any of these descriptions; he may simply be a jerk. There have been similar clusters of bomb threats in Nebraska and Washington.
poutine

Post by poutine »

Officer Sam Koivisto of the Jackson P.D. has now resigned, following an investigation that included this interview: [link]MP3 file,http://news.jacksonville.com/specials/a ... erview.mp3[/link]What I find interesting about this guy is that he sounds rational and is now clearly aware that his remarks, which he sheepishly confessed to, were incredibly stupid and unprofessional.
Penguin 0302

Post by Penguin 0302 »

And that realisation happens right there during that interview.It's all fun and games until they have to claim the "political hyperbole" excuse.
Paul Lentz

Post by Paul Lentz »

Officer Sam Koivisto of the Jacksonville (FL) P.D. has now resigned, following an investigation that included this interview: [link]MP3 file,http://news.jacksonville.com/specials/a ... erview.mp3[/link]

What I find interesting about this guy is that he sounds rational and is now clearly aware that his remarks, which he sheepishly confessed to, were incredibly stupid and unprofessional.Just a little clarification. 8-)
The love of power will not win over the power of love.
Orlando, Florida 6/12/16
poutine

Post by poutine »

And that realisation happens right there during that interview.It's all fun and games until they have to claim the "political hyperbole" excuse.lol, pretty much (to both points). I almost feel bad for him, but that depends on whether he's remorseful and will retract his shameful comments now that the entire situation is over and done with and he can speak freely.
mimi

Post by mimi »

for those who can't download that mp3:Sam Koivisto Resigns from Jacksonville Police Dept. For Saying He’d Volunteer to Kill President Obama[/break1]com/2012/11/sam-koivisto-resigns-jacksonville-police-dept-volunteer-kill-president-obama.html?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=sam-koivisto-resigns-jacksonville-police-dept-volunteer-kill-president-obama]http://hinterlandgazette.com/2012/11/sa ... dent-obama
Penguin 0302

Post by Penguin 0302 »

And that realisation happens right there during that interview.

It's all fun and games until they have to claim the "political hyperbole" excuse.lol, pretty much (to both points). I almost feel bad for him, but that depends on whether he's remorseful and will retract his shameful comments now that the entire situation is over and done with and he can speak freely.I don't think remorse is at issue, here. I think we're talking about a hubris-filled gun-totting cop whose political declarations caused enough concern with his colleagues to lodge a complaint.
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

I don't think remorse is at issue, here. I think we're talking about a hubris-filled gun-totting cop whose political declarations caused enough concern with his colleagues to lodge a complaint.I'd think they would want another psychological assessment on him too. If they even did one in the first place.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
borealis

Post by borealis »

Too bad they can't rescind his police pension.
ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

Too bad they can't rescind his police pension.Even with a pension, health insurance will be costly. Next thing you know he's going to apply for Obamacare.
Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.

Return to “Current Events”