Gavin Seim

DejaMoo

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by DejaMoo »

Mikedunford wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:25 am Sounds like Santilli is upset because Gavin's attitude toward intellectual property is similar to Gavin's attitude toward property as a whole - my stuff is mine, and your stuff is stuff I can use because #freedumb
Toddler Rules aka Poot/SovCit Rules

1- If I want it, it's mine
2- If it's in my hand, it's mine
3- If I can take it from you, it's mine
4- If I had it a little while ago, it's mine
5- If it's mine, it must never appear to be yours in any way
6- If I'm doing or building something, all the pieces are mine
7- If it just looks like mine, it's mine
8- If I saw it first, it's mine
9- If I give it to you and change my mind later, it's mine
10- If it's broken, or if it get me in trouble, it's yours.

ETA: Per Santilli/Deb:
As for our copyrighted footage...it was incorporated into a video that contained "...body cam footage" which is against the courts protective order.
If that's true, then Santilli isn't claiming ownership of the body cam footage, he's claiming ownership of other content within the video. So all Gavin et al have to do is edit the video to remove the infringing material owned by Santilli and re-upload the video. But I guess they'd rather cry and tantrum, like the toddlers they are.

I've heard this bull before.
Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:08 pm
Dolly wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 11:14 am :snippity:
John Lamb added 2 new photos.Follow
9 hrs ·
IT'S ALWAYS ABOUT MONEY

The leaked body footage video on you tube was reported by Pete Santilli claiming ownership. It was made from discovery. which is public information property of the court and here is his reason why he reported it. I wonder what Pete thinks of Matt Shea and him exposing the Wooten email. Is he a hero or a villain? Matt is my hero
https:// www.facebook.com/john.lamb.16121/posts/1181581068652141
:snippity:
Question for the IAALs: is that correct that discovery material is public court material? I may agree if some matter is put up for evidence. Was this Youtube clip offered as evidence (and no, I am not asking anyone to surf the trial records ;) ) ? Can one party distribute the discovery info of another party openly on the internet, no confidentiality?
As a practical matter, there is probably not a lot of risk in treating most material included in court filings as safe to redistribute. As a theoretical matter, it's much more complicated. (Enough so that, given sufficient motivation and two weeks, I could probably write a 20K-word paper on the topic.)

To the best of my knowledge, the copyright status of a work doesn't change as a consequence of its incorporation in a court filing. Material that is copyright-protected remains copyright protected - and given the extent and automatic nature of copyright protections, virtually everything that is incorporated in a court filing will, at least theoretically, be copyright-protected.1, 2 Thus, absent any exception, making such material available to the public without the permission of the authors could be a potential infringement. In the case of court dockets and similar public records, the exception is the public interest in open judicial proceedings and processes.3

How far this exception extends is another question. Sharing the records as such would, at least in most cases, probably be within bounds. Other uses of the records, maybe, maybe not. That will often be a complex question that depends in part on fair use factors, such as the nature of the use.

Let's take an Orly Taitz filing as a hypothetical. Let's say that I'm teaching an introductory class in advocacy, and want to use one of her filings as a "how not to" example. I could certainly assign my students to go to PACER or RECAP and obtain and read the filing for themselves. I could probably obtain the filing for them and place it on a course website in either edited or unedited form. But could I incorporate the filing in a textbook marketed or sold for profit? I'd be willing to risk it,but wouldn't fault a publisher who was less certain. And, of course, even if the use was acceptable in the USA doesn't mean it would necessarily be acceptable for a UK edition of the exact same book.

It's underpants-headgear insane.

1: The primary US exception being government works.
2: The ownership of the copyright in some works, such as transcripts, may occasionally be difficult to determine, as realist can undoubtedly attest.
3: I'm honestly not sure if this is an express or implicit exception in US copyright law, and lack motivation to look it up at the moment.

"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Mikedunford wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 1:56 pm To the best of my knowledge, the copyright status of a work doesn't change as a consequence of its incorporation in a court filing. Material that is copyright-protected remains copyright protected - and given the extent and automatic nature of copyright protections, virtually everything that is incorporated in a court filing will, at least theoretically, be copyright-protected.1, 2 Thus, absent any exception, making such material available to the public without the permission of the authors could be a potential infringement. In the case of court dockets and similar public records, the exception is the public interest in open judicial proceedings and processes.3
I've been on the edge of several cases involving things like copyright, trademark, and patent infringement. If something appearing in court documents resulted in it becoming public domain, wow would those cases have gone quicker.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Market day. I couldn't watch much. Kitty just climbed into my lap - didn't his screechy voice scaring her off.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Gabbin's last video as not a livestream. He said he was in Rio Verde and it was Sunday market.
[spoil]
I found this with Google Image Search for "Plaza Principal De Rioverde, Slp"
I am pretty sure this is the church and sign in his background.

