Gavin Seim

jadedmonk

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by jadedmonk »

I can only find a FB link to it so you might not be able to watch it.
No worries. FB did try to block me from seeing it, so I used an application I have to download it. Unfortunately, I was able to see it, but I hadn't before. It also doesn't surprise me...

Nathan, in his frequent bouts of patronizing some of us, seemed to bring up the topic of sex obsessively. (Which just made one of the women in our group more suspicious considering the fact that he has his Wife and 3 other women living with him.) I wasn't going to bring this up unless someone asked, but since you have made us aware of this video, perhaps it isn't just Nathan...

(Edited for grammatical errors)

jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

I've recently commented on Gavin's penchant for bailing out of businesses using the excuse that he's being unfairly targeted based on his freedom loving beliefs. I suspect this is Gavin's way of avoiding the narcissistic shock of having a failed business. Back in Washington it never seem to matter to him that prospective clients for his photography business might not hire him fearing he'd miss the job because he was in court, in jail or under home arrest.

It's possible the family has caught on that when the going gets tough Nathan, rather than Gavin, is the man to count on.
All I can tell you regarding the success of Gavin's businesses is that we never saw proof of their "successes" and he and Nathan were very mysterious about where they made their money. Some of us were told specifically that Gavin made his money via his photography (of course), but more to the point, selling software for photography.

One of us is a programmer. What he saw did not fit the mold. I appears that either:
1) As this Forum continues to speculate, Gavin is doing it all with $ from Mommy & Daddy. Which, to be honest, is fine with me. What's not fine is lying about it. Or -
2) He's getting the $ through much more illicit means.

arayder

Post by arayder »

jadedmonk wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:36 pm
I've recently commented on Gavin's penchant for bailing out of businesses using the excuse that he's being unfairly targeted based on his freedom loving beliefs. I suspect this is Gavin's way of avoiding the narcissistic shock of having a failed business. Back in Washington it never seem to matter to him that prospective clients for his photography business might not hire him fearing he'd miss the job because he was in court, in jail or under home arrest.

It's possible the family has caught on that when the going gets tough Nathan, rather than Gavin, is the man to count on.
All I can tell you regarding the success of Gavin's businesses is that we never saw proof of their "successes" and he and Nathan were very mysterious about where they made their money. Some of us were told specifically that Gavin made his money via his photography (of course), but more to the point, selling software for photography.

One of us is a programmer. What he saw did not fit the mold. I appears that either:
1) As this Forum continues to speculate, Gavin is doing it all with $ from Mommy & Daddy. Which, to be honest, is fine with me. What's not fine is lying about it. Or -
I wouldn't usually run somebody down for having a failed business or two. Or getting help from the family. It's a tough world. But when Gavin bails like the little candy ass he is I have call him on it.

The photography business bail was bad enough. But at least there he didn't have employees. But now he's running the same course with the cafe' (where he has several young people working) by making a covid related 6 hour shut down into a federal case. Rather than tending to business he's off hassling the Mexican authorities about the shut down.

I see another bail in the works now that Gavin has his excuse.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

jadedmonk wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:29 pm
I can only find a FB link to it so you might not be able to watch it.
Nathan, in his frequent bouts of patronizing some of us, seemed to bring up the topic of sex obsessively. (Which just made one of the women in our group more suspicious considering the fact that he has his Wife and 3 other women living with him.) I wasn't going to bring this up unless someone asked, but since you have made us aware of this video, perhaps it isn't just Nathan...
Has there ever been a cult whose leadership wasn't obsessed with sex and the sexual exploitation of his/her followers?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

I've heard this bull before.
jmj

Post by jmj »

jadedmonk wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:36 pm All I can tell you regarding the success of Gavin's businesses is that we never saw proof of their "successes" and he and Nathan were very mysterious about where they made their money. Some of us were told specifically that Gavin made his money via his photography (of course), but more to the point, selling software for photography.

As far as I know, this "software" is basically just photoshop/lightroom editing presets or plugins. I'm not sure how much actual software programming is involved in creating these things. (I've also wondered whether Nathan is the one doing the software part while Gavin does the idea development and marketing part.)

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

jadedmonk wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:36 pm All I can tell you regarding the success of Gavin's businesses is that we never saw proof of their "successes" and he and Nathan were very mysterious about where they made their money. Some of us were told specifically that Gavin made his money via his photography (of course), but more to the point, selling software for photography.

