Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:29 pm

AndyinPA

Re: Canadian Hostage Freed in Pakistan Says Captors Killed Their Infant

Post by AndyinPA » Tue Oct 17, 2017 8:46 pm

:yeah:

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Former hostage Joshua Boyle said Monday he and his wife decided to have children even while held captive because they always planned to have a big family and decided, "Hey, let's make the best of this and at least go home with a larger start on our dream family."

"We're sitting as hostages with a lot of time on our hands," Boyle told The Associated Press in an email Monday. "We always wanted as many as possible, and we didn't want to waste time. Cait's in her 30s, the clock is ticking."

Boyle said the kids are now 4, 2 and "somewhere around 6 months."

"Honestly we've always planned to have a family of 5, 10, 12 children ... We're Irish, haha," he wrote.

June bug

Post by June bug » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:16 pm

Azastan wrote:
Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:10 pm
Former hostage Joshua Boyle said Monday he and his wife decided to have children even while held captive because they always planned to have a big family and decided, "Hey, let's make the best of this and at least go home with a larger start on our dream family."

"We're sitting as hostages with a lot of time on our hands," Boyle told The Associated Press in an email Monday. "We always wanted as many as possible, and we didn't want to waste time. Cait's in her 30s, the clock is ticking."

Boyle said the kids are now 4, 2 and "somewhere around 6 months."

"Honestly we've always planned to have a family of 5, 10, 12 children ... We're Irish, haha," he wrote.
WTF??? I'm with Stern - this is

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:20 pm

Junie - that's my machine. But you can use it whenever you want.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Tue Oct 17, 2017 10:26 pm

I'll just throw in this other quote from the same article:
Boyle has said conditions during the five-year ordeal changed over time as the family was shuffled among at least three prisons. He has described the first as remarkably barbaric, the second as more comfortable and the third as a place of violence in which he and his wife were frequently separated and beaten.
So, the prison was barbaric, but your captors allowed you to live with your wife AND you decided that this was a good place to start a family? Then the next place was better, so you decided to have yet another child.

And then the third place was a 'place of violence' and you decided to have yet ANOTHER child?

https://beta.theglobeandmail.com/news/n ... ndmail.com&

vic

Post by vic » Tue Oct 17, 2017 11:34 pm

Think of all the stories these children will be able to share.

With their psychiatrist.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:08 pm

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/u- ... ls-n813106
The American woman who was kidnapped by Taliban-connected militants shared with NBC News on Sunday details about the nearly five years she spent in captivity, less than two weeks after she and her family were rescued.

Caitlan Boyle, who was known as Caitlan Coleman prior to her marriage to Canadian Joshua Boyle, described how she educated her three children while imprisoned by Taliban-linked fighters.

“One part of our imprisonment that we can take pride in was our schooling of the boys. We had no educational supplies, but we did as much as we could in the circumstances,” Boyle wrote. “We were both homeschooled ourselves growing up, and wanted to give our children the same attention and homeschooling opportunities we had.”

A still image from a video posted by the Taliban on social media on Dec. 19, 2016 shows American Caitlan Coleman speaking next to her Canadian husband Joshua Boyle and their two sons. Reuters

Boyle and her husband were taken by the Haqqani network, an insurgent guerilla group connected to the Taliban, nearly five years ago while the couple were backpacking through Afghanistan. All three of her children were born in captivity.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:23 pm

Naturally her children are named Najaeshi, Dhakwoen and Ma-Idah.

Still don't believe a word this person said. Not buying it.

maydijo

Post by maydijo » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:31 pm

You know an even better way to make sure your kids get a good education? Don't go hiking in a freaking war zone when you're pregnant!

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:40 pm

They continued to have children. Who does that?

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:35 am

And they were allowed to have children as well. Do I really need to go into the traditional rifle butt to the stomach techniques of abortion/birth control as practiced by captors? And I always find that sitting in a prison where you are "frequently beaten" always increases my libido.

