Arrest of CO Pretend Judge Bruce Doucette + Pretend Grand Jury LARPers Steven Nalty, Bruce Byfield, Brian Baylog, et al.

Grumpy Old Guy

Re: Arrest of CO Pretend Judge Bruce Doucette + Pretend Grand Jury LARPers Steven Nalty, Bruce Byfield, Brian Baylog, et

Post #226 by Grumpy Old Guy » Sun May 14, 2017 8:35 am

Who is Vinnie Smith? Although he seems to have drunk the Kool Aid, he does recognize that the others have not and will not achieve anything.

pipistrelle

Re: Arrest of CO Pretend Judge Bruce Doucette + Pretend Grand Jury LARPers Steven Nalty, Bruce Byfield, Brian Baylog, et

Post #227 by pipistrelle » Sun May 14, 2017 8:56 am

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:Who is Vinnie Smith? Although he seems to have drunk the Kool Aid, he does recognize that the others have not and will not achieve anything.

Because they're fragmented and disorganized (and I would add more interested in grifting than anything else). But if we could just get 100 to 200 million Americans!

Northland10

Post #228 by Northland10 » Sun May 14, 2017 11:18 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Techno Luddite wrote:Well, she has filed a "Writ of Habeus Corpus" relating to her husband Bruce Doucette (poor thing) proclaiming that it is just unfair that he has lost his liberty after trying to play fake judge and extorting all those people. From her writing, she sounds just loony enough to be happily married to Doucette. She rambles on for 7 pages, not saying anything. Lots of God babble, blended with sov babble.

Here is the Habeas Corpus filing.

https://www.scribd.com/document/3474176 ... -US-Habeas

She forgot the thumbprint. No wonder the judge is making them start over with an amended babble.

On 5 May, Michaelene Jo filed, in the Doucette case, 3 Petitions for a Writ of Habeas Corpus for Harlan Smith, Steven Dean Byfield and Stephen Nalty. In the motion I read, which was basically the same as the petition from Shields, Michaelene instructed the court that they have 3 days to respond. So they did.

05/08/2017 14 MINUTE ORDER: In this action brought under 42 U.S.C. Section 1983, Plaintiffs have filed multiple applications for Writs of Habeas Corpus purportedly seeking release based on alleged constitutional violations in criminal proceedings. Habeas corpus claims may not be raised in a 42 U.S.C. § 1983 action. See Muhammad v. Close, 540 U.S. 749, 750 (2004); see also Hill v. McDonough, 547 U.S. 573, 579 (2006) and Preiser v. Rodriguez, 411 U.S. 475, 504 (1973). If Plaintiffs wish to pursue habeas corpus claims, they must file separate habeas corpus actions. Id. Accordingly, Plaintiffs' applications for writs of habeas corpus at 4 , 11 , 12 and 13 are hereby STRICKEN. By Magistrate Judge Kathleen M. Tafoya on 5/8/17. Text Only Entry (kmtlc2 ) (Entered: 05/08/2017)

Here is the petition for Harlen Smith
https://www.scribd.com/document/3483584 ... ion-for-HC

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Northland10

Post #229 by Northland10 » Sun May 14, 2017 11:23 pm

When Kimberly Shields filed the case, she used her address for Harlan Smith, Stephen Nalty and Steven Dean Byfield. Unfortunately, documents mailed to them are being returned undeliverable so the court has issued an Order to Show Cause why they should not be dismissed from the case for failing to keep a current address on file with the court.

Smith Byfield Nalty OSC.pdf
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Techno Luddite

Post #230 by Techno Luddite » Sun May 14, 2017 11:29 pm

Well, they're gonna have to break out the real big guns now! The Writ of Mandumbass!

Orlylicious

Post #231 by Orlylicious » Mon May 15, 2017 2:25 am

:lol: Habeas Corpus for Harlan Smith -- "produce the body!'

demand.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

From Michael Moore: RESISTANCE CALENDAR! A one-stop site for all anti-Trump actions EVERY DAY nationwide: http://resistancecalendar.org

Techno Luddite

Post #232 by Techno Luddite » Mon May 15, 2017 2:36 am

So, I guess these nutters think that because the Bible contains the words "let my people go" that means all they have to do is take that quote out of context, and it automatically frees any criminal, no matter what the crime, because they are a creation of God? Yeah, that'll work. :?

