Rest in Peace

TexasFilly

Re: Rest in Peace

Post by TexasFilly » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:00 pm

I wonder what the surgery was.

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I never repeat myself. I never repeat myself. Trump 2/25/16

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:07 pm

SueDB wrote:Bill Paxton - Surgery complications...

http://linkis.com/people.com/movies/VzKEU
Emmy-winning actor Bill Paxton died due to complications from surgery, PEOPLE confirms.

“It is with heavy hearts we share the news that Bill Paxton has passed away due to complications from surgery,” a family representative said in a statement. “A loving husband and father, Bill began his career in Hollywood working on films in the art department and went on to have an illustrious career spanning four decades as a beloved and prolific actor and filmmaker. Bill’s passion for the arts...
Game over, man! GAME OVER!

:crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:26 pm

Bill Paxton died due to complications from heart surgery.

https://www.theguardian.com/film/2017/f ... ns-titanic

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:38 pm

TexasFilly wrote:I wonder what the surgery was.

Hidden Content
My friend who catered a party for him last week said he was talking about having heart surgery.

TexasFilly

Post by TexasFilly » Sun Feb 26, 2017 12:48 pm

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
TexasFilly wrote:I wonder what the surgery was.

Hidden Content
My friend who catered a party for him last week said he was talking about having heart surgery.
Yeah, TMZ is reporting he had a stroke after heart surgery. Same thing happened to my father. 4 days after surgery, massive stroke, brain dead. Of course, they can't use clot busters like they would if you presented to the ER in the midst of a stroke because the patient would bleed to death. Very sad.
I love the poorly educated!!!

I never repeat myself. I never repeat myself. Trump 2/25/16

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Sun Feb 26, 2017 2:55 pm

Original People's Court Judge Joseph Wapner dead at 97.
"Moths are velvety-soft abominations attracted to light." --Puck, reporter from Breaking Cat News

PaulG

Post by PaulG » Sun Feb 26, 2017 9:49 pm

It's been a lousy few days, but to me the worst news was concerning Chez Pazienza who died over the weekend. I was a regular listener to the "Bob and Chez Show", a twice weekly podcast. He leaves behind a fiancee and a young daughter. I know he had health issues but I didn't know how severe.

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Feb 27, 2017 6:56 am

PaulG wrote:It's been a lousy few days, but to me the worst news was concerning Chez Pazienza who died over the weekend. I was a regular listener to the "Bob and Chez Show", a twice weekly podcast. He leaves behind a fiancee and a young daughter. I know he had health issues but I didn't know how severe.
Wiki says heroin overdose.

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Mon Feb 27, 2017 7:09 am

Estiveo wrote:Original People's Court Judge Joseph Wapner dead at 97.
Rain Man: "uh oh"

PaulG

Post by PaulG » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:29 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote: Wiki says heroin overdose.
Yes, it does. It refers to the Daily Banter but the article in the Banter doesn't say that. I don't know the truth of it.

ETA
A different article on the Banter site gives more details and confirms the overdose. Still sad. One quote sums up how I feel.
"He OD'ed. The asshole," Chez's Fiancée Taryn told Bob Cesca.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:23 pm

I had mentioned, over a month ago, the death of Christian Evans, the ex-husband of Rickie Lake, which was vaguely attributed to his bipolar disorder.

Details have finally been revealed. Evans had been trying to conceal his disorder, finally mentioned it in a suicide note to Lake, and killed himself with a gun.

http://www.upi.com/Entertainment_News/2 ... 488469789/

Shizzle Popped

Post by Shizzle Popped » Mon Mar 06, 2017 3:16 pm

Robert Osborne, TCM Host and Film Historian, Dies at 84

http://variety.com/2017/tv/news/robert- ... 202002748/
If a deficit spending, constant golfing, blame shirking, Russia lover is your guy then the next time somebody asks "Hey conservatives,do you love America?" you have to say "Sure,but not as much as I love my side winning."
Neal Brennan

Whip

Post by Whip » Mon Mar 06, 2017 6:29 pm

ozzy will be crushed

ObjectiveDoubter

Post by ObjectiveDoubter » Mon Mar 06, 2017 7:05 pm

Chilidog wrote:
Estiveo wrote:Original People's Court Judge Joseph Wapner dead at 97.
Rain Man: "uh oh"
I received an email about Judge Wapner, just today, a tribute written by the head of a voting rights group I have belonged to for a long time. Judge Wapner was an activist for "Good Government," in case that wasn't in any of the obituaries written about him. Among other things, he was a main player in getting a nonpartisan commission for redistricting, designed as it should be, and then passed in California -- despite both major parties fighting it tooth and nail. He also funded many worthy causes that helped the helpless. He may have been a grump on TV at times, but he was someone who walked the walk, which is everything to me. RIP.

MRich

Post by MRich » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:42 am

George Michael's death ruled "natural causes":
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39193367
The pop star was suffering from dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, according to Darren Salter, senior coroner for Oxfordshire.