Yeah, I've been suggesting the Seims might be engaged in drug trafficking and/or money laundering for quite awhile now. The cafe would be a perfect cover for a laundering operation.

jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

To clarify: saying "tell that to the victims of traffickers" when referring to someone's statement that there are welcome places in the US for people on the political spectrum all the way from Direct Democracy advocates to Fascist is the equivalent of saying "tell that to the rape survivors" or "tell that to the family of the victims of police brutality". It's a false equivalency to connect victims of a crime with someone who doesn't like that their neighbors disagree with their politics. I am willing to extend you the courtesy of the benefit of the doubt and believe you didn't mean it that way but as someone who works with organizations that advocate for such victims I would appreciate you choosing your words more carefully and not implying that unpopular political views and actual victimization are equivalent to each other.
Most of the members of our group (having nothing to do with Gavin) were being harassed by a small-town, retired, "Pastor", turned Mayor who was being exposed by them for covering up two very big things that I will not mention here. The soon-to-be-refugees had lawyers who were about to take it to court but who in turn were threatened and due to these threats abandoned their case. When the refugees kept pursuing this matter, wanting to do the right thing, the "Pastor"-turned-Mayor sent a Police Lieutenant to threaten the family. When they still persisted due to the fact that they were in the right and they knew the Law, they were told by someone inside a Federal Government position that their lives were in danger and the recommended them to flee the Country. These people met Gavin later. I am speaking on their behalf. Please do not ask for any more details, as I will not give them.

Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

DejaMoo wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:52 pm The cafe would be a perfect cover for a laundering operation.
This is a very good point.

jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

Has there ever been a cult whose leadership wasn't obsessed with sex and the sexual exploitation of his/her followers?

Anyone? Anyone? Bueller?
Precisely. There's a lot more to the story here. These people have very close affiliation with Mormons ("Ammo") as this forum calls him to name a few, and I'm not going to get on that soapbox, as I might not be able to get off it very easily. According to one of the members in my group, Nathan told him first hand that his Sisters in Law came from another cult family...

(EDITED for grammatical errors)

jmj

Post by jmj »

Resume18 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:08 pm
DejaMoo wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:52 pm The cafe would be a perfect cover for a laundering operation.
Yes, but a laundering operation would want to keep a low profile, not draw the governement's attention to itself by raising a big stink about being forced to shut down on independence day (or whatever holiday that was).

jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

As far as I know, this "software" is basically just photoshop/lightroom editing presets or plugins. I'm not sure how much actual software programming is involved in creating these things. (I've also wondered whether Nathan is the one doing the software part while Gavin does the idea development and marketing part.)
I doubt it, from what I can tell, Nathan spends most of his time doing things like answering Gavin's fan mail.

jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

Yeah, I've been suggesting the Seims might be engaged in drug trafficking and/or money laundering for quite awhile now. The cafe would be a perfect cover for a laundering operation.
Mexicans are quick to suspect the former. That to me seems to risky for this Family, if either one of these things was what was going on, I'd suspect the latter. However let me emphasize that I have no proof of any shape or form that either of these are taking place.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

jmj wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:51 pm As far as I know, this "software" is basically just photoshop/lightroom editing presets or plugins. I'm not sure how much actual software programming is involved in creating these things. (I've also wondered whether Nathan is the one doing the software part while Gavin does the idea development and marketing part.)
I've only very briefly looked as his photo edit software.
As a coder myself, I'll also say Gav didn't write it nor did Nathan.

It looks like as perhaps a repackage white-label of some sort or wrapped open-source tools and stuck his name on it or whatever.

jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

Resume18 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:08 pm
DejaMoo wrote: ↑Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:52 pm
The cafe would be a perfect cover for a laundering operation.
Yes, but a laundering operation would want to keep a low profile, not draw the governement's attention to itself by raising a big stink about being forced to shut down on independence day (or whatever holiday that was).
All good points. But you need to understand that the Mexican Federales aren't like their American counterparts. They're not going to dig into that Coffee Shop's financial records. If they want to, they'll just bring in Police armed with M16's and force it to shut down, whether the Law allows them to or not. Mexico is waaay more "live and let live" than most American's can possibly imagine.

If Gav's "Blu" was money laundering, the worst thing the Mexican Gov would do would be to make him give them a cut.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

jmj wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:14 pm
Resume18 wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:08 pm
If it is a laundering operation, there's bound to be several parties involved, almost certainly including government officials. So not only would Gavin not be worried about drawing attention to his cafe, he'd might even have been gleefully needling them about cutting into everyone's profits by shutting it down for a day (and thus losing a day's worth of phony business/profits for everyone involved).

jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

If it is a laundering operation, there's bound to be several parties involved, almost certainly including government officials. So not only would Gavin not be worried about drawing attention to his cafe, he'd might even have been gleefully needling them about cutting into everyone's profits by shutting it down for a day (and thus losing a day's worth of phony business/profits for everyone involved).
Exactly. As the ol' saying goes,
"The best place to hide something from someone is right under their nose".

