Anthony Williams, Private Attorney General

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Re: Anthony Williams, Private Attorney General

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:37 pm

Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:24 pm
Yes, Forti -- one of the sovcit fantasies appears to be that if they keep throwing manure onto a pile it will turn into a pile of gold, not an ever larger pile of manure.

Williams does that, as do many others.
In other words, it's the trap that makes fundamentalists of all stripes eventually go batshit crazy: "if it doesn't work, do more of it." Normal people will eventually change and do something different, but fundamentalists can't do anything else because the doctrine they're following is perfect, by definition. So all you can do is more. You can't find a better theory or a different one.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:38 pm

Well, it's worked for WIlliams. He got a lot of grift from his victims. It's just not working for him when he's in trouble, but he's too delusional to figure that out.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:19 pm

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:37 pm
Sam the Centipede wrote:
Sun Jun 10, 2018 2:24 pm
Yes, Forti -- one of the sovcit fantasies appears to be that if they keep throwing manure onto a pile it will turn into a pile of gold, not an ever larger pile of manure.

Williams does that, as do many others.
In other words, it's the trap that makes fundamentalists of all stripes eventually go batshit crazy: "if it doesn't work, do more of it." Normal people will eventually change and do something different, but fundamentalists can't do anything else because the doctrine they're following is perfect, by definition. So all you can do is more. You can't find a better theory or a different one.
[/quotedoing-

A pure example of the Einsteinian Axiom. Keep doing the same brain dead stupid thing in the expectation that you'll get a result.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink » Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:51 am

but he's too delusional to figure that out.
Not really. It's the reason behind a panic reaction, that reaction occours when you are so totally doomed that doing absolutely anything is better than doing nothing as even an infinitesimal chance of it working is better than no chance.

Also, it is something to do in what must be pretty boring circumstances.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Mon Jun 11, 2018 7:45 pm

Williams, like many other SovTards and other pro se defendants, is going to pull a long sentence and end up reciting to other inmates (many of whom have their own recitations on similar themes) how the court must have been corrupt or stupid to have ignored his wonderful legal arguments. In actuality, he barely understood the technical details of his arguments and did not pay any attention at all to the opposition's arguments or the evidence. Someone would have to study the court files themselves, and probably also the trial transcript (which, of course, nobody in the prison can do), to be able to start explaining to Williams how his defense went off the rails, but I'd bet he'd stop listening anyway.

There are a substantial number of prison inmates like that - not all of them SovTard types, some of them with blood on their hands from violent crimes but still convinced they somehow had a good alibi or something - solidly persuaded that (altho they were guilty) they should be free except for some chicanery on the part of the court, and getting more solidly convinced with every passing year as a matter of self-esteem. Being prisoners they have no other source of self-respect except these delusions that they were railroaded even though they were guilty. By the time they come out, they are very bitter.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Mon Jun 11, 2018 8:37 pm

I dunno about that. One of my guilty pleasures is the MSNBC weekend show about prisons and you'd be surprised how candid at least some prisoners are about why they're locked up.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

ScottComstock

Post by ScottComstock » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:04 am

ATW is demanding the government hire him a legal secretary. I think it almost goes without saying this one's gonna get flushed.

ATW's most recent motions ("Third Motion for Exposition of Spiritual Warfare", "Motion to Determine Competency of Ersatz Prosecutor Ronald Johnson", et al.) were denied as moot since similar motions are still pending before the court.

BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:14 pm

At first I read that as "hire him as a legal secretary", which would have been even funnier.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:29 pm

He won't get a legal secretary. The Sixth Amendment guarantees him legal counsel, not piecemeal office staff. And the quality of his own handwritten stuff submitted to the court suggests that he doesn't need anyone with special skills, just very ordinary typing skills, to type up his stuff. He supposedly had friends in Hawaii capable of that ... they seem to have deserted him.

At one point in my misspent life Williams threatened to sue me for calling him a make-believe lawyer (or maybe it was for calling him a mountebank, or maybe for calling him a flim-flam artist, I can''t remember exactly), but now I almost feel sorry for him. He's not merely in free fall, he's in a power dive. Something inside him, some tiny voice, must be telling him that letting his court-appointed lawyer handle his case is the best way to minimize the additional convictions he's sure to get in the federal court, yet he is determined to maximize him ruin.

