TED VISNER: Passive-Aggressive Patriot

Redwolf

Re: TED VISNER: Passive-Aggressive Patriot

Post by Redwolf » Thu Mar 02, 2017 6:25 pm

Northland10 wrote:The house is located in a rural area and may not be that visible from the road. I'm thinking that he could have gone unnoticed but manage to piss off one or more people causing them to report the violation to the township.

His response probably shuts the door on any possibility of the township working with him to find a solution.
Actually, if you look at the addresses, it would appear that the house Visner is occupying at the moment is on the same street as the township hall. And I suspect that the "business" he is running out of the garage is his "justice league." In which case, further inquiry from the township might result in criminal charges for impersonating a lawyer or practicing law without a license.

Image Image

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Wed Mar 08, 2017 10:49 pm

I no longer pretend to have any insight into American electoral politics, for obvious reasons. Yet I still think, or should I say merely hope that the following is not in fact a potentially winning announcement of a run for Michigan Governor (though I do award a style point of including the phrase "raping pig farmers," not that I in any way approve of such a thing.):

https://youtu.be/3bdWRu4SEOs

Best guesses:

The business Ted has run into zoning problems for is his medical marijuana grow opp. I kinda sorta have sympathy for him on this.

Ted has lost his drivers license which shouldn't really bother him on "right to travel" grounds but he's bitching about it none the less and he may have had another vehicle impounded. He complains about being forced to pay liability insurance without mentioning the word liability. Much in the same way he seldom mentions the word foreclosure when talking about the houses he's lost. I have no sympathy for him on this one.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Mar 08, 2017 11:34 pm

The thing is though, that Teddy "the rules don't apply to me" Visner is exactly and precisely the reason he has the problems he does. He goes out of his way to invite them, and courteously, they come calling, EVERY TIME. That and he can't keep his nasty mouth shut. So NO sympathy from me.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:29 am

Jeez, it sounds like he don't like Michigan none.

I wonder if he knows there are 49 other states he could choose to live in? :think:

Welcome, seeker! There's a seeker born every minute!

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Mar 09, 2017 11:59 am

Rules actually enhance freedom, Ted. News flash. :roll:

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Mar 09, 2017 5:52 pm

Since Teddy has a massive chip on his shoulder to go with the block he calls a head, he is likely to have a problem with most states that for some funny reason seem to insist on you following their rules, so his options are really pretty limited. His one option would be to go someplace with lots of space and fewer people, but he;d probably have to buy something to live on and support himself, and since he is unemployed, and probably unemployable that is going to put a crimp in whatever he does. And since he doesn't play well with others at the best of times his mouth and attitude could get him in all sorts of trouble in some places. Yup, I'd say he's twixt a rock and a hard place. Quite a :pickle:

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Thu Mar 09, 2017 6:05 pm

Most of Ted's kids live in Michigan. I don't know if his current baby mama has visitation rights for her first three kids but that might be another reason for staying put as well. That and Ted is a stubborn sombitch, he squatted on Freemont till they arrested him and dumpstered his possessions. A more rational person would have at least rented a storage unit so when the clearly inevitable put out happened at least they'd still have their crap. Ted might flat out prefer to cling to his sovereign rights of "Not the Boss of Me," even if it lands him in jail (again) rather than leave the state. And speaking as someone who doesn't live in Michigan I don't really have a problem with that.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Mar 09, 2017 8:38 pm

My feeling is he is MI problem, they can keep him.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Mar 10, 2017 6:10 am

In general, voters love candy dates who are totally unhinged and say "fuck" a lot. :dance:

Welcome, seeker! There's a seeker born every minute!

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon May 01, 2017 8:01 pm

Northland10 wrote:Ohhhh....

After the miscellaneous case was converted to a civil case, Visner filed stuff. The court rejected it and sent it back, but they were included as attachments to the order.
12/07/2016 3 ORDER REJECTING Answer and rebuttal submitted by Theodore Visner; signed by Magistrate Judge Phillip J. Green (Attachments: # 1 Attachment) (Magistrate Judge Phillip J. Green, jkw) (Entered: 12/07/2016)

12/07/2016 4 ORDER REJECTING Objection and move to strike order submitted by Theodore Visner; signed by Magistrate Judge Phillip J. Green (Attachments: # 1 Attachment) (Magistrate Judge Phillip J. Green, jkw) (Entered: 12/07/2016)
They were too big to upload, so I had to use my Scribd until Recap catches up.

