Bad Behavior and Deadly Behavior

bogus info

Post by bogus info »

Here is a perfect example of how these so called protestors act when they don't get their way or think they don't get their way. They never bother to get all the facts before sending nasty emails.

[/break1]com/]http://msplaceddemocrat.com/

Burleson, TX Mayor Shutting Down Teaparty! (2nd Update)

As Tax Tea Parties become closer to happening more and more cities will be making last ditch efforts to shut down the Tea Parties. We know that Cape Coral shut down the Tea Party in their city, now we have another fascist mayor trying to shut down another one.

Read Logistics Monster’s very fine words:

This post has been a few days in the writing, but now is a very good time to put these ideas out because now I have a great segue into it. We have reached the crossroads folks, and we have to make a decision. More and more people are becoming “awake” to the fact that our government stopped listening to us awhile back. We did not want a bank bailout; it happened, and over half the money went to foreign banks. We did not want the stimulus plan; a $1.2 Trillion fiasco; they did not read it and passed it anyways. We said “let the corrupt companies fail”, that did not happen. We do not want the $3.7 Trillion Budget being put forth by the fascists in charge, and Nazi Nancy and her buddy, Prince Harry, “I need you to believe that we can do anything we want, so why fight?”, are going to make that happen too. We do not want our taxes to be increased anymore, that’s definitely on the way. It is abundantly clear to me that the people we elected to govern the country have decided to no longer listen to us and follow our wishes as was laid out in the Constitution of the United States. How much more blatant does it have to be?

If you truly believe in the US Constitution and the right to defend our rights please consider e-mailing the Mayor of Burleson, TX.

There is a Mayor in Texas that is threatening a local group with shutting down their legal constitutional Tea Party protest! All you Teabagger’s need to tell this person that this is America!

And tell your friends to do the same by forwarding this email. I guarantee this is going to happen more and more frequently as tax day gets closer. The only thing that will stop it is a response from everyone.

Write to the Mayor in Burleson Texas and tell him that’s not right, the people have a right to speak!

[/break1]com]mayor@burlesontx.com

I am sharing the following words directly from the Constitution and a subsequent law suit which defined the right to peacefully assemble:

First Amendment: addresses the rights of freedom of religion (prohibiting Congressional establishment of a religion over another religion through Law and protecting the right to free exercise of religion), freedom of speech, freedom of the press, freedom of assembly, and freedom of petition.

And then there is this:

The right of assembly was originally closely tied to the right to petition. One significant case involving the two rights was United States v. Cruikshank, 92 U.S. 542 (1875). There, the Supreme Court held that citizens may “assemble for the purpose of petitioning Congress for a redress of grievances.” Essentially, it was held that the right to assemble was secondary, while the right to petition was primary. Later cases, however, have expanded the meaning of the right to assembly. Hague v. CIO, 307 U.S. 496 (1939), for instance, refers to the right to assemble for the “communication of views on national questions” and for “disseminating information.”

Come on folks let this mayor know the citizens of Burleson, Texas have a legal right to assemble under the US Constitution and it is their duty to uphold the US Constitution.

More from Logistics Monster:

BREAKING NEWS: The City of Burleson, Texas is trying to shut down a Tax Day Tea Party planned for April 15th!!

According to local organizers, unelected “street supervisor” Ray Gonzales, informed them that he was going to prevent the event from happening.

Mr. Gonzales told organizers that he is on a special events staff, which is under the city manager’s office in Burleson. Gonzales explained to one local organizer that the special events staff had decided this protest was “not in the public interest.” He is telling organizers that David Wynn, the city manager, is his boss, and could overturn this decision. For the record, the city manager’s office told local organizers that they do not need a permit to demonstrate in Burleson, and they are not saying that the organizers need one now.

I will post an update as soon as I get one from the local organizers, but I have been told that Mr. Gonzales is trying to get the Texas Department of Transportation to stop the tea party from happening.

Those who cherish liberty must stand with our friends in Burleson, Texas, and demand that the local government immediately drop all attempts to cancel the Burleson Tea Party.

Call and email them now!!!

Burleson Mayor Kenneth Shetter

[/break1]com]mayor@burlesontx.com

Burleson City Manager David Wynn

[/break1]com]kmearns@burlesontx.com (817) 447-5400 x 234

Burleson City Council

[/break1]com]citycouncil@burlesontx.com

I can tell you that the people will show up anyway, but we need to send a message to the city of Burleson, just like we did in Cape Coral, Florida.

Burleson Tea Party

April 15, 2009

3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.

951 SW Wilshire Blvd.

Burleson, Texas 76028 ([/break1]com]burlesonteaparty@gmail.com)

I received a wonderful response from Burleson, Texas Mayor Kenneth Shetter. I want to share his response because addresses the side of the story we didn’t get:

RE: Burleson Tea Party

SUBJ: City of Burleson is Not Shutting Down Tea Party

Concerned Citizen:

The City of Burleson is NOT TRYING TO STOP THE APRIL 15 TEA PARTY.

