Gavin Seim

Northland10

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by Northland10 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:17 pm

Maybenaut wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:40 am
scirreeve wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:28 am
Gav heard back from Facebook. "FBI case number"? Seims odd.
Gavin Seim
13 hrs ·
Received word back from Facebook with the FBI case number and court Of record for the information they gave up on me. Looks like it was not fake.

This is why you NEVER say anything you don’t want public on Facebook. They will do ZERO to protect your privacy.
I'm calling bullshit.

ETA: That, or Gav's getting phished.
I have done some checking on other instances of this type of email (including HATJ). I am inclined to believe it is legit. I don't like how they word the email but it matches with other instances including FB responding with the information about the requestor.

That being said, this does not mean Gav was the focus of the investigation. He may have had dealings with the subject this causing the FBI to want related data. The request was also a while back and he is just being informed now. It may be due to the Bundy stuff.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Jcolvin2

Post by Jcolvin2 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 1:50 pm

The non-disclosure obligation is a bit unusual. While the normal grand jury rules do not impose secrecy obligations on witnesses, Congress has imposed non-disclosure obligations for certain limited classes of crimes, and enacted statutes permitting courts to issue non-disclosure orders in certain situations. See 12 USC Secs. 3409, 3413(i) and 3420(b) (Right to Financial Privacy Act); 18 USC Sec. 2705(b) (permitting order to delay revealing request to subscribers for info under the Stored Communication Act ("SCA"));18 USC Sec. 1510(b). Courts also have inherent authority to issue non-disclosure orders under the All Writs Act (on application by the government) when necessary to protect and investigation. 28 USC Sec. 1651.

If there was a legit request to FB, dollars to donuts it was an SCA application.

arayder

Post by arayder » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:42 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 12:17 pm
. . .this does not mean Gav was the focus of the investigation. He may have had dealings with the subject this causing the FBI to want related data. The request was also a while back and he is just being informed now. It may be due to the Bundy stuff.
Gavin would love to be the victim here and then pretend that some sort of poot brilliance on his part will back down the mean old feds.

The question I have is how long it is before Gavvy's Facebook friends get the idea that being on Gavvy's Facebook page gets you in the sights of the FBI?

The more conspiracy minded among them might even figure that Gavvy's progressed from getting arrested poots put in solitary by threatening their jailers to serving as a data miner for the feds. The same feds who have let Gavin languish in Mexico so he can gather information on the poot community?

What's the deal, Gavin? You get to live in Mexico long after your visa expires as long as you cough up data on your Facebook friends?

--------------
Dope Clock: Gavin Seim's Mexican visitor visa expired 216 days ago.
“Protecting our border is critical and the lack of accountability we see there is criminal. First we institute real security. We secure the border. Next we don't hand out amnesty to illegals. It's time bring order to the border.” -Gavin Seim

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:48 pm

arayder wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:42 pm
Northland10 wrote:
. . .this does not mean Gav was the focus of the investigation. He may have had dealings with the subject this causing the FBI to want related data. The request was also a while back and he is just being informed now. It may be due to the Bundy stuff.
Gavin would love to be the victim here and then pretend that some sort of poot brilliance on his part will back down the mean old feds.

The question I have is how long it is before Gavvy's Facebook friends get the idea that being on Gavvvy's Facebook page gets you in the sights of the FBI?

The more conspiracy minded among them might even figure that Gavvy's progressed from getting arrested poots put in solitary by threatening their jailers to serving as a data miner for the feds. The same feds who have let Gavin languish in Mexico so he can gather information on the poot community?

What's the deal, Gavin? You get to live in Mexico long after your visa expires as long as you cough up data on your Facebook friends?

--------------
Arader, that idea seems entirely plausible.

arayder

Post by arayder » Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:22 pm

Let's not forget that Gavin said he watched the murder of John Galton in Acapulco "unfold". He said he was in contact with John and his girl friend when the murder happened.

--------------
“Protecting our border is critical and the lack of accountability we see there is criminal. First we institute real security. We secure the border. Next we don't hand out amnesty to illegals. It's time bring order to the border.” -Gavin Seim

Whip

Post by Whip » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:02 pm

I have no doubt he's a rat.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:09 pm

arayder wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:22 pm
Let's not forget that Gavin said he watched the murder of John Galton in Acapulco "unfold". He said he was in contact with John and his girl friend when the murder happened.
Indeed, he may very well be in contact with the killer/s. I am sure the powers that be (the FBI at the very least) are keeping a close eye on his communications. Phone, social media, etc.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:14 pm

...The legal process was accompanied by an order that prohibited us from disclosing information about the case until a specific time had expired and we were legally required to produce the records specified in the demand.
In a recent case reported in the local news it was noted that law enforcement did this. They got a court order requiring FB to provide information from a suspect's account, and the order also prohibited FB from notifying the account holder about the LE request until a certain date.
I've heard this bull before.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:31 pm

It also possible that he knew about the process and faked the email for attention.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:42 pm

Northland10 wrote:
Maybenaut wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:40 am
scirreeve wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:28 am
Gav heard back from Facebook. "FBI case number"? Seims odd.
I'm calling bullshit.