Enjoy.
Third time's the charm:
02/02/2017 5 ORDER REJECTING Letter re critical matters submitted by Theodore Visner; signed by Magistrate Judge Ellen S. Carmody (Attachments: # 1 Proposed Document) (Magistrate Judge Ellen S. Carmody, jal) (Entered: 02/02/2017)
02/02/2017 Copy of Order Rejecting Pleading 5 and original documents sent via U.S. Mail to Theodore Visner (ems) (Entered: 02/02/2017)
Or not.

I wonder if the upside down flag stamp on his envelope was intentional.
Visner v winkler attachment to order.pdf
Edit: I checked the prior document and he put the stamp on upside down their as well. I am pretty sure he is claiming it is his sign of distress. Sorry, Teddy, we cannot protect you from yourself.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe » Sun Jul 23, 2017 12:03 pm

ole Teddy has been keeping quiet lately hasn't he?

Redwolf

Post by Redwolf » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:33 pm

Image Image

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:50 pm

It was only a matter of time. Ted's refusal to follow any rules was was going to eventually make him run afoul in his attempt to grow and sell medical marijuana.

thearmbarkid

Post by thearmbarkid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 1:36 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 12:50 pm
It was only a matter of time. Ted's refusal to follow any rules was was going to eventually make him run afoul in his attempt to grow and sell medical marijuana.
Wow, felonies! Sounds like Teddy's moved into the big time.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:02 pm

Teddy is another legend in his own mind, kind of like Kapt Karl come to it. He's always wanted attention and respect, again kind of like Kapt Karl, and now he gotten one of the two, kind of like Kapt Karl. Must be something about common to militia nutjobs. Oh, and it looks like they are both going to get to go to jail, although it looks like Teddy has Karl edged out in sentence severity, and he'll get the coveted, and need I mention deserved, title of convicted felon. Sounds like MI is another of those places that still think growops are a felony enterprise. Kind of makes you wonder if he was any better at that than he was at carpentry and squatting. I'd say probably not since he got caught, although making yourself really really obnoxious and all but putting up signs, I suspect he probably bragged about it to anyone and everyone who'd slow down long enough about it, probably contributed to his latest fail.

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:08 pm

I'm not going to take the time to dig up cites* at the moment but there are some large flaws with Michigan's medical MJ laws. From memory the amount you are allowed to store per customer is far lower than the amount you would need to harvest to supply that customer for the year. So if you were growing outside which Ted was (to the best of my memory) as soon as you harvested in fall you would be holding more weed than the law permitted. Is that what happened here, I don't know. Given that this is Ted I'm sure he found a way to make what ever problem he had just so much worse.

A quick fb search turned up:

That was asked on WNEMTV5news' facebook page.

(Could someone without a facebook account confirm or deny if the above two links are viewable? Thanks.)

A quote from redwolf's link:
“It has been brought to our attention that a non-governmental group known as AXL has made claims that Militias in the State of Michigan are taking up arms since the arrest of Ted Visner,” read the notice. “We know of no other militia in Michigan that has expressed interest in assisting Ted Visner, we highly recommend to our members to not get involved.”
AXJ is going to get all of their 500,000+ global members to protest that insult.
Edit: ETA: Just a quick effort, from Michigan's Med MJ law:
(b) A primary caregiver who has been issued and possesses a registry identification card is not subject to arrest, prosecution, or penalty in any manner, or denied any right or privilege, including but not limited to civil penalty or disciplinary action by a business or occupational or professional licensing board or bureau, for assisting a qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process with the medical use of marihuana in accordance with this act. The privilege from arrest under this subsection applies only if the primary caregiver presents both his or her registry identification card and a valid driver license or government-issued identification card that bears a photographic image of the primary caregiver. This subsection applies only if the primary caregiver possesses marihuana in forms and amounts that do not exceed any of the following:

(1) For each qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process, a combined total of 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana and usable marihuana equivalents.

(2) For each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility.
"Primary caregiver" is the grower and qualified patient is the recipient (buyer). 12 plants at a time are legal per patient but only 2.5 ounces in dried usable weed at any given moment. If you're growing outside in Michigan like Ted was, you have one harvest per year at this time he'd have a lot more than 2.5 oz per patient dried or drying. That looks like a very poorly drawn law to me.

However I'm pretty darn sure Ted doesn't have a valid driver's license and I doubt he got a current state ID so he's probably poppable on that alone.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:35 pm

GlimDropper wrote:
Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:08 pm
:snippity:
:snippity:

AXJ is going to get all of their 500,000+ global members to protest that insult.
Providing he remembered to pay his internet bill this month...... :rotflmao:

I would agree, if there was ANY way possible to make it worse for himself, I'm sure Ted strove mightily to do so, he's just that kind of idjit. The whole old turn a misdemeanor in to a felony thing, he's got that down pat.