Notorial Dissent

Post #233 by Notorial Dissent » Mon May 15, 2017 2:50 am

And just to show what a legul skolar she is, she's citing Federal law, which doesn't apply, in a state court matter. I'm just hoping she filed it in such a way that they state can file against her for UPL or fake process. She'll find out how little patience the local authorities have with that, as if what happened to Brucie's crew shouldn't be warning enough.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Northland10

Post #234 by Northland10 » Mon May 15, 2017 7:08 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:And just to show what a legul skolar she is, she's citing Federal law, which doesn't apply, in a state court matter. I'm just hoping she filed it in such a way that they state can file against her for UPL or fake process. She'll find out how little patience the local authorities have with that, as if what happened to Brucie's crew shouldn't be warning enough.

Since all three of her demands for the body were stricken, and it was federal court anyway, I doubt the state could go after her for UPL. Her attempt unauthorized practice was not in the state's jurisdiction.

Notorial Dissent

Post #235 by Notorial Dissent » Mon May 15, 2017 9:03 am

If she were doing it within the state, I don't think they'd care. The fact that she filed in the wrong court, the one that doesn't have custody, just adds icing to the cake. For some reason they all still seem to think it was the Feds who arrested them, when it was the State that got them. Since it was on statewide charges and as a statewide case it was probably the CBI, or whatever they are calling themselves these days that did the actual arresting. At this point the Feds really don't much care, although I wouldn't be surprised if Brucie isn't up for the NM business, hope they get Dowdell too if they go after Bruce.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Dolly

Post #236 by Dolly » Mon May 15, 2017 11:12 am

I don't wanna spend the time copy/pasting individual comments here. I ARCHIVED Bruce Doucette's Facebook page. It captured MOST of the comments.

https://archive.is/xm7rM

Bruce Doucette
https://www.facebook.com/bruce.doucette.9

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

realist

Post #237 by realist » Mon May 15, 2017 11:56 am

Dolly wrote:I don't wanna spend the time copy/pasting individual comments here. I ARCHIVED Bruce Doucette's Facebook page. It captured MOST of the comments.

https://archive.is/xm7rM

Bruce Doucette
https://www.facebook.com/bruce.doucette.9

:dazed: :crazy:

ImageX 4 (have met 36 Obots at meetups) Image X 4

Northland10

Post #238 by Northland10 » Mon May 15, 2017 1:08 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:If she were doing it within the state, I don't think they'd care. The fact that she filed in the wrong court, the one that doesn't have custody, just adds icing to the cake. For some reason they all still seem to think it was the Feds who arrested them, when it was the State that got them. Since it was on statewide charges and as a statewide case it was probably the CBI, or whatever they are calling themselves these days that did the actual arresting. At this point the Feds really don't much care, although I wouldn't be surprised if Brucie isn't up for the NM business, hope they get Dowdell too if they go after Bruce.

Actually, I think an HC petition is proper in the Federal court, but not in an existing Civil case. The petition would need to be filed in a new case. Filing in a new court would not help because I don't think Michelene Jo is allowed to file it anyway. I am not sure about Kimberly given that she has some sort of relationship with Bruce. Attorneys, feel free to point out my errors on this.

But as you said, they still do not understand, or care to understand, the difference between federal and the state.

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post #239 by JohnPCapitalist » Mon May 15, 2017 3:34 pm

Techno Luddite wrote:
Dolly wrote:Bruce Doucette's facebook had been inactive since April 4. There are now new posts. Somebody else is posting there.

Bruce Doucette added 4 new photos.
Yesterday at 7:38pm ·
A message from Bruce- Let's work together to spread some truth about what is really going on. The following article was written by Rodger Dowdell.

There's no way that Dowdell is so stupid and ignorant as to believe this shit. Which makes it all the more despicable that he contributes to this low brow misinformation and allows others to be mislead into sovcitting their asses to jail. The way he talks about the "brave" people who were arrested, no mention of their lack of credentials, troubled background, etc. What a joke.

