Gavin Seim

Azastan

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by Azastan »

Whip wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:34 pm

Isn't his family's business flooring? The hardwood floors look like scraps thrown together. I see no long runs of a standard length.
It's meant to be a 'rustic' look. I don't think it's hardwood, it looks more like laminate.

What's truly sad is that this:
Water heater is an 80gal tank instead of 50gal for longer showers.
is mentioned as a selling point.

Only one photo of the back garden and you don't get much of a look at the actual yard.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Azastan wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:39 pm
Whip wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:34 pm Isn't his family's business flooring? The hardwood floors look like scraps thrown together. I see no long runs of a standard length.
It's meant to be a 'rustic' look. I don't think it's hardwood, it looks more like laminate.
But the exterior is also pretty ugly (and not at all rustic). Flat, and painted a flat brown to emphasize how featureless it is.
Azastan

Post by Azastan »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:55 pm
Azastan wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:39 pm
Whip wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:34 pm Isn't his family's business flooring? The hardwood floors look like scraps thrown together. I see no long runs of a standard length.
But the exterior is also pretty ugly (and not at all rustic). Flat, and painted a flat brown to emphasize how featureless it is.
Yes, and just outside the unweeded and unloved back yard is miles of sagebrush. Now, I appreciate sagebrush, but to most people, it's not a very appealing landscape. Whoever got this place ready for sale did a terrible job. There's no appeal there at all.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Northland10 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:37 pm Though Zillow is giving it a $183K value, I would predict he may only get $170K.
Zillow would value a ten-dollar bill at at least $11.50.
This bramble need not be traversed.
arayder

Post by arayder »

Northland10 wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:37 pm Though Zillow is giving it a $183K value, I would predict he may only get $170K.
The "loss" has already begun being explained away. On Youtube and Facebook Seimites are telling Gavin he can count on the evil powers that be in Washington state using their authority to drive the price of the house way down.

It couldn't be that showing the house poorly had anything to do with it!
maydijo

Post by maydijo »

I thought the movie screen was a whiteboard. I figured Gav probably used it in his rants, and they used it to homeschool their kids. silly me, Gav is too busy making stuff up to actually write any of it down, and like they actually give their kids an education!
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

arayder wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:37 pm The "loss" has already begun being explained away.

It couldn't be that showing the house poorly had anything to do with it!
Or that the listing is only four days old.
Whip

Post by Whip »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 4:08 pm I'm befuddled about why the agent is showing the back yard. It looks like a vacant lot.
looks like camp hepititis. I was looking for poots squatting behind the weeds.
maydijo

Post by maydijo »

I don't get the bits of blue trim outside. It looks like someone forgot to remove the painter's tape.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Gav whines because real photographers don't like Gav. He says it because they are cowards or something, not because he is a terrible photographer and totally obnoxious.
For years many in my #photography industry have avoided me and excused themselves from honor, telling me I should be silent because I am offensive and hurting the business.

I REFUSE to join a world of cowardice where being silent in the face of human abuse is considered smart and speaking up for your fellow man is called foolish. The greatest role of artists is to show the world a vision of what is, or what could be. It’s not always pretty or accepted but at the end of the day, the right must come before the bottom line. I pray God will honor that commitment in all us.
nancydrew

Post by nancydrew »

Try looking it the address up on google maps and check out the street view! Undeveloped lot directly across the street from their house. several other empty lots Although the houses seem newer, doesn’t look like people are jumping at the chance to build there.
For crooks who masquerade as patriots, the attraction of an audience that already believes in the wildest conspiracy theories is just too good to pass up.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

scirreeve wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:46 pm Gav whines because real photographers don't like Gav. He says it because they are cowards or something, not because he is a terrible photographer and totally obnoxious.
For years many in my #photography industry have avoided me and excused themselves from honor, telling me I should be silent because I am offensive and hurting the business.

I REFUSE to join a world of cowardice where being silent in the face of human abuse is considered smart and speaking up for your fellow man is called foolish. The greatest role of artists is to show the world a vision of what is, or what could be. It’s not always pretty or accepted but at the end of the day, the right must come before the bottom line. I pray God will honor that commitment in all us.
Actually, real photographers have never heard of Gav.
Azastan

Post by Azastan »

There are hundreds, nay, thousands of photographers out there, and I imagine they don't give a fig about Gavin Seim. Offensive and hurting the business? How?
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Azastan wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:00 am
There are hundreds, nay, thousands of photographers out there, and I imagine they don't give a fig about Gavin Seim. Offensive and hurting the business? How?
He might be referring to that photography blog that interviewed Gav. Got so many negative comments the post was taken down. Just a guess but I hope it is true. Was a 3 or 4 months ago IIRC. If true good job commenters.
arayder

Post by arayder »

My guess is that Gavin couldn't act apolitical around clients. So the poor client who had a "Top Republican Fund Raiser - 2008" plaque on his wall got a lecture on Seim political correctness. Just a guess.

