SovCit Financial Frauds & Related Shenanigans (HATJ & RKB)

dunstvangeet

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

Post by dunstvangeet »

JohnPCapitalist wrote:Most amusingly: GAAP has nothing to do with forensic auditing. A regular financial statement audit attempts to determine, to a reasonable level of likelihood, that a company conducts its accounting operations under GAAP. The disclaimer is that they don't test every transaction, just a sample, and they don't warrant that a financial statement audit will detect fraud (though it might). The audit itself is not properly said to be "under GAAP." And it is most certainly the case that a forensic audit is not about GAAP, it's about figuring out bad behavior, and there is a whole set of rules to determine just how detailed you have to go to look for fraud (mostly so forensic auditors can protect themselves if they look for fraud and miss it for whatever reason). Jimmie sounds like a fool because he's not demanding a forensic audit to identify a particular issue; he's just asking for a "forensic audit." I'd love to know where he got this phrase from, because it is absolutely meaningless, though I'm sure he thinks that "forensic" means he might be accusing them of a crime. Of course, the financial people who could enjoy a chuckle over this letter won't actually be getting copied on it; it'll just be filed by the customer service team.
What would get even more amusing is seeing some of the terms that CPAs actaully use. For instance, an unqualified opinion is actually the best opinion in an audit. And every audit report has those weasel words such as "reasonable assurance" (note: it does not include the words "absolute assurance").

But anyways, no audit is conducted in accordance with GAAP. They have GAAS (Generally accepted auditing standards) that they conduct their audits in accordance with.
Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

What's even more funny/tragic, is that they don't even know what those terms mean, much less how they apply, or even what they relate to, or would be able much less to even read a balance sheet and tell what it meant.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Gregg wrote:Sort of out of the way. I suppose the US Marshals have local jails that they contract with in a network that never lets them get more than a days drive to the next one, but sometimes leads to strange routes. It might take Heather a week to get to her new home.
Is it possible they transport more than one prisoner at a time?
This bramble need not be traversed.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

They run kind of a shuttle service, transporting prisoners from place to place and that is responsible for the crazy routes and stuff. They went as far out of the way as they did towards Knoxville, but it might have been to pick up or drop off someone along the way. They might have picked up someone else heading to Knoxville, but more likely somewhere else in the same general direction. It might be Charlotte or Durham or who knows where, but the route has nothing to do with the convenience of the prisoners. They're generally free for the next few years and if it takes 10 days to go from Mobile to Atlanta, well, that's tough. They should have booked the special non-refundable first class tickets. :rotflmao:

I did a little reading about the horror stories of "dieseling" prisoners and it boils down to a bunch of criminals crying because they don't get direct non stop transportation to wherever they're going. There's not any punishment involved, it's just that it works for the efficiency of the US Marshals service and not the passengers. And apparently it does turn out that its common for it to take a week to make a trip I'd drive myself in one long day, at least part of it being the rules for the driver's safety, prisoner's rights (they cannot be on the road more than 10 hours in one day.) and the fact that people in the federal system don't always stay right on the route that makes much sense.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Okay so I'm trying to fill in the gaps here. OPPT went quiet June 2016 based on the Quatloos thread. At that point Heather's scam was "depositing your value" which got that woman in New Zealand arrested. How does Heather get into the TDA scam and Randall? When did she move back to the states? What happened with the Morocco commune? In June 2016 there were still stragglers stuck in Morocco. Meanwhile this TDA thing seems to be spreading pretty quick, what's the plan for all the followers that are attempting that Heather and Randall did? Are the feds gonna indict everyone trying to buy an RV with money from an account that doesn't exist? A consumer group or banks should be putting out warnings.
DZ Bill

Post by DZ Bill »

maydijo wrote:
Now granted, I don't have John P Capitalist's level of money-smarts. But this makes no sense to me.
Thats because your a sane human being brother .....the people who believe this convoluted steaming pile of equine excrement are not sane they are 3 shy of a six pack or so .........
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

TheNewSaint wrote:
Gregg wrote:Sort of out of the way. I suppose the US Marshals have local jails that they contract with in a network that never lets them get more than a days drive to the next one, but sometimes leads to strange routes. It might take Heather a week to get to her new home.
Is it possible they transport more than one prisoner at a time?
It would not surprise me. I came across an article from the Daily Mail reporting about the rapper Chris Brown being moved from LA to the Nothern Neck Regional Jail. By plane, it took 5 days as it continued to stop and pick up passengers. He was being held until his trial on charges in DC, I think. Sounds like this jail is a common stopping point for the marshals.

And checking the website, the jail has a contract with the feds to house prisoners.

Oh, and in this case, her followers are correct. She was booked into that jail on 10 August.
North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

A*lot* of sovcit gurus are pumping the fed routing number scam. I suspect Heather just jumped on the bandwagon. Though it's not inconsistent with her earlier scams.

