SovCits & Other L/RWNJs Love Their Woo-Woo

kmcrober

Re: SovCits & Other L/RWNJs Love Their Woo-Woo

Post by kmcrober » Sat Jan 30, 2016 6:04 pm

Thanks! Sitting in panel session right now.

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post by Kriselda Gray » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:45 am

mmmirele wrote:A lawyer and skeptic named Colin is currently on the Conspira-Sea cruise (as is, apparently, a reporter from Jezebel, at least from my tweets). He is hobnobbing, listening to and being threatened by the likes of former doctor Andrew "vaccines cause autism" Wakefield, Michael "I was a Libertarian candidate for president" Badnarik, and Winston "There ain't no tax theory so crazy that I won't promote it" Shrout.
I left a comment there (currently in moderation) telling him about our experiences with people considering their children as property in relation to trying to get them back from CPS and the attempt by some to get honorary tribal membership for the same purpose - as he had commented on those tactics being used in trying to be and let to and levied vaccinating kids - and inviting him to stop by.
Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida » Sun Jan 31, 2016 8:42 am

mmmirele wrote:If you don't want to read the article, here's a video of Brooklyn chef Greg Lauro cooking up that "food" and attempting to eat it.

Fair Warning: It is horrifying.

ETA: They are "you will wish you had died" horrifying.

[bbvideo=560,315][/bbvideo]
Nice of them to provide the bucket to, um, get rid of what the 'food' does to you

It amazes me how the gun and "pepper" grifters have made so much money off of "Obama is gonna take your guns.....buy many" or "Obama is gonna EMP America.... Buy freeze dried crap"

Making money off of teh stupid is easy, I guess

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Jan 31, 2016 1:06 pm

kmcrober wrote:Thanks! Sitting in panel session right now.
Is this from McRoberts? Who is he thanking?

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:27 pm

Adrianinflorida wrote:
mmmirele wrote:If you don't want to read the article, here's a video of Brooklyn chef Greg Lauro cooking up that "food" and attempting to eat it.

:snippity: :snippity:

Making money off of teh stupid is easy, I guess
It is the Patriotic thing to do.

Mockingbird

Post by Mockingbird » Sun Jan 31, 2016 6:47 pm

"True Believers" who suspect they have spots or blemishes that may be skin cancer need not fall prey to oncologists, but avail themselves of Nature's pharmacopoeia:

http://www.quackwatch.org/01QuackeryRel ... schar.html

Bloodroot salve, sometimes called Black Salve, simply makes whole chunks of skin coagulate like a scab and fall off. Of course half your face, and that pesky thing called a nose, can fall off as well. Picture at above Quackwatch link.

Black Salve is sold under the counter at some "health food" stores. I used to work at one of them -- super woo woo from both ends of the political spectrum -- decades ago in my college "daze"

Adrianinflorida

Post by Adrianinflorida » Sun Jan 31, 2016 7:06 pm

Nutjobs proving Darwin was right.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Feb 01, 2016 12:53 am

Adrianinflorida wrote:Nutjobs proving Darwin was right.
Actually Nutjobs have more babies than non nutjobs so Darwin is kinda wrong on this one...
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

SueDB

Post by SueDB » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:13 am

Suranis wrote:
Adrianinflorida wrote:Nutjobs proving Darwin was right.
Actually Nutjobs have more babies than non nutjobs so Darwin is kinda wrong on this one...
The nutjub babies will inherit the Earth? More doesn't necessarily mean fitter.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:34 am

Well, according to Darwin, what inherits the earth is the organism has the traits that create the most chances to reproduce. So, the correct conditions that create advantages for reproducing and therefore inheriting the earth are Lard, lack of teeth and Dumfuckitry. Congratulations human race! :clap:
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:44 am

Suranis wrote:Well, according to Darwin, what inherits the earth is the organism has the traits that create the most chances to reproduce. So, the correct conditions that create advantages for reproducing and therefore inheriting the earth are Lard, lack of teeth and Dumfuckitry. Congratulations human race! :clap:
Mr. Darwin would like to speak with you. Please contact a local medium to set up an appointment for a seance. Bring your copy of Origin with you.
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

kmcrober

Post by kmcrober » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:38 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
kmcrober wrote:Thanks! Sitting in panel session right now.
Is this from McRoberts? Who is he thanking?
Yep. And I was thanking you guys. Just not very well, given the limitations on what I could write at the time--tapping letters into my tablet while taking notes and burning precious internet minutes.

Hope you enjoy the posts (more coming) and I'm more than happy to answer any questions you might have. The speakers most likely to be of interest to you were:

Shrout: claimed to be the third-dimensional delegate to the Galactic Round Table and a trusted confederate of the elves and fairies. Claimed to have used a cooperative elf to move the Prime Meridian from London to somewhere else (Prime Dragging Line? Prime Dragon Line?), which for reasons meant that the Federal Reserve Banks could not recharter, which means the Fed is now defunct. And that the Vatican is about to pay off everyone's mortgages. As much as he talked, he failed to mention to people that he's under an indictment; when I asked him about it, he said it was a sting operation he was conducting. He wasn't worried, he appointed the judge as his fiduciary so if they convict him the judge is going to jail.

