SovCit Financial Frauds & Related Shenanigans (HATJ & RKB)

User avatar
Sam the Centipede
Posts: 7751
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#301

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I wonder whether many - if any - of the marks would understand the point (made earlier in this thread) that banks, utility companies, etc. will generally accept a check or similar payment in good faith, and show it on the customer's account immediately, because that works fine 99.9% of the time and is more straightforward for customers and accounts staff. The marks seem to think that the funds were actually transferred and received and were late taken away from them, when no such thing happened.

So their idiocy in believing the whole free money, treasury account, etc. hogwash is compounded by their ignorance of basic accounting/banking procedures. Instead of saying "oh, that reversal shows that the account doesn't exist" they say "wow! the payment was made and now it's reversed and that proves that the account is there but they won't let me access it!" And that's classic conspiracy theory thinking, where the conspiracy theorist's own ignorance is one of his/her major tools in confirming (in his/her mind) the truth of his/her nonsense.

A little knowledge might be a dangerous thing, but a combination of ignorance, gullibility, stupidity and irrationality is much, much worse.
User avatar
JohnPCapitalist
Posts: 1553
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Wall Street
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#302

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Pompeed wrote:Her followers dumped a pile of "documents" at the clerk's office which they cobbled together themselves. Very proud of their efforts they are too: they put up a photograph of the documents laid out on a bed and/or table.

It's all the usual malarkey of UCC and common law and anti-admiralty crap-o-la and refusal to "contract" to stay out of the court's jurisdiction etc. Her sheep truly believe she is about to bring down the US Government and expose the years of alleged fraud and abuse.
I just checked on PACER and there are none of the usual documents filed. It's possible that if there was a ton of crap, it will take them a while to scan and put up on PACER, so I'll check back later in the week. There aren't any government-filed documents other than the routine arrest warrant. For completeness of the record, here are the "minute entries" for the two motions that were heard yesterday:
Order on Motion to Appoint Counsel: Initial Appearance in Rule 5 Proceedings as to HEATHER ANN TUCCI-JARRAF held on 7/26/2017. Oral Motion to Appoint Counsel by HEATHER ANN TUCCI-JARRAF (1); heard and granted. Oral Motion by the Government to Detain HEATHER ANN TUCCI-JARRAF (1) pending appearance in Eastern District of Tennessee; heard and granted. Oral Motion for Release from Custody by HEATHER ANN TUCCI-JARRAF (1); heard and denied. Oral Motion for Rule 5 Identity Hearing by HEATHER ANN TUCCI-JARRAF (1); heard and granted. Rule 5 Identity Hearing set for 7/31/2017 at 02:00 PM in Courtroom 4 before Magistrate Judge Deborah A. Robinson. Bond Status of Defendant: Defendant Committed/ Commitment Issued; Court Reporter: FTR - Gold; FTR Time Frame: Ctrm 4 [3:17:33 - 3:33:09]; Defense Attorney: David Bos; US Attorney: Lisa Walters; Pretrial Officer: Saul Atencio. (zcal)
Order on Motion to Unseal Case:: Hearing as to HEATHER ANN TUCCI-JARRAF held on 7/31/2017. Oral Motion to Unseal Case by HEATHER ANN TUCCI-JARRAF (1); heard and granted, without objection from the Government. Oral Motion to Continue Identity Hearing for reasons set forth on the record by HEATHER ANN TUCCI-JARRAF (1); heard and granted. Identity Hearing continued to 8/4/2017 at 10:00 AM in Courtroom 4 before Magistrate Judge Deborah A. Robinson. Bond Status of Defendant: Defendant Committed/Commitment Issued; Court Reporter: FTR - Gold; FTR Time Frame: Ctrm 4 [2:15:22 - 2:28:34]; Defense Attorney: David Bos; US Attorney: Lisa Walters; Pretrial Officer: Jeffrey Ambush. (zcal)
User avatar
mmmirele
Posts: 2464
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Xenu's Red Mountain Trap

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#303

Post by mmmirele »

JPC, thanks for the minute entries. In nothing that I read or heard yesterday was there any indication that HATJ's attorney had made an oral motion for release. Normally I'd just pass that by due to someone not familiar with the court system or simply missing the action because s/he was daydreaming. However, I distinctly remember Neal Wolfe saying yesterday that he thought HATJ wanted to stay in jail. In other words, reporting what the public defender said would go against the established narrative.