Category Bull, subsection Shit.
"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." - Stephen Colbert

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:45 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Sun Oct 22, 2017 7:40 pm
I've never been in that situation myself, but I would think seeking comfort from your spouse, to whatever extent possible, would be one way to handle the stress. I would also imagine that birth control wouldn't be something their captors provided.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:48 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:45 am
pipistrelle wrote:
I've never been in that situation myself, but I would think seeking comfort from your spouse, to whatever extent possible, would be one way to handle the stress. I would also imagine that birth control wouldn't be something their captors provided.
I don't know the details, but isn't it unusual for someone to provide that kind of comfort to their prisoners? Generally they'd be held in separate cells, especially if the captors were using her for their own pleasure.
Vím o prasatech hodně zajímavých věcí.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:53 am

It strikes me as extremely unusual, yes. The whole point of being held hostage is isolation and lack of comfort from one another. It probably varies from case to case, but i remember reading accounts of people in the same room being tied up and otherwise not able to move or talk to one another.
"I think its pretty troubling when a backyard decoration comes out swinging harder against Nazis than the President of the United States." - Stephen Colbert

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:06 am

ZekeB wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2017 6:48 am
Sugar Magnolia wrote:
pipistrelle wrote:
I don't know the details, but isn't it unusual for someone to provide that kind of comfort to their prisoners? Generally they'd be held in separate cells, especially if the captors were using her for their own pleasure.
I have no idea what the conditions of their captivity were, but they were obviously allowed to have sex at least 3 times.

I believe somewhere upthread they talked about being moved (together) to several different locations.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:15 am

Are we sure the children were fathered by him?
"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Oct 23, 2017 7:31 am

Sugar Magnolia wrote:
pipistrelle wrote:
I'm referring to this rather bizarre quotation that seems to be about getting an early start on a big family because the old clock is ticking.

viewtopic.php?p=924232#p924232

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Oct 25, 2017 6:31 pm

https://www.today.com/news/american-hos ... hs-t117946
An abortion brought on by poisonous doses of estrogen. Giving birth secretly by flashlight. Cowering in the trunk of a kidnapper's car while a gunfight raged outside.

These were some of the harrowing details of captivity shared by Caitlan Coleman in her first wide-ranging interview since she and her husband were rescued after five years as prisoners of an Afghan insurgent group.

Coleman, 31, spoke with The Toronto Star about her family's life since she and her husband, Joshua Boyle, 34, were kidnapped in 2012 by the Taliban-linked Haqqani network. They were rescued on Oct. 11 by military forces in Pakistan.

June bug

Post by June bug » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:29 pm

Giving birth secretly by flashlight.
Sure, because that's a secret their captors would never catch onto, right? :sarcasm:

With Stern's permission, I'm using his machine again:

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:46 pm

June bug wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 7:29 pm
Giving birth secretly by flashlight.
Sure, because that's a secret their captors would never catch onto, right? :sarcasm:

With Stern's permission, I'm using his machine again:

I knew someone was going to come back with that image. Nothing makes sense, does it?

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:42 pm

I can't put my finger on it, but there is just a whole lot too much about this story that sets that detector off.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:52 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:42 pm
I can't put my finger on it, but there is just a whole lot too much about this story that sets that detector off.
What is it that Judge Judy says? Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining?

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:54 pm

I decided to ask for a second opinion.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:23 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Wed Oct 25, 2017 8:42 pm
I've tried to research what would happen if someone were to be given massive doses of estrogen.

http://hormoneresearch.blogspot.com/201 ... -tell.html

Ermmm...naming your miscarried child 'Martyr'?

Why would you hide two pregnancies? Do you think that no one will realize that you are not menstruating for several months? If your captors are so evil that they would feed you 'toxic amounts of estrogen' to cause you to abort a fetus, would they stop at not killing your new born child?

Or that your captors would continue to let you be in the same room together if all you are going to do is breed? They gave you flashlights?

Return to “Current Events”