Dinar Valuation and Global Currency Reset Scam Thread

LightinDarkness

Re: Dinar Valuation and Global Currency Reset Scam Thread

Post by LightinDarkness » Sun Jul 03, 2016 5:50 pm

Bruce, you are missing the forest for the trees. Technically zim notes have collectible value, but I am talking about the financial soundness of someone buying them as a "long shot investment portfolio." The intrinsic value of these notes is zero, any value they have is purely for currency collectors. Don't try to persuade yourself that the airline pilot will be fine because these will still hold some collectible value in the future even if the RV is a myth. Anyone dumb enough to buy these as an 'investment' is essentially investing in the 2016 equivalent of beanie babies. They will have some value in the future to a small niche community - but it isn't a wise investment anymore than buying beanie babies were in the 1990s. They are setting themselves up for long-term financial ruin when that money SHOULD be invested in actual investments (ie, a well-diversified low fee index fund).

chancery

Post by chancery » Sun Jul 03, 2016 7:11 pm

Bruce,

Your bulletins from the world of collectible currency are always interesting.
Off Topic
Back in the 1980s there was a firm with a street-level office in New York City’s financial district that specialized in scripophily, antique stock and bond certificates. It had jaw droppingly beautiful examples on display at its handsome street level office. The firm’s brochures waggishly used the style, layout, and typography typical of securities announcements. I don’t have an independent recollection of the name*, but it was probably Roland Smythe and Co. From a 1982 NY Times article How Stocks of Yesterday Draw Collectors Today:
R.M. Smythe & Company, which is on lower Broadway near Wall Street, became a dealer in vintage stocks in 1978 and held the first American auction in them in 1980. It also publishes Friends of Financial History, a magazine for scripophilists. Its basic business, though, is research.

Roland Smythe was a stockbroker who patrolled the floor of the New York Stock Exchange in the 1800's. He disliked the nettlesome interruptions of telephones so much that he avoided the instrument and acquired the nickname of ''No Telephone Smythe.'' Besides buying and selling the current stocks, he had an abiding interest in research into old companies. People were constantly asking him to look into this or that stock, and so he decided to start a business, founding R.M. Smythe in 1880.
Google tells me that R.M. Smythe’s scripophily business expanded to include coins, autographs and photographs, eventually merging with a British auction firm, Spinks & Son. The securities research business was bought by scripophily.com.
* I remember being told that it was a brokerage firm that became a collectibles dealer after going bust with a large inventory of worthless certificates, but that might have been a different brokerage house turned scripophilist.

BruceHollandRogers

Post by BruceHollandRogers » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:33 am

Bruce, you are missing the forest for the trees.
I'm not saying that the pilot will definitely be made whole, and for his sake, I hope he does better due diligence with his other "long-shot investments," though I doubt it. I don't disagree that it sounds like he's on the road to ruin.

I just take issue with the characterization, "worthless." Of all the notes that have been bought because of hype by gurus, the high-denomination zims will hold some value. LiD, I know you mean that anyone "investing" in a pile of these notes will end up eating ashes. I don't disagree. But there's a floor to the zim notes that isn't there for the other hyped currencies.

BruceHollandRogers

Post by BruceHollandRogers » Mon Jul 04, 2016 1:43 am

Chancery, thanks for that tidbit about stock certificates. They can be every bit as beautiful in their designs as banknotes, and I certainly understand the appeal of collecting them. From childhood, I owned some shares of Tucson Gas and Electric. The dividends helped me save up to buy a Creepy Crawlers kit when I was ten.

Eventually, as an adult, I wanted to sell my shares. I didn't have the certificate, so first I had to jump through some hoops to have a replacement issued. When I finally received it, it was so beautiful that I almost decided against selling, just so I'd have the privilege of taking it out and looking at it. I didn't know then that there was anywhere where I could have bought cancelled or redeemed certificates.

