CHRISTOPHER BRUCE: The Mighty Spork

LtDansLegs

Re: CHRISTOPHER BRUCE: The Mighty Spork

Post by LtDansLegs »

ZekeB wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 2:41 pm
Gregg wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 3:13 am Anyhow, he had to show some kind of insurance to get the job driving pizza, if they don't it the Franchisee is liable and we can't have that. Also, too, something like 99% of pizza drivers don't realize that when they do have a wreck while driving the car as a delivery vehicle, the insurance company, if they find out, is gonna deny the claim unless you paid the extra for commercial coverage. They agreed to insure you to commute, go to parties and carry the kids to school, but they want extra if they know you're gonna use the car commercially. Something I saw someone learn the hard way when I was delivering pizza, which until I was 30 was my go to side job. A noble craft I learned delivering pizza in Cambridge on a bicycle, which is a hard nut, lemme tell you.
This. My wife was using her personal vehicle for transporting disabled clients as a part of her regular duties at work. Of course they wanted to see an insurance card as a condition of employment. I told her nooooooo... it doesn't work that way. Her CEO said it is perfectly legal. I demurred. I pointed out a paragraph in her insurance policy. I also noted that if something happened, the odds are that she'd be underinsured. If someone gets injured in another's vehicle they're going to be coming for the big bucks. About four months later they bought a few vans of their own and forbade the use of personal cars for work purposes.

It just doesn't takes much here in my state to be called a "CEO."
It's fairly common to require that for people going on company policies too, I've had to do so in most of my previous jobs. I think it's often just used as a way to show a reasonable likelihood that you're insurable by THEIR carrier. When I worked in radio I had to be covered on all of the station fleet and they actually made me bring my USAA info and a copy of my 7-year BMV abstract (which was completely blank), then the insurer still pulled their own report :lol:

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

Patagoniagirl wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 12:17 am
JohnPCapitalist wrote: Mon Jul 20, 2020 11:59 pm Protip: if you are worried about the high cost of car repairs, don't take a job like delivering pizzas, where your tip income may be insufficient to cover the actual cost of operating your vehicle. The only reason people take a job like delivering pizzas (or driving for Uber/Lyft) is that they don't know the actual cost per mile of driving their car. If you knew what it cost per mile then subtracted that from tips, you would realize just how little you were actually making per hour for the value of your time.
I disagree JP. Not all people taking jobs as pizza delivery drivers can worry about the cost of car repairs. People taking these shitty jobs are fucking desperate. Lots of us are. So take your cost per mile quotient and temper it with some humility.

This dipshit Livingman is a fucking idiot. But so many folks are just trying to pay the mortgage and light bill.

My protip:. Don't judge everyone by their bad teeth and inability to earn a living in an economy where health care is tied to a job and a job is tied to an Republican economy which does not guarantee a basic living.
I have experienced poverty and financial desperation in my life, so I am not commenting from lack of humility based on my current career achievements.

My point is this: the only way that restaurants can offer free delivery provided by people operating their own cars in order to earn an uncertain reward (i.e., a tip, the amount of which is not known to the driver in advance of making the delivery) is if they can hide the true cost of operating the service from the driver. The most marginal drivers, those whose cars are about to give out, are at more risk than those who have, perhaps through parental generosity, newer and more reliable wheels. In other words, Sporky is more screwed than other drivers.

Let's suppose Sporky is driving a POS compact car with 150,000 miles on it. Let's suppose he's working 5 nights a week delivering in Frankfort. Assume his car gets 20 miles per gallon in the city and gas is $2.50. Let's further assume that he gets about 25 deliveries per 8-hour shift and makes an average of $4 in tips per delivery, and that each delivery is about 7 miles round trip from the store. His earnings per night are $100. He has about $21.88 in gas expenses. If he's smart, he will also save for "consumable" car repairs (tires, brakes, oil changes) at about $0.05 per mile or $8.50 per shift. Insurance at, say, $100/month in Frankfort, plus registration at $100 per year, divided by 40,000 miles per year (175 miles per night times 250 nights), is another $0.04 per mile or $7.00 per shift. So his $100 has now turned into a net of $63.22, or about $7.50 per hour. And I'm being generous on the income side, assuming a relatively full schedule. Tuesdays, hot summer nights, and other distractions, probably mean Sporky is sitting around a lot more than he's moving.