Of course, HATJ could sign a waiver and be shipped to Tennessee, but, again, that wouldn't fit their narrative.
User avatar
DejaMoo
Posts: 5802
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:19 pm
Occupation: Agent of ZOG

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#304

Post by DejaMoo »

Sam the Centipede wrote:I wonder whether many - if any - of the marks would understand the point (made earlier in this thread) that banks, utility companies, etc. will generally accept a check or similar payment in good faith, and show it on the customer's account immediately, because that works fine 99.9% of the time and is more straightforward for customers and accounts staff. The marks seem to think that the funds were actually transferred and received and were late taken away from them, when no such thing happened.
To some degree they are engaged in wilful misunderstanding, because most banks/creditors routinely include cautionary disclaimers in transaction confirmation messages, along the lines of:

Completion of payment is subject to receipt of funds from your financial institution.

Payment will be posted to your account after processing of this transaction is completed. There may be a delay of 1-2 business days.

This transaction is subject to receiving confirmation from your financial institution that sufficient funds are available to cover this payment.

IOW, they're usually warned that it is subject to approval/confirmation. But since that means they can't use the clawback/void to confirm their insistent belief that they've got access to free $$$, they'll ignore the disclaimer in favor of continuing to insist that the (conditional) transaction confirmation means their fake accounts/funds are actually real.

To paraphrase Upton Sinclair: It is difficult to get a person to understand something, when his/her idee fixe depends upon not understanding it.
I've heard this bull before.
User avatar
JohnPCapitalist
Posts: 1553
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Wall Street
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#305

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

mmmirele wrote:JPC, thanks for the minute entries. In nothing that I read or heard yesterday was there any indication that HATJ's attorney had made an oral motion for release. Normally I'd just pass that by due to someone not familiar with the court system or simply missing the action because s/he was daydreaming. However, I distinctly remember Neal Wolfe saying yesterday that he thought HATJ wanted to stay in jail. In other words, reporting what the public defender said would go against the established narrative.

Of course, HATJ could sign a waiver and be shipped to Tennessee, but, again, that wouldn't fit their narrative.
Neal Wolfe's comment may be motivated by the same SovCit thinking that's driving pretend judge Bruce Doucette and several of his Colorado pretend judge/grand jury LARPer crew to avoid seeking bail: to do so would "give consent" to the proceedings (which, as we all know, ignores the fact that your presence on the soil makes you subject to the real laws of the land). So Heather may well think that staying in jail makes her an honorable "patriotic political prisoner."

But her attorney may have, perhaps even against her wishes, made the motion for release just to show he was doing his job. If that's so, he may well have known it was hopeless as he argued it. After all, she would likely be seen as a flight risk as she's from Washington state and has no ties to either DC or Tennessee, where the RV heist occurred.
User avatar
Sam the Centipede
Posts: 7751
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#306

Post by Sam the Centipede »

DejaMoo wrote: :snippity:
To paraphrase Upton Sinclair: It is difficult to get a person to understand something, when his/her idee fixe depends upon not understanding it.
Yeah, that's a fair analysis. And we have seen with the birthers that they ignore, reject or lie about evidence that refutes their ridiculous claims. Ignoring contradictory evidence is probably the easiest of those three options, although rejecting the false claim would be the correct solution.
User avatar
Notorial Dissent
Posts: 14095
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#307

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Sam the Centipede wrote:I wonder whether many - if any - of the marks would understand the point (made earlier in this thread) that banks, utility companies, etc. will generally accept a check or similar payment in good faith, and show it on the customer's account immediately, because that works fine 99.9% of the time and is more straightforward for customers and accounts staff. The marks seem to think that the funds were actually transferred and received and were late taken away from them, when no such thing happened.

