"Diamond and Silk"

sad-cafe

"Diamond and Silk"

Post by sad-cafe » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:48 am

Do you know how hard it is, in a week of Kanye and Candace and Ben and Bill, to still win the Most Embarrassing Negro of the Week Award? That takes a special kind of dedication. A commitment to such a grotesque caricature of blackness that even Michael Rapaport would let time expire before picking you in the racial draft. Yet here we are: Donald Trump-supporting social media stars Diamond and Silk have jumped through hoops to snatch the trophy, and they even did it in front of Congress.

Lynnette Hardaway, aka Diamond, and Rochelle Richardson, aka Silk, were called to testify in front of the House Judiciary Committee on Thursday about whether or not Facebook was targeting conservative social media personalities for “shadow bans” and censorship. It was a ridiculous farce of a hearing, featuring three empty chairs for executives of Facebook, YouTube and Twitter to attend (which is about as realistic as leaving spare seats for Barack and Michelle Obama in the front pew for your local Black History Month pageant), and members of Congress decried the entire affair.

https://www.theroot.com/diamond-and-sil ... 1825610241

I watched Sheila Jackson Lee dress them down.

They were crying that FB took away their "freedom of speech". When will learn that private business can limit what is being said on their forum that one must agree to terms to use?

scirreeve

Re: "Diamond and Silk"

Post by scirreeve » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:24 am

President Spanky only follows 46 twitter accounts - Diamond and Silk nutjobs are 1 of the 46. They have a poot connection - I first heard of them when they were campaigning for Michele "Bubbles" Fiore.

Dan1100

Post by Dan1100 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 2:31 am

Had to look up who they are.

It confirms my general policy to ignore all video bloggers, youtube/instagram personalities, and reality TV stars (making an exception for ones who are crab fishing or flying airplanes in the arctic).

Don't care who they are and don't care what they think. In a few days, I won't remember their names. . . :notlistening:
"Devin Nunes is having a cow over this."

-George Takei

Till Eulenspiegel

Post by Till Eulenspiegel » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:17 am

Black people have the right to be crazy just as whites.
„Er aber, sag’s ihm, er kann mich im Arsche lecken!“ - J.W. Goethe - Götz von Berlichingen

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:45 am

:nooo: Why bring race or ethnicity into the discussion about the stupid people? I don't understand that comment.

Till Eulenspiegel

Post by Till Eulenspiegel » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:19 am

scirreeve wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:45 am
:nooo: Why bring race or ethnicity into the discussion about the stupid people? I don't understand that comment.
Have you read the first post ? I guess - not.
„Er aber, sag’s ihm, er kann mich im Arsche lecken!“ - J.W. Goethe - Götz von Berlichingen

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:28 am

Carl von Ossietsky wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:19 am
scirreeve wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 4:45 am
Have you read the first post ? I guess - not.
I did. I agree with scirreeve, sort of. I agree there’s a conversation to be had, and I think race might be a component. But I think sad-cafe’s “Most Embarrassing Negro of the Week” comment was unnecessary.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:35 am

Maybenaut wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:28 am
... I think sad-cafe’s “Most Embarrassing Negro of the Week” comment was unnecessary.
She was quoting The Root (link in her post) which appears to be a black publication, though I don't have time to verify that. Look at the menu item about "bruthas". I might be mistaken.
Edit: On the Goog, it says "The Root - Black news, opinions, politics and culture".
They say that on his deathbed, Voltaire, asked to renounce the devil, said, "This is no time to be making new enemies."

mimi

Post by mimi » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:20 am

Yes, she was quoting Jason Johnson at The Root, an online magazine covering Black news and culture. Operates under the Gizmodo umbrella.

shoulda used a quote box or quotation marks. :fingerwag:

And yeah, their blackness is part of the story here in that Diamond and Silk also got paid $7,000 to make some campaign ads for Paul Nehlen. The same Paul Nehlen who is a white supremacist running for congress.