Members of the Burleson Tea Party group have contacted the City of Burleson wanting permission to conduct a demonstration in an area near the intersection of Wilshire Boulevard (State Highway 174) and Hidden Creek Parkway. The area is across the street from the location of the Burleson Super Wal-Mart, and adjacent to a residential area. The area where the demonstration has been planned includes right of way for the state highway, municipal right of way, and a city street. The organizer said the event is expected to draw between 300 and 500 people to participate in the demonstration.

From the beginning the city has made it clear that no city permit is required for the gathering. This being said, the city has also made it clear that there are a number of safety related concerns that need to be addressed at the originally proposed location. It is one of the busiest street intersections in the city. The posted speed limit on Wilshire/SH 174 is 50 mph. It is a 4-lane highway with a center turn lane. It is a heavily travelled highway, particularly during the hours of the planned demonstration (3-7 pm) when school is dismissing and evening going home drive-time traffic is at its peak. The original request also included the barricading of four residential streets to keep group members from parking in the neighborhoods. The city’s main concerns are safety of the demonstrators and other pedestrians, traffic safety, and the ability for fire trucks to get in and out of the residential streets and hook up to fire hydrants. In speaking with representatives from the Texas Department of Transportation, it is clear that TxDOT and the city share the safety concerns.

The city has a special events committee that reviews requests for street closures (for example, neighborhood block parties, festivals). That committee met Thursday to review the request. Due to the topography of the area and the design of the highway, the number of anticipated participants in the demonstration, and the other safety concerns the special events committee has suggested that an alternative site be considered. In fact, in an attempt to accommodate the group, City Hall, site of many community festivals, was offered as an alternative site. Nevertheless, although the site originally proposed for the demonstration presented numerous safety concerns, the committee was willing to take steps to accommodate the event if certain steps could be taken by the organizers of the event to assure safety for everyone involved.

At the time the attached news release from the city was issued this morning, we had not heard back from the organizers of the event. We since have had several discussions with the organizers and it is our understanding that an alternative site has indeed been secured. You can contact the organizers of the event for the final location.

There are a few things that need to be made clear. First, Rey Gonzales, one of the members of the city’s special events committee, is a good man and dedicated public servant that works very hard every day to make our city a great place to live. He is not trying to stop the tea party, and from my understanding has worked hard to accomodate the organizers. Second, our city functions with a Council-Manager form of government. As such, the mayor is not responsible for running the city on a day-to-day basis, and I have no authority to try to stop a function like the tea party. Third, a number of people have e-mailed nasty comments about our city and our city government–Burleson is a great place to live, work, learn and play. The members of our City Council and staff are concerned with one thing only–doing what’s right for our citizens. If you come to Burleson I think you will agree it’s a great place, and I hope you spend some time in some of our great stores and restaurants–you might want to check out our “Old Town” area.

By the way, I have read and studied our Constitution–I’ve even taken an oath to preserve, protect and defend it. I take that oath very seriously.

Sincerely,

Ken Shetter

Mayor of Burleson, Texas

As you can see the city government in Burleson meant no ill will. They don’t want to stop the protest, their concern is for the protesters. They are concerned for their safety. Thank you Ken for answering our e-mails.emphasis mine

bogus info

Post by bogus info »

