Gavin Seim

boots

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by boots »

I'm not surprised at all to learn that Gavin et al have been planning and discussing their Mexico journey for quite some time. I don't know that is the full explanation, but I do know that people usually do things for rational reasons. As a lawyer, whenever I've had a case where someone's explanation for their behavior didn't pass the smell test (and where there was enough at issue to make investigating it worthwhile), if you do enough digging usually there is an underlying explanation which makes all of the strange behavior suddenly make sense. What could that be here? Afraid of content on cell perhaps? Running from some other problem in the States? Who knows.

It clearly is NOT rational behavior to flee a mere petty misdemeanor prosecution, one with some chance he will prevail - and a really damn good chance that if he cleaned his act up and didn't present like an imbecile (or a sovcit, even worse) in court, he could get away with a slap on the wrist or a short stay in the graybar motel of a few days or weeks. That shouldn't be enough to cause him to abandon his house, abandon his hometown, abandon his family (excepting Nathan), leave his belongings (what will happen to Meso?), take his kids away from their schools, friends, playmates, familiar surroundings, and burden his wife with trying to keep all 5 of their kids non-miserable on an endless road trip where few people speak the same language, etc., etc.

The thing with Gavin is it's hard to tell if he's being rational. If he really is such a big whiney baby that he can't stand the prospect of paying the price of a misdemeanor prosecution for his brand of civil disobedience, then his actions are very unfair to his family. To subject them to all that just so he doesn't have to admit he made a mistake or was wrong is incredibly immature and his wife must be under huge pressure (or a shared delusion) to keep a straight face through it all. The kids will grow up with issues from this, as it's quite dysfunctional. No one in the Seim family dares tell "gav" that he's a fool.

Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

This is starting to remind me of the movie Mosquito Coast

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson
maydijo

Post by maydijo »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:49 pm This is starting to remind me of the movie Mosquito Coast
Really? I was kind of thinking of it more like National Lampoon's Mexican Vacation

nancydrew

Post by nancydrew »

Techno Luddite wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 3:54 pm I'm not surprised at all to learn that Gavin et al have been planning and discussing their Mexico journey for quite some time. I don't know that is the full explanation, but I do know that people usually do things for rational reasons. As a lawyer, whenever I've had a case where someone's explanation for their behavior didn't pass the smell test (and where there was enough at issue to make investigating it worthwhile), if you do enough digging usually there is an underlying explanation which makes all of the strange behavior suddenly make sense. What could that be here? Afraid of content on cell perhaps? Running from some other problem in the States? Who knows.

It clearly is NOT rational behavior to flee a mere petty misdemeanor prosecution, one with some chance he will prevail - and a really damn good chance that if he cleaned his act up and didn't present like an imbecile (or a sovcit, even worse) in court, he could get away with a slap on the wrist or a short stay in the graybar motel of a few days or weeks. That shouldn't be enough to cause him to abandon his house, abandon his hometown, abandon his family (excepting Nathan), leave his belongings (what will happen to Meso?), take his kids away from their schools, friends, playmates, familiar surroundings, and burden his wife with trying to keep all 5 of their kids non-miserable on an endless road trip where few people speak the same language, etc., etc.

The thing with Gavin is it's hard to tell if he's being rational. If he really is such a big whiney baby that he can't stand the prospect of paying the price of a misdemeanor prosecution for his brand of civil disobedience, then his actions are very unfair to his family. To subject them to all that just so he doesn't have to admit he made a mistake or was wrong is incredibly immature and his wife must be under huge pressure (or a shared delusion) to keep a straight face through it all. The kids will grow up with issues from this, as it's quite dysfunctional. No one in the Seim family dares tell "gav" that he's a fool.
He’s got 5 kids? Why do these nut jobs breed like rabbits? The more I come across these SC’s the more I am convinced it really is a mental health issue. That something happened tosend Their Little choo choo chugging round the bend. Just like hoarders start hoarding after a traumatic event could be a divorce, death.....

