Gavin Seim

Maybenaut

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by Maybenaut »

Techno Luddite wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:08 pm Is it just me, or does his wife have the kind of look on her face, that you typically see on the faces of significant others who are having a hard time processing the crazy that is taking place? And maybe looking a little bit scared and concerned?
Like Helen Mirren in Mosquito Coast?

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

TheNewSaint wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:34 pm Ok, let me get this straight: yesterday Gavin didn't know how to ask for the bathroom with the help of a translator, and today he's giving law lectures to police officers at checkpoints?
Yep.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Kendra wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:41 pm
TheNewSaint wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:34 pm Ok, let me get this straight: yesterday Gavin didn't know how to ask for the bathroom with the help of a translator, and today he's giving law lectures to police officers at checkpoints?
Yep.
Well, gee whiz, that's a little hard to believe, isn't it? It's almost as if Gavin isn't telling the truth, or something.

This bramble need not be traversed.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

It is too funny. Going into another country and proceeding to lecture the police on what they can and cannot do.

Michael J

Post by Michael J »

Jeebus, is this idiot for real?

"The genius of the Constitution rests not in any static meaning it might have had in a world dead and gone, but in the adaptability of its great principles to cope with current problems and current needs." - Justice William J. Brennan, Jr.
Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Gabbin is responding to comments on his video about the checkpoint. Example:
Dave Powe You are a guest in their country. Their rights are not the same as our rights.
Please remember this when you are visiting another country.
1 hr

Gavin Seim for Liberty Their rights are exactly the same as our rights. Being a guest does not mean being molested. Try standing up for freedom and see how it feels.
31 mins

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp
nancydrew

Post by nancydrew »

Dolly wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:22 pm Gabbin is responding to comments on his video about the checkpoint. Example:
Dave Powe You are a guest in their country. Their rights are not the same as our rights.
1 hr

Gavin Seim for Liberty Their rights are exactly the same as our rights. Being a guest does not mean being molested. Try standing up for freedom and see how it feels.
31 mins
Lol not enough to stand up in court for his version of rights and freedoms.

For crooks who masquerade as patriots, the attraction of an audience that already believes in the wildest conspiracy theories is just too good to pass up.
Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

He is an idiot par excellence. His luck is going to run out and when it does......

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Havent watched the video, but I have a totally unresearched feeling that the police officer was an actor. Either that of he figured this idiot gringo tourist would be out of the country in a couple of weeks and it wasn't worth the paperwork or ruining the childrens' holiday over.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Suranis wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:49 am Havent watched the video, but I have a totally unresearched feeling that the police officer was an actor. Either that of he figured this idiot gringo tourist would be out of the country in a couple of weeks and it wasn't worth the paperwork or ruining the childrens' holiday over.
Or not what he was looking for. e.g. a gang that has just busted out of jail. Yes, this is just a "routine" stop but really today we aren't interested in stupid American tourists. Next time may be very different.

Trump appoints Incitatus to lead corona virus response.
#KingDonaldsPlague
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

DejaMoo wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 9:16 am In the end, it comes down to money: how much it's worth for Seim and Santilli to keep pursuing this. Is the few bucks Seim earned worth the risk of getting hit with a judgment; can Santilli even afford to file suit on this, especially given what legal bills he must already be stuck with, and that collecting a judgment from Seim would probably be difficult.
I also question whether Santilli has a real case here. If it's police bodycam footage, he certainly didn't shoot it himself, so someone else might have also have a claim. It's possible that Santill provided commentary and/or editing sufficient to make a claim, but that's never a slam dunk argument. (Disclaimer: i have not seen the footage in question.)

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Suranis wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:49 am Havent watched the video, but I have a totally unresearched feeling that the police officer was an actor.
Yeah, I've seen more believable dialogue in infomercials. "Gee, Bob, can the Salad Shooter(TM) really stretch my food dollar and make delectable edibles?"

I'm not Joey Ramone
Occupation: I put the autism germ in vaccines. Mix up the chemtrail juice & broker stolen uranium to Russians. Your tax dollars pay for it all.

