Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Cats!

northland10
Verified: ✅ I'm me.

Re: Cats!

Post by northland10 »

MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:04 pm
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:43 am For a time, Hubby thought it was witty to call me his last wife. I "explained" it sounded like a criticism. He obliged by not calling me that again. I had some "last wife" experience as a divorce attorney.
I remember sitting next to my grandma in church when I was probably about 11 years old and her pointing out a couple a few pews ahead of us. Grandma said "That's Mr. Jones and his first wife." Well, yeah. The woman was also his only and current wife! :lol:
Is that an example of good Minnesota Lutherans telling it like it is? Is it only a matter of time till Mr. Jones is on number two?

And what about the first wife's hat and outfit? Priorities here.
101010 :towel:
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Mr520 used to introduce me as ‘My wife, Kate’ until I mentioned that I’m many more things than just his wife. The next time, he introduced me as ‘Kate, my wife, among others.’ He meant to say ‘among other things’ but he got flustered. :lol:
MN-Skeptic

Post by MN-Skeptic »

northland10 wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:14 pm
MN-Skeptic wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 12:04 pm
I remember sitting next to my grandma in church when I was probably about 11 years old and her pointing out a couple a few pews ahead of us. Grandma said "That's Mr. Jones and his first wife." Well, yeah. The woman was also his only and current wife! :lol:
Is that an example of good Minnesota Wisconsin Lutherans telling it like it is? Is it only a matter of time till Mr. Jones is on number two?

And what about the first wife's hat and outfit? Priorities here.
Tiredretiredlawyer
Verified: ✅🐴🐎🦄🌻5000 posts and counting

Post by Tiredretiredlawyer »

I’m not sure which sounds worse!
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
RTH10260
Verified: ✔️ Eurobot

Post by RTH10260 »

Lani

Post by Lani »

For some reason, I really enjoyed that!
Image You can't wait until life isn't hard anymore before you decide to be happy.
Foggy
Dick Tater
Verified: as seen on qvc zombie apocalypse

Post by Foggy »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:43 am
ETA: mice-meeces
So you're saying spouse ~> speeces? :think:
Some things are simply too fast, or too relentless to avoid. Like the North Carolina rain.

Or the future.
Tiredretiredlawyer

Foggy wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 7:16 am
Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat Apr 17, 2021 9:43 am
ETA: mice-meeces
So you're saying spouse ~> speeces? :think:
spouse~>speeces
house~>heeces

goose~>geeses
moose~>meeses :homophone:
"Mickey Mouse and I grew up together." - Ruthie Tompson, Disney animation checker and scene planner and one of the first women to become a member of the International Photographers Union in 1952.
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

The Feral Cats of Maybelot... Chunky’s in the center, Leo on the bottom, and Ivy on the top.
C842B2F9-4D4F-458A-9F9E-6E9C8A6410AE.jpeg
C842B2F9-4D4F-458A-9F9E-6E9C8A6410AE.jpeg (141.42 KiB) Viewed 5216 times
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left at the portrait of George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Good looking squatters, Maybenaut. :lovestruck:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
Tiredretiredlawyer

fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:40 pm Good looking squatters, Maybenaut. :lovestruck:
Off Topic
My youngest granddaughter (5) proudly showed Mimi and Papa her very own fierce red panda plush toy when we visited a couple of weeks ago. She doesn't name her animals, but I think of her/him as "Fierce".
fierceredpanda
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney. I am not your lawyer. My posts != legal advice.

Post by fierceredpanda »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:42 am
fierceredpanda wrote: Sun Apr 18, 2021 8:40 pm Good looking squatters, Maybenaut. :lovestruck:
Off Topic
My youngest granddaughter (5) proudly showed Mimi and Papa her very own fierce red panda plush toy when we visited a couple of weeks ago. She doesn't name her animals, but I think of her/him as "Fierce".
Off Topic
Awww, thanks! :lovestruck:
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple. The smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton
bill_g
Verified: ✅ Checked Republic ✓ ᵛᵉʳᶦᶠᶦᵉᵈ

Post by bill_g »

Gigi the Kat may have officially adopted us last night.

Gigi belongs to our War Nurse neighbor that has been in hospice since before Easter. Her back door has a cat door so Gigi can come and go as she pleases, but we had no idea how often our friend's family came by to feed Gigi. So, I took over margarine bowls for water and dry food. Other neighbors chipped in, and I often found her bowl filled up. Then the raccoons found it, made a mess, and I started a new daily routine - drop off her bowl every morning, check on her around dinner time, and then pick it up before I went to bed.