[/break1]aol.com/article/pennsylvania-police-shooting/414264?icid=main|main|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.aol.com%2Farticle%2Fpennsylvania-police-shooting%2F414264]http://news.aol.com/article/pennsylvani ... g%2F414264Gunman Kills 3 Pittsburgh Police OfficersBy DAN NEPHIN, APPITTSBURGH (April 4) — A gunman wearing a bulletproof vest and "lying in wait" opened fire on officers responding to a domestic disturbance call Saturday, killing three of them and turning a quiet Pittsburgh street into a battlefield, police said.Police Chief Nate Harper said the motive for the shooting isn't clear, but friends said the gunman recently had been upset about losing his job and feared the Obama administration was poised to ban guns.Skip over this content 'Hundreds, Just Hundreds of Shots'Jasmine Goldband , Tribune-Review / AP7 photos Three police officers were killed and at least two others were wounded in Pittsburgh Saturday after a domestic disturbance call turned into a gunfight. The alleged shooter, Richard Poplawski, was taken into custody. Here emergency workers remove a wounded officer from the area.(Note: Please disable your pop-up blocker)Richard Poplawski, 23, met officers at the doorway and shot two of them in the head immediately, Harper said. An officer who tried to help the two also was killed.Poplawski, armed with an assault rifle and two other guns, then held police at bay for four hours as the fallen officers were left bleeding nearby, their colleagues unable to reach them, according to police and witnesses. More than 100 rounds were fired by the SWAT teams and Poplawski, Harper said.The three slain officers were Eric Kelly, 41, Stephen Mayhle, 29, and Paul Sciullo III, 37. Kelly had been on the force for 14 years, Mayhle and Sciullo for two years each. Another officer, Timothy McManaway, was shot in the hand and a fifth broke his leg on a fence.Poplawski had gunshot wounds in his legs but was otherwise unharmed because he was wearing a bulletproof vest, Harper said. He was charged with three counts of homicide, aggravated assault and a weapons violation.The shooting occurred just two weeks after four police officers were fatally shot in Oakland, Calif., in the deadliest day for U.S. law enforcement since Sept. 11, 2001. The officers were the first Pittsburgh city officers to die in the line of duty in 18 years."This is a solemn day and it's a very sad day in the city of Pittsburgh," Harper said. "We've seen this kind of violence happen in California. We never would think this kind of violence would happen in the city of Pittsburgh."At 7 a.m., Sciullo and Mayhle responded to a 911 call from Poplawski's mother, who remained holed up in the basement during the entire dispute and escaped unharmed, Harper said.When they arrived at the home, Sciullo was immediately shot in the head. Mayhle, who was right behind him, was also shot in the head."It appears he was lying in wait for the officers," Harper said.Kelly, who was on his way home after completing his overnight shift when he heard the call for help, rushed to the scene and was killed trying to help Sciullo and Mayhle, Harper said. SWAT teams and other officers arrived and were immediately fired on as well. Recent Shootings Rebecca Catlett, Press & Sun-Bulletin / AP17 photos Binghamton, N.Y., April 3: A gunman barricaded the back door of a community center with his car and then opened fire on a room full of immigrants taking a citizenship class. The man, believed to be 42-year-old Vietnamese immigrant Jiverly Voong, killed 13 people before apparently committing suicide, authorities said.Don Sand, who lives across the street from Poplawski, said he was woken up by the sound of gunfire. Hunkering down behind a wall in his home, he saw the first two officers go down and then saw Kelly get shot."They couldn't get the scene secure enough to get to them. They were just lying there bleeding," Sand said. "By the time they secured the scene enough to get to them it was way too late."Deputy Chief Paul Donaldson, who lives nearby, was one of the first officers to arrive. He saw Mayhle by a bush to the right of the door; Kelly was in the street and McManaway, his hand injured, was kneeling beside him, yelling that Kelly needed help.Donaldson suggested using a police van to get them. They draped a bulletproof vest on the window to protect the driver and several officers got into the van to get Kelly and McManaway.During this time, Poplawski was somehow distracted, Donaldson said.Skip over this content "We were fortunate that he didn't fire on us. I don't know why he was distracted, but he apparently didn't see us coming down to get them," he said. "It could have been worse."Poplawski had feared "the Obama gun ban that's on the way" and "didn't like our rights being infringed upon," said Edward Perkovic, his best friend.Perkovic, 22, said he got a call at work from him in which he said, "Eddie, I am going to die today. ... Tell your family I love them and I love you."Perkovic said: "I heard gunshots and he hung up. ... He sounded like he was in pain, like he got shot."Poplawski had once tried to join the Marines, but was kicked out of boot camp after throwing a food tray at a drill sergeant, Perkovic said.Another longtime friend, Aaron Vire, said Poplawski feared that President Barack Obama was going to take away his rights, though he said he "wasn't violently against Obama."Vire, 23, said Poplawski once had an Internet talk show but that it wasn't successful. He said Poplawski owned an AK-47 rifle and several powerful handguns, including a .357 Magnum.Obama has said he respects Americans' constitutional right to bear arms, but that he favors "common sense" gun laws. Gun rights advocates interpret that as meaning he would approve some curbs on assault and concealed weapons.Poplawski had been laid off from his job at a glass factory earlier this year, said another friend, Joe DiMarco. DiMarco said he didn't know the name of the company, but knew his friend had been upset about it.The last Pittsburgh police officers killed in the line of duty were Officers Thomas L. Herron and Joseph J. Grill, according to a Web site that tracks police killings. They died after their patrol car collided with another vehicle while chasing a stolen car on March 6, 1991.In 1995, an off-duty officer was shot with his own gun after he confronted a group of teenagers about graffiti. Tests later showed the officer had been drinking.According to the National Law Enforcement Officers Memorial Fund, 133 law enforcement officers died in the line of duty in 2008, a 27 percent decrease from year before and the lowest annual total since 1960.Poplawski had often fought with neighbors and had even gotten into fist fights with a couple, Sand said."This is a relatively really quiet neighborhood except for him," Sand said. "He was just one of those kids that we knew to stay clear from."Harper confirmed police had responded to calls from the Poplawski house several times but said the incidents were still being investigated.Rob Gift, 45, who lives a block away, said the well-kept single-family houses with manicured lawns are home to many police officers, firefighters, paramedics and other city workers."It's just a very quiet neighborhood," Gift said.

Smithereens

Post by Smithereens »

The Pittsburgh shooting is also being discussed in General section under "Shooting Rampage" Topic.

http://www.politijab.com/phpBB3/viewtop ... f=11&t=923

The 23 yr old cop killer was a gun nut, posted on a white supremacy site, etc. Wonder if he had an OC membership? As expected Freepers are calling this Obama's fault - claiming it's a conspiracy to take away their guns, and other assorted bullshit typical of the right wingnut crowd.