Azatan and pipistrelle are probably right above. The industry didn't care anymore than plumbers care about the crazy ass plumber who insists upon yammering about Obama's birth certificate while he installs toilets.

But any partners Seim may have had in joint efforts were probably upset. . ."Hey, Gavin, shut the hell up when you're around the folks at Imbibe Gallery. The owner's brother is a cop in Seattle and she doesn't like the blue isis stuff. We got a lot riding on this, so bite your tongue, for God's sake!"

Then there's local photographers who probably got tired of telling potential clients, "We aren't the crazy one."

All speculation on my part.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

scirreeve wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:46 pm Gav whines because real photographers don't like Gav. He says it because they are cowards or something, not because he is a terrible photographer and totally obnoxious.
His photos reek of amateur equipment. I know some pros, and the difference is readily apparent. Also, all Gavin's pictures are of things he likes, rather than things anyone would pay him to shoot.
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

nancydrew wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 11:49 pm Try looking it the address up on google maps and check out the street view! Undeveloped lot directly across the street from their house. several other empty lots Although the houses seem newer, doesn’t look like people are jumping at the chance to build there.
The street view is several years old. The lot across the street now has a house on it, as do a couple others nearby. The development is slowly adding houses. It is not a large town nor is it near a large town so I find nothing unexpected about the development, except maybe that there is a development that has been continuing to add houses since the great recession (his was built in 2009).

I based my estimate off of the sales in the last couple of years. Though not a well-done showing, he is showing this house in a small town, not a suburb of Seattle.
North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Northland10 wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 7:19 am (his was built in 2009).
Which means Gavin has little equity in it, and would not make much from a sale.i

Unless mommy and daddy ponied up a huge amount of money to buy it, in which case i wonder how they feel about Gavin cashing in such a tremendous gift.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

TheNewSaint wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:59 am
Which means Gavin has little equity in it, and would not make much from a sale.i

Unless mommy and daddy ponied up a huge amount of money to buy it, in which case i wonder how they feel about Gavin cashing in such a tremendous gift.
They're good with it as long as he propagates the Seim cult where their interpretation of Scripture is the only one.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I looked a little more at Google Earth (yes, even though the images are dated) and I can honestly say all that brown and all that cramming in of flatly painted lookalike boxes houses dominated by garages would depress the heck out of me. I'd want to run away to Mexico too.
Azastan

Post by Azastan »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:39 am
TheNewSaint wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 8:59 am

They're good with it as long as he propagates the Seim cult where their interpretation of Scripture is the only one.
Grant Seim is good with it as long as he propagates the Grant Seim cult where Grant's interpretation of scripture is the only one.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

The house is supposedly owned 50/50 by Gavin/Sondra & his parents Grant/Sue. I'm sure Gavin would have no qualms about taking whatever capital is available. Would selling the house and passing any of the proceeds to Slime be aiding the subject of a bench warrant?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:39 am They're good with it as long as he propagates the Seim cult where their interpretation of Scripture is the only one.
I'm sure they are, but their financial resources must have some limit. This 6-month vacation has got to be costing them big money. Especially as much as they go out to dinner and travel to parks.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

TheNewSaint wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:00 pm
pipistrelle wrote: Sun Apr 22, 2018 9:39 am They're good with it as long as he propagates the Seim cult where their interpretation of Scripture is the only one.
I'm sure they are, but their financial resources must have some limit. This 6-month vacation has got to be costing them big money. Especially as much as they go out to dinner and travel to parks.
No question. That's why I suspect the house is suddenly for sale.

Of course, a great photographer who ventured outside the tourist areas of Mexico might pick up a nice assignment or sale to something like NatGeo or Smithsonian magazine.
Turtle

Post by Turtle »

Whip wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:34 pm
DejaMoo wrote: Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:05 pm Has anybody else gone to look at the photos of Gavin's listing on Zillow yet?

Talk about a dump. There's damage on at least one of the walls I've seen so far, and instead of a home theatre room, he's just hung a cheap-ass projector screen on the wall right next to the kitchen. Mr. AV expert couldn't even come up with the cash for a retractable ceiling mount screen or a portable pull-up screen. Of course, those cost from the low hundreds to the low thousands. Gavin's projector screen can be had for thirty five bucks. Bathroom's a budget build, too. And the carpet in one room is so worn and beat, it'll need replacing. As for the back yard, it's just pitiful.

I'd say, living in an RV after that house looks to be a step up for the family.
Isn't his family's business flooring? The hardwood floors look like scraps thrown together. I see no long runs of a standard length.
It's laminate. If it were real strip, they wouldn't install pieces that short in the middle of the floor like that. I used to work at a place that made the real stuff, it was milled at random length but anything shorter than 8" gets rejected. This because the wood expands and contracts based on the climate, and small pieces in the middle of the floor can't absorb that amount of stress, especially with people walking on it. They would eventually pop out.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”