ETA: That, or Gav's getting phished.
I have done some checking on other instances of this type of email (including HATJ). I am inclined to believe it is legit. I don't like how they word the email but it matches with other instances including FB responding with the information about the requestor.

That being said, this does not mean Gav was the focus of the investigation. He may have had dealings with the subject this causing the FBI to want related data. The request was also a while back and he is just being informed now. It may be due to the Bundy stuff.
Very true. Many years ago I was contacted by an FBI agent asking questions about my interaction with someone with whom I had a very brief encounter. It had nothing to do with me or anything I had done, the person I had interacted with was the subject of an investigation. It's also the reason I know from personal experience that the FBI does not put you "under oath" during an investigation. That happens in a courtroom, not during law enforcement investigation. They do inform you that you are required to be truthful and that you can be prosecuted if you lie, but they do not pull a bible out of their briefcase and have you take an oath.

It used to irk me when people tried to say that HRC was "not under oath" when speaking to the FBI, therefore, something bad. No, nincompoop, the FBI (and every level of law enforcement that I'm aware of) doesn't put you under oath to answer questions during an investigation.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

arayder

Post by arayder » Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:56 pm

Azastan wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:09 pm
arayder wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 4:22 pm
Indeed, he may very well be in contact with the killer/s. I am sure the powers that be (the FBI at the very least) are keeping a close eye on his communications. Phone, social media, etc.
Seim's problem is that he ends up telling every arrested or accused/charged person he comes in contact with that they didn't commit a crime, or that what they did isn't really a crime. This means that he draws people looking for an excuse for their crimes like feces draws flies.

I figure the authorities don't care who Gavin is talking to as long as it's poots trying to beat the rap on traffic tickets or spittin' on the sidewalk charges.

My guess is that Gavvy encountered somebody who did a really serious crime and despite Seim's claims of brilliance he ended up unwittingly extracting information that will sent that person to jail.

If that's the case and it gets out Gavin will be considered even more toxic than he is now.

--------------

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:35 pm

The type of message is no doubt legit. The wording, however, has a spammy feel. Plus I get the feeling Gavin is really, really, really insignificant

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 8:41 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:35 pm
The wording, however, has a spammy feel.
Yes, it does... I have wondered if they did that intentionally hoping people would ignore it.

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:01 am

Remember when Gavin was calling the prison holding Schaeffer Cox

and Matt (Thompson?) ended up getting arrested (or whatever) cuz they mixed them up?

If I am remembering right.
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:11 am

Dolly wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:01 am
Remember when Gavin was calling the prison holding Schaeffer Cox

and Matt (Thompson?) ended up getting arrested (or whatever) cuz they mixed them up?

If I am remembering right.
Almost right - it was Weinhaus, not Cox. Matt is now offering to come to Utah to pootest for Ponzi Claud. Don't know if he will or not. Matt got banned from visiting Whine House for a year after that. Thanks Gav!

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Wed Jun 12, 2019 1:43 am

Gav and Jenn having a FB fight (Jenn is the poot that let Barbeau stay at their place after he was released from prison).
Gavin Seim
2 hrs ·
Just gonna say it... If you believe in locking people in small concrete boxes for years, for any reason. You don’t believe in Jesus and you don’t believe in justice.

Jenn Cannon So, if a serial killer rapist who never was captured until he kidnapped and held your daughter against her will beating her and raping her everyday until she died like he had done so many times before but with new age technology he was finally caught... You'd be ok if he just got a couple years behind bars and let free? Please help me understand?

Gavin Seim Jenn Cannon what do you misunderstand. How would locking a man in a box to suffer bring justice of reflect Christ?
There is historical and currently working examples of prisons that treat people like humans, let them have community and have a vastly higher rehabilitation rate than US style prisons designed to create repeat crime and keep the prisons full for money.
Hide or report this

Jenn Cannon Gavin Seim I'm not necessarily saying it does. But what would you say is an appropriate punishment?

Gavin Seim Jenn Cannon you can’t find justice until your willing to stop injustice regardless of your feelings.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:15 am

How manly. He dodges the question.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:30 am

arayder wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:56 pm
:snippity:

Seim's problem is that he ends up telling every arrested or accused/charged person he comes in contact with that they didn't commit a crime, or that what they did isn't really a crime. This means that he draws people looking for an excuse for their crimes like feces draws flies.

