Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Dogs!

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Re: Dogs!

Post by Maybenaut »

:rotflmao:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Liz

Post by Liz »

Kate520 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:19 pm Ooo I love T-Bone!

That takes care of at least four of them, cuz you’ll call him Bo.
Yup, right you are. His name is Bo.

Bo at his first day of Puppy School..

Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You need to frame that first day of school photo!!!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

:lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Look at the paws on this kid! Oh, my, Bo is going to be a BIG boy!
MsDaisy
Verified:

Post by MsDaisy »

Bo is sooo cute!

This is my Granddog Sydney, he's a Vizsla. He spent his first two years of life in College where he spent a lot of time stuck in the dorm, he's an old man of 11 now. I have attempted to kill this dog on more than one occasion, especially when he ate the couch. He has the worst OCD's I've ever seen a dog have. He LOVES to dig, especially in freshly planted gardens. Here he's helping with the flag pole hole.
Sydney.jpg
Sydney.jpg (39.54 KiB) Viewed 4122 times
He also goes completely mad for anything that reflects light such as glass doors of which we have 9 inside and exterior in this old house. So Syd bashes the doors all day in different parts of the house trying to make them open or close so he can chase the light. One year for Christmas I bought the little bastard a disco ball, when it lit up and all the lights started to swirl around the room he froze and couldn't move! :rotflmao:

He did try to kill my little Pickle when she was a wee little kitten, got her by the back of the neck and shook her but she got away. She's two years old now and still terrified every time he comes to visit. I have to keep her and the other two cats locked up in the Library whenever he's here, and he happens to be here visiting at the moment but is leaving tomorrow. He lives in NYC with his mom in a little condo near central park that has about a 3 foot balcony. Here he runs like a wild thing all over the property. In the summer he spends literally hours at a time swimming circles in the pool biting the water and chasing the bubbles. For some reason he's chosen me as his favorite person here and I can't imagine why. :confuzzled:
johnpcapitalist
Verified: ✅ Totally legit!

Post by johnpcapitalist »

Liz wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 11:25 am
Kate520 wrote: Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:19 pm Ooo I love T-Bone!

That takes care of at least four of them, cuz you’ll call him Bo.
Yup, right you are. His name is Bo.

Bo at his first day of Puppy School..

The cuteness meter just broke from overload.

However, Bernadoodles can be real pains. My sweetie's adult daughter has one, who just turned a year old. 90 pounds of amiable doofus, but utterly uncontrollable when he gets excited. When he gets it into his dim little intellect that he wants to go chase a squirrel, he goes... right through the expensive new pet fence, and loose around the neighborhood. And he still gets excited enough that he engages in a lot of mouthing (not quite the same as fear biting from his perspective but it can hurt when he gets carried away).

I'd suggest planning for extensive training, a pet containment system and a lot of walks. Plus "tutoring" as soon as the vet recommends.
Liz

Post by Liz »

Kate520 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:59 pm :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
He's supposed to be the mid-sized variety... 35 to 50 lbs.
I'm hoping 35ish lbs.... and not a doofus.
Dr. Caligari

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Liz wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 6:32 pm
Kate520 wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 2:59 pm :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
He's supposed to be the mid-sized variety... 35 to 50 lbs.
I'm hoping 35ish lbs.... and not a doofus.
If he's 3/4 poodle, he's not likely to be a doofus. But, based on those paws, I think 35 lbs. is on the low end of estimates.
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Law
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Concur. And :lovestruck: .
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Whoa. Bo's first day of puppy school and he already learned to be a puppy! :shock:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Lani

Post by Lani »

For the first time since January 2020, Ted and I headed out to the humane society big dog park. When I turned into the park, Ted was so excited he tried to get in the front seat to lick me.

When we last went there regularly, there would be 8 to 14 people and a dozen or more big dogs. We were the only ones there :crying: Ted looked sad, but then he cheered up, played in the wading pool, peed everywhere, and rolled around in the grass.

Eventually someone with a little dog showed up. Little dog park was empty, so they came over to have company. The dogs hung out together for a little while, but they didn't stay very long.

I decided to leave, but a guy showed up with a Great Dane. The dog was huge - and just 5 months old. The dogs ran around for awhile. Unfortunately, the giant pup decided to be intimate with Ted, which did not go over well. :fingerwag:

Thus ended our return to big dog park until next weekend. Ted napped on way home.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Lani wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 2:10 am I decided to leave, but a guy showed up with a Great Dane. The dog was huge - and just 5 months old. The dogs ran around for awhile. Unfortunately, the giant pup decided to be intimate with Ted, which did not go over well. :fingerwag:
:lol:
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:lovestruck:

There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Bonus: Kate Bush!
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Kate520 wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:26 pm Bonus: Kate Bush!
LOL, Running up that Hill! I had the sound turned off when I posted this and turned it on after your comment. Very cool!
There's a lot of things that need to change. One specifically? Police brutality.
--Colin Kaepernick
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

RVInit wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 2:19 pm :lovestruck:

Nice ending, but tough to watch. I had a friend who lost a miniature chihuahua in a pool like that. Great little dog. :(
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

Oh, Andy, I am so sorry. That had to be devastating. I can't even imagine.
--Colin Kaepernick
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

Pancake met a bee or a snake, we don't know which. She is much better now.
IMG_1660.jpg
IMG_1660.jpg (35.38 KiB) Viewed 3736 times
IMG_1662.jpg
IMG_1662.jpg (36.1 KiB) Viewed 3736 times
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Lani

Post by Lani »

I thought this story was previously posted about a dog who is a "vessel for a traumatized a Victorian child that now haunts our home." The dog needs a permanent home, but the foster mom is brutally honest. :rotflmao:

The demon dog raised $$, got a lot of publicity, and was interviewed by the NYT. And he has a forever home!
Screenshot_2021-04-29 .png
Screenshot_2021-04-29 .png (320.75 KiB) Viewed 3689 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Frater I*I
Verified: ✅Verified Devilish Hyena

Post by Frater I*I »

"He offers better protection than capitol security"

I know I shouldn't buuuutttt...

:rotflmao:
"He sewed his eyes shut because he is afraid to see, He tries to tell me what I put inside of me
He's got the answers to ease my curiosity, He dreamed a god up and called it Christianity"

Trent Reznor
FiveAcres

Post by FiveAcres »

A close friend has a rescue chihuahua: probably from a mill dog breeding operation. She actually had a bit of a struggle with one of the rescue org personnel, who did not believe that anyone would be willing to adopt a chihuahua who didn't like to be touched. His foster home parents thought it was a good fit, because my friend did not want a lap dog.

Bond has been with her for several years now. He is very bonded to her though he still doesn't like to be touched. Treats and hanging out with loads of people suits him just fine. He does make an exception during thunderstorms, when he will beg to be picked up and held. He is also a fine little agility dog. Watching chihuahuas do agility is pretty entertaining. Slow, but entertaining.
Avatar was a photo I took by Killary Fjord in 2005. Killary Fjord is in Northern Connemara, Ireland.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:lovestruck: and :rotflmao:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

My little brother's family had Chihuahua's for some time (hence, where my avatar came from). Since the first two were calm and friendly (I took the picture in my avatar when Melody was yawning while waking up), I had sort of assumed that was normal. After Melody and Cecilia passed, they eventually got another one without the calm disposition. They love her, but the term 'demon dog' has been used.
101010 :towel:

Return to “General Stuff”