BruceHollandRogers

Post by BruceHollandRogers » Wed Jul 06, 2016 4:20 pm

Prices for the Zimbabwe P-91 note are falling on eBay. No one is buying at all through some other markets I watch. This feels to me like the period in September of last year when the official demonetization was winding down. The price of the Z$100-trillion dropped by half, and I attributed this move to reality sinking in among RV buyers that a currency can't be raised from the dead.

But then the prices went right back up.

I wonder if there might be some similar dynamic having to do with the story that the RBZ plans to print $200 million USD bond notes. Or perhaps the market is, at last, fully saturated. Or, at least, the RV market may be saturated, and prices are falling to reflect normal demand from normal buyers.

Or it's just statistical noise in what is, after all, a pretty small market.

I don't track the prices of the guru-touted currencies that are actually money somewhere. The price of any uncirculated note that is currently in use is often 50% above face, so a softening RV demand might be hard to detect in the price. However, an average circulated note typically can command only about its face value, so a good indication of a market driven by currency speculation rather than collectors is a narrow spread between circulated and uncirculated notes.

Given that the RV mythology is now self-perpetuating, with gurus who seem to be true believers, I'm not sure how it can end, except by age and attrition. Unlike an end-of-the-world prediction, the RV is always in the near future, but never fixed to one date. Individual gurus might name a date, but when it passes, well, that was just one guru, and the guru will always express his own frustration that the event didn't happen.

End-of-the-world predictions tend to be abandoned if the first date named didn't pay off. Sometimes they can recalculate and bring their followers to a second date. But after that, willingness to believe (or willingness to predict again) falls way off.

The RV is a story. It may be that the only way to end it is to supplant it with a story that pushes all the hopium buttons, but better.

LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness » Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:16 pm

I think the RV pumping is very correlated with the zim price, Bruce. I've noticed that when you mention price drops, I hear a lack of zim mentions on the big RV calls. Also, when you refer to historical price changes in the zim (in the last year or so), there is a close correlation to the exiting of Winston ("DC") from the TNT Tony call. Winston was Tony's sidekick and had a made up persona of being a US government insider who knew all about the RV. He was BIG TIME into pumping the zim, and the price of the zim rose (in my mind) largely because of his pumping.

But when Sterling Currency had its assets seized last year, Winston disappeared. This was long before TNT Tony had to stop his call as a result of going to jail. He was just there one week, and gone the next. Sterling didn't sell zim currency, but I suspect Winston was a plant from other larger dealers that did sell it. And Winston wisely got the hell out of dodge when he saw a big dealer being taken down by the feds. After Winston left, the pumping of the zim went down considerably, and the price plummeted.

LightinDarkness

Post by LightinDarkness » Fri Jul 15, 2016 7:13 pm

So there has been a coup in Turkey. How is this related to the RV, you might think? It;s not - if anything it would be bad for the RV (if the RV existed, which it does not). However, the pumpers are already furiously spinning this: the coup is proof of the RV! You see, The Dark Cabal is being overturned by the forces of light and prosperity packages will arrive any day now!

The RV is here folks (not really)!

Red Panda

Post by Red Panda » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:14 pm

Dave Schmidt says there will be no public RV. Instead, he is inviting folks to participate in a private currency exchange that will be funded by the Dragon Family (the Golden Dragons, as the Red Dragons and the Ambassador turned out to be all talk and no action). The currency holder sells their currency to the buyer for an agreed upon price. There is a breakdown of how the funds will be paid out: 20% to the participant, 20% to administration and 60% to an escrow account. The participant will have one year to direct the funds in the escrow account into an existing humanitarian project or submit one of their own. Business plans will be required.

The rate has been quoted as $5 per dinar and $5 per dong. The question is why would the buyer buy currency at such an inflated price? Dave's answer is:
  • it is a legal way to get funds into the hands of Dave's listeners who are highly conscious
    it will honor the original intention of the Bretton Woods agreement (Keenan mentions this as well)
    it is a way to spread the money around to stabilize the economy
    it is part of the process of freeing us from the financial slavery we have been subjected to for thousands of years
    it will rehydrate the global financial system with clean money versus the fiat
    it is part of the restructuring of the global financial system
    it will soften the coming economic crash
    it will create jobs
    it is a way to bypass corrupt governments and corporations and get funds directly to people with humanitarian projects (via an escrow account)
Why reward speculators? Dave says this is something that people have been waiting for. It is already within their frame of reference. There is less fear in doing it this way than through other methods.