So their idiocy in believing the whole free money, treasury account, etc. hogwash is compounded by their ignorance of basic accounting/banking procedures. Instead of saying "oh, that reversal shows that the account doesn't exist" they say "wow! the payment was made and now it's reversed and that proves that the account is there but they won't let me access it!" And that's classic conspiracy theory thinking, where the conspiracy theorist's own ignorance is one of his/her major tools in confirming (in his/her mind) the truth of his/her nonsense.

A little knowledge might be a dangerous thing, but a combination of ignorance, gullibility, stupidity and irrationality is much, much worse.
The problem is that most, if not all of them do not understand how a check even works, let alone the banking or clearing systems. It is all arcane magic to them and WAY OVER their heads. They don't even begin to comprehend that it is real money until the bank it is drawn on says it is. Which is part of the reason they will believe and follow Heather and her ilk, they will tell their followers what they want to hear and they will accept that explanation over reality EVERY time. And you are quite right, most of it comes down to "ignorance, gullibility, stupidity and irrationality" and don't forget GREED, it is one of the if not main components of the equation.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
User avatar
GlimDropper
Posts: 1481
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:35 pm

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#308

Post by GlimDropper »

The stupid is strong in these people:
Jennifer Mitchell shared a link.

3 hrs

Hey everyone, I just saw this video youtube… Our friend Harvey Dent got evicted from his house today!
I googled to see if anyone had set up a 'go fund me' and found this one. (link in comments)
i think he was trying to get help with his website or something but he’s going to need a lot more than $1,000!

vid link:
So Harvey got the you are being evicted right at this moment knock on his door this morning. He mentioned some sort of "warning" but it still took him by surprise. So his pals are donating some cash to see him through.

There's a more recent video (I'm only part way through) but Harvey marched down to his bank with a "UCC Compliant" check and is getting it cashed. He is surprised that checks are part of the ACH system and that he will also need to wait up to 4 days for the money, he's hoping to get a $500 advance on the check. (still listening, first 6 minutes are garbage):


Edit: About 27 minutes in Harvey gets $585 in cash. I ~believe~ his UCC check was for 12 grand, he got $500 of that and there was $85 in his account already.

Harvey has his kid with him, thankfully he did a good job of keeping him off camera but he sounds like an adorable boy. I am glad he seems to have shared custody so the kid wont share Harvey's homelessness.

The teller told Harvey the funds should clear by the 7th of this month, I guess that's when the fit hits the shan.
User avatar
mmmirele
Posts: 2464
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:17 pm
Location: Xenu's Red Mountain Trap

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#309

Post by mmmirele »

It looks like Harvey's picked up $1,582 in the last 24 hours at his Go Fund Me for the Intellectual Freedom Movement.

I remember listening to one of his videos early last week, and he was hoping to get some checks in that he ordered so he could pay his rent. *sigh* Yeah, right. We all know what *that* means.

We also know that check isn't going to go through and be paid. Harvey's account's going to land in the negative numbers when it bounces back in a few days. I hope there aren't any repercussions for the teller. (There shouldn't be if the teller followed procedures.)
User avatar
maydijo
Posts: 2764
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:23 pm
Location: where women glow and men plunder
Occupation: harassing marsupials

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#310

Post by maydijo »

Years ago my husband accidentally pushed the "Spanish" option on an ATM, and, rather than going back and changing to "English" like I said he should do, he kept going, hit the wrong button, and ended up at what was clearly the "Deposit" window. Yet again I told him to cancel and go back to English, but he entered a sum of $0.00 and then went back to the Withdrawal screen and took some money out. When he went back about a week later to take out some more money, the ATM ate his card. When he went in to see them they explained that, basically (at least back then - we're going back about 20 years here), if you say you're depositing money, the bank makes a small amount of money available to you, whether or not you actually deposit money, and whether or not you actually enter a value amount to say how much you're depositing. It didn't matter that he had the money in his account, and so he wasn't trying to commit bank fraud; what he'd done had triggered something in the system because it was suspicious activity, so the bank had seized his card.

