Dinar Valuation and Global Currency Reset Scam Thread

Notorial Dissent

Re: Dinar Valuation and Global Currency Reset Scam Thread

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Mar 06, 2019 6:00 pm

For completeness,

Descent of the Zimbabwe dollar

Zimbabwe dollar abandoned 2009
June and September of 2015 redemption period Zimbabwe dollars exchanged for USD - no real takers
  • R$ 1 Rhodesian dollars to Z$ 1 first dollars ZWD 1980
    Z$1,000 first dollars to Z$1 2nd dollar ZWN ZWD 2006
    Z$10,000,000,000 2nd dollars to Z$1 3rd dollar ZWR 2008
    Z$1,000,000,000,000 3rd dollars to Z$1 4th dollar ZWL 2009
Z$1 4th dollar = Z$10,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 1st Z$
2014 beginning use of bond coins
2015 Zim fully demonetized

bond note floating against the dollar

2019 real-time gross settlement dollar RTGS now in use roughly $2.5 RTGS to the dollar
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink » Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:39 am

Turningg up so late for the RV party that almost everyone has gone home some time ago comes the self styled Peter of England, con-man of middle England and inventer of the Re, an imaginary currency for his WERE Bank.

He has a thread on Quatloos

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... 52&t=11140

Pickings have been lean in recent years, and I cannot see him doing very well in America either.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:25 am

Siegfried Shrink wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:39 am
Turningg up so late for the RV party that almost everyone has gone home some time ago comes the self styled Peter of England, con-man of middle England and inventer of the Re, an imaginary currency for his WERE Bank.

He has a thread on Quatloos

http://www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtop ... 52&t=11140

Pickings have been lean in recent years, and I cannot see him doing very well in America either.
Haven't heard about him in a while. Out own thread on PofE is rather dusty (last post was way back in 2016).

http://thefogbow.com/forum/viewtopic.ph ... &start=575

Sorry about the dust in the air now. I wonder if Foggy has a vacuum.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 7:46 am

:vacuum:

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:06 am

Any dust around here is magic dust. :blink:
Every locked door has a key. - Emika Chen

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:30 am

Siegfried Shrink wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 2:39 am
Looks like he is trying to court the QAnon crowd and compete with the currency reset community.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:59 am

Well, if nothing else he has a keen eye for the terminally gullible.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Photoguy

Post by Photoguy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:55 am

RoadScholar wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:59 am
Well, if nothing else he has a keen eye for the terminally gullible.
And knows how to recycle a cardboard box.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:37 am

He better be careful. The USA is a lot less tolerant of phony check schemes than Europe is.
This bramble need not be traversed.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:06 am

TheNewSaint wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 10:37 am
He better be careful. The USA is a lot less tolerant of phony check schemes than Europe is.
Checks? Who uses checks still in Europe? A thing well in the past of payment methods over on the Old Continent. Either credit/debit cards or electronic fund transfers are standard here.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:11 am

He was responsible through his ReCheques for several people going to jail and losing their homes a couple pf years ago. All thoroughly documented over at Quatloos.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:16 am

It's not just Europe. I wrote five checks last year. Four to my yard guy and one to my neighbor for my half of a new fence.

A lady ahead of me at the grocery store actually wrote out a check last week. I can't remember the last time I saw that happen.
Image Image Image Image Image

Photoguy

Post by Photoguy » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:26 am

I suppose we're quickly moving to the point where if you want to use cash you'll need to provide 2 forms if I.D.

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:47 am

Photoguy wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:26 am
I suppose we're quickly moving to the point where if you want to use cash you'll need to provide 2 forms if I.D.
Didn't Trump recently claim that you have to do that to buy groceries in Florida, or some such nonsense?

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:14 pm

Yeah, he thinks you need ID to buy milk.
Image Image Image Image Image

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:24 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:06 am
TheNewSaint wrote:
Checks? Who uses checks still in Europe? A thing well in the past of payment methods over on the Old Continent. Either credit/debit cards or electronic fund transfers are standard here.
True, but that was (is?) the WeRe Bank scam. You give Peter a promissory note for £150,000, he gives you a checkbook you can write against that amount. When the receiving party calls Peter to try and clear the check, he says "it's cleared" and hangs up. Seriously; there was a special phone number for this purpose, which routed to PoE personally.