For crooks who masquerade as patriots, the attraction of an audience that already believes in the wildest conspiracy theories is just too good to pass up.
Maybenaut

Post by Maybenaut »

maydijo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:51 pm
Maybenaut wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:49 pm This is starting to remind me of the movie Mosquito Coast
Really? I was kind of thinking of it more like National Lampoon's Mexican Vacation
Sadly, I wasn’t really joking. Mosquito Coast is about an inventor disillusioned with the US who takes his family to the jungles of South America (or maybe Central America — can’t remember). The reason he’s disillusioned with the US is because he’s crazy, but he can’t really escape his paranoia. While things are idyllic Initially, they get pretty bad after a time. He ends up putting his family in extreme danger.

I’m sering some serious parallels.

"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus. So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too." - Thomas Jefferson
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:06 pm
Sadly, I wasn’t really joking. Mosquito Coast is about an inventor disillusioned with the US who takes his family to the jungles of South America (or maybe Central America — can’t remember). The reason he’s disillusioned with the US is because he’s crazy, but he can’t really escape his paranoia. While things are idyllic Initially, they get pretty bad after a time. He ends up putting his family in extreme danger.

I’m sering some serious parallels.
As long as he travels with Gavin Seim, he will have problems everywhere.

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

nancydrew wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:53 pm He’s got 5 kids? Why do these nut jobs breed like rabbits?
Mormonism. There is a lot of social pressure in that culture to have large families. It's also a very patriarchal and obedience-based culture, which means no one in the family is ever going to question Gavin's irrational, selfish behavior.

This bramble need not be traversed.
maydijo

Post by maydijo »

Maybenaut wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 6:06 pm

I’m seeing some serious parallels.
I'm sorry. I know I shouldn't be so flippant; and you're right, this will probably not end well for Gavin or for his family. But on some level it still feels like a joke to me - who flees the country to avoid a misdemeanor? So it's hard for me not to treat it like a joke, when the entire situation sounds like the plot of a very bad 80s buddy comedy. I can just see Danny DeVito playing Gav, with John Candy playing Nate. I'd definitely buy a ticket to that film!
Off Topic
I miss John Candy . . .

maydijo

Post by maydijo »

TheNewSaint wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:24 pm
nancydrew wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 5:53 pm He’s got 5 kids? Why do these nut jobs breed like rabbits?
Mormonism. There is a lot of social pressure in that culture to have large families. It's also a very patriarchal and obedience-based culture, which means no one in the family is ever going to question Gavin's irrational, selfish behavior.
Gavin's not Mormon. Mormons don't drink coffee.

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

maydijo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:27 pm Gavin's not Mormon. Mormons don't drink coffee.
Local dominant religions tend to bleed their culture into everything around them. Just look how many non-christians celebrate christmas.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Several days ago there was a post about Gabbin leaving everything behind. We discovered he owned 50% of his house and his parents owned the studio property.

I have been thinking that his parents could sell the house and/or studio and bankroll Gabbin to a point. Maybe he could get his equity back. They could also sell his household and photography stuff for him. Or they could somehow manage to ship it to Mexico. Or they could sell Gabbins house, the studio, and THEIR own house and move/retire to Mexico and have a Seim family compound setup. The parents could probably manage to do this legally. However Gabbin, Nathan and the wives and kids would probably still have 180 day visa and have to leave and return. That could be a problem for Gabbin. Or he could just ignore everything and take his chances.

I had wondered about his parents joining them there. Now I am not sure if they are with them already. One one video (the one with the kids playing on the trampolines in the park?), there were comments from "Gavin Seim for Liberty". Between reading them and listening to the video, I got the impression that his MOM was using that account to post the comments. IIRC he also said something like it was hard to tell who is posting and I got the impression that Nathan uses that also.