Post by I'm not Joey Ramone »

TheNewSaint wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 2:13 am
Suranis wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:49 am Havent watched the video, but I have a totally unresearched feeling that the police officer was an actor.
Yeah, I've seen more believable dialogue in infomercials. "Gee, Bob, can the Salad Shooter(TM) really stretch my food dollar and make delectable edibles?"
Haven't seen the video either but I've been to Mexico about a hundred zillion times & I think it's far more likely Gav befriended a cop who agreed to play act in his video than Gav found a cop willing to let him lecture him about his job without kicking his gringo ass.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Suranis wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 12:49 am Havent watched the video, but I have a totally unresearched feeling that the police officer was an actor. Either that of he figured this idiot gringo tourist would be out of the country in a couple of weeks and it wasn't worth the paperwork or ruining the childrens' holiday over.
That police officer was once living longer in the USA or Canada. He speaks very well English. Most likely posted in the border regions cause just of such stupid tourists like this sleim.The sovcit arrest was not far off, but the guy was really on lookout for drunk driving.

boots

Post by boots »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 6:36 pm
Techno Luddite wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 5:08 pm Is it just me, or does his wife have the kind of look on her face, that you typically see on the faces of significant others who are having a hard time processing the crazy that is taking place? And maybe looking a little bit scared and concerned?
Like Helen Mirren in Mosquito Coast?

:lol: Exactly. She looked terrified.

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Dolly wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:22 pm
1 hr

31 mins
Hrm. Well, that actually would be self consistent. Remember he is the type of person who believes rights are divine, so rights can not vary by country, only how much those countries respect his rights.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Especially for Gav, since it is so much safer in Mexico, this just arrived in one of my feeds:
http://www.nydailynews.com/news/world/m ... -1.3713642

Trump appoints Incitatus to lead corona virus response.
#KingDonaldsPlague
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

See also: http://nyp.st/2z61EWc about six dead bodies hanging from a bridge near a resort..

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

He's playing a dangerous game.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
Azastan

Post by Azastan »

RVInit wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:28 pm He's playing a dangerous game.
He lives for danger. He's afraid of NOTHING.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Azastan wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 7:19 pm
RVInit wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 6:28 pm He's playing a dangerous game.
He lives for danger. He's afraid of NOTHING.
He is afraid of nothing except minor court cases, people who can tell him to FOAD.

boots

Post by boots »

neeneko wrote: Thu Dec 21, 2017 4:16 pm
Dolly wrote: Wed Dec 20, 2017 10:22 pm
1 hr

31 mins
Hrm. Well, that actually would be self consistent. Remember he is the type of person who believes rights are divine, so rights can not vary by country, only how much those countries respect his rights.
In a way, it would be, if his point were "all governments are encroaching on my God-given rights under natural law concepts." But that isn't his point. His point is "Mexico protects my God-given rights more than the U.S. does" which is absolutely false. As he'll soon find out.

While it may be possible to have an intellectual debate about whether one's "rights" differ when one crosses a border, it appears to be a settled issue that Gabbin's "natural stupidity" knows no borders.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

:brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall: :brickwallsmall:

Every day is fireworks day in Mexico. And yes those are 4in mortars made locally. Is good to be in a place where your kids can buy mortars. Just teach them good safety.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

My googling shows that fireworks are ILLEGAL in some places in Mexico. Sparklers are allowed but not the blow up stuff.
There seems to be towns with fireworks factories which may make access easier and legal.
Also I am not sure that EVERY DAY is correct either. These stands may come out for holidays like Christmas, New Years and Mexican Independence type celebrations.

Adding a Gabbin comment on one of his Mexican DUI checkpoint posts:
Gavin Seim for Liberty There’s no crime without a victim. That’s how law works.

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

@Dolly, you rock, thanks for that. *steps on soapbox* Not to start a discussion/debate of fireworks and who should have access to them, but I effing hate having to hear them at midnight on the 4th and New Years in a city where they are illegal. Period. Don't I and others who don't stay up late to 'celebrate' have the right to a quiet night sleep? *gets off soapbox*

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”