Does this make sense? No, it sound like a politician / salesman talking. Lots of buzz phrases and feel good terms.

What will the buyers do with the currency? Dave says that is a private matter.

If the Dragons did exist, they would just set up their own foundation, which can grant funds to other already existing foundations that are doing good things in the world. They could also invite anyone to submit their project to receive a grant. If they met initial objectives, they could receive further funding.

I think Dave is being taken for a ride by a confidence ring who like to pretend they are rich and powerful, but are simply con men/women. Dave bought the Ambassador's story, hook, line and sinker. Even with all the documents Dave saw and trips to China that he made, nothing has come of it, other than the Ambassador collecting fees for workshops and project pitches. Now it is a different Family (or so Dave thinks - the one with real power and money). It could simply be another arm of the same con ring.

It will be interesting to see what the real play is here - will they come up with back end fees? Otherwise, what is the point of it all? To mess with people?

Or I am completely out to lunch and Dave is on the leading edge of freeing humanity from financial slavery :-D

BruceHollandRogers

Post by BruceHollandRogers » Fri Aug 19, 2016 4:01 pm

I appreciate that the benefits of banking are enormous, at least in a growing economy. But I wonder if some of the magical thinking about money isn't partly a consequence of a system where banks can create money by lending more than what they take in as deposits. That is, the reality of money is a bit magical, so maybe it's not too surprising if people understand enough banking to say, "Well, if that works, and if quantitative easing works, then these other ideas that sound weird might work, too."

If we traded with precious metals, then maybe all the magical thinking would tend toward alchemy.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:46 pm

BruceHollandRogers wrote:I appreciate that the benefits of banking are enormous, at least in a growing economy. But I wonder if some of the magical thinking about money isn't partly a consequence of a system where banks can create money by lending more than what they take in as deposits. That is, the reality of money is a bit magical, so maybe it's not too surprising if people understand enough banking to say, "Well, if that works, and if quantitative easing works, then these other ideas that sound weird might work, too."

If we traded with precious metals, then maybe all the magical thinking would tend toward alchemy.
MAYBE because your/their magical thinking is just quite simply WRONG. Banks cannot by law lend more than they have assets for. Simplified, a bank can only loan up to a set, by law, portion of their assets, for simplicity's sake we'll say 90%, so if they have $100,000 in deposits, which is where the majority of a bank's money comes from, and they have $300,000 in capitol, they can have at loan $360,000 dollars at any one time. Some of those loans will be short term and the money will go out and come back in pretty short order, some of them will be long term, like mortgages. The point being is that they can only lend what they have on hand either literally in their vault, or on deposit in ledger form. The trick is to make good enough loans that they are paying back to the bank, interest and fees, enough to meet the banks expenses, heat, light, salaries, dividends, etc, and to pay the interest on the demand accounts they hold for their customers. Now in any given scenario, there will be a certain proportion of loans that will simply go bad for one reason or another, and so the bank has a set aside fund to cover those losses, but when that happens, it reduces the bank’s capitol and the amount of money the bank can loan, so not a good situation. When a bank loans out too much of its assets and they all turn up bad then they record a loss, major loss usually, and if that loss is big enough, then the bank closes because it can no longer meet its obligations, paying interest to its depositors, and usually being able to pay off their depositors, and at that point the bank goes in to receivership to either be liquidated or sold to another bank willing to take over the deposits and some of the liabilities. I have seen many cases where ONLY the assets were sold to the new bank, and then for only pennies on the dollar since the new owner was going to take a hit covering those deposits any way. Banks do not, at least ones acting legally, loan out more than they have assets and reserves for. The people who do not understand this are also the ones who do not understand how to use a checkbook, so it is no real surprise.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:07 pm