Later variations involved allonges, cards, proximity fobs (which were proven to be just the fob maker's own product demo), and other hoops to jump through so Peter could blame you when it no one took the WeRe checks. Soon enough the regulatory bodies issued warnings, and that was that. Though no one ever bothered prosecuting Peter.

There's a long-running and entertaining thread at Quatloos about the history of PoE's scams.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:21 pm

TheNewSaint wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 12:24 pm
RTH10260 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 11:06 am
TheNewSaint wrote:
True, but that was (is?) the WeRe Bank scam. You give Peter a promissory note for £150,000, he gives you a checkbook you can write against that amount. When the receiving party calls Peter to try and clear the check, he says "it's cleared" and hangs up. Seriously; there was a special phone number for this purpose, which routed to PoE personally.

Later variations involved allonges, cards, proximity fobs (which were proven to be just the fob maker's own product demo), and other hoops to jump through so Peter could blame you when it no one took the WeRe checks. Soon enough the regulatory bodies issued warnings, and that was that. Though no one ever bothered prosecuting Peter.

There's a long-running and entertaining thread at Quatloos about the history of PoE's scams.
Thank you for holding my hand and helping me along ;) I have not followed this guy's story so :doh:

I just wondered why this "bank" and its boss hasd not got into further trouble. Googled foe WeRe Bank and there is even a wikipedia article explaining above. It seems the UK let this slip thru. In Switzerland he would have got into trouble for not being licensed.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/WeRe_Bank

Also at RationalWiki https://rationalwiki.org/wiki/WeRe_Bank

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Thu Mar 07, 2019 8:54 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:21 pm
I just wondered why this "bank" and its boss hasd not got into further trouble. Googled foe WeRe Bank and there is even a wikipedia article explaining above. It seems the UK let this slip thru. In Switzerland he would have got into trouble for not being licensed.
I suspect that inaction by regulatory authorities was because the WeRe NotABank scheme is so absurd and so unlikely to lead to any payee actually being defrauded that it wasn't worth chasing PoE. Of course the payees had debts owed by the check-writers that they needed to enforce, but that's hardly unusual. And if PoE wasn't calling in the promissory notes, his clients (!) hadn't suffered a significant loss.

Regulators and cops are busy. Why waste time on idiots playing silly games?

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Thu Mar 07, 2019 9:35 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Thu Mar 07, 2019 3:21 pm
Thank you for holding my hand and helping me along ;) I have not followed this guy's story so :doh:
Thanks, but there's so much more to the story. The whole Quatloos thread (4 of them, actually) is the epic saga
The funniest bits:
  • The early, promising history of WeRe Bank in which some of the checks actually get (automatically) processed and sent to PoE for clearing
  • People brag about paying off cars, mortgages, and the like
  • The checks begin coming back when no money is transferred to the recipient
  • Peter tells his marks they're doing it wrong, with all manner of byzantine and ever-changing instructions
  • Peter loses control of his own website to his own website master
  • Peter sets up shop under a rub-and-tug parlor in a dodgy bit of Manchester
  • a woman from Chicago is evicted in the dead of winter
  • Peter loses his PayPal account
  • Peter establishes his own legal services, complete with court and judge
  • Peter issues WeRe Bank cards for 20 GBP a pop. Hardly any are sold.
  • Peter demonstrates the WeRe Bank proximity payment fob. This is quickly revealed to be the fob maker's product demo.
  • Peter joins the yellow vest movement in France where no one pays any attention to him.
I just wondered why this "bank" and its boss had not got into further trouble.
In all seriousness, it's kind of a brilliant scam. The beauty of it is that the sucker, not Peter, is the one passing the phony checks. And the sucker isn't likely to complain to the authorities, since they're trying to get something for nothing themselves. And it only cost the sucker 30 pounds, plus 10 pounds for however many months they stuck with it. People who've been taken for small amounts tend to learn their lesson and become more skeptical wait for the next sure-fire free money scheme to materialize.