Badnarik: some weird ideas, but didn't try to sell specific advice to anyone that I saw or heard about. Just gave some lectures on Constitutional history. Offered me advice for seasickness, and to gun down anyone who enters his home uninvited. In general a pretty nice guy.

Morton: scum. I'll be writing more about him later. Cited some stuff from supremecourtcase.wordpress.com as "a Supreme Court Case." Mispronounced "Scalia." Lied through his teeth. Tried to take money from desperate people.

Other speakers really impressed me. Nick Begich, for example, who thinks HAARP is a weather and/or mind control machine--didn't spread paranoia, didn't push bogus products on people, just talked about philosophical matters (in my hearing, anyway). Said that people shouldn't be paranoid, and offered some pretty decent policy suggestions, like more regulatory transparency and more trained generalist scientists in regulatory bodies to help manage disruptive new technologies.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Feb 01, 2016 5:47 pm

Colin -- We're most interested in Sovereign Citizens, birthers and lawyers and judges who act badly, anti gun control idiots whose children "get shot" and people who do bad things. We also like people who do good things.

This started as an anti birther site (just celebrated its 7th anniversary with pretty much the old core and lots of great new people) and we get along by virtue of our leader who moderates very very well.

It probably would be best not to open a separate thread on your travels since you already have a discussion going on elsewhere. We'll read and comment here on that but look forward to the day when you're released from your floating jail and have unlimited Internet access.

kmcrober

Post by kmcrober » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:05 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Colin -- We're most interested in Sovereign Citizens, birthers and lawyers and judges who act badly, anti gun control idiots whose children "get shot" and people who do bad things. We also like people who do good things.

This started as an anti birther site (just celebrated its 7th anniversary with pretty much the old core and lots of great new people) and we get along by virtue of our leader who moderates very very well.

It probably would be best not to open a separate thread on your travels since you already have a discussion going on elsewhere. We'll read and comment here on that but look forward to the day when you're released from your floating jail and have unlimited Internet access.
Thanks, that's what I thought. No intent to hijack, just thought people would be interested.

I think Orly has been a guest on Morton's radio show, and all three would fall under my definition of "sovereign citizen." But the closest connection is that Morton tried more than once to get a laugh by saying that he was waiting for Cruz to respond to a question about his citizenship by saying, "At least Canada is closer than Kenya." (The line flopped twice.)

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Feb 01, 2016 6:12 pm

We have actually had members here litigate against Taitz, one by name and the others providing support. The Gish Gallop is strong in Taitz, and it takes a village to keep up with all the lies. She isn't a SovCit herself, though. When she was campaigning for California Secretary of State I attended one of her campaign meetings and she basically brushed off the SovCit woo being dished up by one of the most famous practitioners, who warmed up the crowd (of about 15, at Denny's of course). His shtick was that you had to "open a common law court" to "win" a case. Complete mumbo jumbo. Too much even for Taitz. Looking forward to your next report on Violent Metaphors. Don't waste your bytes here!

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:50 pm

If Orly keeps getting less and less attention, she may end up going the SovCit route.

ETA: The poopies thread is four pages back.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Fri Feb 26, 2016 1:25 pm

Colin posted a part 7 to his series about the Conspira Sea cruise:

http://violentmetaphors.com/2016/02/09/ ... -i-failed/

In it, he implores people who have connections to others on the Conspira Sea cruise to let them know that Sean David Morton (one of the pseudolegal presenters, we'd call him a sovereign citizen) is in real serious trouble, to wit:
Specifically, Q took advice from a dangerously incompetent and ignorant “attorney in law,” Sean David Morton. A man whom Q trusted. A man who never told Q that not long before the cruise began, he’d been indicted on serious criminal charges. Q probably has no idea that he was arrested by the IRS Criminal Investigation Division as soon as he got off the boat, or that he’s now facing over six hundred years of jail time for doing the same sort of things he advised his audiences to try for themselves.
Colin wants Q to understand that if s/he does what Sean David Morton told him/her to do, s/he could end up in the same Fail Boat.

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:20 pm

Hermosa Beach Couple Face Tax Charges

http://patch.com/california/hermosabeac ... ax-charges
Sean David Morton, 58, and his wife, Melissa Ann Morton, 50, were arrested Sunday in San Pedro after disembarking from a weeklong “Conspira-Sea Cruise,” in which various conspiracy theories were discussed while cruising the coast of Mexico, according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

An updated indictment filed in Los Angeles federal court alleges that Sean Morton filed a series of false income tax returns for the years 2005 and 2010 seeking millions of dollars in refunds, while his wife allegedly filed false returns for 2007.