Epectitus

Post by Epectitus »

http://news.aol.com/article/pennsylvani ... 4264Gunman Kills 3 Pittsburgh Police OfficersBy DAN NEPHIN, APMy immediate thoughts on this tragedy were.... "and some people think the Obamahater's are harmless?"We are exposed when visiting Birfer sites to no shortage of the rhetoric that this person acted upon. Was the guy a Birfer? I have no idea... but there is no doubt that he is part and parcel of the irrational anti-Obama hatred of which the Birfer movement is just one domension. On one hand, we have watched the irrationality metastasize into variations such as "Obama is a Muslim," "Obama is a communist," "Obama is a Manchurian Candidate," "Obama is not a citizen," Obama is a baby killer," "Obama is a closet queer," "Obama is a crackhead," "Obama is going to take away our guns."On the other hand, we have watched a number of different fringe groups such a the Birfers, the Tax Protesters, the PUMAs and the Tea Partyers coalesce into a movement that while internally incoherent, shares the single objective of removing Obama from office by whatever means necessary.Through it all, the rhetoric has been often intemperate, and regularly treasonous... with explicit calls for revolution, civil war, insurrection and violence. Yesterday three policemen (it did not even matter to the gunmen that they were probably all members of the NRA) were ambushed and murdered in what is unlikely to be the last example of what results from such rhetoric.The United States has always had its fair share of dangerous fringe movement that erupt in horrific violence in places as far apart as Waco, Texas, Ruby Ridge, Idaho and Jonestown, Guyana. But they have traditionally been localized phenomena with little geographic reach beyond the speaking voice range of the charismatic crazy person that led them to disaster. And they have traditionally ended in brutal acts of self destruction within which the bulk of their victims were themselves.This is different.We are in a new era of the Internet where people like Orly Taitz can spread the poison of her irrational hatred across vast distances at the speed of light. Where periodic hate filled diatribes (such as the sort perfected by Osama Bin Lade, Ayman al Zawahiri and Mullah Omar) are broadcast online to inspire hatred and violence again the symbolic representation of their own unhappiness. We have seen how such technology helped raise primitive and once isolated Islamists in Afghanistan into mass murderers in New York, Washington, London and Madrid. Is Pittsburgh the first shot in the campaign of our own homegrown terrorists? Is it the inevitable result of the sort of demagogic cheer leading we see daily from Texas Darlin', Citizen Wells, World Net Daily and Mullah Orly?This man did not kill these policemen because of something they did. He killed them because of what he believed Obama was going to do. President Obama has made exactly zero gestures regarding gun control. It appears to not even be among the top dozen issues on his plate. But three policeman are dead because this guy believed what somebody else was telling him. People almost certainly on the Internet. People probably indistinguishable from Orly Taitz.Have we developed our own Al Qaeda composed of loosely affiliated "cells" of true believers who cannot prevail within the system, and so settle for the simmering atrocities of ambushing policemen (and whatever comes next) in the religious conviction that they are right and those opposed to them are not simply wrong, but are evil?My point here is not to advocate any limitation on free speech. God knows, we have seen eight years of constant erosion of our civil liberties and we all know the costs were unconscionable. What I am advocating is a new seriousness... a new vigilance. What I am arguing for here is the responsive awareness of a committed, rational and loyal citizenry to the genuine threat posed by the frothing Obamahaters. Rest assured that these three Pittsburgh policemen will not be the last victims of this movement, but other potential victims can be avoided if we are paying attention.Domestic terrorists (like Timothy McVeigh) often hide behind the assertion that they are the "true patriots." But "true patriots" earn the title because they love their country, not because they hate something. The hatred spewed by the digital demagogues is not a constructive force, it is entirely about tearing down the house to get at what is at worst a leaky pipe.This guy's best friend knew what he was talking about. He knew what he was thinking. He knew what he was capable of. He could have prevented it by bringing it to someone else's attention.Our own vigilance is necessary to protect ourselves and to protect our country.I have begun writing letters to law enforcement agencies regarding some of the things I am reading on line.I hope others would consider the same.
"Hell, I would wear a dress and ruby red slippers all year if we can prove this" - Mike Zullo

bogus info

Post by bogus info »

Epetitus,

There is a more indepth discussion and info regarding this guy here:

The Pittsburgh shooting is also being discussed in General section under "Shooting Rampage" Topic.

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=923

I did not realize mimi had already reported this.

I have begun writing letters to law enforcement agencies regarding some of the things I am reading on line.

I hope others would consider the same.I am already doing this. And, I encourage everyone else to do this too. And you are correct, this is different.

mimi

Post by mimi »