I don't know if it's on youtube, but you can see the ad attached to this tweet:

Or via this post at raw story:

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/04/flashb ... -neo-nazi/

There is no bottom for these women. They will do anything for a buck.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:32 am

Joy Reid calls them Zircon and Polyester. I approve that sobriquet. They are fakes.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:35 am

The bottom line for me about them or anyone else . . . no one needs to follow them or support them (same with Bundys, et al.). That people do is more concerning to me than that they (or the Bundys) exist. Same with Trump and Congress. Trump is what he is — no surprises there. But Congress has a responsibility, and the concerning part to me is the support/enabling of any of these.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:43 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:35 am
The bottom line for me about them or anyone else . . . no one needs to follow them or support them (same with Bundys, et al.). That people do is more concerning to me than that they (or the Bundys) exist. Same with Trump and Congress. Trump is what he is — no surprises there. But Congress has a responsibility, and the concerning part to me is the support/enabling of any of these.
:yeah:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Fiona

Post by Fiona » Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:47 pm

I am embarrassed to admit that at first I thought it was performance art. Yeah...I can be fairly obtuse at times. :bag:

qbawl

Post by qbawl » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:29 pm

Fiona wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 12:47 pm
I am embarrassed to admit that at first I thought it was performance art. Yeah...I can be fairly obtuse at times. :bag:
:yeah:

My first thought exactly.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:31 pm

From my White Woman privileged position, The Root is worth reading. Step into the shoes of some erudite bruthas and sistahs to get a view of the world through a different lens.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Fiona

Post by Fiona » Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:38 pm

kate520 wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 1:31 pm
From my White Woman privileged position, The Root is worth reading. Step into the shoes of some erudite bruthas and sistahs to get a view of the world through a different lens.
:yeah: from a fellow White Woman with privilege.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe » Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:04 pm

yes
It is very interesting.

I did post the link after the paragraphs....sorry I didn't box it in correctly

My very lily white sister thinks "Diamond and Silk" are absolutely wonderful and speak for most black people.

I can absolutely not get her to understand how stupid they are or how used they are being.

She thought it was great how they "took it to congress"

Some days I just sigh

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sat Apr 28, 2018 7:07 pm

sad-cafe wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:04 pm
yes
It is very interesting.

I did post the link after the paragraphs....sorry I didn't box it in correctly

My very lily white sister thinks "Diamond and Silk" are absolutely wonderful and speak for most black people.

I can absolutely not get her to understand how stupid they are or how used they are being.

She thought it was great how they "took it to congress"

Some days I just sigh
Tell her they're backing Nehlens for money. And then let her read some of Nehlens' "stuff." See what she thinks then. If she still has a high opinion of them, you've got a racist for a sister.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe » Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:31 pm

I am pretty sure she doesn't care and pretty sure she is racist. I worked hard to get out of our hometown and to widen my horizons. She never did and her husband is even worse.

During the election she "defriended" me because she was tired of me always finding the truth to the bullshit she spewed about 45 or Hillary. I am a Government teacher so of course I would know the truth or how to find the wrongs. She didn't like that.

To be honest, it didn't really bother me that she couldn't accept she was wrong and I think it helped her maybe seek out truth but then she posts shit like fake and fake are so real that I should have kept my mouth shut.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious » Fri May 04, 2018 12:39 am

Hurry before it's sold out: Sarah Palin with Diamond & Silk at the Trump Hotel!

WHEN
Thursday, May 10th

6:00 pm - 7:00 pm
VIP Reception and Photo | $2,500

7:00 pm - 10:00 pm | Reception and Q&A
Preferred Seating | $500
General Seating | $250

WHERE
Trump International Hotel
1100 Pennsylvania Ave NW
Washington, DC 20004
United States

:towel:
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Fri May 04, 2018 2:00 am

:o :o No, no, no, no! :o :o They'd need to offer me much more than $250 to enter a Trump Dump and listen to those harpies for three long, oh so looong, hours.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri May 04, 2018 5:54 am

Can super-massive pointlessness ever collapse to a singularity?

I guess we’ll find out on May 10th.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri May 04, 2018 7:22 am

I hate the way Americans keep adressing prior government officials by the name of their long lost office :evil:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri May 04, 2018 7:27 am

RTH10260 wrote:
Fri May 04, 2018 7:22 am
I hate the way Americans keep adressing prior government officials by the name of their long lost office :evil:
I'm okay with it when the person completed their term, but prefer "former/retired _______." In this case, it's a real stretch.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sun Sep 01, 2019 1:20 am

Diamond and Silk are threatening Wonkette. :rotflmao:

Read the letter that was emailed from their "legal team". It's a hoot.

https://www.wonkette.com/diamond-silk-c ... Combo-List
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Return to “Current Events”