Isn't Gabbin's dad named GRANT? From the blog:
One reason we stayed in the US for so long is because that is where our friends and family are. When Gavin started talking about the possibility of coming down here, that was a big game changer for us, and now more of our family is considering coming down as well. Moving to a new country is a remarkably hard task, and meeting up with Gavin and Sondra down here has made it much more bearable. For example, Grant is always excited to see Titus. Keeping Grant happy through this transition is great, and watching them play cars brings me so much joy.

Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp
maydijo

Post by maydijo »

neeneko wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:35 pm
maydijo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:27 pm Gavin's not Mormon. Mormons don't drink coffee.
Local dominant religions tend to bleed their culture into everything around them. Just look how many non-christians celebrate christmas.
But Washington isn't primarily Mormon, and most sov cits aren't Mormon either, so it's not a dominant culture in either group.

In Gav's case I think he probably thinks so highly of himself, he thinks he's doing a service to the world by creating a lot of mini-Gavs.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

I am still listening.

Gavin Seim for Liberty was live.
42 mins ·
Huge bombshells happening in Bundy trial sealed courtrooms as documents are being leaked from sealed illegal hearings... twitter.com/dhswhistler

ETA: Sorry the video won't play for some reason. I reposted the link and that didn't work either. I will break the link and you can watch on Gabbin's Facebook page

https://www.facebook
.com/callmegav/videos/10156600122942580/

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Gavin Seim for Liberty
1 hr ·
Areal imagery from the ranch on protest day. Protesters are color coded with threat levels like enemy combatants on the battlefield. Leaked from court docs at... twitter.com/dhswhistler.

Now I ask you, who were the real terrorists?

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Gavin Seim for Liberty
2 hrs ·
Leaks from the sealed hearings. Dan Love had a kill list at Bundy Ranch!

Closed criminal proceedings should not be tolerated. We knew this stuff went on because we were there, but the dirty laundry is in these secret hearings and it's critical that this stuff gets out.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Also, adherence to doctrine can vary a great deal by individual.

Kendra

Post by Kendra »

https://twitter.com/dhswhistler

Gavin is linking to the above account on FB.

maydijo

Post by maydijo »

TheNewSaint wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:45 pm
Coffee's a biggie. I know a few Mormons who will from time to time have alcohol and think nothing of it - I'm talking once or twice a year; or women who joke that the best thing about breast-feeding and having a low milk supply is that they have an excuse to have a guinness - and I know a couple of Mormons who drink decaf; but nobody who identifies as a practicing Mormon would have a coffee machine like his. The most they'd have is a guilty jar of instant coffee hidden in the back of the cupboard.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

Trying to post the video again - from his other page

Gavin Seim shared Gavin Seim for Liberty's live video.
34 mins ·
Bundy Bombshells. Demand public courts in the USA!

https://www.facebook
.com/gavinseim/posts/10156209299374683

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

maydijo wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:50 pm

Coffee's a biggie. I know a few Mormons who will from time to time have alcohol and think nothing of it - I'm talking once or twice a year; or women who joke that the best thing about breast-feeding and having a low milk supply is that they have an excuse to have a guinness - and I know a couple of Mormons who drink decaf; but nobody who identifies as a practicing Mormon would have a coffee machine like his. The most they'd have is a guilty jar of instant coffee hidden in the back of the cupboard.
When my college choir was on a Michigan tour, I ended up staying with a Mormon host family. I ended up having to wait until we got to our lunch stop for my morning coffee. It was rough.

Nice people with a lovely view of Traverse City and the West Traverse Bay. For most people moving to Traverse City, it is "a view of the bay for half the pay."

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

nobody who identifies as a practicing Mormon would have a coffee machine like his.
I've known several.

More importantly, earlier in this thread, Gavvy was writing to church president Monson about his situation. That's a reliable indicator that Gavin falls somewhere within the LDS sphere of influence.

maydijo

Post by maydijo »

Northland10 wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:56 pm

When my college choir was on a Michigan tour, I ended up staying with a Mormon host family. I ended up having to wait until we got to our lunch stop for my morning coffee. It was rough.