I actually do think Dowdell believes this stuff. If he were just an instigator, he'd keep a bit lower profile than he has been keeping. He's on the Colorado Pretend Legal System LARPer conference call every Wednesday night dispensing specific advice on how to do things. He seems to be a bit more fully involved than you would expect a true puppet master to be -- he's not operating completely within the shadows.

I am toying with another scenario: Dowdell has had a string of losses -- the Sarasota County charter review commission defeat, pawn Terry Trussell's conviction (the state's case didn't actually fall apart), the fact that the Florida constitutional review convention won't include anyone with his views, and probably a few more that I can't think of off the top of my head. He's struck out 100% in his home state.

The Colorado pretend judge/pretend marshal/pretend grand jury LARPers are about the only operation he's got left. Dowdell has to view the arrest of most of them in one fell swoop as merely a setback and not another failure. So his viability in the poot movement comes down to his being able to actually make something happen himself in this case, to get these people out of jail. (Let's ignore the fact that he could easily post bail for all of them without risking even a tiny fraction of his net worth; he's too cheap to invest cash when he can just manipulate them into being tools for free.)

I thus predict that Dowdell will be more on the front lines in the Colorado pretend judge/pretend marshal/pretend grand jury LARPer meltdown. It's not clear whether the state will try to roll up a second set of defendants, but if they do, I bet that it will include pretend investigator Steven Keno, pretend judge Steven ("fake meteorites") Curry, who's already convinced they've put out an arrest warrant on him, chief pretend judge Michael Hamilton, pretend judge Michaeline Jo Formanack, and a couple others. And depending on exactly what Dowdell does in the next couple weeks, he could get on that list. The problem is that the pretend lawyering from some of these folks, particularly the pathetic habeas corpus petition from pretend judge Michaeline Formanack, is so bad that it's not likely to get them busted for unlicensed practice of law.

Techno Luddite

Post #240 by Techno Luddite » Mon May 15, 2017 9:14 pm

JohnPCapitalist wrote:I actually do think Dowdell believes this stuff. If he were just an instigator, he'd keep a bit lower profile than he has been keeping. He's on the Colorado Pretend Legal System LARPer conference call every Wednesday night dispensing specific advice on how to do things. He seems to be a bit more fully involved than you would expect a true puppet master to be -- he's not operating completely within the shadows. :snippity: :snippity:

You know, you may be right. It sometimes is hard to tell the difference between grotesque incompetence and evil when one is on the outside.

But Dowdell isn't generally incompetent - unlike a lot of his little group of fake this and thats. He may be specifically incompetent in believing sovcit theories while being otherwise functional, but that is a lot to swallow. Unless we're also talking brain eating worms or an intervening neurological episode.

Notorial Dissent

Post #241 by Notorial Dissent » Mon May 15, 2017 10:49 pm

I have to agree with you, now. When this first started I just thought he was in it for the vicarious thrill of seeing someone else put their neck in the bear trap, but now I am convinced that if he isn't a true believer he certainly is getting there, and I think he too has drunk of the koolaid. I also don’t think he is stupid, or ignorant, as many/most of his followers are, but he has an agenda and that is where a lot of this is coming from. Now as to what that agenda is, I haven’t a clue. I think he is anything but incompetent, he wouldn’t have ended up where he is if he were. He’s just not smart overall, but I am sure he thinks he is. I think he is probably VERY good at whatever it is he supposedly did, but as inmost cases it doesn’t extend to everything. He does very much want to be the power behind the throne and the guiding hand though, and he has picked a willing and gullible crew to let him fill that position. He wants power and recognition, of a kind that he feels he has been otherwise denied.

DejaMoo

Post #242 by DejaMoo » Tue May 16, 2017 9:32 am

The best con artists have also conned themselves. It's so much easier to sell the b.s. to the suckers when you've convinced yourself it's true. Especially since it makes you feel so much smarter and superior to all those people coming to you for advice.

► Show Spoiler

Techno Luddite

Post #243 by Techno Luddite » Tue May 16, 2017 4:13 pm

DejaMoo wrote:The best con artists have also conned themselves. It's so much easier to sell the b.s. to the suckers when you've convinced yourself it's true. Especially since it makes you feel so much smarter and superior to all those people coming to you for advice.

A very good point!

