Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Cats!

Azastan
Verified:

Re: Cats!

Post by Azastan »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Apr 05, 2021 8:32 pm Courtesy of JJ MacNab, a sweet cat:
His piano player seems to be a very sweet human--he rescues cats off the streets in Turkey.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Lani

Post by Lani »

Screenshot_2021-04-12 Lorenzo The Cat on Twitter.png
Screenshot_2021-04-12 Lorenzo The Cat on Twitter.png (451.49 KiB) Viewed 4692 times
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

:thumbsup:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
roadscholar

Post by roadscholar »

Dusty in here. :lovestruck:
The bitterest truth is more wholesome than the sweetest lie.
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

:lovestruck:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Lani

Post by Lani »

I happy cried.

I've thought about being old(er) and no longer having Ted. He's 11 yo and has an immune disorder that destroys his platelets. It's been hard, but we finally have a medication routine that keeps him normal. So I've thought about years to come when I'm old(er) and he's gone. I wrote about it in the old forum. I decided that when the time comes, I won't look for a new kitty or pup and possibly put the pet and my son in a difficult situation in the future. I'll contact the hospice to see if someone needs to know that their older pet will have a loving home.
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

Lani wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:29 am I happy cried.

I've thought about being old(er) and no longer having Ted. He's 11 yo and has an immune disorder that destroys his platelets. It's been hard, but we finally have a medication routine that keeps him normal. So I've thought about years to come when I'm old(er) and he's gone. I wrote about it in the old forum. I decided that when the time comes, I won't look for a new kitty or pup and possibly put the pet and my son in a difficult situation in the future. I'll contact the hospice to see if someone needs to know that their older pet will have a loving home.
:bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Lani wrote: Mon Apr 12, 2021 11:29 am I happy cried.

This is why I have all senior horses, or foster for a really good Arabian rescue (Arabian Horse Rescue & Education, in Oregon). I don't want my husband to have to worry about what to do with my guys if something happened to me. My neighbours have told me that they would make sure my horses were ok, but...at least with fosters I know that the rescue will pick them up.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Kittybear was begging to go in the garage last night at 7:30 pm. I told her absolutely not, girly kittehs don't hang out rolling in the dirt on the garage floor at that time of night. Besides, we might forget and leave her out there all night. :talktothehand: :fingerwag:

At 6:15 this morning I went downstairs and she wasn't around. I opened the door to the garage and she came running into the kitchen, complaining vociferously about being out there all night. :doh:

Dumbass. It turns out Alex Bob Todd Whoever went in the garage at 10 pm, half asleep and not paying attention, and she snuck past him when he wasn't looking. :blackeye:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Used to have a very large very fluffy cat named Basil (Fawlty) that was as dumb as a rock but adorable. Couldn’t find him one day, that evening opening the drawer at the bottom of a wardrobe there he was fast asleep totally happy.
If you can't lie to yourself, who can you lie to?
sugar magnolia

Post by sugar magnolia »

Uninformed wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 7:00 am Used to have a very large very fluffy cat named Basil (Fawlty) that was as dumb as a rock but adorable. Couldn’t find him one day, that evening opening the drawer at the bottom of a wardrobe there he was fast asleep totally happy.
LOL! My grandmother lost her large fluffy cat one time for several days, too. She called my mother and told her she was hearing the spirit of the cat (yeah, Cajuns put a lot of stock in haints and spirits) talking to her at night. 4 days later, she found the cat in the linen drawer in the dining room, none the worse for wear, apparently.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

There are now THREE (!) felines-in-residence at Maybelot. In addition to Chunky, we also have Leo and Ivy (no photos yet). As I’ve mentioned, the previous owner had a whole bunch of feral cats that she’d feed (some more feral than others). When they moved she took most of them with her, but there several that she couldn’t catch. She came back every evening and set traps, and eventually got all the rest except Leo and Ivy. By then, Leo and Ivy were showing up when we fed Chunky, so we’d feed them too. I told the previous owner that we’d feed them when we saw them, but we’re not leaving food out for the raccoons. I also told her that feeding them is as far as we’re willing to go. If they get sick or injured, we’d likely not take them to the vet (I actually don’t know if I could stick with that pledge, but she needed to decide whether she wanted to keep trying to trap them).

Anyhoo, Leo is a long-haired grey tabby with some white. Ivy is a tuxedo.
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Kittybear is the world's biggest tomboy, she loves to spend time in the garage, and if I leave a pile of sawdust she'll be covered with it when she comes back inside. We have to keep the garage floor swept because she'll roll in the dirt. She spends most of the time out there hunting lizards who may crawl under the door. Or mice, or even cockroaches. And she loves to get in play fights with her brother and sister. She's a 90% pure white cat with green eyes who looks like an angel but acts more manly than any cat we've had.

She's the one on the right.

FB_IMG_1553162802439.jpg
Ol' Wifehorn went to Tuesday Morning to get cat food dishes after a couple of ours broke. They didn't have any so she came home with bento dishes (Japanese single serving dishes) instead.

Leon will eat from nothing else, so his new name is Johnny Bento, which would be a great name for a rock star. And Emily Louise is still tiny and still marked exactly like a Holstein Friesian cow. Her new name is Peanut Moocow.

You can name a cat anything. You can even give them numbers. :oldman:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

You can give kids numbers too, also.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Umm, I suspect ol' Wifehorn would disagree with that one ... :?

Or the future.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:16 am You can give kids numbers too, also.
And spouses.
Tiredretiredlawyer

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:30 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:16 am You can give kids numbers too, also.
And spouses.
And dogs and horses.
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Beverley Nichols used to name his cats by numbering them.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Azastan wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 9:49 am
Beverley Nichols used to name his cats by numbering them.
When you get to 22 you pronounce it "two-dy-two" as did my nephew at age 3.
Foggy
Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

And spouses.
I'd save that for ex-spice if I had any.

:whisper: (Mouse ~> mice, spouse ~> spice. Plurals are fun. Lotta fine hice in this neighborhood. :?)

Or the future.
northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Post by northland10 »

Foggy wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:37 am You can name a cat anything. You can even give them numbers. :oldman:
T.S. Eliot has already explained this.
101010 :towel:
Tiredretiredlawyer

:clap:
Tiredretiredlawyer

Foggy wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:41 am
And spouses.
I'd save that for ex-spice if I had any.

:whisper: (Mouse ~> mice, spouse ~> spice. Plurals are fun. Lotta fine hice in this neighborhood. :?)
For a time, Hubby thought it was witty to call me his last wife. I "explained" it sounded like a criticism. He obliged by not calling me that again. I had some "last wife" experience as a divorce attorney.

ETA: mice-meeces
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:43 am For a time, Hubby thought it was witty to call me his last wife. I "explained" it sounded like a criticism. He obliged by not calling me that again. I had some "last wife" experience as a divorce attorney.
I remember sitting next to my grandma in church when I was probably about 11 years old and her pointing out a couple a few pews ahead of us. Grandma said "That's Mr. Jones and his first wife." Well, yeah. The woman was also his only and current wife! :lol:

Return to “General Stuff”