Rest in Peace

Sterngard Friegen

Re: Rest in Peace

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Chuck's smile is :explode:
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Sorry, all I have is a FB link. It's big, so sekrit tag.
Sekrit Stuffs!
Dr. Maya Rockeymoore Cummings brings mourners at her husband's funeral to their feet with a rousing eulogy.

"This was a man of the utmost integrity. Do you hear me? He had integrity! And he cared about our democracy!" https://abcn.ws/31PiR4G
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Former Detroit Rep. John Conyers, longest-serving black congressman and co-founder of Black Caucus, has died

https://www.politico.com/amp/news/2019/ ... ies-059332
“Former Representative John Conyers Jr. of Michigan has died at 90. I just spoke with his son, John Conyers III who told me his father passed away in his sleep. Rep. Conyers represented the Detroit area for more than five decades before resigning in 2017,“ former Yamiche Alcindor tweeted Sunday afternoon.
Dr. Kenneth Noisewater

Post by Dr. Kenneth Noisewater »

Former Senator Kay Hagan dead at 66

https://amp.charlotteobserver.com/news/ ... 36088.html
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

The New York Times
@nytimes
·
47m
Michael J. Pollard, who rose to fame in the 1967 hit film "Bonnie and Clyde" and went on to have a long career as a Hollywood character actor, died on Thursday. He was 80.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Yt hat movie has been on a lot lately
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

http://www.multiversitycomics.com/news/ ... lson-obit/
Gahan Wilson, Macabre Cartoonist, Dead at 89

American author, cartoonist and illustrator Gahan Wilson died yesterday, according to his family’s GoFundMe page. He was 89. The notice reads, “The world has lost a legend. One of the very best cartoonists to ever pick up a pen and paper has passed on. He went peacefully – surrounded by those who loved him.”

Born in Evanston, Illinois, on February 18, 1930, Wilson’s dark, horror-inspired cartoons and prose stories regularly appeared in the pages of Playboy, Collier’s and The New Yorker. He also created the comic strip “Nuts,” a darker, more cynical answer to “Peanuts” which ran in National Lampoon magazine.

As well as his work as a cartoonist, Wilson illustrated Jerome Beatty Jr.’s children’s science fiction series Matthew and Maria Looney, and Roger Zelazny’s final book, the 1993 gothic homage A Night in the Lonesome October. He also designed the World Fantasy Convention Award in 1975, which was modeled after his idol H.P. Lovecraft.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Occupation: Permanent probationary slave to 2 dogs, 1 cat, and 1 horse, 4 granddogs, and one grandcat.

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

https://www.sfgate.com/news/us/article/ ... 865444.php
Barbara Hillary, 1st black woman at North, South Poles, dies

Barbara Hillary, who was in her 70s when she became the first black woman to officially make it to the North and South Poles, has died at 88.

Her death was announced Saturday on her Twitter account, which said she had gone through “significant health decline in recent months.” It was also announced on her website.

Hillary reached the North Pole in 2007 at the age of 75, and the South Pole in 2011 at age 79.

She had retired from a nursing career and survived separate occurrences of breast and lung cancer when she started traveling in the Arctic.
A 19th Amendment Centennial Moment:
August 26 was proclaimed Women's Equality Day in 1972 by Richard Nixon. August 26, 1920, was date the 19th Amendment was confirmed by the Secretary of State and became law.
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Sir Johnathan Miller.
Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Nixon-era DOJ official made famous by 'Saturday Night Massacre' dies at 87

Former Deputy Attorney General William Ruckelshaus, one of two top Department of Justice (DOJ) officials who resigned rather than fire the special prosecutor investigating the Watergate scandal, died Wednesday at 87, his family said.

Ruckelshaus joined the Nixon administration in 1969 as assistant attorney general in the DOJ’s civil rights division before becoming the Environmental Protection Agency’s (EPA) first administrator in 1970. In 1973, after a brief stint as acting FBI director, he was appointed deputy attorney general.

In what became known as the "Saturday Night Massacre," both he and Attorney General Elliot Richardson stepped down rather than carry out then-President Nixon’s order to fire special prosecutor Archibald Cox, with the next most-senior DOJ official, Solicitor General Robert Bork, eventually firing Cox.

Ruckelshaus later served as EPA administrator again under former President Reagan from 1983 to 1985.

In 2015, former President Obama awarded him the Presidential Medal of Freedom, citing both his environmental work and his refusal to fire Cox.

that is all at this link
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... rday-night
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp
Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Oldest known living American dies at 114

The oldest known living American has died at 114 in New York.

Alelia Murphy, a former seamstress and native New Yorker, died Saturday, her granddaughter Nefer Nekhet confirmed to CNN. The cause of her death was not immediately available.

