Karl Koenigs

Sam the Centipede

Re: Karl Koenigs

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Too few :lol: :rotflmao: :lol: :rotflmao: :lol: neonzx!

We don't really have a smiley for bloviating buffoons, do we?

Thanks SR for the update. The Kraptain is so unaware, so deluded. It would be sad, if he weren't such an obnoxious, selfish, nasty waste of space.

Photoguy

Post by Photoguy »

Never say die.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

:dance: Don Quijote Karlote astride Rocinante Rachel the Gassy Burro! :dance:

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Until Mr. Fierce Panda can elucidate, I went on an IANAL check of Wisconsin criminal code and it seems to my non-attorney self that Karl could indeed appeal this case (absent any complete flubbing of the procedure by Karl). My thinking is based on:

1. Karl made raised a constitutional right in the trial court.

2. According to the docket entry, the MTD (assumingly based on his constitutional tort argument) was dismissed.

3. After the MTD dismissal, Karl pleaded no contest.

Since Karl does not dispute driving while suspended, there was really no use for moving to a jury trial because there was no dispute of the facts (or no way to prove he did not break the law). I assume Karl's claim that Judge Miron stated that he didn't have to follow the Constitution was based on the judge stating that Constitutional arguments cannot be made to the jury as they only determine the facts of the offense, not law.

While he may appeal based on a constitutional right raised in the trial court, it still does not fix the fact that his arguments, and citations, are wrong, wrong, wrongity wrong and will fail on appeal, if it ever gets that far.

Of course, this is my IANAL thinking.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Oh please, Hero of Fogbow Labor, can we obtain a transcript of Karl's Magical Hearing to compare his brave narration with what really happened? :daydream:

Maybe Karl needs to have a cup of coffee with the judge!
Hey! Don't miss The Fogbow's Favorite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon -- "Mama June: From Not To Hot -- Family Crisis!" New Season in starts 3/27 9/8C March on weTV!

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Well, it looks like Karl will not be getting back all of the remaining bond ($1,750). Apparently, while finally paid off the ex in the fall of 2018 (19 November 2018 it would seem, after the election), he still owed $869 in fees to the court. They deducted that from the bond.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Orlylicious wrote:
Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:22 pm
Oh please, Hero of Fogbow Labor, can we obtain a transcript of Karl's Magical Hearing to compare his brave narration with what really happened? :daydream:

Maybe Karl needs to have a cup of coffee with the judge!
Coffee? Karl would want the stronger stuff, paid by someone else, of course.
That's a sneaky cross reference to the late Terry Trussell.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Karl's appeal may have some difficulty because the Court of Appeals, at least in 2002, hated freedom.

https://www.wicourts.gov/html/ca/01/01-2870.htm
NETTESHEIM, P.J. In this case, we put to rest the notion held by some that a person has an absolute and unfettered right, free of government regulation, to operate a motor vehicle on the roadways of this state. Rather, this so-called “right” is, in fact, a privilege that is subject to reasonable regulation by the legislature or other political subdivisions of the state.
Later on, they have a section perfect for a cut and paste by Karl and his elk. Unfortunately for the herd, they don't stop at the first sentence.
We agree with Derksen’s contention that he has a state and federal constitutional right to travel. :o See Kent v. Dulles, 357 U.S. 116, 125 (1958); Ervin v. State, 41 Wis. 2d 194, 200-01, 163 N.W.2d 207 (1968). But our agreement stops there. We reject Derksen’s further assumption that his right to travel translates into an unfettered right to operate a motor vehicle on the roadways of this state free of government regulation so long as the operation is not for a commercial purpose. We reject this proposition because no authority exists for it. :point: To the contrary, both this court and the Wisconsin Supreme Court have repeatedly recognized that the operation of a motor vehicle is a privilege properly regulated by the state.
They don't bother mentioning that the "Supreme Court rulings" are not actually US Supreme Court rulings and do not say what the goofs think it means. They probably skipped that part based on State v. Waste Management, Inc., 81 Wis. 2d 555, 564, 261 N.W.2d 147 (1978), which they quoted:
An appellate court is not a performing bear, required to dance to each and every tune played on an appeal. Here appellant raises twenty-nine challenges to a judgment of conviction. However, we find the challenges to fit into five categories and will discuss each category. Any of the twenty-nine issues raised and not discussed in any of the five categories can be deemed to lack sufficient merit or importance to warrant individual attention.
The Kap'n better bring his mighty AMFF because he has some capital felony arrestin' to do.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Legal question: Can he appeal a no contest plea?
Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:17 am
I think he can appeal the denial of his motion to dismiss (a constitutional argument, well, at least in his mind) which led to his no-contest plea. I am waiting for comment from Mr. Panda.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Karl will triumph, he told us so.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Karl's told us lots and lots of things. How many of them have been true or come to pass???
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:12 pm
Karl's told us lots and lots of things. How many of them have been true or come to pass???
Here is a list:

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:23 pm
Notorial Dissent wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:12 pm
Here is a list:

That’s Sterngard’s list. :twisted:

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Karl has a perfectly logical explanation of his appeal. It makes more sense if you are drunk I assume.
Karl P. Koenigs is with Scott Bannister.
14 hrs ·
JUDGE DAVID G. MIRON OF MARINETTE COUNTY, IN COURT, ON and FOR THE RECORD on Thursday January 30th declared his Court is superior to all Federal and SCOTUS precedent, Judicial Rules and Civil Procedure, and U.S. Code.

ACCORDING TO MUNICIPAL, COUNTY, AND STATE JUDGES ACROSS THE REPUBLIC, the DUTY of The BLUEcoat is to DEPRIVE YOU of YOUR individual Rights, like the God endowed Right to use an automobile to travel, without Vehicle Registration or a Driver's License as are SUPPORTED and DEFENDED by 18 U.S.C. § 31. U.S. Code in that for an automobile to be classified as a "Motor Vehicle" it must be used for COMMERCIAL PURPOSES as is backed up by numerous Federal and SCOTUS precedent.

Last Thursday Judge David G. Miron of Marinette County stated IN COURT, ON and FOR THE RECORD that his Court is superior to and above U.S. Code, The Constitution, Judicial Rules and Civil Procedure, or Federal or SCOTUS precedent. He can violate anybody's God given Rights regardless of The Supreme Law Of The Land.

I shall post the transcript, here on my Timeline, as soon as I am able to procure it.

DEPRIVATION OF RIGHTS UNDER COLOR OF LAW :snippity:

fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

Northland10 wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:58 am
ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Sun Feb 02, 2020 6:17 am
I think he can appeal the denial of his motion to dismiss (a constitutional argument, well, at least in his mind) which led to his no-contest plea. I am waiting for comment from Mr. Panda.
Northland has the correct answer. I've had several clients enter pleas after a potentially dispositive motion was denied, and then appeal on the grounds that the trial court got it wrong on the motion.

Example: In one case that still rankles me quite a bit, the circuit judge even sentenced my client to the bare mandatory minimum for the offense (it was an OWI) after having summarily denied the motion without an evidentiary hearing, despite the fact that I pretty clearly had met the prima facie standard for getting that evidentiary hearing. We probably would not have prevailed on the merits at an evidentiary hearing, but we were supposed to get it, and the client wanted to litigate the issue. What really upset me was that there were a lot of mitigating factors at play such that a court certainly could have justified imposing only the mandatory minimum, but it was pretty apparent that the trial judge did it strictly because he knew his shall we say abbreviated handling of a dispositive motion was dubious under the controlling case law, and he wanted to discourage my client from appealing. I filed the notice of intent to appeal anyway and referred it to appellate counsel. Sure enough, the client ended up dropping it.

Also, Karl badmouthing Judge Miron is pretty amusing to me. Miron is statistically one of the harshest judges in the state, and no one on my side of the bar is sorry he isn't standing for a new term this year.
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Question: does Wisconsin even create transcripts for minor, boilerplate hearings like this one? I know some places only do the terse "meeting minutes"-style summary like scirreeve posted upthread for procedural tasks.