The above is merely sucky income, but note that it doesn't address wear and tear on the car and it doesn't address emergency repairs, such as Sporky is now facing. A car with 150k miles is likely to have at least one major failure in the next 40,000 miles of its life, and probably two. Alternator, transmission rebuild, you name it, all are expensive. $800 minimum per occurrence. And wear and tear on a car will eventually cause the car to fail at some point, even with a high-quality reliable set of wheels. Emergency repairs can easily take another $5 to $10 per night off Sporky's wages. And suppose Sporky bought his beater for $2,500. He runs it a year until it falls apart. Then he's got to scrape up another $2,500 to get another car when it's no longer feasible to repair the current one. At 40k per year in pizza mileage, that's another $0.15 per mile. Take that accrual out of Sporky's $63 per shift ex-gas, tires/brakes/oil, insurance and you're looking at another $35 per night. Thus, Sporky's down to $31 per night for 8 hours work, in a reasonably optimistic assessment. That's slightly more than half of minimum wage, and all the risk for lack of work is Sporky's.

That's why I said that the only way these business models work is if the drivers don't know the true cost they incur to provide the service. They're essentially ignoring risk of significant mechanical problems with the car and hoping they don't get bit by something breaking in order to reap the cash now. But when their car breaks they're worse off than they were before, because they likely don't have the cash to fix their car after they've driven it to make the pizza store owner rich. Hope that you can defer mechanical problems until you have more money is not much of a financial strategy. It is indeed a measure of the desperation that some people feel. I would like to live in a world where people didn't have to live like that because this is their best option.

AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:29 pm That's why I said that the only way these business models work is if the drivers don't know the true cost they incur to provide the service.
i don't pretend to understand the US system, which in a large part is why I turned down two green card jobs I was offered in the space of 20 years. Free health care is one hell of an incentive.

I was working at a loss for Amazon because in the UK the state picks up the tab for a shortfall and if I didn't work I would lose everything, including the place my cat calls home. It's not the employee who is at fault here. It is allowing employers to employ people below that required to eat and live, yet somehow make it the fault of the employee that is the issue.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Sporky has a mask which he wears when working - no surprise.
He gets asked about it and answers. First job in 5 years is his answer.
Patrick Rafferty
· 1:37
Is that a mask around your neck?
· Reply · 10h
Christopher Thelivingman
· 0:00
Patrick Rafferty it sure is...unfortunately, i need to wear it ever so briefly at each customer confrontation so that I can keep the only job that I have been able to get the last five years
· Reply · 52m
Christopher Thelivingman
· 0:00
Patrick Rafferty think I'm happy about it? you couldn't be more wrong
· Reply · 52m
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

PaulG

Post by PaulG »

scirreeve wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 12:53 am
Capture.JPG
If I saw that face, I wouldn't be asking idiot questions about his mask. I'd be making myself scarce. Anywhoo, as far as the economics of delivering pizza in my own car, considering if I had a car worth a few thousands which I can't spend, I might make like the money launders and make use of it for a few thousand less that I can spend.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

customer confrontation

Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:26 am
customer confrontation
Yeah, here's your fucking pizza, asshole.

Maybe he's allergic to tips.

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
arayder

Post by arayder »

Bruce is in a hyper-conspiratorial state of mind right now.

I suspect he's feeling like the world is closing in on him. He and his wife are working very low wage jobs. The clunker is likely nearing it's end and he can't deliver pizzas on foot. Housing sucks and is expensive. He has to wear a mask just to get food. His Iowa case is an issue. It's hot.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 6:49 pm
JohnPCapitalist wrote: Tue Jul 21, 2020 4:29 pm That's why I said that the only way these business models work is if the drivers don't know the true cost they incur to provide the service.
i don't pretend to understand the US system, which in a large part is why I turned down two green card jobs I was offered in the space of 20 years. Free health care is one hell of an incentive.

I was working at a loss for Amazon because in the UK the state picks up the tab for a shortfall and if I didn't work I would lose everything, including the place my cat calls home. It's not the employee who is at fault here. It is allowing employers to employ people below that required to eat and live, yet somehow make it the fault of the employee that is the issue.
Actually JP, you said the only reason people take a pizza delivery job is because they don't understand the cost...

And I said, not true. It's difficult and almost impossible to extrapolate the cost of a car out five, ten years if you need to pay your mortgage or electric bill now.

