trump (the former guy, defamer, insurrectionist, and rapist - $83M)

Abandon reality, all ye who enter here. *Democracy*Under*Threat*
Suranis

trump (the former guy, defamer, and sexual assaulter)

Post by Suranis »

Ok, what I thought looking at that is - why did fatso choose a floor pattern that looks like the place is flooded with dirty water?
Hic sunt dracones
Mr brolin
Verified: ✅ as vaguely humanoid

Post by Mr brolin »

W. Kevin Vicklund wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:38 pm Waltine's description as a "military valet" brought this to mind:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_(military)
A batman or an orderly is a soldier or airman assigned to a commissioned officer as a personal servant. Before the advent of motorized transport, an officer's batman was also in charge of the officer's "bat-horse" that carried the officer's kit during a campaign.

The British English term is derived from the obsolete bat, meaning "pack saddle" (from French bât, from Old French bast, from Late Latin bastum)

The military term long predates the appearance of the fictional superhero Batman.

Duties
A batman's duties often include:

acting as a "runner" to convey orders from the officer to subordinates
maintaining the officer's uniform and personal equipment as a valet
driving the officer's vehicle, sometimes under combat conditions
acting as the officer's bodyguard in combat
digging the officer's foxhole in combat, giving the officer time to direct his unit
other miscellaneous tasks the officer does not have time or inclination to do
The action of serving as a batman was referred to as "batting". In armies where officers typically came from the upper class, it was not unusual for a former batman to follow the officer into later civilian life as a domestic servant.
The memes write themselves.

[Edited to delete duplicate info]
AKA Mr Bates from Downton Abbey, who was the Earl of Grantham's batman in the Boer War whence he received the injury that left him with a limp.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

This whole thing is fascinating. It seems like Trump was sifting through boxes and marking the tops of the boxes so Nauta would know what to do with each box. Why would Trump mark 15 boxes to send back to archives if those boxes still contained classified documents? Did he get his box tops mixed up? Or is he so bold about committing crimes at this point that he thought they wouldn't do a damn thing to him? And then after going through the boxes again prior to Corcoran searching them, why did he, once again leave classified documents inside boxes that ended up back in the storage area for Corcoran to find?

You would think between the pus bag and Nauta that one of them would have thought to keep all the classified completely separate, all in one small set of boxes and keep those absolutely separate from everything else. It really begs the question of what specific non-classified items were in the same boxes with which specific classified materials. Like if that could give clues as to what he had in mind for specific documents he kept.

I really want to see someone do a comedy sketch of the orange pustule going through the boxes to decide which box to put which items in and trying to remember what to write on the top of each box according to what is inside of it. You go into the bathroom, you go into the ballroom, you go into my closet, oh, wait, maybe you go into the ballroom, oh fuck it - eenie meenie miney moe...
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Suranis wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 11:43 pm Ok, what I thought looking at that is - why did fatso choose a floor pattern that looks like the place is flooded with dirty water?
It matches the sink.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

neonzx wrote: Sat Jun 10, 2023 10:19 pm Image
Really there is probably enough in this episode to provide a whole new room -or rather an installation- at the Trump Presidential Library but in the meantime space could probably be found here
https://djtrumplibrary.com/portfolio-it ... riminality
or what about a Secret Passage from the oval office
https://djtrumplibrary.com/portfolio-item/westwing
Greatgrey
Verified: 💲8️⃣

Post by Greatgrey »

What's the Frequency, Kenneth?
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

Because people typically store their toilet tissue rolls in document boxes. Right. :roll:
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Trump lawyer Alina Habba says on Fox News Sunday that Trump's boxes had "pictures, things that are mementos" in them, & that Trump didn't want people "rummaging through his personal items." Host Shannon Bream points out that there were also highly classified materials in there.

Former Trump AG Bill Barr on Trump's federal indictment: "If even half of it is true, then he's toast. I mean, it's a very detailed indictment, and it's very, very damning. This idea of presenting Trump as a victim here -- a victim of a witch hunt -- is ridiculous."
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Slim Cognito
Verified:

Post by Slim Cognito »

what could go wrong.jpg
what could go wrong.jpg (59.93 KiB) Viewed 640 times
My Crested Yorkie, Gilda and her amazing hair.

ImageImageImage x4
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

RVInit wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:16 am This whole thing is fascinating. It seems like Trump was sifting through boxes and marking the tops of the boxes so Nauta would know what to do with each box. Why would Trump mark 15 boxes to send back to archives if those boxes still contained classified documents? Did he get his box tops mixed up? Or is he so bold about committing crimes at this point that he thought they wouldn't do a damn thing to him? And then after going through the boxes again prior to Corcoran searching them, why did he, once again leave classified documents inside boxes that ended up back in the storage area for Corcoran to find?

You would think between the pus bag and Nauta that one of them would have thought to keep all the classified completely separate, all in one small set of boxes and keep those absolutely separate from everything else. It really begs the question of what specific non-classified items were in the same boxes with which specific classified materials. Like if that could give clues as to what he had in mind for specific documents he kept.