LtDansLegs

Post by LtDansLegs » Sat Jun 16, 2018 10:37 pm

Fortinbras wrote:
Sat Jun 16, 2018 8:29 pm
He won't get a legal secretary. The Sixth Amendment guarantees him legal counsel, not piecemeal office staff. And the quality of his own handwritten stuff submitted to the court suggests that he doesn't need anyone with special skills, just very ordinary typing skills, to type up his stuff. He supposedly had friends in Hawaii capable of that ... they seem to have deserted him.

At one point in my misspent life Williams threatened to sue me for calling him a make-believe lawyer (or maybe it was for calling him a mountebank, or maybe for calling him a flim-flam artist, I can''t remember exactly), but now I almost feel sorry for him. He's not merely in free fall, he's in a power dive. Something inside him, some tiny voice, must be telling him that letting his court-appointed lawyer handle his case is the best way to minimize the additional convictions he's sure to get in the federal court, yet he is determined to maximize him ruin.
All things being equal, I'm almost positive his court-appointed COULD potentially petition for money to pay investigators (based on other cases I've seen), but certainly not to go on the sort of missions ATW is likely to send them on.

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Mon Jun 18, 2018 4:04 pm

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:02 pm
LtDansLegs wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 1:47 pm
ScottComstock wrote:
Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:12 am
Buckle up, we've got a huge haul from the Pretend Attorney General this week!
The last one looks particularly interesting as it contains screenshots of iMessage conversations and YouTube videos, emails, and other juicy stuff.
Oooh, those are going to take awhile to read through. But for a guy with so much criminal exposure he sure does spend an awful lot of time faxing all the important details about it directly to the FBI :-D
The introduction to Exhibit D in "Part 3" of the last filing is one of the best pieces of legal writing I've ever read. The fun starts on Page 13. I strongly recommend you check it out. Unfortunately, I can't seem to extract the relevant text from the PDF so you'll need to check the link.
Following up my earlier post above:

I took it upon myself to write the following note of appreciation to attorney Evers, who drafted the utterly freaking brilliant memo described above.

I said:
Sun, Jun 10, 8:00 PM (8 days ago)
To: Attorney James Evers, Hawaii OCP

Dear Mr. Evers,

I'm writing as a member of a web site called TheFogbow.com, which follows the sovereign citizen movement as a matter of public concern and as a subject for mockery. We're frankly fascinated by pseudolaw in all its forms, as well as horrified by the prospect that thousands of nuts believing in all sorts of bizarre argle-bargle could impair the administration of justice in our country.

Recently, we've been following the federal case of one Anthony Troy Williams, who has been involved in mortgage fraud for many years in Hawaii, Florida and elsewhere. His co-defendant is Anabel Cabebe, who your office prosecuted in a state action last year, with case number 15-01446. In that case, docket #92 was a "Memorandum in Opposition to Hep Guinn's Motion to Dismiss," which you authored.

I am not an attorney, though in my role as a Wall Street investment manager, I've had to slog through more court filings than any lay person should, to assess impact of litigation on companies where we own stock. Legal filings are one of the few documents more boring and torturous to read than SEC financial filings.

But your filing in this case was an absolute gem. In the introductory section, you lead off by saying "Most people have things about their past the wish they could change, and for most people, it is enough to accept their shortcomings, learn from past mistakes, and endeavor not to repeat those same mistakes. In this respect, Guinn is not like most people." And you warm to your subject from there.

I realize that you may labor mostly in obscurity to protect the citizens of Hawaii from con artists and related scum, so I wanted to take the time to say just how delightful it was to see this sparkling and memorable wit on display in the overall stream of bizarre and incomprehensible sovereign citizen filings Anthony Williams is inflicting on the federal courts.

Thanks again for giving us some real entertainment as we research and contemplate the horror of this threat to our nation. The residents of Hawaii are fortunate to have you on their side. Please accept my best wishes for your continued success.

Best regards,

John P.
Mr. Evers was kind enough to dash off a couple of quick sentences of acknowledgement, which I won't reproduce here since I didn't ask permission. But he did include another one of his favorite filings from other cases.

Apparently, Anthony Williams and his crew are not the only people pushing SovCit mortgage scams on the beleaguered citizens of Hawaii. And in this document, the clever writing appears throughout. Worth 5-10 minutes to peruse.

Again, thanks for doing such a great job, Attorney Evers!

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:18 pm

One name on that filing (which I'll read later) jumped out at me - David Keanu Sai.

