Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

Dr. Caligari

Re: Dogs!

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Kate520 wrote: Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:57 am How is Phoebe? You posted her puppy pics, now lost forever. Got any new ones?
I do, but for some reason I'm having a hard time posting them.

She's fine, though. Thanks for asking.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Liz wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 9:46 pm Born on Feb 17. Not named. Bernese Mountain Dog Poodle mix.. Bernedoodle
My first new puppy visit was today. I picked this one.
He stays with his mom until April 15 and then goes to puppy school until the 30th and then comes home.
He needs a name before he goes to school
I can see him being “Calvin.”
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Liz

Post by Liz »

I just hope he's smart. It's been 20 some years since we've had a dog. I had childhood dog and we've had dogs since our marriage.
My list so far: Calvin, Thurber, Dunk, Poot, T-Bone, Bo, short for Bobo, Bo-Rock or Bo-ama. Ba-ma, Plum.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Liz wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 5:23 pm I just hope he's smart. It's been 20 some years since we've had a dog. I had childhood dog and we've had dogs since our marriage.
My list so far: Calvin, Thurber, Dunk, Poot, T-Bone, Bo, short for Bobo, Bo-Rock or Bo-ama. Ba-ma, Plum.
POOT???
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Ooo I love T-Bone!

That takes care of at least four of them, cuz you’ll call him Bo.
Chilidog

Post by Chilidog »

Ross, for Bob Ross

For the hair
Lani

Post by Lani »

Full story here: A Dog Who Kept Sneaking into a Dollar General for a Unicorn Toy Gets His Plush and a New Start
https://people.com/pets/dog-stealing-un ... nRy3i4tuTk
Screenshot_2021-03-27 A Dog Who Kept Sneaking into a Dollar General for a Unicorn Toy Gets His Plush and a New Start.png
Screenshot_2021-03-27 A Dog Who Kept Sneaking into a Dollar General for a Unicorn Toy Gets His Plush and a New Start.png (414.15 KiB) Viewed 3920 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Lani

Post by Lani »

Oh No!
Major, one of President Biden’s two German shepherds, was involved in another biting incident at the White House this week, his second in less than a month, the White House said Tuesday.

The incident involved a National Park Service employee on the South Lawn on Monday afternoon, according to CNN, which first reported the story.

“Major is still adjusting to his new surroundings and he nipped someone while on a walk,” Michael LaRosa, press secretary for first lady Jill Biden, said in a statement. “Out of an abundance of caution, the individual was seen by [the White House Medical Unit] and then returned to work without injury.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 1e56db6a19

He's very protective of his family.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Lani

Post by Lani »

Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

💕
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Lani wrote: Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:06 pm Oh No!
Major, one of President Biden’s two German shepherds, was involved in another biting incident at the White House this week, his second in less than a month, the White House said Tuesday.

The incident involved a National Park Service employee on the South Lawn on Monday afternoon, according to CNN, which first reported the story.

“Major is still adjusting to his new surroundings and he nipped someone while on a walk,” Michael LaRosa, press secretary for first lady Jill Biden, said in a statement. “Out of an abundance of caution, the individual was seen by [the White House Medical Unit] and then returned to work without injury.”
https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics ... 1e56db6a19

He's very protective of his family.
I’m waiting for someone to try to spin this into a scandal.
Notaperson

Post by Notaperson »

This is hilarious.

Lani

Post by Lani »

This photo popped up on my phone this morning. It's this 6th anniversary of Ted & me meeting! His hair was matted and stained by the red dirt. The real color is that of a golden retriever with a gray saddle. He was very, very sad. 8+ months in doggie prison - for the 2nd time. Just because his two prior families moved away and dumped him when they left. So I took him home with me. I wasn't planning to have another dog....
teddy r.jpg
teddy r.jpg (44.94 KiB) Viewed 3619 times
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

Ted is awesome! :lovestruck:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Ted has come a long way. :lovestruck:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

I love Ted. And Lani, too! :bighug:
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Few things are as heartwarming as a happy dog.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

“Deaf Norfolk sheepdog Peggy learns 'sign language'”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-56687304
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 6:28 am “Deaf Norfolk sheepdog Peggy learns 'sign language'”:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-norfolk-56687304
Nice story.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/202 ... hite-house
Major the White House dog will receive further training away from the executive mansion after two biting incidents at his new home, a spokesman for the first lady, Jill Biden, said on Monday.

The misbehaving canine will receive private training in the Washington area. It is expected to last a few weeks.

“Major will undergo some additional training to help him adjust to life in the White House,” spokesman Michael LaRosa said.

The younger of the Bidens’ two german shepherds, a rescue dog, did not break skin in the first incident, the president told ABC last month. Later in March the dog bit a security staff member causing a “minor injury”, a White House spokeswoman said.
Liz

Post by Liz »

Dogs just like to have fun

Estiveo
Verified:

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image

Return to “General Stuff”