The health care workers’ union 1199SEIU, where Murphy’s daughter was a member, put out a statement commemorating her.

“It is with great sadness that we share news of the passing of Mrs. Alelia Murphy,” the post said. “Mrs. Murphy was the oldest living American, having celebrated her 114th birthday in July, surrounded by her family, friends, community leaders, and members of our AFRAM Caucus.”

The Gerontology Research Group confirmed that Murphy lived for 114 years and 140 days. Hester Ford of North Carolina is now the oldest person in the U.S. at 114 years and 105 days, according to the group's website. The oldest person in the world is Kane Tanaka of Japan, who is 116 years old and 330 days.
<snip >
https://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing ... ies-at-114
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp
Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

:wave:
Addie

Post by Addie »

WFMZ
Composer Irving Burgie, who helped popularize Caribbean music and co-wrote the enduring Harry Belafonte hit “Day-O (The Banana Boat Song),” has died at the age of 95.

At the Barbados Independence Day Parade on Saturday, Prime Minister Mia Amor Mottley announced Burgie died Friday.

“Day-O,” written in 1952, has been ubiquitous, appearing in everything from the film and Broadway musical “Beetlejuice” to an E-Trade commercial. "Day-O" was also the wake-up call for the astronauts on two Space Shuttle missions in the 1990s. When a superstar list of music royalty gathered to film the “We Are the World” video in 1985, most burst into a playful version of “Day-O” in between takes. Lil' Wayne used a sample of “Day-O” in his “6 Foot 7 Foot.”
JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Shelley Morrison, who played Rosario the maid on "Will and Grace" died at age 83.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2019/12/01/ente ... index.html
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Victor Sheymov, KGB officer who defected from Soviet Union, dies at 73

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/ob ... story.html
Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

D C Fontana - writer, 81, and Robert Walker Jr - actor, 79, both Star Trek Original Series passed away this week.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

Another Star Trek death, Rene Auberjonois, 79. Played Odo in Deep Space 9.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/amp/n ... ssion=true
Image Image Image Image Image
Volkonski

Post by Volkonski »

Caroll Spinney who was Big Bird and Oscar the Grouch.
Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

i didn't realize Auberjonois was that old, I really liked him. I thought he was an incredible character actor.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AndyinPA

Post by AndyinPA »

Notorial Dissent wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:33 pm i didn't realize Auberjonois was that old, I really liked him. I thought he was an incredible character actor.

I did, too. RIP.
"To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead." -- Thomas Paine
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Paul A. Volcker, Fed Chairman, Is Dead at 92

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/12/09/busi ... -dead.html
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

In 1983, Big Bird (Caroll Spinney) said goodbye to Mr. Hooper (Will Lee). They were two close friends on and off camera. They're now reunited.

We're gonna miss you, Mr. Spinney.
ObjectiveDoubter

Post by ObjectiveDoubter »

AndyinPA wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 9:21 pm
Notorial Dissent wrote: Sun Dec 08, 2019 8:33 pm i didn't realize Auberjonois was that old, I really liked him. I thought he was an incredible character actor.

I did, too. RIP.
I think he lived in Studio City some years ago, which is, relatively, here. I'd see him around, and he performed in many plays at the Ahmanson Theater downtown. I actually thought he was older because he's one of those people who's always been around. He performed in any genre, pretty much. An actor's actor. To be missed.
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

It's all over now...

Marie Fredriksson is dead - turned 61
“It is with great sadness that we have to announce that one of our biggest and most beloved artists is gone. Marie Fredriksson died on the evening of December 9 in the suites of her former illness, ”writes Marie Dimberg, press contact and manager for Roxette and Gyllene times in a press release.

Marie Fredriksson was one of the members of the world famous band Roxette together with Per Gessle. Roxette was founded in 1986 and is one of Sweden's most internationally successful bands of all time.

Marie Fredriksson fell ill in 2002 when she suffered a brain tumor. In 2009, however, she began performing again with Roxette and conducting world tours.

Roxette's most prominent hits include Never ending love (1986), The Look (1988) and It must have been love (1990). The latter had a major international impact, including through the movie Pretty woman with Richard Gere and Julia Roberts.
I've heard this bull before.
John Thomas8

Post by John Thomas8 »

Peter Frates, founder of the Ice Bucket Challange that has raised hundreds of millions of dollars to battle ALS, lost his personal battle with the disease:

(CNN)A man who helped inspire a multimillion-dollar movement to help find a cure for ALS has died.

Pete Frates, 34, was one of the most recognizable faces of the ALS Ice Bucket Challenge, a viral sensation that swept the Internet in 2014 and raised more than $115 million for ALS research.

Return to “Current Events”