I am happy for anyone who is fortunate in life. But as someone who did all the right things and ended up as a dishwasher in a hamburger joint at 61-years of age, I see doing any kind of work as noble.

My life was turned upside down because of injuries death, and healthcare bills. Not unlike a lot of people out there working as delivery or Uber drivers.
The only reason people take shitty jobs is because they need a job. I was not particularly proud to be a dishwasher but it was a necessity. And with everything shut down now, I am not particularly inclined to sit down and extrapolate out the cost of transportation related to a job because I don't have that luxury.

Rant and thread jack over.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Christopher Bruce wrote:i need to wear it ever so briefly at each customer confrontation so that I can keep the only job that I have been able to get the last five years
Keep causing trouble for the establishment, you rebel you.

This bramble need not be traversed.
Orlylicious
Location: @orly_licious With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA
Occupation: LDIT Supporters are "Shooketh"! -- Ali Akbar 11/29/20 #StuggersForBiden "Do Nothing Democrat Savage" -- Donald, 9/28/19 and "Scalawag...Part of an extreme, malicious leftist internet social mob working in concert with weaponized, socialized governments to target and injure political opponents.” -- Walt Fitzpatrick

Post by Orlylicious »

Forget what you've read and seen -- The Spork talked to a friend of his who went to the bank with a jar of coins and the bank said, "What coin shortage?" So that settles it.

The Spork did a fast video between delivering pizzas to let everybody know: "If they try telling you this bullshit about there's there a national coin shortage, tell them to go get fucked. And don't go back. Because they're full of fucking shit." That darn Spork.

By the way, where's the CLASS ACTION lawsuit? The daily protest at the campground? Realist is starting to panic again, Realist has so much confidence in The Spork and would hate to see him let down again.

Avatar: LDIT's Post-election #FAIL record in court. And hey, don't miss The Fogbow's Favourite TV Show™ starring the titular Mama June Shannon! Returns 2021. TVShowsAce featured Fogbow's love 5/26/20: https://bit.ly/2TNxrbS[/b]
arayder

Post by arayder »

Bruce doesn't really acquire knowledge. He just goes shopping for the conspiracy theory of the day to advance the myth of his victimhood.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

But Sporky doesn't have any friends.

Image Image Image Image Image
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

arayder wrote: Sat Jul 25, 2020 8:01 pm Bruce doesn't really acquire knowledge. He just goes shopping for the conspiracy theory of the day to advance the myth of his victimhood.
And yet he misses the obvious conspiracy theory... Sporky is out delivering "pizzas". Nonce.

Baidn

Post by Baidn »

pipistrelle wrote: Fri Jul 24, 2020 7:26 am
customer confrontation
I literally laughed out loud at him with that. That one post from him should tell anyone all they need to know about the mighty Spork. Anyone who thinks that the default interaction with another human being is "confrontation" is not someone you want to know. There is a litany of better terms someone in the service industry would use instead if they weren't the kind of person to think "Neighbor told me 'good morning' today, so I told him to go fuck himself! He's not the boss of me where the fuck does he get off telling me what kind of morning I'm having?!?" is a healthy normal way to live.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

On his blog, Bruce supported some core sovereign citizen claims, including that the U.S. is actually a corporation run by the Queen of England, and that its laws do not apply to him. (He signed a lawsuit with red fingerprints, a popular sovereign symbol.) Online, he cast himself as a freedom fighter who was risking his life to blog.

“I, Christopher William, born of the clan of Bruce, a living breathing man, am of very sound mind and very sound body. My cars and home are well maintained, I am in very good spirits and looking forward to a very long and rewarding life,” he wrote in a May 31 post explaining that, if he died suddenly, followers should investigate the death as suspicious.

Bruce claimed he was blowing the whistle on 5G internet, a new service that has become a favorite fear of conspiracy theorists. Although some legitimate meteorologists have called for further study of 5G due to fears that it could complicate weather forecast technology, conspiracy sites like Natural News and Russian propaganda outlet RT have unleashed waves of unfounded claims, accusing 5G of causing cancer, infertility, and autism. Some of the conspiracy theory’s more fringe proponents falsely accuse the technology of being part of a population control plot by shadowy world powers.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sovereign ... acy-theory

arayder

Post by arayder »

sad-cafe wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:48 pm On his blog, Bruce supported some core sovereign citizen claims, including that the U.S. is actually a corporation run by the Queen of England, and that its laws do not apply to him. (He signed a lawsuit with red fingerprints, a popular sovereign symbol.) Online, he cast himself as a freedom fighter who was risking his life to blog.