The shooter fit the profile of that Missouri law enforcement report. The one they had to retract due to outrage by the far right. He fit the profile right down to his choice of reading material. And, he was supporting and participating in some "flag day" thing where you fly your flag upside down. Again, as reported in the Missouri report. This guy was the guy the report talked about. But, that report had to be pulled from law enforcement because of the rightwing outrage over its contents.Apparently the shooter was known to the police. The news reports indicate he has always been a trouble-maker.From reading about this guy, I understand he shouldn't have been able to buy guns. Something about if you are dishonorably discharged from the military, you can't buy guns. Yet, this guy had quite a few guns. And, he was active in that PA Gun forum. Even to the point where he asked for help with buying a "Lot" of military surplus rifles.And the rightwingers are saying the biased media is reporting this story wrong. I have no problem with gun owners. But, why do they fight against gun control? I know there is a big push to fight The Ammunition Accountability Act. Why? Their theory is that someone could break into your house and steal your ammo. Then, use the gun for a crime. And now, you're a "person of interest". How crazy is that? And, even if that scenerio took place, I doubt a person could be convicted of anything for that reason alone.I know when I lived in Virginia, they fought against tightening controls for sales at gun shows. It turns out there was a problem with people going into virginia, buying guns in bulk, and driving them to NY. As I recall, one of the controls they were trying to pass was to limit gun sales to 2 guns per month (for an individual buyer. not a dealer.) I don't recall if it passed, or anything else about it.Reading some wingnut blogs, I know there are people who have been stockpiling guns. Why? This rightwing rhetoric about Obama taking away our rights is in high gear. And, the leaders must know it's dangerous. Yet, they continue.

jsnbase

Post by jsnbase »

The shooter fit the profile of that Missouri law enforcement report. The one they had to retract due to outrage by the far right. He fit the profile right down to his choice of reading material. And, he was supporting and participating in some "flag day" thing where you fly your flag upside down. Again, as reported in the Missouri report. This guy was the guy the report talked about. But, that report had to be pulled from law enforcement because of the rightwing outrage over its contents.Apparently the shooter was known to the police. The news reports indicate he has always been a trouble-maker.From reading about this guy, I understand he shouldn't have been able to buy guns. Something about if you are dishonorably discharged from the military, you can't buy guns. Yet, this guy had quite a few guns. And, he was active in that PA Gun forum. Even to the point where he asked for help with buying a "Lot" of military surplus rifles.And the rightwingers are saying the biased media is reporting this story wrong. I have no problem with gun owners. But, why do they fight against gun control? I know there is a big push to fight The Ammunition Accountability Act. Why? Their theory is that someone could break into your house and steal your ammo. Then, use the gun for a crime. And now, you're a "person of interest". How crazy is that? And, even if that scenerio took place, I doubt a person could be convicted of anything for that reason alone.I know when I lived in Virginia, they fought against tightening controls for sales at gun shows. It turns out there was a problem with people going into virginia, buying guns in bulk, and driving them to NY. As I recall, one of the controls they were trying to pass was to limit gun sales to 2 guns per month (for an individual buyer. not a dealer.) I don't recall if it passed, or anything else about it.Reading some wingnut blogs, I know there are people who have been stockpiling guns. Why? This rightwing rhetoric about Obama taking away our rights is in high gear. And, the leaders must know it's dangerous. Yet, they continue.It always amuses me that people think political correctness is something only the Left indulges in.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

I have a bad feeling about this latest killing of a law enforcement officer (and wounding of another):Enon Trailer Park, Springfield, OH, Saturday Jan. 1, 2011 [link]"Deputy Shot and Killed, Officer Wounded at Mobile Home Park; Gunman Dead",http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/ ... 70524.html[/link]Officers had been called to the trailer park to investigate a report of shots having been fired at a trailer home. The murdered officer was taking a photo of a footprint outside the suspect's trailer when he opened the door and killed her with a single blast from a shotgun. He then shot another officer. The unidentified suspect is dead; it is unclear whether he was killed in the ensuing exchange of gunfire with police, additional deputies, and SWAT officers, or he killed himself.It would be nice if this were to turn out to be a routine meth lab confrontation.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

mimi

Post by mimi »

They named the guy.

Suspect named in Clark Co. shooting

Updated: Sunday, 02 Jan 2011, 5:08 PM EST

Published : Sunday, 02 Jan 2011, 4:36 PM EST

* Paul Rodzinka [/break1]com]prodzinka@wdtn.com

http://media2.wdtn.com//photo/2011/01/0 ... 20_240.JPG

SPRINGFIELD, Ohio (WDTN) - Michael Ferryman (57) is the man who Sheriff Kelly says killed Deputy Suzanne Hopper.

Sheriff Kelly did not release much information Sunday about Ferryman or the incident citing an ongoing investigation.

Officers have spoken with Ferryman in the past on various occasions but he has no criminal record in the county. Investigators are looking further into Ferryman's background to learn as much as they can about his history.[/break1]wdtn.com/dpp/news/supect-named-in-clark-co.-shooting]http://www.wdtn.com/dpp/news/supect-nam ... .-shooting

So the neighbors say quiet, loner, but don't get him mad. :-?