Paraphrasing: He said this is a normal Sunday at the Plaza, like it happens every week.
I am not so sure. It was also the "Elote and Mezcal Festival". I don't know how he could miss it. It could have been in another area of the Plaza and it cost money? Maybe he was too excited about the double decker trampoline setup. That is certainly something to leave home for. :roll:

ETA: Sorry, some of this didn't translate.

PRIMER FESTIVAL DEL ELOTE Y El MEZCAL
December 14 – December 17
Plaza Principal De Rioverde, Slp
79613 Río Verde, San Luis Potosi, Mexico

I did NOT see any food that looks like this in Gabbin's video. :shock:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Plaza-Pr ... 6686058916

Thanks to Google Translate:
Elote and Mezcal Festival in San Luis Potosí
12/14/2017 9:39 PM / San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí

San Luis Potosí will offer its first Elote and Mezcal Festival, in the municipality of Rioverde, which starts TODAY.

The event will start from the arrival of the Caravan of the Migrant this December 14, so there will be gastronomic, artisanal and artistic festival in the main square of Rioverde.

"The event will start on the 14th with the arrival of the Caravan of the Migrant. It will take place on Friday 15th, Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th of December in the main square, where there will be a gastronomic exhibition, exhibitors of handicrafts, craft beer, mezcal, in addition to the corn-based food preparation contest, and for which there will be a jury, "said Alejandra Sánchez, coordinator of the event.

Alejandra Sánchez invited the population to attend and have fun, as well as those who wish to participate in the exhibitions, especially in the gastronomic display and presentation of the different ways of preparing a typical and traditional food of the region.
http://www.tabascohoy.com/nota/422044/f ... uis-potosi
[/spoil]

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Dolly wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 6:59 pm Gabbin's last video as not a livestream. He said he was in Rio Verde and it was Sunday market.
[spoil]
I found this with Google Image Search for "Plaza Principal De Rioverde, Slp"
I am pretty sure this is the church and sign in his background.

Paraphrasing: He said this is a normal Sunday at the Plaza, like it happens every week.
I am not so sure. It was also the "Elote and Mezcal Festival". I don't know how he could miss it. It could have been in another area of the Plaza and it cost money? Maybe he was too excited about the double decker trampoline setup. That is certainly something to leave home for. :roll:

ETA: Sorry, some of this didn't translate.

PRIMER FESTIVAL DEL ELOTE Y El MEZCAL
December 14 – December 17
Plaza Principal De Rioverde, Slp
79613 Río Verde, San Luis Potosi, Mexico

I did NOT see any food that looks like this in Gabbin's video. :shock:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Plaza-Pr ... 6686058916

Thanks to Google Translate:
Elote and Mezcal Festival in San Luis Potosí
12/14/2017 9:39 PM / San Luis Potosí, San Luis Potosí

San Luis Potosí will offer its first Elote and Mezcal Festival, in the municipality of Rioverde, which starts TODAY.

The event will start from the arrival of the Caravan of the Migrant this December 14, so there will be gastronomic, artisanal and artistic festival in the main square of Rioverde.

"The event will start on the 14th with the arrival of the Caravan of the Migrant. It will take place on Friday 15th, Saturday 16th and Sunday 17th of December in the main square, where there will be a gastronomic exhibition, exhibitors of handicrafts, craft beer, mezcal, in addition to the corn-based food preparation contest, and for which there will be a jury, "said Alejandra Sánchez, coordinator of the event.

Alejandra Sánchez invited the population to attend and have fun, as well as those who wish to participate in the exhibitions, especially in the gastronomic display and presentation of the different ways of preparing a typical and traditional food of the region.
http://www.tabascohoy.com/nota/422044/f ... uis-potosi
[/spoil]
Excellent Google-Fu Dolly. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Now something from Goblin and SIL's blog:

maydijo

Post by maydijo »

Eleven people in a camper? A few years ago my family of four rented an admittedly smaller campervan to bum around the north island of New Zealand for a week. I made it three nights before I was hankering for a hotel room. Actually I made it one night before I was hankering for a hotel room but I made it thee nights before I maybe not-so-politedly suggested we find a hotel.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

There are some helpful sites to help them learn about the costs in different Mexican locations.