She became used to the routine and would come out of the bushes when I called her in the mornings meaning she wasn't staying inside very much anymore. Same at dinner time, and lately when I go over at bed time she would almost follow me home. Each day she would get a little braver and walk a bit further until day before yesterday when she came all the way to our back porch. We had some quality time, and then she disappeared into the night. Last night she stayed on a patio chair. Mrs brought out food, and got a half hour of lap time from her. She did not leave until I went to work.

So, it may be premature, but we think it's official. She's adopted us. We will know over the weekend.
fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda »

:lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

bill_g wrote: Fri Apr 30, 2021 1:35 pm Gigi the Kat may have officially adopted us last night.

Gigi belongs to our War Nurse neighbor that has been in hospice since before Easter. Her back door has a cat door so Gigi can come and go as she pleases, but we had no idea how often our friend's family came by to feed Gigi. So, I took over margarine bowls for water and dry food. Other neighbors chipped in, and I often found her bowl filled up. Then the raccoons found it, made a mess, and I started a new daily routine - drop off her bowl every morning, check on her around dinner time, and then pick it up before I went to bed.

She became used to the routine and would come out of the bushes when I called her in the mornings meaning she wasn't staying inside very much anymore. Same at dinner time, and lately when I go over at bed time she would almost follow me home. Each day she would get a little braver and walk a bit further until day before yesterday when she came all the way to our back porch. We had some quality time, and then she disappeared into the night. Last night she stayed on a patio chair. Mrs brought out food, and got a half hour of lap time from her. She did not leave until I went to work.

So, it may be premature, but we think it's official. She's adopted us. We will know over the weekend.
I feel bad for your neighbour, but glad for Gigi, knowing that she will still be loved.
AndyinPA
Verified:

Post by AndyinPA »

It will be a comfort to your neighbor to know that the cat is well taken care of, if she is in a state where she can understand that. :bighug:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

:lovestruck: :bighug:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
poplove
Verified: ✅💚💙💜☮️💐🌈⚽️✅

Post by poplove »

Ukuleles and cats. :lovestruck:

Tiredretiredlawyer

Are you a Lovecat, Poppie?
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Who knew there was a bass ukulele?

So, night two of Gigi on our back porch. Woohoo! According to Mrs, she disappeared through the day, but reappeared sometime between when I got home from work and when I walked down to the mailbox before dinner. She was outside waiting to greet the dawn with us, and eager for a meal. Mrs_G, ever the animal whisperer, gave Gigi a good rubbing including her extra special belly massage that always seems to make critters melt into her lap. It's a wonder to watch them relax almost into sedation. I've never mastered the technique, and usually invite a hard nip. My super power seems to be head and ear scratchings where I'll get full force feedback as they rock their heads into my fingers to dig deeper.

Shopping today will include getting Gigi a flea collar and a good combing before she comes inside to meet Sweetie Pie aka Q-Tip. I am not optimistic. Sweetie Pie will be fine. He's had kitty pals before. Gigi is highly independent and used to living outside with full reign over her domain. Woofie, the next door neighbor's tuxedo cat, may have something to say about that. Woofy claims our yard as his territory since Mister died a couple years ago. Before Mister, it belonged to Beezy Cat. And prior to that it was Mr Kitty's yard. Gigi may belong to a long line of outdoor cats we've had that inhabit our back porch and command the garden.
poplove

Post by poplove »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:59 am Are you a Lovecat, Poppie?
Definitely! Im also a Leo.
Tiredretiredlawyer

poplove wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:11 pm
Rowr!
poplove

Post by poplove »

Tiredretiredlawyer wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 8:10 pm
poplove wrote: Sat May 01, 2021 3:11 pm
Rowr!
Attachments
ED9EAD35-719C-490E-A63B-24AC434E971E.jpeg
ED9EAD35-719C-490E-A63B-24AC434E971E.jpeg (164.82 KiB) Viewed 4770 times
bill_g

Post by bill_g »

Meet Gigi. She chilled in my lap yesterday afternoon for about forty minutes while I played Sudoku on the phone. That also gave me the opportunity to get a snap of her. She doesn't pose well. She stays tucked in a catball nose down. I only got a couple shots where she turned her head slightly. You can see how tiny she is. Barely a couple pound with a head smaller than a tennis ball. She's the size of a yearling, but she's older than five.
Attachments
20210501_gigi.jpg
20210501_gigi.jpg (133.37 KiB) Viewed 4748 times
20210501_gigi2.jpg
20210501_gigi2.jpg (146.81 KiB) Viewed 4748 times
Azastan
Verified:

Post by Azastan »

Heartwarming to see her accept you :dance: .

Return to “General Stuff”