I figure the authorities don't care who Gavin is talking to as long as it's poots trying to beat the rap on traffic tickets or spittin' on the sidewalk charges.

My guess is that Gavvy encountered somebody who did a really serious crime and despite Seim's claims of brilliance he ended up unwittingly extracting information that will sent that person to jail.

I think you may be on to something here. Gav's little misdemeanor charges don't amount to a hill of beans, and the FBI would not be the least bit interested in him, unless there is something we don't know about. None of us knew about Moo's moonlighting. Gav could be up to things that we know nothing about. But, I really doubt there is anything the FBI is looking at Gav about. I also suspect they are more interested in someone that Gav has been known to be in contact with.

I have a feeling the FBI interest in Gav is probably more likely to be similar to my experience when the FBI walked into my office asking for me. Had nothing whatsoever to do with me, they simply wanted information about someone I had had a minor interaction with. To this day I don't even know what they were investigating him for.

Gav thinks he's so important it doesn't surprise me that he jumps to the conclusion that the FBI must be investigating him. It probably would never occur to him that this could possibly be about one of the many criminals, petty and otherwise, that hover around him. Or the murder of an American citizen in Mexico that Gav openly posted and bragged that he may have some inside knowledge about.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea » Wed Jun 12, 2019 5:12 am

Could be that he is selling photo's on the dark web. :sick:

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:07 am

RVInit wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:42 pm
No, nincompoop, the FBI (and every level of law enforcement that I'm aware of) doesn't put you under oath to answer questions during an investigation.
I don’t have any experience with the FBI. But I have a great deal of experience with the Air Force OSI, the Army CID, The Navy NCIS, and the Coast Guard CGIS. They all use sworn statements in their investigations. All of them.

That doesn’t necessarily mean that every single person they talk to is going to be put under oath, but inmy experience, just about every witness who testifies for the government who had already given a statement to law-enforcement, that prior statement was under oath.

And the reason they do it is obvious. They want to lock the witness into the testimony. They don’t want them changing their story at trial.
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson

arayder

Post by arayder » Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 am

RVInit wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 3:30 am
arayder wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 6:56 pm

. . .My guess is that Gavvy encountered somebody who did a really serious crime and despite Seim's claims of brilliance he ended up unwittingly extracting information that will sent that person to jail.

. . . Gav could be up to things that we know nothing about. But, I really doubt there is anything the FBI is looking at Gav about. I also suspect they are more interested in someone that Gav has been known to be in contact with.

. . .Gav thinks he's so important it doesn't surprise me that he jumps to the conclusion that the FBI must be investigating him. It probably would never occur to him that this could possibly be about one of the many criminals, petty and otherwise, that hover around him. Or the murder of an American citizen in Mexico that Gav openly posted and bragged that he may have some inside knowledge about.

In a few days when the "we-hate-the-feds" feelings start to wear off some of Gavin's friends and subscribers are going to realize that visiting, messaging or commenting on his Facebook page or subscribing to his YouTube and Pantheon service is the same thing as making a phone call to a friend who has had his phone tapped.

--------------
Dope Clock: Gavin Seim's Mexican visitor visa expired 217 days ago.

Whip

Post by Whip » Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:26 am

pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:15 am
the whole thing is being built up to give him a pass when he finally gets caught.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:12 am

Whip wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:26 am
pipistrelle wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 2:15 am
the whole thing is being built up to give him a pass when he finally gets caught.
Yes.

A case of "you are trying too hard".

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:32 am

pipistrelle wrote:
The type of message is no doubt legit. The wording, however, has a spammy feel.
The message looks legit once you realize that it's from Facebook, not the law enforcement agency itself. The message is very unclear about who it's from. It doesn't say "Facebook" even once, except in the email address (which of course can be faked, and often are in spam messages).

If that's really how Facebook notifies people whose private information has been requested by law enforcement, then my opinion of them has dropped even lower than it was already. The message is so reminiscent of spam that it almost looks intentional.
This bramble need not be traversed.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:45 am

TheNewSaint wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 10:32 am
pipistrelle wrote:
The type of message is no doubt legit. The wording, however, has a spammy feel.
The message looks legit once you realize that it's from Facebook, not the law enforcement agency itself. The message is very unclear about who it's from. It doesn't say "Facebook" even once, except in the email address (which of course can be faked, and often are in spam messages).

If that's really how Facebook notifies people whose private information has been requested by law enforcement, then my opinion of them has dropped even lower than it was already. The message is so reminiscent of spam that it almost looks intentional.
That’s why I think it’s spam/phishing. The concept of the message is conceivable, but a billion-dollar company’s attorneys would write a much better message. I’m still in the BS camp.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”