A lot of groups have put out warnings. They are seen by true believers as proof that the accounts really exist and the government doesn't want you to access them. :roll:

No idea how many people will ultimately face criminal charges. A lot of people tried to pay small things like utility and phone bills; they'll probably just be dealt with by the business (late fees, interest, account closure etc.) I'd like to think that anyone buying something as big as a car will be prosecuted. But some will probably escape notice, especially with so many people doing it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Gregg wrote:And apparently it does turn out that its common for it to take a week to make a trip I'd drive myself in one long day
Thanks for the explanation. That should make this a fun week of watching the I-UV idiots play Where In The World Is Heather Ann Tucci-Jarraf? Maybe they'll at least learn something about geography. Or about the prison system some of them will no doubt end up in themselves.
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

I had a client who was picked up on a warrant in far northern California. He had the same name as the guy in the warrant, except he was 10 years younger and 25 lbs. lighter and 5" shorter than the guy who the warrant described. No matter, the name was the same, so he was handcuffed and put in a van and it took them 9 days to get him down to SoCal, staying in different jails every night.

When I got him, he was released immediately. Actually, they release you at 3 am, so there's no bus or taxi service. But the DA agreed to release him immediately; the rest is just processing the paperwork. Amazingly enough, he was the wrong guy, so they let him go.

'Course, that didn't mean they apologized and gave him bus fare to get home again. They just released him. At 3 am. In a bad neighborhood :|
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

NotaPerson wrote:I take it that Telecheck is a similar company? I'd never heard of them before, but it's a company that's gotten hundreds of mentions in the "Secret Account Unleashed" group. Many (and I mean MANY) people are calling Telecheck to report reversals and "update their account info."
Back in the days when you wrote checks at the store, Telecheck was a part of the checkout process. Cash registers either had a separate scanner that would read the MICR-encoded account number and routing number on the check and would then approve it based on the history of Telecheck with that customer. If they didn't have a MICR terminal, sometimes you would see the cashier slip the check into a little plastic sleeve on the register that would highlight the routing number and the account number, then they would key that into the POS register, and the register would access Telecheck. I recall a lot of stores having prominently featured Telecheck stickers on the door to dissuade marginal customers from trying to pass bad checks.

It would sure be interesting to see how many of these attempts Telecheck is seeing. The "Secret Account Unleashed" group on FB has 20,000 members, though I'd imagine that the vast majority of these are onlookers rather than people actively trying to pull this off.
JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Here's someone who's facing serious financial wreckage from this scam. She writes well enough that one would think she would have known better. And yet the true believers keep egging her on.
Capture23.GIF
Interesting that three card accounts would be closed on account of one unsuccessful attempt at a fraudulent payment on each account. It's possible that she may have the three cards from one company, so one policy governs all of them. But it would be interesting if this is a new response by multiple card issuers at one time to move to a zero-tolerance policy of fraudulent payments... It takes a while for card issuers to move against a new fraud, but as usual, the reaction will be pretty brutal.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Telecheck is a little like the credit reporting agencies. If you subscribe to Telecheck as a merchant, they agree to buy from you any check that they authorize which bounces, for pretty close to par. They build their database and blacklists completely from their own customer files and it works for two reasons. They invented their business and they dominate it, which means they have a whole lot of accounts on their blacklists. They also in some contracts require the merchant to get a DL number or SSAN further completing your profile and once you're blacklisted by Telecheck your checks are not just non grata where you wrote a few bad checks, but at every other Telecheck subscriber.

They're not as dominant as they once were, because a the volume of written checks is way down once you get above a certain income level. I used to write checks about every time I went to the grocery store, and as often as not for the $20 over purchase they let you have. Now I haven't written a paper check in months, maybe a year, I use a debit card for both the groceries and pocket money, as I'm betting most of you do also. But you go into low income areas where "Cash for Car Title Loans" "Payday Lenders" etc.. seem like they're on every corner and most of the other places in those areas still do a lot of business with paper checks. And over any other type of business, these places still use Telecheck.

Telecheck is now focused more on ID theft and consumer check and account protection, the merchant check acceptance business is called FirstData but they still use the Telecheck brand on any customer facing products.
TeleCheck uses leading risk assessment technology and extensive consumer negative activity databases to evaluate the risk of accepting a payment. We offer both Verification and Warranty Service options so you can determine the risk coverage level that is right for your organization.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky
NatsInPW

Post by NatsInPW »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Capture23.GIF
Apologies if this isn't the correct forum for such a question. I've searched the FAQs and contacted the Admin, but not luck.