There's some overlap between sovcit stuff and the Hawaiian Sovereignty movement. Sai is a major figure in that movement.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

ScottComstock

Post by ScottComstock » Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:12 am

Another PACER haul with responses to ATW's most recent round of motions:

Here's a response to ATW's demand to provide discovery discs and a PowerPoint presentation. Attached as an exhibit is a copy of the PowerPoint presentation at issue, which looks very interesting! (The other exhibit is a photocopy of a disc)

Also:
ATW confuses civil and criminal discovery
ATW's "misprision of felony" "motion" is irrelevant to his defense
Response to request for legal secretary

Choice quote from the latter response:
In any event, the Court's docket demonstrates that the Defendant's own vexatious and aggressive litigation choices have consumed immensely more resources than would be objectively necessary to prepare for trial. By the government's count, the Defendant has filed no fewer than 49 motions and 12 other demands for miscellaneous relief to date. Many of these motions are patently frivolous and could not have affected any claim or defense at issue in the indictment, including three motions claiming "spiritual warfare." ECF Nos. 179, 238, and 273. Others motions filed by the Defendant appeared to have been factually baseless, including two motions to disqualify the district judge and magistrate judge, and separate motions to disbar or seek to determine the competency of the prosecutor. See ECF Nos. 147, 241, 242, and 269. Insofar as the Defendant's perceived need for administrative resources is predicated upon continuing his strategy of filing legally-baseless or immaterial motions, the Defendant has not demonstrated that a legal secretary is necessary to defend against the mail and wire fraud charges in the Superseding Indictment.

LtDansLegs

Post by LtDansLegs » Sat Jun 23, 2018 2:19 pm

ScottComstock wrote:
Sat Jun 23, 2018 9:12 am
Another PACER haul with responses to ATW's most recent round of motions:
That Powerpoint is even worse than I'd expected....good God.

ScottComstock

Post by ScottComstock » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:34 am

ATW's standby counsel has himself filed a motion to show cause. Unlike the others that were written by ATW, the standby counsel himself filed this one, and appears to have legitimate issues with the way the BOP has been handling access to legal supplies and materials.

(Links are on my server)
Fourth Motion to Show Cause
Declaration
Exhibits A-F
Certificate of Service

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:42 am

ScottComstock wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 11:34 am
ATW's standby counsel has himself filed a motion to show cause. Unlike the others that were written by ATW, the standby counsel himself filed this one, and appears to have legitimate issues with the way the BOP has been handling access to legal supplies and materials.

(Links are on my server)
Fourth Motion to Show Cause
Declaration
Exhibits A-F
Certificate of Service
Williams or his counsel might have a more sympathetic ear if Williams weren't filing utter crap. As it is, it makes no diffrerence concerning his legal output if Williams has a luxury suite at the County Law Library or is kept in a dungeon in the dark and in chains. All he turns out is ridiculous and frivolous trash.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:36 pm

This is an unusual situation. Williams has a court-appointed lawyer, whom Williams evidently ignores and wants to discard. And the court-appointed lawyer is filing motions aimed at enabling Williams to ignore him all the more, and possibly discard him, by allowing Williams to do more rambling around the law library and writing his own pleadings.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:51 pm

Fortinbras wrote:
Fri Jul 06, 2018 1:36 pm
This is an unusual situation. Williams has a court-appointed lawyer, whom Williams evidently ignores and wants to discard. And the court-appointed lawyer is filing motions aimed at enabling Williams to ignore him all the more, and possibly discard him, by allowing Williams to do more rambling around the law library and writing his own pleadings.
Is he though? The more crap Williams finds, the more reasons to disagree with his client's approach.

Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Fri Jul 06, 2018 4:54 pm

I thought the rules were you either had to be Pro Se or have a lawyer, and if you have a lawyer you can't just file stuff yourself, your lawyer has to do it on your behalf. Why can't they just refuse to accept anything he files unless its a motion to dismiss his lawyer?

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:26 pm

Right, either he is represented by a lawyer or he isn't; no AC/DC on this.

What is very likely is that his lawyer's papers are read by the judge (and his clerks and the prosecutor, etc.), while Wiliam's handwritten stuff just goes straight to file and the other copies go straight to everyone's wastebasket.

I would expect the judge, at some point, to issue an order making it clear whose paperwork counts.

Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot » Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:58 pm

Setting aside the etiquette of representation, I think Williams has a fair grievance here. It does not seem proper that a person accused of complex financial crimes is obstructed in reviewing 50,000 evidential documents and participating in his own defence. In this modern age there is no reason why he could not be given an adapted iPad or laptop computer for this purpose.

I know the answer will be that it's his own fault, it serves him right, security concerns, who does he think he is etc. But that's not how justice and the presumption of innocence works. Imagine if we heard tomorrow that our beloved JohnPCapitalist had been arrested and thrown in jail to await trial for some fabulously complex insider trading allegations. Would anyone be happy for him to treated as Williams has been?