“I, Christopher William, born of the clan of Bruce, a living breathing man, am of very sound mind and very sound body. My cars and home are well maintained, I am in very good spirits and looking forward to a very long and rewarding life,” he wrote in a May 31 post explaining that, if he died suddenly, followers should investigate the death as suspicious.

Bruce claimed he was blowing the whistle on 5G internet, a new service that has become a favorite fear of conspiracy theorists. Although some legitimate meteorologists have called for further study of 5G due to fears that it could complicate weather forecast technology, conspiracy sites like Natural News and Russian propaganda outlet RT have unleashed waves of unfounded claims, accusing 5G of causing cancer, infertility, and autism. Some of the conspiracy theory’s more fringe proponents falsely accuse the technology of being part of a population control plot by shadowy world powers.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/sovereign ... acy-theory
The article suggests that it is part of Bruce's MO to make vicious threats privately while he puts on a somewhat more sane face in public.
He served 60 days in jail in 2015 for repeatedly harassing local government employees by phone, and another 60 days in prison in 2016 for disorderly conduct and filing a false police report, according to the Argus Leader. (He was found not guilty of stalking, harassment, and threatening to use an explosive device that year.)

Since moving to Sioux Falls sometime after his latest Iowa court date, Bruce allegedly began waging similar campaigns on TenHaken and other local officials. Over the past eight months, the majority of TenHaken’s tenure as mayor, Bruce allegedly sent repeated messages threatening city council members, TenHaken, and TenHaken’s family.
Considering Bruce's recent Facebook tantrums and his inability to change his behavior one has to wonder if he is sending similar threats to Kentucky officials as we speak.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Well, if past is any precedent, then if he isn't now he will eventually. He repeats the same pattern over and over and over. Fail past is fail present and future.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

Does anyone see a "Finicum" in Sporker's future as I do... :think:

Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

No, he'll just get arrested for threatening public officials again. Rinse, repeat.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Frater I*I wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:42 pm Does anyone see a "Finicum" in Sporker's future as I do... :think:
Does he profess to be armed?
If he starts showing off a gun or guns as part of his rants, he might find himself in a Finicum situation.

arayder

Post by arayder »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote: Thu Jul 30, 2020 8:41 am
Frater I*I wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:42 pm Does anyone see a "Finicum" in Sporker's future as I do... :think:
Does he profess to be armed?
If he starts showing off a gun or guns as part of his rants, he might find himself in a Finicum situation.
One of Bruce's ploys upon threatening someone is to opine that he does not have weapons, knives, guns, or bomb making materials and thus the threats are not real or believable. He has recently repeated this line in Kentucky after having been visited by the state police, who are charged with protecting the Governor.

Of course, Bruce never tells the people he threatens that he's without weapons and the cops and the courts have not bought the ruse as a defense.

I figure it's an even money bet that Bruce has sent off a few vaguely worded threats to some Kentucky officials.

One has to wonder if the conditions of Bruce's probations and release agreements prohibit him from threatening public officials.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Sporky's not the kid who bullies you. Sporky's the kid who sticks his fingers in your face and says "I'm not touching you! I'm not touching you!" He's provoking you, while trying to make you feel like you're in the wrong for wanting it to stop.

Unfortunately for him, when you're a 60-year-old man sending threatening, unhinged letters to elected officials, "I'm not touching you!" isn't a defense.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Also, too, he's in a whole other reality where he is now, and it could prove very hazardous to his health.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
arayder

Post by arayder »

Bruce has a pattern of behavior which starts with him talking big and upon doing nothing defaults to venting his spleen.

Bruce starts by imagining he is a victim of false accusations, or some sort of government sponsored tyranny. He then fanaticizes he will successfully sue the government, or lead a political movement, or win a stunning victory during a trial.

This would all be just a tragic comedy were it not for Bruce's practice of committing real crimes as he runs his little game. Whether he's abusing his family, making false reports to the police or threatening government workers and elected officials, he commits crimes which no society can abide.

The irony is that during his convictions and jailings Bruce has been treated fairly and justly. In many countries in this world threatening to kill a mayor or a governor can get you put in a hole for the rest of your life. . .or worse. Yet, in recognition that mental instability is not a crime, Bruce is a free man.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”