BruceHollandRogers

Post by BruceHollandRogers » Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:58 pm

TheNewSaint wrote:
Wed Mar 06, 2019 7:23 am
I see the "back screen" has reared its ugly head again. The very idea there's a super-secret currency exchange that.buys worthless currency at premium rates. And which can only be acessed by doing the performance art outlined above.

The idea of any commodity trader paying a secret, higher price for the same thing is too stupid for words.
Yes, but this sort of "inside" advice is analogous to teaching someone how buying a car works. When I was young and went to a used car lot, I first read about the common practices of car salesmen. As a result, I knew what the salesman was doing when he went to get his manager's approval for a price I had just successfully negotiated. I knew that he would come back with the story that the manager wasn't going for it, that I had driven too hard a bargain. So I got up to leave, and the salesman asked me to wait while he went back to try to "convince" his manager.

I've seen this kind of theater a lot of times in my life, and I like to think that I know most of the tricks, though it's likely I have still overpaid sometimes and have fallen for manipulations I didn't catch.

My point is that I've learned, and many consumers have learned, that there are games built around money. So it's not a huge stretch to believe that there might be one exchange rate for rubes and another for insiders. (Well, that is in fact true in the sense that retail exchange rates at an airport are going to be different from what you might get in a city center, which will be different again from the rate for a futures contract on an enormous sum of currency.)

I feel sympathy for those who fall for these stories. The idea of a secret back screen currency exchange rate is not reality, but it's analogous to some aspects of reality familiar to the scam victim. Even when the scam is loony, it usually has to have some points at which it is reality-adjacent. It has to begin with what past experience has taught.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:11 pm

Good ole Petey has been really lucky, and/or very smart and has managed to avoid any real public "official" attention to date despite the amount of blowing his own horn as much as he has been. He's barely been a blip on US regulator's attention so far since despite his best efforts to find native suckers customers here. I can't remember if there were more than maybe three but I don't think there were. The magik cheque scam is pretty old hat here and the locals have moved on to electronic banking and magik numbers at the FED now, although admittedly a few of them did try to make their own magik cheques, that worked equally well.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:08 am

BruceHollandRogers wrote:
Fri Mar 15, 2019 7:58 pm
Yes, but this sort of "inside" advice is analogous to teaching someone how buying a car works.

I feel sympathy for those who fall for these stories. The idea of a secret back screen currency exchange rate is not reality, but it's analogous to some aspects of reality familiar to the scam victim. Even when the scam is loony, it usually has to have some points at which it is reality-adjacent. It has to begin with what past experience has taught.
...and what it hasn't taught. There's a big difference between buying a car and buying a commodity. Every car is unique, and estimating its true worth can be difficult and subjective. So you might get different prices offered. Commodities are worth whatever the market is willing to pay for them. There's never any reason to pay more, other than convenience.

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:50 am

TheNewSaint wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:08 am
...and what it hasn't taught. There's a big difference between buying a car and buying a commodity. Every car is unique, and estimating its true worth can be difficult and subjective. So you might get different prices offered. Commodities are worth whatever the market is willing to pay for them. There's never any reason to pay more, other than convenience.
On the other hand, it is easier to give less savvy clients worse prices. For instance, look at buying precious metals. As an average uninformed person, the prices you buy at and the prices brokers will buy from you are generally worse than them trading among each other. When one has little leverage or knowledge, one is going to pay more for things and get less for selling them than equals who interact with each other professionally.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:25 pm

neeneko wrote:
Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:50 am
On the other hand, it is easier to give less savvy clients worse prices. For instance, look at buying precious metals. As an average uninformed person, the prices you buy at and the prices brokers will buy from you are generally worse than them trading among each other. When one has little leverage or knowledge, one is going to pay more for things and get less for selling them than equals who interact with each other professionally.
Yeah, I didn't distinguish the two things very well. The price of the commodity itself doesn't change. But transaction fees can vary greatly depending on who you're buying from. Currency vendors at the airport, for example, charge obscene fees. You're paying more in fees for the convenience of being able to do it right there, but 1 GBP is still 1.34 USD. It's not $1.50. And there's certainly no "back screen" where you can buy British pounds for $1.10 each.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:16 pm

Yabut, their guru told them so, so it must/has to be true...….. Stupid is not only incurable, it is expensive.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”