One often hears the saying that the easiest person to sell is a salesman. I have also observed that conmen are often falling for other cons. Especially in the fake legal world, where no one really knows what they are doing, and are just sort of repeating what they've heard elsewhere and grasping at straws.

Orlylicious

Post #244 by Orlylicious » Wed May 17, 2017 1:23 am

There are tons of comments on Bruce's page, he might be on the "national call" Thursday! https://www.facebook.com/bruce.doucette ... nref=story

Bruce Call Thu.JPG

Update on Steve B:
Steve B.JPG

:lol:
Bruce Bail.JPG

From Michael Moore: RESISTANCE CALENDAR! A one-stop site for all anti-Trump actions EVERY DAY nationwide: http://resistancecalendar.org

Notorial Dissent

Post #245 by Notorial Dissent » Wed May 17, 2017 2:48 am

Isn't that just too precious, can't bond out because that would give them "consent and jurisdiction", that is just too precious, and S T U P I D.

If your sorry ass is in the slammer, they already got jurisdiction and obviously DON'T need your consent. S T U P I D.

I doubt seriously that Brucie's got ten cents to spare. multi-millionaire, in his mind maybe, but not in reality. He's a cheap ass con artist at best.

Orlylicious

Post #246 by Orlylicious » Wed May 17, 2017 3:04 am

ND, didn't you see what pretend Bruce (or is it pretend pretend Bruce? :lol:) said? Now is NOT the time to criticize :lol:

...now is NOT the time to point out his mistakes, if any. We the people should help our brothers in need.

We the people. There's just so much stupid. Guess they plan to be there for a long time. What role is Rodger B. Dowdell, Jr. playing in these discussions? Who's convincing them not to, "bond out because that would be giving them consent and jurisdiction"?

Notorial Dissent

Post #247 by Notorial Dissent » Wed May 17, 2017 4:54 am

I would suspect Dowdell is still egging them on, but I also suspect that Bruce et al can't come up with even a token bond amount, and with the size of the bail requested that could be a fair amount for them, and they don't seem inclined to go with a lawyer or PD, so they can sit in jail, and it's not like Dowdell really cares, he'll just move on to the next sucker acolyte.

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post #248 by JohnPCapitalist » Wed May 17, 2017 8:39 am

Notorial Dissent wrote:Isn't that just too precious, can't bond out because that would give them "consent and jurisdiction", that is just too precious, and S T U P I D.

If your sorry ass is in the slammer, they already got jurisdiction and obviously DON'T need your consent. S T U P I D.

I doubt seriously that Brucie's got ten cents to spare. multi-millionaire, in his mind maybe, but not in reality. He's a cheap ass con artist at best.

This is actually a fairly serious issue. Pretend judge Bruce's claims of legitimacy as a leader among the pretend judge/marshal/grand jury LARPer club rest on his being an intellectual heavyweight. Among the claims I have read (but which I can't lay links on in a quick search) is that he's not a mere computer fixer guy running a struggling business but actually a technological genius. Specific claims have included:
  • Retiring early due to a high income, a retirement he's now set aside out of his sense of duty to take up being a pretend judge and continuing to run his computer repair business.
  • A Ph.D. degree in something scientific.
  • A genius level IQ, which I seem to recall was specifically claimed to be 170
  • Co-inventor of the ubiquitous Universal Serial Bus protocol that connects nearly ever PC, Mac and smart phone.
The status as co-inventor of USB was conclusively disproven by a couple people who checked with people in the know and by a scan of patent records. He also does not appear to have an Ph.D., either from a real university or a degree mill. The genius-level IQ doesn't seem terribly likely in view of these two things, and an early retirement (he's now 54 and this was claimed several years ago) is possible but not terribly likely; that could be a cover for getting fired from a real job and now owning a marginal computer repair business to try and make a living.

Given that so much of Bruce's credibility is a function of these claims of intellectual super-powers, I'm surprised to see his authorized rep (his wife, perhaps?) back-pedaling from this story now, especially as it could weaken any future fund-raising for bail, legal expenses or general grifting to make the mortgage.

Northland10

Post #249 by Northland10 » Wed May 17, 2017 9:09 am

Here is his Linkedn profile where he claims to have invented the PCI bus, among other things.

https://www.linkedin.com/in/bruce-doucette-a157b136

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”