If you want to follow along as Gabbin goes shopping, there are several online currency converters.
A google search for "current mexican peso exchange rate" shows:
1 equals
0.052 US Dollar

or

1 US Dollar
19.07 Mexican Peso

Cost of living in San Luis Potosí, Mexico (lists various items - I only posted the prices for clothes)
[spoil]Food (restaurant and groceries - NOT street food)
Housing

Clothes
1 pair of jeans (Levis 501 or similar) Mex$ 844 (US $44)
1 summer dress in a High Street Store (Zara, H&M or similar retailers) Mex$ 615 (US $32)
1 pair of sport shoes (Nike, Adidas, or equivalent brands) Mex$ 1,184 (US $62)
1 pair of men’s leather business shoes Mex$ 1,088 (US $57)

Transportation
Personal Care
Entertainment

Some of these prices have some inconsistencies. They already provide a reliable comparison but they are not bullet-proof. They are based on 197 prices entered by 16 different people.
Latest price update: December 18, 2017.
https://www.expatistan.com/cost-of-livi ... rrency=USD[/spoil]

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

She speaks Spanish but doesn’t know how to ask for a bathroom? Mind boggled.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:15 pm She speaks Spanish but doesn’t know how to ask for a bathroom? Mind boggled.
My understanding was she could ask, but didn't understand what they were telling her.
so we started looking for a bathroom. We asked two different people for directions, but it was hard to understand in Spanish. My Spanish is fairly good, but sometimes I still get stumped.

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

pipistrelle wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:15 pm She speaks Spanish but doesn’t know how to ask for a bathroom? Mind boggled.
I'm still boggling at the expectation that there will be bathrooms 'clean' enough for her. This is Mexico, where there are trash cans next to the toilets. The purpose of the trash cans is to hold the used toilet paper, since the plumbing can't handle that much toilet paper.

Whip

Post by Whip »

'poop' would be universal no?

Whip

Post by Whip »

Dolly wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 9:31 pm
My understanding was she could ask, but didn't understand what they were telling her.
so we started looking for a bathroom. We asked two different people for directions, but it was hard to understand in Spanish. My Spanish is fairly good, but sometimes I still get stumped.
Ah, so they said 'poop', and were told, "no, we don't want to talk about your brother in law" in Spanish and she thought they were giving directions.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I never said I read English well, especially when I'm in a hurry. (Not true; I do. But not when I'm in a hurry.)

Between her knowledge of Spanish, hand gestures, and the ability to map, she still couldn't figure out where they were directing her? That's sad.

poplove

Post by poplove »

Gotta add my two cents regarding gav's intestinal issues in a foreign country.

While on Air Force active duty in 1975, I was transferred to Torrejon Air Base, Spain. And just like everyone else new to the base, I got "Franco's Revenge" within days of my arrival. It did not stop until I went to sick call and got the necessary prescription. I vaguely remember the doctor yawning while filling out the script.

Additionally, my health-nut brother visited Guadalajara in the mid 1970s and got a severe internal infection that he still suffers from.

Lastly, I have an acquaintance who goes to Mexico quite often for his dental work because it's so much cheaper there for folks who don't have dental insurance. Could be one reason gav is suddenly so in love with Mexico.

Image x3
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Gav CALLING out Pistilli about the YT thingy. C/Ped cuz some folks don't like the linky thingy.
The Pete and Gavin story.
I’m going to fill in the blanks by telling the story of me and Pete Santilli since he is attacking me publicly and there is controversy. I don’t post to toot my horn and I won’t play the name calling game. I will clear the air because people need truth.
I’ve always liked Pete despite his imperfections. I think the first time I met his was Bundy Ranch in 2014. Go back soon after that years and you’ll find me many times on his show as he praises my activism and of course uses my videos on to engage his audience.
This was not a problem because using a clip of someone else’s clips for news or documentaries falls under fair use and is the norm. My videos are used in news segments with millions of views and I get no payment. As a veteran media producer who knows copyright I don’t sweat it because the message is getting out and with it my voice grows. I stood with Pete despite the fact that many people don’t like him. I defended him against accusations of working with the feds because I felt they lacked substance. Maybe I was wrong and that will come out soon.
In Oregon I was actively helping Pete by managing his Facebook page and helping him get messages out fast. I was in calm for him and Pete would send me footage then I would work overtime to prep it so we could get the message out quick and professional. It was agreed that I would edit those clips and post on my channel and him. He made me a mod in his page for that reason.
When Pete was arrested I worked to support his team. When his page was taken down I worked to try and get it restored. It was this way there until the day I refused to allow trolls and informants like MD Laughter and others leading up to the Oregon trial to take over the message. Deb Jordon and others were defending their terrible behavior towards everyone from Kelly to the Bundy wives and I called it out. After that they went rabid and those attacks have gone on to undermine support for the prisoners ever since.
When the leaked body cam footage came out I was urgently asked to download and get it out, so I did. That footage was not owned by Pete except maybe a snippet of his work included in the tape that was not only fair use, but was public record. That’s the video that Pete reported me for copyright violation on and has caused my channel to be flagged.
When I produced the Bundy Story with Ammon. There was footage Pete’s along with footage from myself and others at the ranch in 2014; plus a ton of footage I went out and filmed myself in 2016. There’s was was more public record and fair use footage used. More than that Ammon and I were doing it to try and set everyone set free. Since I’m always accused of getting rich, I should note that I have not made a dime in ad revenue from that project, nor was I paid a dime to make it. Ammon tried bless him, but i declined. There’s no wealth to be in my world expect what God gives my soul.
Thanks to the antics of these false copyright claims damaging my channel and because they can be rough to deal with and even shut down a channel forever I have temporarily removed the Bundy Story from the channel as well. Yes it’s mine and it’s legal but corrupted people are doing all they can to silence me. The simple facts I show are not welcome in a government of propaganda and the. It’s out there elsewhere and I’ll get a safer alternative place for it soon as I’m looking into options besides YouTube to grow into.
What we’re seeing is the culmination of more than a year of Pete’s crew trying to hurt those doing the most good for the political prisons. That hurts and I don’t know why they did it. I have watched them treat warriors like trash and we have tried very hard and succeeded staying on message anyways.
I’ve always said you have to expose the bad behavior. Exposing those who divide us is not being the divider, it’s standing on principle. We don’t win but uniting with those who tear down our walls.
This is not about copyright. It’s about silencing those that speak the truth. For money, for envy. I don’t know. I don’t know what deals were made or why Pete’s trying to help the feds hide their lies, gunning for me after I have done him only good. But I’m going to speak the truth whether people like it or not. I hope Pete will stop attacking and join us in the stand against tyranny.
Here is the link for those that don't mind.