Obviously banking has changed quite a bit in the past 20 years, but it seems this little quirk has remained, that the bank will let you access some money after you make a deposit without verifying the funds. (In Australia, on the other hand, if you deposit a check, you have to wait 7 days to access the funds.) But you'd think that most people would learn, very, very quickly, that just because the bank has given you access to at least some of the funds, that doesn't mean that everything's good and the check has cleared.
Off Topic
For all the banking geeks out there, my husband's uncle wrote the computing code for deposits/withdrawals - before that there were teams of people counting it all by hand. He pissed off a lot of low-level bank workers, who lost their job because of his string of code.
User avatar
GlimDropper
Posts: 1481
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:35 pm

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#311

Post by GlimDropper »

So, if Harvey is smart ( :roll: ) he'll take about $600 from his go fund me and put it in the account he got the $500 advance from before that check crashes. If the bank gets their money back are they going to slap him for kiting the check?
User avatar
JohnPCapitalist
Posts: 1553
Joined: Tue Feb 16, 2016 10:29 pm
Location: Wall Street
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#312

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

A new "minute order" is up on PACER for Heather Ann Tucci-Jarraf's case in the federal court for DC.
On July 31, 2017, the Clerk of Court received approximately forty documents for filing in this matter. Further consideration of the request for filing is hereby STAYED pending review of said documents by counsel of record for the Defendant. The documents will remain available in Chambers for review by counsel of record for Defendant. Signed by Magistrate Judge Deborah A. Robinson on 8/1/2017. (lcdar1)
IANAL and IANEASECR, but it sure sounds to me like this is the load of SovCit nonsense that they were crowing over as they were about to submit it. And it won't actually get filed unless Heather's attorney signs off on it -- a neat way to ensure it gets round-filed all nice and legal-like. Of course, if it does get filed as "letters" or "correspondence" or anything like that, the fun will begin as we download some of the choice bits to laugh at.
User avatar
LightinDarkness
Posts: 956
Joined: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:23 pm

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#313

Post by LightinDarkness »

Hello FogBowers! :bighug: It's been...about a year? Since I last logged in, but my my ya'll just keep reigning me back in with your collective ability to find the most absolutely nuts sovcits.

I'm just starting to read about this, and I'm sure someone has mentioned it in the preceding 13 pages - but Heather Tucci-Whatever has pulled this trick before. She was behind the whole One People's Public Trust (OPPT) scam in 2013, where she basically did the same made up legal stuff. Because she was a lawyer before she lost her mind, the sovcit crowd takes her very seriously. The OPPT thing went in weird directions, ending up with a house in Morocco with a bunch of new age hippies who then later disbanded when people stopped donating. Lots of drama though cause everyone was having sex with everyone else (including the married people).

And now she doing it all...again. This time with the TreasuryDirect stuff. What always amazes me is that she literally just scammed the sovcits out of tons of money a few years ago, and I bet they are donating to her again for this stuff.

Edit: Yep, ya'll got it covered. I would just note that Heather isn't just one of the OPPTers, she was the original mastermind behind that scam. Which ended up in multiple people being arrested in Europe, if I remember correctly. Also lead to her inner-circle getting donations and spending it on a months-long tour across the US involving copious amounts of group sex and drugs (who says sovcits don't know how to have a good time). I remember calling that the OPPT magical sex bus tour.
User avatar
noblepa
Posts: 1321
Joined: Thu Dec 05, 2013 5:54 pm
Location: Bay Village, Ohio
Occupation: Network Engineer

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#314

Post by noblepa »

maydijo wrote:Years ago my husband accidentally pushed the "Spanish" option on an ATM, and, rather than going back and changing to "English" like I said he should do, he kept going, hit the wrong button, and ended up at what was clearly the "Deposit" window. Yet again I told him to cancel and go back to English, but he entered a sum of $0.00 and then went back to the Withdrawal screen and took some money out. When he went back about a week later to take out some more money, the ATM ate his card. When he went in to see them they explained that, basically (at least back then - we're going back about 20 years here), if you say you're depositing money, the bank makes a small amount of money available to you, whether or not you actually deposit money, and whether or not you actually enter a value amount to say how much you're depositing. It didn't matter that he had the money in his account, and so he wasn't trying to commit bank fraud; what he'd done had triggered something in the system because it was suspicious activity, so the bank had seized his card.