Mary Quite Contrary

Post by Mary Quite Contrary » Sat Jul 07, 2018 6:54 pm

Firstly, I don’t believe our JP would be the fool to represent himself.

Secondly, ATW is also a prisoner not just someone on trial, he has his conviction from FL too that he is serving.

Thirdly, I completely think it’s crap if he really isn’t being able to view his discovery nor receive supplies from his stand by lawyer. Especially, since this same subject seems to have been discussed numerous times in court. He is out is that SHU thing (I guess this is some for of segregation) so I don’t understand why he is being limited in his (albeit stupid) preparation for trial.

Fourth, there is no way he is getting a personal iPad or laptop. If they do that then everyone should have one and that is never gonna happen. However he should be reverted back to whatever solutions that had set up. The real ones not his fantasy views.

"My greatest hope is for inclusion and love for all humanity in 2017 and beyond." -Pharrell Williams

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:01 pm

Courts in Hawaii can sometimes be a bit more protective of pro se litigants than other jurisdictions. This doesn't mean that anyone should expect that the court will favor Williams in determining the outcome of the case itself, but the court is likely to pay at least some attention to both the filings of Williams and those of his elbow counsel - particularly where elbow counsel identifies issues that could legitimately result in unfair prejudice to Williams.

I would be surprised (if only mildly) to see the court shut down an otherwise meritorious filing on the part of elbow counsel purely on the grounds that Williams is pro se.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

JohnPCapitalist

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:09 pm

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 5:58 pm
Setting aside the etiquette of representation, I think Williams has a fair grievance here. It does not seem proper that a person accused of complex financial crimes is obstructed in reviewing 50,000 evidential documents and participating in his own defence. In this modern age there is no reason why he could not be given an adapted iPad or laptop computer for this purpose.

I know the answer will be that it's his own fault, it serves him right, security concerns, who does he think he is etc. But that's not how justice and the presumption of innocence works. Imagine if we heard tomorrow that our beloved JohnPCapitalist had been arrested and thrown in jail to await trial for some fabulously complex insider trading allegations. Would anyone be happy for him to treated as Williams has been?
Thank you for the shout-out. I'm honored that someone would describe me in terms even remotely close to what you said.

Fortunately, it's unlikely that will happen to me. At the root, I've never been anywhere close to insider trading as a person of interest, though I've provided evidence as one of many witnesses in response to several FBI investigations of financial bad behavior.

If somehow, inconceivably, I got collared for some form of financial jiggery-pokery, I would end up in far better shape than Mr. Williams. First, I'd have a lawyer or ten on the case, and they'd be doing all the heavy lifting of the document base. Not only would I not be representing myself, but I wouldn't be trying to think I'm smarter than my lawyers by helping craft strategy or tactics. I would also not be moldering in jail because I wouldn't be plucked via the supremacy clause from a lengthy state prison sentence, which eliminates the possibility of bail. The only blot on my record is a single speeding ticket almost two decades ago. I don't have a mile-long rap sheet as a petty criminal. With no prior offense, bail is rather likely.

Oh, and there's the other thing to consider: what makes you think that my insider trading scheme would inevitably fail, leading to its discovery and my arrest? Oh ye of little faith in my abilities!

Mary Quite Contrary

Post by Mary Quite Contrary » Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:14 pm

Mikedunford wrote:
Sat Jul 07, 2018 7:01 pm
Courts in Hawaii can sometimes be a bit more protective of pro se litigants than other jurisdictions. This doesn't mean that anyone should expect that the court will favor Williams in determining the outcome of the case itself, but the court is likely to pay at least some attention to both the filings of Williams and those of his elbow counsel - particularly where elbow counsel identifies issues that could legitimately result in unfair prejudice to Williams.

I would be surprised (if only mildly) to see the court shut down an otherwise meritorious filing on the part of elbow counsel purely on the grounds that Williams is pro se.
Since you are familiar (way more than I of course) would it really make a difference that the lawyer submitted the motion. ATW did email his stand by about the issue, with sitations for the transcript. Wouldn’t that constitute ATW asking stand by to write it for him. Especially since ATW doesn’t seem to really have much access to the law library.

Just want to say I have no idea why (for this issue only) ATW would need access to the library since I have no idea how to use one. Nor have I actually ever been in one.

"My greatest hope is for inclusion and love for all humanity in 2017 and beyond." -Pharrell Williams

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”