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Tue Mar 07, 2017 10:51 am

MRich wrote:George Michael's death ruled "natural causes":
http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-39193367
The pop star was suffering from dilated cardiomyopathy with myocarditis and fatty liver, according to Darren Salter, senior coroner for Oxfordshire.
Gonna see an increase in folks with fatty liver disease as at least a secondary cause of death.
http://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/835464
BMC Gastroenterology
Long Term Follow-up and Liver-related Death Rate in Patients With Non-alcoholic and Alcoholic Related Fatty Liver Disease
Conclusions Patients with fatty liver disease showed a markedly higher risk of developing liver-related death compared to the general population. The AFLD group had higher liver-related mortality and had a worse survival than the NAFLD group. Patients with more severe fibrosis at baseline showed a worse survival than patients with none or mild fibrosis at baseline.
Fatty Liver Disease (alcoholic type) killed my brother, my uncle, several great uncles - ETOH addiction runs in the family though on both sides
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

ObjectiveDoubter

Post by ObjectiveDoubter » Tue Mar 07, 2017 7:21 pm

A giant has passed: Tony Beilenson. Too broken up to even say it all. He was my congressman for 20 years, before the doofus we have now. He was scrupulous, thoughtful, principled and dignified. Never took a penny of PAC money, only individual donations, and tried to run with as little money as possible. The Dem Party often made things difficult for him, because he didn't play the fundraising games. Tony authored the bill for legal abortion when he served in the California legislature in the 1960s. In Congress, he was responsible for saving the Santa Monica Mtns from development, almost alone.

He decided to not run again, in 1995 because of what he characterized as the rancor in Congress, as well as the hours it took to raise money to run again. I have so many funny and wonderful and inspirational stories of working on his campaigns -- which were still very much grassroots, even when money was growing in importance. Just to paint the picture, his campaign manager wasn't a political campaign manager, just someone who'd been running his campaigns forever and came back every two years. His fundraiser was a woman who'd taken a leave of absence from her job raising money for a philanthropy. It was a real campaign, door to door, not dollar to dollar, ironically in a district notable for being one of the wealthiest in the country.

In fact, he was an inspiration. I am beyond sad.

http://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-m ... story.html

Chilidog

Post by Chilidog » Tue Mar 07, 2017 8:28 pm

:bighug:

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:09 pm

Probably not likely to be missed, Joseph Nicolosi, age 70, pioneer of the "gay conversion therapy" (also called "reparative therapy") which produced virtually no long-term satisfied customers, died on Thursday, of complications of the flu.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/con ... 34x7gmn29&
and
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... plications
and
http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2 ... -dies.html

Many of his patients described his methods as traumatic and demeaning. Some states have enacted laws prohibiting the use of this therapy, at least on minors.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kPIdRJlzERo

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:18 am

My dearest life long friend called me early this morning. Her youngest child Katie died of a heroin overdose last night. It was a battle she fought for many years. She was 36. RIP my sweet little Katie

Birfers are toast

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:19 am

MsDaisy wrote:My dearest life long friend called me early this morning. Her youngest child Katie died of a heroin overdose last night. It was a battle she fought for many years. She was 36. RIP my sweet little Katie

I'm so sorry. Too many struggling and dying from this scourge and it's getting worse.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Mon Mar 13, 2017 7:47 am

I'm do sorry, Ms. Daisy. :bighug:

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Mon Mar 13, 2017 8:01 am

As a former junkie I can attest to how hard it is to kick that stuff. The trap is that the high is better the closer to the edge you take it.

My deepest condolences, MsDaisy.
"Moths are velvety-soft abominations attracted to light." --Puck, reporter from Breaking Cat News

Lani

Post by Lani » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:03 am

I'm so sorry, Ms. Daisy.

While I was living in Oz, heroin addiction became rampant. It was thought to be in response to the decriminalizing of marijuana. Heroin prices plunged as low as $5/hit to get new customers. In my little village, we suddenly had a huge problem with needles on the beaches and in parks. The local hospital opened a needle exchange and got the police to leave them alone so addicts would access the service. It helped a lot. In Sydney, I heard from relatives that churches were opening safe places for addicts to inject. Clean needles, staff to watch out for overdoses. The police would shut them down, but then new ones would open. Parents were making buys for their adult children because they feared that their children would use dirty needles or die alone in an alley.

At the time, there was a treatment in Israel involving anesthesia and an IV. Supposedly, people woke up (if they did) no longer addicted. Some parents sought that. There was also a lot of discussion about the Swiss approach. Addicts could get a legal hit each day at a pharmacy (costing about 50 cents). It seemed to be successful, with people living fairly normal lives, holding down jobs, etc. After awhile, many went on to quit all together. The thing is, once their need was safely and routinely satisfied, they could get their lives together. Apparently, it was successful, and Portugal also choose that path. I haven't followed the info for several years, but found this in wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Heroin-assisted_treatment

I hope we as a nation mature sufficiently to understand addiction as a health problem rather than a criminal and spiritual problem.
Insert signature here: ____________________________________________________

MsDaisy

Post by MsDaisy » Mon Mar 13, 2017 9:10 am

Thanks everyone, yes a horrible problem and such a sad and lonely way to die. Gosh, I’ve been choking up over this all morning thinking of her poor mama who will have to go to the morgue today and identify her. God I wish I could be with her but she's too far away. :cry:
Birfers are toast

Return to “Current Events”