Nice people with a lovely view of Traverse City and the West Traverse Bay. For most people moving to Traverse City, it is "a view of the bay for half the pay."
I would've bought coffee for you. If they were nice, sane Mormons they would've bought coffee for you too, or taken you out to get your own, if you'd asked. Sorry you had to wait.

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

Dolly wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:39 pm Several days ago there was a post about Gabbin leaving everything behind. We discovered he owned 50% of his house and his parents owned the studio property.

I have been thinking that his parents could sell the house and/or studio and bankroll Gabbin to a point. Maybe he could get his equity back. They could also sell his household and photography stuff for him. Or they could somehow manage to ship it to Mexico. Or they could sell Gabbins house, the studio, and THEIR own house and move/retire to Mexico and have a Seim family compound setup. The parents could probably manage to do this legally. However Gabbin, Nathan and the wives and kids would probably still have 180 day visa and have to leave and return. That could be a problem for Gabbin. Or he could just ignore everything and take his chances.

I had wondered about his parents joining them there. Now I am not sure if they are with them already. One one video (the one with the kids playing on the trampolines in the park?), there were comments from "Gavin Seim for Liberty". Between reading them and listening to the video, I got the impression that his MOM was using that account to post the comments. IIRC he also said something like it was hard to tell who is posting and I got the impression that Nathan uses that also.

Isn't Gabbin's dad named GRANT? From the blog:
One reason we stayed in the US for so long is because that is where our friends and family are. When Gavin started talking about the possibility of coming down here, that was a big game changer for us, and now more of our family is considering coming down as well. Moving to a new country is a remarkably hard task, and meeting up with Gavin and Sondra down here has made it much more bearable. For example, Grant is always excited to see Titus. Keeping Grant happy through this transition is great, and watching them play cars brings me so much joy.
Perhaps a nephew?

This is the parent's business: https://www.facebook.com/GRANTSNEW/

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

Dolly wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 7:43 pm Gavin Seim for Liberty
1 hr ·
Areal imagery from the ranch on protest day. Protesters are color coded with threat levels like enemy combatants on the battlefield. Leaked from court docs at... twitter.com/dhswhistler.

Now I ask you, who were the real terrorists?
Kinda seems like the areal imagery did a pretty good job of colour coding the terrorists.

Dolly

Post by Dolly »

TheNewSaint wrote: Wed Dec 13, 2017 8:11 pm
nobody who identifies as a practicing Mormon would have a coffee machine like his.
I've known several.

More importantly, earlier in this thread, Gavvy was writing to church president Monson about his situation. That's a reliable indicator that Gavin falls somewhere within the LDS sphere of influence.
I found the video I posted
Sun Sep 25, 2016 6:03 pm
Gavin is addressing the leaders of the Mormon Church in this video
Yeah, like they are going to watch it. :roll:

1st heading
1 hr ·
We're in Temple Square. It's time need to speak up, all of us.
edited later to this:
September 25, 2016 ·
I felt I must go to Temple Square for this. Where is the rightious nation who will defend justice rather than use the pretense that apathy is a calling or that silence in the face of evil is God's will?
viewtopic.php?f=26&t=7460&p=823511&hilit=Monson#p823471
breaking the link to the video on his page https://www.facebook
.com/callmegav/videos/10154957282217580/

There are 124 comments. I just saw this:
Denny Smith · 0:00 So, Gavin, are you going Mormon? Because almost every Mormon I know considers everyone that's not mormon to be the devil and don't associate with them. What is your denomination?

Gavin Seim for Liberty · Actually the bravest patriots in America loving their neighbor are Mormons. While I am not, perhaps Morman leaders and us protestants could learn from that. I have no denomination. I follow Christ.
LikeShow more reactions · Reply · 6 · September 26, 2016 at 7:42pm · Edited

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”