Somerset

Post by Somerset »

Being able to ask a question but not being able to understand the reply is not "fairly good."

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Were they looking for a public bathroom rather than dropping in for a drink and then peek thru all doors for the outhouse?

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

I have to admit, I'm amused that Gavin and Petey operate under the conceit they're journalists, but not just journalists—journalists with millions of eager viewers hanging on their every objective report.

Surely they understand that copyright laws are "natural" and therefore they don't need to be obeyed, amiright?

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Somerset wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 12:47 am
Being able to ask a question but not being able to understand the reply is not "fairly good."
These are people who talk but never listen (and, probably improved their non-listening skills by being with Gavin, to protect their hearing).

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
nancydrew

Post by nancydrew »

maydijo wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:31 pm Eleven people in a camper? A few years ago my family of four rented an admittedly smaller campervan to bum around the north island of New Zealand for a week. I made it three nights before I was hankering for a hotel room. Actually I made it one night before I was hankering for a hotel room but I made it thee nights before I maybe not-so-politedly suggested we find a hotel.
Know the feeling! We did a 10 day tour of Chesapeake Bay with 7 people in a 32 ft. SeaRay

For crooks who masquerade as patriots, the attraction of an audience that already believes in the wildest conspiracy theories is just too good to pass up.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

nancydrew wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 2:05 pm
maydijo wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 7:31 pm Eleven people in a camper? A few years ago my family of four rented an admittedly smaller campervan to bum around the north island of New Zealand for a week. I made it three nights before I was hankering for a hotel room. Actually I made it one night before I was hankering for a hotel room but I made it thee nights before I maybe not-so-politedly suggested we find a hotel.
Know the feeling! We did a 10 day tour of Chesapeake Bay with 7 people in a 32 ft. SeaRay
If they are traveling in separate cars and just using the camper for sleeping, that would be pretty cramped, but not as bad as being in the same space 24/7. Still, showering would definitely be a problem. That camper probably doesn't have more than a 10 gallon hot water heater. Some campers are equipped with a tub as well as the shower head, but, little known secret - not actually a large enough hot water heater to actually FILL the tub. There is an on-demand or tankless hot water system available, so he could have installed one of those. But still, it would take some time to complete morning baths if 11 people have to share a shower, even doubling some of them up. They might stay at campgrounds that have shower facilities, that would help for sure. But still, 11 people sleeping in a camper would not allow for very much privacy or comfort.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

If Gavin is going to stay in Mexico, he'd better have some means of earning a living.

My wife and I went on a cruise down the "Mexican Riviera" to Mazatlan, Puerta Vallarta and Cabo San Lucas. On one shore excursion, the guide was a dual US-Mexican citizen who spent her summers in Northern California and her winters in Baja.

She took great pride in pointing out that, in Mexico, there is no welfare and no unemployment insurance. In her words, "if you don't work, you don't eat".

And, if he overstays a tourist visa, he would probably find it difficult to find a paying job anyway, even if he wanted one.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

It appears to be similar to this one.

http://www.colerainrv.com/rv/new+carlis ... er+299kiqb

The "tub" is half-length.

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
nancydrew

Post by nancydrew »

Whip wrote: Mon Dec 18, 2017 10:50 pm
'poop' would be universal no?
Actually I think “s**t” is something like Mierda (sp) in Spanish.

For crooks who masquerade as patriots, the attraction of an audience that already believes in the wildest conspiracy theories is just too good to pass up.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”