I didn't watch the video of the report, but this still showing the cop shot in the arm is painful to see. The guy in the trailer wouldn't let the cops retrieve Officer Hopper's body. He kept shooting at them.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2011/ ... tout02.jpg

She was only 40 years old. Wife, Mother, Deputy.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2011/ ... hopper.jpg

[/break1]nydailynews.com/news/national/2011/01/02/2011-01-02_1_officer_killed_another_wounded_in_fierce_gunbattle_in_ohio_trailer_park_caught.html]http://www.nydailynews.com/news/nationa ... aught.html

milspec

Post by milspec »

I wounder how long it will take the RWNJ sites to clear any post associated with the name.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Michael Ferryman had been involved nine years ago in a similar shooting incident and was recently the subject of discussion among law enforcement officers. [link]He had shot at trailer park neighbors in a dispute over firewood,http://www.dispatch.com/live/content/lo ... ml?sid=101[/link].Ferryman was first found mentally incompetent to stand trial, Howdyshell said. In January 2002, Ferryman was committed for a year to Twin Valley Behavioral Healthcare on the Hilltop in Columbus, according to the Zanesville Times-Recorder.When Ferryman went to trial, he was found not guilty by reason of insanity, said Howdyshell, who then was assistant county prosecutor.A few weeks ago, Howdyshell said he was talking with a state mental-health official about another case when Ferryman's name came up. Howdyshell said he knew that Ferryman had been in a halfway house in Springfield and had been under supervised release.As is usually the case, [link]neighbors have said,http://luishipolito.blogspot.com/2011/0 ... clear.html[/link] that he was quiet but a nice man.A neighbor, Angelina Inman, 34, said she had known Ferryman a few months."I don't know what would drive him to do something like that. … He's a nice guy, he'd do anything to help you out," Inman said.A girl who lives in the trailer park said she knew Ferryman and he had a temper."He was a quiet person, but if you made him mad - he wasn't very pleasant," 15-year-old [link]Chelsea Bagley said Saturday,http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2011/0 ... -park.html[/link].This case may be a failure of the mental health system, not a political case. Or it could be both.
Edit: The comments on [link]Yahoo News,http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20110103/ap_ ... -container[/link] are both disgusting and revealing. One poster asks why a man with a history of mental illness was able to have a gun. That seems a reasonable question to me, but it is possible that he had it illegally.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

It is not yet possible to tell whether the extremely racist post below has anything to do with Michael Ferryman, the man who shot the deputy. It may be nothing more than hate boiling over at a convenient time on a convenient subject. There is no evidence that Michael Ferryman had any connection whatsoever to the [link]Springfield Black Foot Soldiers,http://shittycop.baywords.com/category/ ... -soldiers/[/link]. I have expurgated the headline because I don't want to perpetuate this hatred even through quotations more than is necessary. [link]"shittycop, by creaux steele does not advocate violence or hatred. shitty cop advocates justice",http://shittycop.baywords.com/2011/01/0 ... terrorist/[/link][title of post is expurgated; warning: it is vile]The shooting death of Racist Clark County Police Regime Terrorist Suzanne Hopper took place in 98% white village of Enon. The distinct Native American cultures of the Adena, Shawnees and the Hopewells called the land their home before the coming of The White Man. The village is located in mid West Ohio. But the death of Racial Terrorist Hopper seems to have ignited Ohio Black Foot Soldier Communities from as far away as Akron, Cleveland, Cincinnati, Columbus and even Dayton. Reportedly, sources from Black Foot Soldier Communities in each city say they will encourage citywide celebrations on Hopper’s funeral date.“We have a very unified and active Black Foot Soldier community Statewide,” says controversial Cleveland Soldier Forest Hill, who, according to contacts, is in communication with Springfield Soldiers. “Although we would certainly never advocate or glorify violence against these wretched white hypocrites who say they are here to protect and serve – because it is so many of our people who continue to be terrorized by this regime – we must celebrate the fall of racial terrorism however it happens. Our Statewide celebration of the death of this racial terrorist is our way of condemning and speaking out against the historical and ongoing white police terrorism responsible for oppressing, imprisoning and killing our people. We shall celebrate the fall of Hopper as though she had received the word of God from brother [link]Ashford Lamar Thompson,http://www.ohio.com/news/break_news/96969074.html[/link] himself.”Hopper was shot dead while responding to a report of gunfire at a predominantly white and alleged anti black “campground.”Again, there is nothing to connect Michael Ferryman with these racists. The likelihood is that Ferryman was still mentally ill and was being insufficiently monitored and treated. What this does provide is further evidence that racism is alive and well in the U.S., as if we needed further evidence.Personally, I hope that the Ohio State Police and Federal authorities come down on these "Blackfoot Soldiers" like a ton of bricks, but I do note that celebrating at a funeral seems to be acceptable behavior under the law.
Edit: Edited to add link for Thompson, who also killed a police officer. He is now in prison.

kate520

Post by kate520 »

Whoa! You thought the comments in the Ohio paper were disgusting, Tolland,but did you get a look at the comments at the link to shittycop? I wont bring them over, they are too vile.I'm very glad it's Black Foot Soldier and not Blackfoot soldier. My husband has some Blackfoot blood.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

Whoa! You thought the comments in the Ohio paper were disgusting, Tolland,but did you get a look at the comments at the link to shittycop? I wont bring them over, they are too vile.

I'm very glad it's Black Foot Soldier and not Blackfoot soldier. My husband has some Blackfoot blood.That is very toxic territory. I have the sense that northern Ohio, southern Michigan, and Indiana have unusually high numbers of organized, active racists, who come from all sides of the racial divide. I think these "Blackfoot Soldiers" are just celebrating the killing of a white police officer by a white man and that Ferryman never had any connection to them, but that is no more than a hunch based on the fact that I don't see how Ferryman could possibly have been connected. It is pure hate on display there.