In other words, is Karl shooting his mouth off about "Judge Miron being on the record" about a record doesn't even exist?
This bramble need not be traversed.

realist

Post by realist »

TheNewSaint wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:44 am
Question: does Wisconsin even create transcripts for minor, boilerplate hearings like this one? I know some places only do the terse "meeting minutes"-style summary like scirreeve posted upthread for procedural tasks.

In other words, is Karl shooting his mouth off about "Judge Miron being on the record" about a record doesn't even exist?
Chances are a record exists. Either a court reporter was there, or a tape monitor, or at the very least a recording of the hearing was made. One could begin to find out by contacting the Clerk of the Court in the jurisdiction where the hearing was held and they can usually direct you how to find out/order if wanted. If there is one, then all it takes is money.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

fierceredpanda
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

TheNewSaint wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 10:44 am

No, transcripts are definitely made, and they can be requested by Karl or any member of the public. Of course, you have to pay the court reporter for said transcript. You even have to pay for the transcript to be sent to the Court of Appeals if you are appealing, unless your attorney is appointed through the State Public Defender. As a judge once said to me, "Everyone says they're gonna appeal, until they find out what it'll cost them to get the transcript."
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

realist

Post by realist »

fierceredpanda wrote:As a judge once said to me, "Everyone says they're gonna appeal, until they find out what it'll cost them to get the transcript."
Yeah, sometimes that's a real shocker.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

realist wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:30 am
fierceredpanda wrote:As a judge once said to me, "Everyone says they're gonna appeal, until they find out what it'll cost them to get the transcript."
At a guess, what would the transcript of Karl's adventure cost? $1,000? $10,000?

fierceredpanda

Post by fierceredpanda »

realist wrote:
I remember once having to request a transcript from a fairly short hearing because I wasn't positive about a representation opposing counsel had made about what happened on some minor point. After receiving the bill for that transcript, my first thought was, "You know, the next time one of my fellow lawyers asserts that something happened at a hearing and I don't remember, unless it's super important, I'm gonna just take them at their word."

To Grumpy Old's question: For Karl to request the transcripts of every hearing on that case - which you have to do to appeal the case - could easily get up to four-figure territory. This is yet another drawback to him representing himself. If he qualified for a public defender, appointed attorneys get to file a piece of paper getting the transcript basically for free and passing the bill on to the state.

But let's not kid ourselves. He's not gonna appeal. He got a fine and court costs, which is the standard outcome in OAR cases, and better than typical in Marinette County, where everything is a jail case. (Also I know the special prosecutor, Alan Brey, a little bit. Almost certainly, he told Karl he'd recommend a fine and costs if he pleaded on the spot, or ask for jail if he didn't. I hate being strongarmed by a prosecutor like that, but I really don't mind an asshole like Karl getting that treatment.) And if he does appeal, it'll be months and months before anything happens, and he'll get to see what fun it is to be pro se in appellate proceedings in Wisconsin.

He's just running his mouth because his entire model of grifting is built upon exploiting the misunderstandings of his audience with regard to the justice system, and his entering a no contest plea to save himself from yet more jail time runs directly contrary to his whole philosophy of "they're not the boss of me!" His audience needs something to resolve the contradiction, so he'll ramble and rant about his phony baloney appeal that will get laughed out of court in the unlikely event he ever does anything on it, and the sad sacks who follow him will continue to believe his garbage. But, hey! One less possible count of bail jumping when he fucks up again!

realist

Post by realist »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Mon Feb 03, 2020 11:41 am
realist wrote:
At a guess, what would the transcript of Karl's adventure cost? $1,000? $10,000?
+

Testimony, deposition or trial, runs an average of about 40 pages an hour. Argument, opening statements, closing arguments, motions hearings without testimony runs about 30-35. The cost of transcripts differs by jurisdiction, but if you figure an average of $5/page (if you are the first to order and have to pay for the original) or around $1/page +/- a little if someone else has paid for the original and you are getting a copy only. If in federal court and you want to wait at least 90 days or so, you can get them of PACER for (last I looked) .10/page for a copy.
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Thanks Fiercered and realist. It is unlikely that Karl will do anything concrete because even he must realize he got a pretty good break.

However, he won't stop bloviating about his future appeals and arrests of judges etc.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Thanks for the answers, everyone.
This bramble need not be traversed.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”