I'm a new user, and I often see a graphic file name (.gif, .png, etc.) instead of seeing the contents of the graphic file (screen shot, etc.). I get the following message instead:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

I've registered and validated my account. What else am I missing?
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

Welcome. Took you out of the Newly Registered group, now you have the permissions.
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
LtDansLegs

Post by LtDansLegs »

JohnPCapitalist wrote:Interesting that three card accounts would be closed on account of one unsuccessful attempt at a fraudulent payment on each account. It's possible that she may have the three cards from one company, so one policy governs all of them. But it would be interesting if this is a new response by multiple card issuers at one time to move to a zero-tolerance policy of fraudulent payments... It takes a while for card issuers to move against a new fraud, but as usual, the reaction will be pretty brutal.
Yeah, this definitely stuck me as rather extreme when I first read it. Then again, the concept of universal default became pretty SOP a while back, jacking up ALL your cards interest rates if you were behind on even one, so maybe not.
NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

LtDansLegs wrote:
JohnPCapitalist wrote:Interesting that three card accounts would be closed on account of one unsuccessful attempt at a fraudulent payment on each account. It's possible that she may have the three cards from one company, so one policy governs all of them. But it would be interesting if this is a new response by multiple card issuers at one time to move to a zero-tolerance policy of fraudulent payments... It takes a while for card issuers to move against a new fraud, but as usual, the reaction will be pretty brutal.
Yeah, this definitely stuck me as rather extreme when I first read it. Then again, the concept of universal default became pretty SOP a while back, jacking up ALL your cards interest rates if you were behind on even one, so maybe not.
In reading the many "reports" from people in the Facebook groups over the past week or two, I'm getting the feeling (and that's all it is, a vague feeling) that some banks are getting seriously fed up with this nonsense. So maybe it's a way of cracking down on the problem - if word gets out that your account will be closed if you try this crap - even once - then maybe it will help put an end to it.
Am I being detained?
Whip

Post by Whip »

fed reserve scam.JPG
wait, what? lol
mmmirele

Post by mmmirele »

I know there were several people on the "ACH Payments...Secret account unleashed" group who attempted to pay off their student loans with Great Lakes. Not only did it not work, but Great Lakes is now warning people about using Federal Reserve Bank information.
greatlakesF.jpg
I actually think this kind of email/letter is a public service, because it tells the recipient why their payment is being rejected, explains that usuing FRB numbers is a scam and warns the recipient of the loss of the ability to make online payments. I especially liked:
Consumers do not have accounts at the Federal Reserve.
NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

This could be interesting...
conference call.JPG
Incidentally, Porsha has now raised over $1,300 in her fundraiser for the pretend credit union.

https://www.gofundme.com/we-the-people-credit-union
Am I being detained?
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

NotaPerson wrote:This could be interesting...

conference call.JPG
It really seems like there should be some topics between (1) and (2), including things like 'learn how to start a bank' and 'start a bank', which should both come before teaching consumers how to use your new service.
NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson »

mmmirele wrote: I actually think this kind of email/letter is a public service, because it tells the recipient why their payment is being rejected, explains that usuing FRB numbers is a scam and warns the recipient of the loss of the ability to make online payments. I especially liked:
Consumers do not have accounts at the Federal Reserve.
These notices (with that very statement) have been shared in the Facebook groups. People simply do not believe them. They encourage each other with sentiments like "There are millions of us and they can't stop us!" and "This is a fear tactic. Don't give in to the fear!"

What I want so much to see, and what really needs to happen I think, is a big media story showing the arrest of a dozen or more people at once for wire fraud. Until that happens, this could drag on for weeks or months.
Am I being detained?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

LtDansLegs wrote:
Wasn't Universal Default outlawed a few years ago?
LtDansLegs

Post by LtDansLegs »

noblepa wrote:
LtDansLegs wrote:
Wasn't Universal Default outlawed a few years ago?
What I was getting at was that it wouldn't be the first time something similarish had happened.
LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness »

Jeffrey wrote:Okay so I'm trying to fill in the gaps here. OPPT went quiet June 2016 based on the Quatloos thread. At that point Heather's scam was "depositing your value" which got that woman in New Zealand arrested. How does Heather get into the TDA scam and Randall? When did she move back to the states? What happened with the Morocco commune? In June 2016 there were still stragglers stuck in Morocco. Meanwhile this TDA thing seems to be spreading pretty quick, what's the plan for all the followers that are attempting that Heather and Randall did? Are the feds gonna indict everyone trying to buy an RV with money from an account that doesn't exist? A consumer group or banks should be putting out warnings.
I don't actually know, but after having followed the OPPT through the entire saga here is what I suspect:

- Heather could only afford to live in Morocco as long as there were enough people donating, and that stopped after the initial wave of arrests from idiots trying to use the OPPT paperwork.

- Heather and the cult got wildly off topic by 2016 - it was no longer about 'free money' and just gobs of new age stuff. That makes you popular, but it isn't what draws the marks in. You have to offer them free money.

- After moving to Morocco, Heather knew that it would be unwise for her to be in the US while the fallout from the original OPPT stuff was happening. I don't know that it would have gotten her arrested, since most (all?) of the OPPT arrests were not in the US. However, it was smart to stay in a country that had no extradition to the US.

- But after a few years, when the marks had moved on to new "free money" scams, Heather couldn't sustain living abroad. She had to return home to mooch off a smaller cadre of marks.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”