I really want to see someone do a comedy sketch of the orange pustule going through the boxes to decide which box to put which items in and trying to remember what to write on the top of each box according to what is inside of it. You go into the bathroom, you go into the ballroom, you go into my closet, oh, wait, maybe you go into the ballroom, oh fuck it - eenie meenie miney moe...

They weren't spread out all over the Grift Palace, they were moved from the storage room, to the ballroom, to the bathroom, to the office, and in each place some were taken to the bedroom (Pine Hall) or his office in a separate building on the grounds, for him to look through.
The classified documents were in among clippings (every article in any magazine that mentioned his name apparently).
As for why some got missed, maybe he decided to give them something to make them go away, maybe he just missed them, who knows. He might have been expecting Corcoran to weed out some stuff. Trump is stupid, water is wet, the sky is blue....

I do firmly believe that he stuffed them down into boxes of harmless fake Time Magazine covers and such as a pre-emptive defense of "It got mixed in while packing, didn't know I had it"
Supreme Commander, Imperial Illuminati Air Force
:dog:

You don't have to consent, but I'm gonna tase you anyway.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

He would have loved to be looking through them IN FRONT OF OTHER PEOPLE to show off how important he was. Otherwise he would never have the attention span to do it.

Which is why it probably took so long.
Hic sunt dracones
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

On Tuesday at the height of the crowd, it would be very wrong to start a rumour that Trump was roughed up like he tells cops to rough people up, and then he was put in handcuffs and taken out the back entrance of the courthouse. You really don't want to start a stampede going around the back of the building. :fingerwag:

Let's just let a massive crowd confront anybody with a briefcase they think is heading toward the building instead. It'll be healthy for them to get some of the aggression out of their system. :idea:

People think it's easy being a drooling cult fanatic. Well it's not easy! It's really hard, when they keep things so unfair by using facts against the hero!
The more I learn about this planet, the more improbable it all seems. :confuzzled:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Gregg wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:41 pm
RVInit wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 6:16 am This whole thing is fascinating. It seems like Trump was sifting through boxes and marking the tops of the boxes so Nauta would know what to do with each box. Why would Trump mark 15 boxes to send back to archives if those boxes still contained classified documents? Did he get his box tops mixed up? Or is he so bold about committing crimes at this point that he thought they wouldn't do a damn thing to him? And then after going through the boxes again prior to Corcoran searching them, why did he, once again leave classified documents inside boxes that ended up back in the storage area for Corcoran to find?

They weren't spread out all over the Grift Palace, they were moved from the storage room, to the ballroom, to the bathroom, to the office, and in each place some were taken to the bedroom (Pine Hall) or his office in a separate building on the grounds, for him to look through.
The classified documents were in among clippings (every article in any magazine that mentioned his name apparently).
As for why some got missed, maybe he decided to give them something to make them go away, maybe he just missed them, who knows. He might have been expecting Corcoran to weed out some stuff. Trump is stupid, water is wet, the sky is blue....

I do firmly believe that he stuffed them down into boxes of harmless fake Time Magazine covers and such as a pre-emptive defense of "It got mixed in while packing, didn't know I had it"
Yes, I understand that they were all moved to different places at the same time and weren't all spread out, at least that's the way I understand it. I just think a skit showing him deciding whee to put things, etc. And moving them from room to room - what a farce. Truly.
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Fiascoist

Post by Fiascoist »

I think there is a very simple explanation about the boxes and the documents in them. First, he simply doesn't have the patience to sift thru every page, especially if his name is not featured in Caps on every page. Second, while sifting thru...he finds his name, tada! SQUIRREL! Totally distracted and he forgets why he is there. And so, on to the next box because nothing is as important as his name.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

I believe that Bill Barr said that he has no linear thinking.
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
much ado

Post by much ado »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:06 pm I believe that Bill Barr said that he has no linear thinking.
It's all squirrels?

That does explain a lot.
raison de arizona
Verified: ✔️ he/him/his

Post by raison de arizona »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:06 pm I believe that Bill Barr said that he has no linear thinking.
Yup.
The Recount @therecount wrote: Geraldo Rivera: “Is Donald Trump fit to be president?”

Former Trump AG Bill Barr: “He does not have the ability for strategic thinking and linear thinking … It is a horror show when he’s left to his own devices … He will deliver chaos.”
“Remember, democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide.” —John Adams
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

The cult near Mar-a-Lago today.
Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 »

IMG_2527.jpeg
IMG_2527.jpeg (298.7 KiB) Viewed 502 times
Optimism is a good characteristic, but if carried to an excess, it becomes foolishness.
—Theodore Roosevelt
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

:rotflmao:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
New Turtle

Post by New Turtle »

After the bus drops them off and drives away, they are gonna find out the hard way that Miami is kinda expensive and they won't be able to camp in the parking lot.
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

"Buses departs."
"Buses arrives."
About what I'd expect.
neonzx
Verified: 🤩✅✅✅✅✅🤩

Post by neonzx »

sugar magnolia wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 5:21 pm "Buses departs."
"Buses arrives."
About what I'd expect.
That is pretty much how I see it groing. On the plus side, the riders/protestors will be able to have some very tasty tacos on their day tour trip to Miami.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Mexican food? :lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler

Return to “The Big Lie & Aftermath of The Former Guy”