Red Panda wrote:Dave Schmidt says there will be no public RV. Instead, he is inviting folks to participate in a private currency exchange that will be funded by the Dragon Family (the Golden Dragons, as the Red Dragons and the Ambassador turned out to be all talk and no action). The currency holder sells their currency to the buyer for an agreed upon price. There is a breakdown of how the funds will be paid out: 20% to the participant, 20% to administration and 60% to an escrow account. The participant will have one year to direct the funds in the escrow account into an existing humanitarian project or submit one of their own. Business plans will be required.

The rate has been quoted as $5 per dinar and $5 per dong. The question is why would the buyer buy currency at such an inflated price? Dave's answer is:
  • it is a legal way to get funds into the hands of Dave's listeners who are highly conscious
    it will honor the original intention of the Bretton Woods agreement (Keenan mentions this as well)
    it is a way to spread the money around to stabilize the economy
    it is part of the process of freeing us from the financial slavery we have been subjected to for thousands of years
    it will rehydrate the global financial system with clean money versus the fiat
    it is part of the restructuring of the global financial system
    it will soften the coming economic crash
    it will create jobs
    it is a way to bypass corrupt governments and corporations and get funds directly to people with humanitarian projects (via an escrow account)
Why reward speculators? Dave says this is something that people have been waiting for. It is already within their frame of reference. There is less fear in doing it this way than through other methods.

Does this make sense? No, it sound like a politician / salesman talking. Lots of buzz phrases and feel good terms.

What will the buyers do with the currency? Dave says that is a private matter.

If the Dragons did exist, they would just set up their own foundation, which can grant funds to other already existing foundations that are doing good things in the world. They could also invite anyone to submit their project to receive a grant. If they met initial objectives, they could receive further funding.

I think Dave is being taken for a ride by a confidence ring who like to pretend they are rich and powerful, but are simply con men/women. Dave bought the Ambassador's story, hook, line and sinker. Even with all the documents Dave saw and trips to China that he made, nothing has come of it, other than the Ambassador collecting fees for workshops and project pitches. Now it is a different Family (or so Dave thinks - the one with real power and money). It could simply be another arm of the same con ring.

It will be interesting to see what the real play is here - will they come up with back end fees? Otherwise, what is the point of it all? To mess with people?

Or I am completely out to lunch and Dave is on the leading edge of freeing humanity from financial slavery :-D

I will bet you a hundred trillion zim that something comes up and no buyer will ever pay $5 for a dinar or a dong. Now, if we were talking about a fully loaded bong, that would be another matter.

Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:28 pm

Oh, sure, they think I'm gonna sell my dong for only $5? Hah!

Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:04 pm

The conspiracy site known as RAP NESARA has given President Trump his marching orders: http://nesaranews.blogspot.com/
Orders to CEO/President Donald J. Trump

You ask what We THE People want, we are telling you.
Immediately deliver Ambassador Leo Wanta's money to him [$27.5 trillion]
Immediately end inland piracy and prosecution of victimless crimes
Immediately end direct apportioned tax against the people
Enforce the original 13th Amendment

Signed: We THE People 
The origin of this myth/lie is not clear to me, nor is it clear to me how this Web site has gained the authority to speak for "We THE People"

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:35 pm

I have read a bit on the inter web. As I remember it, Leo Wanta claims to have been a special appointee of Ronald Regan with authority for trillions. He also claims to have been Somalia's ambassador to Canada.

Leaving aside that Somalia had no effective government at the time, it seems unlikely that a sovereign country would appoint a non citizen to an ambassadorship.

He appears to have done time in Wisconsin.