Redwolf

Post by Redwolf » Mon Oct 16, 2017 5:47 pm

So I found this article from September, I guess Visner was just clamoring for some attention http://www.wzzm13.com/news/local/michig ... /473066566

From the article: "Ted Visner, a licensed caregiver and owner of QPS, a hobby farm in Pinconning that serves patients with medical marijuana cards, says he's compliant with the state law and wants to continue operating as he has been for the last nine years.

"I’m licensed by the state to assist qualified patients, and that’s what I’m doing. We don’t call ourself a dispensary. We’re a hobby farm," he said. "We don't want to be a commercial business."

Nine years? Really Teddy?

Image Image

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Oct 16, 2017 6:22 pm

I noticed in the article mentioning his recent arrest he chose to not have a court appointed attorney and instead, represent himself. Given the mess that appears to be the state laws on the subject, he might have a case to argue but not if he does it himself. There may even be organizations who specialize on the subject and would assist in his defense.

What an idiot.

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Tue Oct 17, 2017 2:42 am

MLive has an article on Ted as well but it offer a few more details.

Man faces 18 felonies for allegedly selling medical pot to cops
Theodore J. Visner on Wednesday, Oct. 12, appeared before Bay County District Judge Timothy J. Kelly for arraignment on nine counts of felony firearm, eight counts of delivering or manufacturing marijuana, and one count of maintaining a drug house. The 18 charges are divided among four files.

The marijuana-related charge is a four-year felony, while the drug house count is a high court misdemeanor punishable by up to two years' incarceration. Felony firearm comes with a mandatory minimum two-year prison sentence, to be served consecutively to any other stint.

<Snip>

Investigators had direct contact with Visner on Aug. 30, when two undercover detectives twice visited his garage. The detectives wrote in their reports, contained in court files, that the garage was set up like a small business made to sell pot, edibles, and plants.

Before Visner sold to either detective, he asked them both for their Michigan Medical Marihuana [sic] Card. Both detectives showed Visner investigative cards provided to them by the Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs. The cards bore fictitious names, court records show.
Michigan's Medical MJ law is horrific and Ted knew it but the law as written states:
(1) For each qualifying patient to whom he or she is connected through the department's registration process, a combined total of 2.5 ounces of usable marihuana and usable marihuana equivalents.

(2) For each registered qualifying patient who has specified that the primary caregiver will be allowed under state law to cultivate marihuana for the qualifying patient, 12 marihuana plants kept in an enclosed, locked facility.
Neither of those two detectives were registered to Ted nor had they specified him as their "caregiver." The article mentions how much Ted was charging and assuming it was of decent quality the prices were lower than what I recall of street prices but they were still high enough to work as an income, especially considering Ted's lack of other employment. That little bit of money got him to take stupid risks.

It took a little while for Ed Vallejo to notice Ted got busted but no fear, AXJ's legal apparatus is springing into action:
► Show Spoiler
I wonder if Ed even bothered to mail that or if he's attempting to serve notice via facebook. It is a shame that Ted is going to represent himself, a competent attorney stands a real chance of getting this case bounced.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Oct 17, 2017 4:08 am

I wold suspect, knowing Ted - the rules don't apply to me - Visner, that he most likely violated most if not all of the applicable regulations. I also suspect that his idea of a "Hobby Farm" doesn't any where near withing the regulations.

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:43 pm

Ted had some manner of preliminary hearing today, I wasn't able to find anything out about that but there is some good news:
TViz.JPG
Ted actually hired an attorney. No idea if the guy is any good but I did see that he has a post published on a medical MJ blog. Anyone would do a better job of defending Ted than he himself could.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Fri Oct 27, 2017 7:40 am

GlimDropper wrote:
Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:43 pm
Ted actually hired an attorney. No idea if the guy is any good but I did see that he has a post published on a medical MJ blog. Anyone would do a better job of defending Ted than he himself could.
Ted hired an attorney and one who has at least some familiarity with the Michigan medical marijuana movement? Is he feeling okay?

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:20 am

Smoking his product probably banged him off the insanity barrier, and ricochet him back closer to reality.

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:34 am

Suranis wrote:
Fri Oct 27, 2017 8:20 am
Smoking his product probably banged him off the insanity barrier, and ricochet him back closer to reality.
:lol: You just about made me spit up some of my morning coffee.

Am I being detained?

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”