TSA

RTH10260

Re: TSA

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:29 pm

Happy holiday airtravel...
With TSA on the ropes, holiday travel may be a bear
A potentially record-setting uptick in travel this Thanksgiving will coincide with TSA's implementation of new screening rules.

By STEPHANIE BEASLEY 11/22/2017 05:01 AM EST

The Transportation Security Administration has bad news for tens of millions of Thanksgiving holiday travelers: Lines at airports may be even longer than usual as the agency tries once again to plug security holes in its baggage screening.

TSA is scrambling to respond to yet another damning investigation of its screening effectiveness, for the second time in little more than two years. And the agency is already phasing in revised security procedures — including those for passengers’ electronic devices — that could cause "a slight increase in wait times," new TSA Administrator David Pekoske said in an interview.

“The procedure is new,” Pekoske said. “It’s new to passengers. It’s somewhat new to our screeners.”

The additional delays may not be as horrendous as the hourslong queues that left many passengers stranded at airports in the summer of 2016, a year after TSA leaders launched a crash course in security improvements in response to a previous failing grade from its inspector general.

But Pekoske said travelers could experience some of the longest wait times of the year on Sunday when many return home from the holiday. TSA has projected that more than 2.6 million passengers and airline crew members will be screened on Sunday alone, potentially making it one of the agency’s top five busiest days ever.

https://www.politico.com/story/2017/11/ ... ing-179643

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:18 pm

Does anyone feel safer because TSA is on the job?
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:45 pm

TollandRCR wrote:
Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:18 pm
Does anyone feel safer because TSA is on the job?
I don’t know if I feel safer, but the way I get treated by them sure is annoying. The bottom of the barrel of postal workers are more friendly than many TSA workers I’ve had the deal with.
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Nov 22, 2017 10:47 pm

I know enough people who got hired by TSA that I do not in the least feel safe or comforted if there are statistically that many more of them. These people were too stupid and too nasty to hold jobs in the real world.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:54 pm

I understand that people in wheelchairs will not be able to pass the full body scanner and therefore get the standard manual pat down and inspection by TSA agents. I just wonder why they cannot get more sensible procedures or white lists established for certain categories of handicapped.

Like in this article (though it seems the person reporting on the incident may have thought that TSA was acting especially special on this RW activist):
AWFUL. Purple Heart Triple-Amputee Brian Kolfage Undergoes Invasive TSA Groping at Tucson Airport (VIDEO)
Cristina Laila by Cristina Laila February 9, 2019

Purple Heart triple-amputee vet Brian Kolfage underwent an invasive TSA pat-down at Tucson International Airport on the morning after the “We Build the Wall” town hall.

A TSA agent groped and searched under Brian Kolfage’s hips, buttocks, groin and his half arm searching for what exactly? In addition to groping Kolfage, agents also swabbed his prosthetic legs and wheelchair for explosives.

Tucson’s metro core is extremely liberal and for open borders. Hillary Clinton won Tucson in 2016 — Trump won the outlying areas of Tucson.

Radical open borders groups such as La Raza have infected Tucson along with illegal alien invaders yet a triple-amputee veteran who served this country is groped and humiliated.

A concerned bystander caught the groping on video and told The Gateway Pundit that an observer was so disgusted by what the TSA agent was doing to Mr. Kolfage that they had to walk away due to disgust and anger at seeing a war hero subjected to such embarrassment.

The Gateway Pundit reached out to Brian Kolfage for comment after he was groped by TSA on Saturday.

Mr. Kolfage told The Gateway Pundit, “It’s unfortunate that every time I travel I get a full search and swabbed for explosives. It’s the times we live in. I understand the security concerns but it’s not TSA’s fault, it’s the policy makers in DC who have no clue what the real world is like; it’s a joke. It’s the same people who think there’s no issue at our border.”

“It’s amazing how our government is so worried about airport security with a triple amputee veteran in a wheelchair but everyday thousands of illegals are coming into our nation unchecked and killing Americans. I guess they turn a blind eye to them like they have to all the angel families,” Kolfage added

Kolfage added, “The policies of TSA are so bad, they have caused a charity to be formed for wounded vets to fly on private planes so we don’t have to deal with the full cavity searches and removing of prosthetics. That’s why I usually fly Veterans Airlift Command” https://www.veteransairlift.org/

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/0 ... ort-video/
(yeah I know - the source may not always be the best ;) )

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 10:23 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Sun Feb 10, 2019 9:54 pm
I understand that people in wheelchairs will not be able to pass the full body scanner and therefore get the standard manual pat down and inspection by TSA agents. I just wonder why they cannot get more sensible procedures or white lists established for certain categories of handicapped.