The fawning masses hang on his every word.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Fri Mar 17, 2017 2:53 pm

Orders to CEO/President Donald J. Trump

You ask what us, da Poople wants, listen up good now.
Immediately fork over the Most High and Righteous Leo Wanta's
money to him [$297.5 mega-zillion] and a pony farting rainbows,
no more landlubber pirates, admiralty courts, fringey flags, etc.
and no fair prosecutin’ us fer crimes we want to get away with,
oh, and we don’t want to pay no taxes (like we ever did),
& enforce our loony alternate 13th Amendment, dammit.

Signed: Mott THE Poople 

The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Mar 20, 2017 6:35 am

Leo Wanta is another of those legends in someone's mind. Every time the story gets told it grows, kind of like Pinocchio's :liar: nose, to which it bears a strong resemblance.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon Mar 20, 2017 10:17 am

Yes. Wanta does exist and spent some time in an accommodation furnished by (Wisconsin?). I have seen quotes of his worth as high as in the $50 trillions. And his is not an especially large fortune in this milieu; St. Germain may have a serious multiple of that.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:25 pm

TollandRCR wrote:Yes. Wanta does exist and spent some time in an accommodation furnished by (Wisconsin?). I have seen quotes of his worth as high as in the $50 trillions. And his is not an especially large fortune in this milieu; St. Germain may have a serious multiple of that.
The people spreading the belief that Wanta is worth that kind of money are obviously innumerate. The total market value of all stocks on the US exchanges is something like $30 trillion, and the total value of all companies whose stocks trade anywhere in the world is a number that looks to be around $80 trillion. So to say that Wanta is personally worth more than the largest companies in the US combined is just all sorts of ludicrous, even if his assets are principally in dinars that haven't yet been revalued or in gold that he can't actually lay his hand on.

While there are plenty of people doing a lot of work to hide the plundered billions of corrupt world leaders looting their countries, it's possible to launder a few tens of billions of dollars, though it takes a lot of work and a lot of time. As someone who is a professional investment manager, I submit that it would be impossible to hide a $50 trillion pile of cash or convert it from $50 trillion of a single asset class into other stuff without destroying global market valuations. Imagine what happens when you dump $50 trillion of gold into a commodity futures market that's used to selling futures against $100 billion in annual gold production... The price of gold would go to a few dollars an ounce if the seller wanted to liquidate his holdings entirely in a reasonable time frame. Either that or if the goal were to liquidate it in a way that retains price stability, it would take centuries to liquidate such a hoard.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Mon Mar 20, 2017 12:38 pm

John,

You are trying to apply logic. Logic, like facts, is too much for the dinar revision/NESARA crowd's brains.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Tue Mar 21, 2017 2:33 pm

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:John,

You are trying to apply logic. Logic, like facts, is too much for the dinar revision/NESARA crowd's brains.
:yeah:

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Tue Apr 11, 2017 7:43 pm

To all you unbelievers. :puker:

From NESARA- REPUBLIC NOW - GALACTIC NEWS

Tuesday, April 11, 2017
FROM OUR PERSONAL SOURCE... AS OF 4AM TODAY....

ANNOUNCED RV RATES
AS OF 4AM Tuesday 4/11/17

ZIM...........................$2.75
VND..........................$15.00 PLUS
IQD...........................$20.00 PLUS
IDR...........................$15.00 PLUS
AFGHANISTAN ......$10.00 PLUS

As rates change frequently and differ from one source to another, no comments are being accepted.
Just wait a few minutes - the rates will change!

Posted by Popeye at 6:24:00 PM
No comments:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Apr 12, 2017 10:45 pm

Disappear you mean. ...

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Tue Aug 08, 2017 10:38 pm

Apparently, the latest justification for postponing the Global Currency Reset was the down-vote on repealing Obamacare. The loons are threatening to recall the Senators that voted against repeal. Yeah, that'll happen.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue Aug 08, 2017 11:31 pm

Just when I think the NESARA crowd can't get any stupider, they prove me wrong.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Aug 09, 2017 10:41 am

All I can say is, after following these types of loons, I now understand how so many people managed to convince themselves that Beanie Babies were a valuable commodity worth 'investing' in.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”