Gorman

Post by Gorman »

Whoa! You thought the comments in the Ohio paper were disgusting, Tolland,but did you get a look at the comments at the link to shittycop? I wont bring them over, they are too vile.The vile comments are a sign of the times. ](*,)

Addie

Post by Addie »

[/break1]msnbc.msn.com/id/41235743/ns/us_news-crime_and_courts]MSNBC

Police fear 'war on cops'

A spate of shooting attacks on law enforcement officers has authorities concerned about a war on cops.

In just 24 hours, at least 11 officers were shot. The shootings included Sunday attacks at traffic stops in Indiana and Oregon, a Detroit police station shooting that wounded four officers, and a shootout at a Port Orchard, Wash., Wal-Mart that injured two deputies. On Monday morning, two officers were shot dead and a U.S. Marshal was wounded by a gunman in St. Petersburg, Fla.

On Thursday, two Miami-Dade, Fla., detectives were killed by a murder suspect they were trying to arrest.

"It's not a fluke," said Richard Roberts, spokesman for the International Union of Police Associations. "There's a perception among officers in the field that there’s a war on cops going on."
Democracy is a garden that has to be tended. -Barack Obama

Addie

Post by Addie »

[/break1]splcenter.org/blog/2011/01/25/hemet-attacks]SPLC Two men charged with attempting to kill police officers in Hemet, Calif., used what prosecutors are calling a white power “guerrilla warfare manual” to guide a nine-month campaign of terror and violence against the police department, its buildings and vehicles.The anonymously written “White Resistance Manual” was posted on the website WhiteHonor.org and contained do-it-yourself guides that Nicholas John Smit and Steven Hansen used to build such guerrilla-styled weapons as zip guns and “Panji boards” – spiked boards rigged with trip wires, according to Daniel DeLimon, a prosecutor with the district attorney in Riverside, Calif. “It’s basically a guerrilla warfare manual instructing people on different types of weapons, on creating weapons, on police investigations, basically how to conduct covert urban operations,” DeLimon told HateWatch in a telephone interview.The manual is not the first to provide extremists with the know-how to turn militant. Similar antigovernment paramilitary manuals were circulated among private militia groups in the 1990s, and directions to build pipe bombs or create the neurotoxin ricin periodically appear on extremist newsgroups. Still, this manual’s comprehensive approach prompted alarm in an area of southern California that DeLimon described as a “magnet” for white supremacist ideologues. “We see all different types of propaganda,” he said. “But I’ve never actually seen this manual.”WhiteHonor.org has since been pulled offline, investigators say, and the manual appears to no longer be readily available on the Internet. Its existence came to light when The Press-Enterprise in Riverside, Calif., reported details of police search warrants that were unsealed in response to a request from the newspaper.Former roommates Smit, 40, and Hansen, 37, each face felony charges that include attempted murder of a police officer for trying to fire a World War II-era training rocket at the Hemet police station, and conspiracy to kill a detective. The men are suspected in six other attempted attacks and fires that detectives believe were carried out to prevent an officer who arrested Smit on marijuana charges from testifying against him, the Press-Enterprise reported.

raicha

Post by raicha »

[/break1]splcenter.org/blog/2011/01/25/hemet-attacks]SPLC The men are suspected in six other attempted attacks and fires that detectives believe were carried out to prevent an officer who arrested Smit on marijuana charges from testifying against him, the Press-Enterprise reported.Well, I gotta say that these guys show a lot more initiative than your average marijuana connoisseur.I have family out that way and a now-retired relative was a Riverside deputy sheriff covering Hemet. There's a lot looniness out there on the edge of the desert.

Addie

Post by Addie »

[/break1]yahoo.com/s/ap/20110130/ap_on_re_us/us_mosque_terrorist_threat]Yahoo NewsA 63-year-old Southern California man who had explosives in his vehicle was arrested outside one of the nation's largest mosques in the Detroit suburb of Dearborn, authorities in Michigan said.Dearborn police said Roger Stockham was arraigned Wednesday on one count of making a false report or threat of terrorism and one count of possessing explosives with an unlawful intent. Stockham had a large but undisclosed quantity of class-C fireworks including M-80s, which are outlawed in Michigan, Chief Ronald Haddad said.Haddad said Stockham was arrested Monday evening without incident in the parking lot of Islamic Center of America, while a large group was gathered inside. He said police received a 911 call from a resident.Haddad said authorities believe Stockham was acting alone but still take him "very seriously." He said Stockham has "a long history of anti-government activities," though he declined to elaborate.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

As long as police unions do not actively try to adjust the 2nd Amendment to swords and flintstone rifles, as it was intended by the FoundingFathers, they are to blame as well. US-Police Officers killed or hurt by guns are more than 10 times the numbers in the EuropeanUnion.Srsly? Yabba. Dabba. D'oh!
Image Image Image Image Image

Addie

Post by Addie »