Obviously banking has changed quite a bit in the past 20 years, but it seems this little quirk has remained, that the bank will let you access some money after you make a deposit without verifying the funds. (In Australia, on the other hand, if you deposit a check, you have to wait 7 days to access the funds.) But you'd think that most people would learn, very, very quickly, that just because the bank has given you access to at least some of the funds, that doesn't mean that everything's good and the check has cleared.
Off Topic
For all the banking geeks out there, my husband's uncle wrote the computing code for deposits/withdrawals - before that there were teams of people counting it all by hand. He pissed off a lot of low-level bank workers, who lost their job because of his string of code.
When I started taking IT courses in college, back in the early 70's, even before ATM's were so ubiquitos, one of my profs told this story. In the very early days of IT, when data was mostly entered via punched cards, it was common practice to place a card containing an invalid value at the end of a deck, so that the program could detect the end of the input data.

Its also true that, back then, computers would sometimes get mixed up and a calculation would result in "negative zero"; that is a binary field with all zeros, except the bit indicating the sign of the number, which was a 1, indicating a negative.

Anyway, the story goes that a man paid a bill in full one month. The next month, he gets a bill from the company for $0.00. He ignored it. The following month, he gets another such bill. After several months, he gets a notice that they're going to turn it over to a collection agency. You guessed it. Somehow, when he paid the bill it resulted in a balance of negative zero. In subsequent months, the computer checked the balance, comparing it to a "positive zero". It wasn't equal, so the computer created a bill and sent it to the customer.

Finally, in desperation, he wrote a check for $0.00 and sent it off.

A few days later, his bank called, saying that his check for $0.00 had shut down their computer.
User avatar
maydijo
Posts: 2764
Joined: Fri Sep 02, 2016 10:23 pm
Location: where women glow and men plunder
Occupation: harassing marsupials

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#315

Post by maydijo »

:rotflmao: :rotflmao: :rotflmao: I'll have to tell my husband's uncle he stuffed up!!!
User avatar
Notorial Dissent
Posts: 14095
Joined: Thu Oct 17, 2013 8:21 pm

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#316

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Harvey's already for it, with the size of the check he wrote he is facing serious both Federal and State felony charges. I would expect the FBI to be looking for him just any time now.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
User avatar
Gregg
Posts: 4372
Joined: Mon Oct 27, 2014 6:09 am
Location: Cincinnati, OH USA
Occupation: We build cars

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#317

Post by Gregg »

GlimDropper wrote:So, if Harvey is smart ( :roll: ) he'll take about $600 from his go fund me and put it in the account he got the $500 advance from before that check crashes. If the bank gets their money back are they going to slap him for kiting the check?
Not good enough. He presented a fraudulent document (the check) and that's a felony whether you get any money or not. He did, after a fashion, get the whole $12,000 it was just held funds, later reversed. Anyhow, even if he had out the $600 back a few minutes later, a crime was committed when he TRIED to get anything, kind of like saying you didn't rob the bank because a cop wandered in the bank caught you before the teller came back with the cash. (or you tried to co operate with a foreign government to corrupt an election, but that's another story).

I very much suspect that this is going to be Harvey's final performance, this isn't electronic transactions that if nothing else take a bit of investigation and aren't the first priority of the Secret Service or the FBI, he walked into a bank and tried to steal $12,000 of FDIC insured funds. He's on video doing it and it doesn't hurt that he's bragging about doing it on you tube. I suspect he will soon have a solid housing situation for the next 5 or so years, albeit without internet access.
:rotflmao:
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky
User avatar
GlimDropper
Posts: 1481
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2014 12:35 pm

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#318

Post by GlimDropper »

Thank you for the confirmation Gregg, my knowledge of check fraud is admittedly limited.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
User avatar
NotaPerson
Posts: 3622
Joined: Mon May 18, 2015 9:33 pm

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#319

Post by NotaPerson »