The couple “caused multiple copies and multiple versions of their income tax returns to be submitted to various IRS service centers throughout the United States in 2009 and 2010,” according to the indictment, which alleges the Mortons attached false paperwork to support their claims for refunds.
Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Feb 26, 2016 2:22 pm

http://www.dailybreeze.com/general-news ... government
A 56-count federal grand jury indictment alleges Sean Morton filed a false income tax return in 2010 that requested a refund of $2.8 million and another in 2012 that sought nearly $1.6 million, prosecutors said.

The Mortons are each charged with one count of conspiracy to defraud the United States and two counts of making false claims to the United States. They also are charged with submitting false documents to the Internal Revenue Service, the California Franchise Tax Board, banks, mortgage and student loan companies, and county tax collectors, as a means to pay off debt.

If convicted, Sean Morton could face up to 650 years in federal prison. His wife faces up to 625 years in prison.
With time off for good behavior they could be out in only 550 years. ;)

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Feb 26, 2016 3:03 pm

I do like how some of the criminally inclined have taken to delivering themselves to law enforcement and saving the effort and expense of going after them. Also, too, by providing well publicized itineraries to make it even easier.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Wed Mar 16, 2016 3:01 pm

I hope Winston Shrout enjoyed the Conspira-Sea woo cruise (see above), because he has now been indicted in Oregon federal court on various tax allegations:
Oregon Man Charged with Using Fictitious Financial Instruments and Failing to File Income Tax Returns

A federal grand jury sitting in Portland, Oregon, returned a superseding indictment yesterday afternoon charging a Hillsboro, Oregon man with 13 counts of making, presenting and transmitting fictitious financial instruments and six counts of willfully failing to file income tax returns, Acting Assistant Attorney General Caroline D. Ciraolo of the Justice Department’s Tax Division announced.

According to the superseding indictment, beginning in or about February 2008 and continuing through at least June 2015, Winston Shrout knowingly devised and participated in a scheme to defraud financial institutions and the United States out of monies by making, presenting and transmitting fictitious financial instruments, which he variously called, among other things, “International Bills of Exchange” and “Non-Negotiable Bills of Exchange.” Shrout claimed that these fictitious financial instruments had monetary value when he knew they were in fact worthless. It is alleged that during the course of his scheme, Shrout produced and issued more than 300 fictitious financial instruments, purported to be worth more than $100 trillion, on his own behalf and for credit to third parties. The superseding indictment further alleges that Shrout promoted and marketed the use of fictitious financial instruments as a way to pay off debts, including federal income taxes, through seminars and private client consultations. Shrout is alleged to have sold recordings of his seminars, templates for fictitious financial instruments, and other materials through his website.

In addition, the superseding indictment alleges that Shrout received income for the years 2009 through 2014 from various sources, including presentations at seminars, licensing fees associated with the sale of products in his name and his business, Winston Shrout Solutions in Commerce, and annual pension payments. It is alleged that Shrout willfully failed to file income tax returns with the Internal Revenue Service (IRS) for those years to report his income, despite being required to do so.

If convicted, Shrout faces a statutory maximum sentence of 25 years in prison on each count of making, presenting and transmitting a fictitious financial instrument and one year in prison for each count of willful failure to file income tax returns.
:snippity:
https://www.justice.gov/opa/pr/oregon-m ... ax-returns

Attached is the indictment.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Wed Mar 23, 2016 8:59 pm

Another article, from the Southern Poverty Law Center, on Winston Shrout:

https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... indictment

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:13 pm

Man charged with issuing $100 trillion in fake finance documents ordered to halt his consulting work

http://www.oregonlive.com/pacific-north ... 100_t.html
A federal judge Thursday ordered Winston Shrout, who is charged with defrauding U.S. financial institutions by issuing bogus documents, to stop consulting with clients or selling his taped seminars for sale while he awaits trial.

Shrout, of Hillsboro, Thursday entered not guilty pleas to a 19-count federal indictment that accuses him of 13 counts of making, presenting and transmitting fictitious financial instruments and six counts of willfully failing to file income tax returns.

Federal prosecutors contend he's made and issued more than 300 fake "International Bills of Exchange'' on his own behalf and for credit to third parties. The government also contends Shrout falsely claimed the bills had value and purported them to be worth more than $100 trillion.

The indictment also alleges Shrout promoted and marketed the fake financial documents to pay off debts.
Shrout is representing himself. Trial date is June 7th.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Apr 01, 2016 12:30 pm

The trial will be comedy gold, he is calling in from an unregistered reality, and I hope they put him away for a good long time.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

chancery

Post by chancery » Fri Apr 01, 2016 2:12 pm

If he had just stuck to his book and seminar grift, he probably wouldn't be facing prison time.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”