[/break1]freep.com/article/20110131/NEWS02/110131019/1004/Suspect-Dearborn-mosque-plot-had-threatened-Bush-records-show?odyssey=nav%7Chead]Detroit Free PressDocuments filed with 19th District Court in Dearborn call Stockham a habitual offender. In December 1979, he was convicted of what the documents refer to as child stealing and attempting to damage a building.Court records out of U.S. District Court in Vermont say Stockham entered a plea of not guilty by reason of insanity to eight threat charges in the early 2000s, when George W. Bush was president, including mailing threatening communications, threatening the president and threatening by use of telephone.A report filed in the Vermont court documents and prepared by the Federal Bureau of Prisons said Stockholm, who has written that he is a Vietnam veteran, has bipolar disorder, post-traumatic stress disorder and a personality disorder.[/break1]yahoo.com/s/ap/20110130/ap_on_re_us/us_mosque_terrorist_threat]Yahoo NewsA 63-year-old Southern California man who had explosives in his vehicle was arrested outside one of the nation's largest mosques in the Detroit suburb of Dearborn, authorities in Michigan said.

kate520

Post by kate520 »

:shock: whoa. He looks awfully like Walt, doesnt he?
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Addie

Post by Addie »

[/break1]talkingpointsmemo.com/2011/02/report_jihad_jane_to_plead_guilty_today_in_terror.php]TPMMuckraker

Report: 'Jihad Jane' To Plead Guilty Today In Terror Case

Eric Lach | February 1, 2011, 11:05AM

At a hearing today, Colleen LaRose, the Pennsylvania woman facing terrorism charges and allegedly known as 'Jihad Jane' online, is expected to change her plea to guilty, CNN reports. The government alleges that LaRose used the Internet to recruit people for violent global Jihad, and that she planned to murder the Swedish cartoonist Lars Vilks.

"She is going to plead guilty," LaRose's lawyer Mark Wilson told CNN on Friday. A change-of-plea hearing is scheduled for today in a Philadelphia federal court. Wilson said he still expects LaRose to be sentenced to prison.

LaRose was indicted in 2009 and charged with conspiracy to provide material support to terrorists, conspiracy to kill in a foreign country, making false statements to a government official and attempted identity theft.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

[/break1]freep.com/article/20110131/NEWS02/110131019/1004/Suspect-Dearborn-mosque-plot-had-threatened-Bush-records-show?odyssey=nav%7Chead]Detroit Free Press...[link]"UPDATE: Stockham's Decades of Guns, Terrorism; Restraining Order Filed by Local VFW Member",http://imperialbeach.patch.com/articles ... vfw-member[/link]In 1981, he escaped from a mental hospital, and turned himself in four months later. In 1983, he was released from a state mental hospital after a prosecutor said he hadn’t done anything “crazy” in awhile, the paper's archives show.A few years before that, he kidnapped his son from a foster home in Santa Barbara, flew a plane towards LAX with a gun and bombs and demanded he be supplied with a plane to fly to Iran, according to the Reno Gazette Journal. He crashed the plane but no one was injured.The Gazette Journal also reported that, in 1977, Stockham took his psychiatrist hostage in Century City, CA, again with bombs and guns, but surrendered after a standoff with police.This information supplements the more recent information posted above by Adelante, which includes threats against both Presidents Carter and G. W. Bush. Yet, as [link]Conor Friedersdorf,http://andrewsullivan.theatlantic.com/t ... e-ctd.html[/link] notes on Andrew Sullivan's Daily Dish, this man was walking around free.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR »

A different form of "Bad Behavior and Deadly Behavior" is disseminating baseless threats. One form of this involves the threats to persons and families posted on various Birther Websites, notably Orly's. Another form involves the repeated threat of an armed uprising that pervades Sovereign Citizen and White Supremacy sites and literature, and some RAP sites. None of this is especially new; Sovereign Citizens have been yearning for an armed uprising since their lineal ancestors first appeared at the end of the Civil War.Another form involves "secret intelligence" that some genius has put together into a blockbuster revelation that threatens some people or the nation. A current one involves David Chase Taylor, a "9/11 Truther" and the author of an Internet document called "NuclearBible parts I and II" (no link provided for safety's sake). What Taylor gets out of publishing this is somewhat mysterious, although it may simply be a deluded sense of his own importance in the scheme of things. The fact that these revelations have proved to be wrong 99.44% of the time does not seem to diminish the jollies these people get out of scaring others. Underneath this desire to scare people is, I think, a deep hatred for anyone or anything that is different from what the fear mongers want to be true, added to a sadistic perversion in enjoying others' fears.Taylor's latest revelation is one that we have heard before every Super Bowl after 9/11. Law enforcement has been very well aware that these large, prominent events would provide a tempting target, which probably means that they are safer than going to your local convenience store. Here is his revelation/threat for tomorrow. The link is to an insane 53 minute radio interview.False Flag Nuclear Terror Attack Super Bowl Sunday!! David Chase Taylor is predicting that a false flag nuclear terror attack will be played out this Sunday at the Cowboys stadium in Arlington, Texas at the 45th annual Super Bowl... This is based on mainstream articles that appeared in the news.. Pakistan will be blamed...

Return to “Current Events”