LightinDarkness wrote:Hello FogBowers! :bighug: It's been...about a year? Since I last logged in, but my my ya'll just keep reigning me back in with your collective ability to find the most absolutely nuts sovcits.
Good to see ya again!
Also lead to her inner-circle getting donations and spending it on a months-long tour across the US involving copious amounts of group sex and drugs (who says sovcits don't know how to have a good time). I remember calling that the OPPT magical sex bus tour.
Damn, some people live the most interesting lives. I wanna go on a magical sex bus tour!! :crying:

Was Heather tied in with Sacha Stone, by any chance? Heather is relatively new to me, and I think he's the only new-age hippie sovcit I'd heard of before her.
Am I being detained?
User avatar
DejaMoo
Posts: 5802
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 1:19 pm
Occupation: Agent of ZOG

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#320

Post by DejaMoo »

GlimDropper wrote:So Harvey got the you are being evicted right at this moment knock on his door this morning.
I don't know about youse guys, but I always take my financial advice from homeless people. They're the BEST and MOST SUCCESSFUL at understanding and explaining how high finance works.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.
I've heard this bull before.
User avatar
Suranis
Posts: 18885
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 7:04 am

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#321

Post by Suranis »

LightinDarkness wrote: Lots of drama though cause everyone was having sex with everyone else (including the married people).
I think its scandalous to hear of married people having sex WITH ONE ANOTHER!!! Where will this debauchery end?

Good to see ya again! was wondering if you were alright the other day.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 11605
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#322

Post by Chilidog »

The wife used to be a unit secretary on a Labor and Delivery floor of the local hospital.

They had a special computer terminal that they used to upload birth data to the state.

She used to complain about having to try to get the proper names spelling, and baby daddy info from the 19 YO, gravida 4.

She didn't have any special tools to verify information. It was whatever they said.
User avatar
Sam the Centipede
Posts: 7751
Joined: Thu Aug 30, 2012 3:25 pm

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#323

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Chilidog wrote:The wife used to be a unit secretary on a Labor and Delivery floor of the local hospital.

They had a special computer terminal that they used to upload birth data to the state.

She used to complain about having to try to get the proper names spelling, and baby daddy info from the 19 YO, gravida 4.

She didn't have any special tools to verify information. It was whatever they said.
:-D So, she worked for the New Accounts Department of the Federal Reserve Bank? :-D
User avatar
Chilidog
Posts: 11605
Joined: Mon Jan 09, 2012 11:36 am

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#324

Post by Chilidog »

Funny how that was run by the state.
User avatar
LtDansLegs
Posts: 550
Joined: Tue Sep 20, 2016 3:57 pm

Re: Federal Reserve Shenanigans 2017

#325

Post by LtDansLegs »

Notorial Dissent wrote: The problem is that most, if not all of them do not understand how a check even works, let alone the banking or clearing systems. It is all arcane magic to them and WAY OVER their heads. They don't even begin to comprehend that it is real money until the bank it is drawn on says it is. Which is part of the reason they will believe and follow Heather and her ilk, they will tell their followers what they want to hear and they will accept that explanation over reality EVERY time. And you are quite right, most of it comes down to "ignorance, gullibility, stupidity and irrationality" and don't forget GREED, it is one of the if not main components of the equation.
I've said for YEARS that most people really don't understand how the whole system works, in particular just how low-tech it actually is. That's partly why fake check/money order scams still are prevalent. Sure there's the element of human greed when it's completely money-for-nothing, but in advance fee scams it wasn't all that uncommon for people to "verify" the check with their banks before depositing them and sending back the 'overpaid' amount.

Virtually everything else we do is real-time, if I'm late on my Chase Sapphire it's declined or if my checking balance goes below the level I set I get a text to let me know and so on. Compared to everything else, check processing (even post-CHECK 21) is still basically a succession of handshakes and good-faith assurances. Because people are used to things happening in real time it really contributes to the feeling that if it "went through" then it must be legit. Throw in small amounts of greed, financial frustration and a pronounced lack of critical thinking skills and here we are.
Post Reply

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”