Like in this article (though it seems the person reporting on the incident may have thought that TSA was acting especially special on this RW activist):
AWFUL. Purple Heart Triple-Amputee Brian Kolfage Undergoes Invasive TSA Groping at Tucson Airport (VIDEO)
Cristina Laila by Cristina Laila February 9, 2019

Purple Heart triple-amputee vet Brian Kolfage underwent an invasive TSA pat-down at Tucson International Airport on the morning after the “We Build the Wall” town hall.

A TSA agent groped and searched under Brian Kolfage’s hips, buttocks, groin and his half arm searching for what exactly? In addition to groping Kolfage, agents also swabbed his prosthetic legs and wheelchair for explosives.

Tucson’s metro core is extremely liberal and for open borders. Hillary Clinton won Tucson in 2016 — Trump won the outlying areas of Tucson.

Radical open borders groups such as La Raza have infected Tucson along with illegal alien invaders yet a triple-amputee veteran who served this country is groped and humiliated.

A concerned bystander caught the groping on video and told The Gateway Pundit that an observer was so disgusted by what the TSA agent was doing to Mr. Kolfage that they had to walk away due to disgust and anger at seeing a war hero subjected to such embarrassment.

The Gateway Pundit reached out to Brian Kolfage for comment after he was groped by TSA on Saturday.

Mr. Kolfage told The Gateway Pundit, “It’s unfortunate that every time I travel I get a full search and swabbed for explosives. It’s the times we live in. I understand the security concerns but it’s not TSA’s fault, it’s the policy makers in DC who have no clue what the real world is like; it’s a joke. It’s the same people who think there’s no issue at our border.”

“It’s amazing how our government is so worried about airport security with a triple amputee veteran in a wheelchair but everyday thousands of illegals are coming into our nation unchecked and killing Americans. I guess they turn a blind eye to them like they have to all the angel families,” Kolfage added

Kolfage added, “The policies of TSA are so bad, they have caused a charity to be formed for wounded vets to fly on private planes so we don’t have to deal with the full cavity searches and removing of prosthetics. That’s why I usually fly Veterans Airlift Command” https://www.veteransairlift.org/

https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2019/0 ... ort-video/
(yeah I know - the source may not always be the best ;) )
From the VAC's website FAQ:

"18. Q: What about passengers who are disabled?
A: VAC staff will do their best to accommodate people who need walkers by scheduling planes that these people can board. However, this requirement will limit the numbers of aircraft available, and may not be possible in all circumstances.
Most VAC aircraft are unable to accommodate wheelchairs.
In general, VAC policy requires all passengers to be ambulatory and to board without assistance. Any in-flight medication must be self-administered. Any passenger who may need in-flight medical attention should arrange for an attendant to ride along. Oxygen bottles can be accommodated in most instances."

Mary Quite Contrary

Post by Mary Quite Contrary » Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:16 pm

I have to go thru the extra screen every time I forget to use pre check. I cannot (medically neuro surgeon says no) go thru the body screening. I will say they are all up in your business with everyone. The biggest disgust for me is watching older (than me) wheelchair bound people and they way they are treated.

I understand the bomb sensing stuff. I simply disagree with the bum touching business that they must endure.

I look able bodied, those that don’t do get it worse.
"My greatest hope is for inclusion and love for all humanity in 2017 and beyond." -Pharrell Williams

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Fri Aug 23, 2019 8:16 am

Real ID
Flying with a REAL ID

Save the date.
Beginning October 1, 2020, every air traveler 18 years of age and older will need a REAL ID-compliant driver’s license or another acceptable form of ID to fly within the United States.

Check for the star.
REAL ID-compliant cards are generally marked with a star located in the upper portion of the card. If you’re not sure, contact your state driver’s license agency on how to obtain a REAL ID compliant card.

It’s the law.
Passed by Congress in 2005, the REAL ID Act enacted the 9/11 Commission's recommendation that the federal government “set standards for the issuance of sources of identification, such as driver's licenses.” The Act and implementing regulations establish minimum security standards for state-issued driver's licenses and identification cards and prohibit federal agencies, like TSA, from accepting licenses and identification cards from states that do not meet these standards for official purposes, such as getting through the airport security checkpoint to board a plane. Learn more about REAL ID enforcement.

https://www.tsa.gov/real-id

Return to “Current Events”