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

neonzx wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:26 pm
I've only very briefly looked as his photo edit software.
As a coder myself, I'll also say Gav didn't write it nor did Nathan.

It looks like as perhaps a repackage white-label of some sort or wrapped open-source tools and stuck his name on it or whatever.
What I've seen it's just a bunch of software colorising filters that he has set up, using some other program. It might be some open source photo editing software that he has packaged with them to make it work and which would be basically free. So basically he just twiddling some colour numbers, saving the settings, and then charging money for the settings.

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Photoguy

Post by Photoguy »

RE: the Lightroom presets. While I've never personally done it, my understanding is that it's pretty easy to save for export any series of adjustments (edits) that you've made in LR. So, if you've edited an image to your liking, you can save the recipe that you used to do it. And since there are only about a gazillion Lightroom Pre-sets available on the web (both free and for sale), I'd further guess that it's not al that complicated a process...but I have no first hand experience here.

For those that have't peeked inside the program- Lightroom adjustments are typically a series of slider bars that change things like: Exposure/Contrast/Saturation/highlight Values/Shadow Values/Color Balance, etc. Where Photoshop can do the same edits via more complicated tools, LR is the easier/faster way to similar ends. For people that work in video, it's probably similar to the difference between Adobe Premier and iMovie. One is more sophisticated and capable, where the other is quick and easy.

Most serious professionals in my experience (in the commercial world at least) are still using Photoshop for image editing. Lightroom is big in the advanced amateur world because the learning curve is so much quicker though I'm sure that there are some 'professionals' working with it as well.

arayder

Post by arayder »

jadedmonk wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 3:46 pm
Resume18 wrote: ↑Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:08 pm
DejaMoo wrote: ↑Mon Sep 21, 2020 1:52 pm
The cafe would be a perfect cover for a laundering operation.
All good points. But you need to understand that the Mexican Federales aren't like their American counterparts. They're not going to dig into that Coffee Shop's financial records. If they want to, they'll just bring in Police armed with M16's and force it to shut down, whether the Law allows them to or not. Mexico is waaay more "live and let live" than most American's can possibly imagine.

If Gav's "Blu" was money laundering, the worst thing the Mexican Gov would do would be to make him give them a cut.
Sooner or later Gavin will sour on the laws and rules of any society he is in.

Whether he's in rural U.S. or in Mexico sooner or later there are going to be some rules or some laws he's going to be required to follow. If the rules are made by organized crime in concert with corrupt local governments in his beloved Mexico they're still rules. . .and Gavin ain't gonna' like it.

jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

Sooner or later Gavin will sour on the laws and rules of any society he is in.

Whether he's in rural U.S. or in Mexico sooner or later there are going to be some rules or some laws he's going to be required to follow. If the rules are made by organized crime in concert with corrupt local governments in his beloved Mexico they're still rules. . .and Gavin ain't gonna' like it.
You could be more right than you know. Awhile back, Gavin stated in one of his YouTube videos that he fully realized he could be killed or jailed indefinitely for his activism, and that he felt he was prepared for the same.

Perhaps his biggest problem down here is that he fails to realize, or just plain doesn't seem to care, how his actions affect the rest of us. That's pretty selfish to me, and not what I would call "Christian". This is what bothered the other refugees down here the most that I talked to outside our little group.

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

jadedmonk wrote: Mon Sep 21, 2020 7:24 pm You could be more right than you know. Awhile back, Gavin stated in one of his YouTube videos that he fully realized he could be killed or jailed indefinitely for his activism, and that he felt he was prepared for the same.

Perhaps his biggest problem down here is that he fails to realize, or just plain doesn't seem to care, how his actions affect the rest of us. That's pretty selfish to me, and not what I would call "Christian". This is what bothered the other refugees down here the most that I talked to outside our little group.
I am not aware of Gavin ever putting himself in a position to suffer real harm, but he has shown he is more than happy for others to do so. If it is possible that he could put you or your friends in any danger I would suggest you consider carefully whether it is a good idea to comment here.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

Gavin the Inept coward will only die from his “activism” through either COVID or similar or from annoying the type of person he claims all others to be.

He isn’t willing to die for God.
He isn’t willing to die for others.

He ran a FB poll on should he stay in Washington for his court case or flee...
He had already chosen to flee, he just wanted to appear to be in danger and that his family was in danger.

If as posted above CPS was looking into his child abuse, then he may have had to face more than a fine, he might have had to face more serious consequences for his actions.
However none of those consequences were life threatening, that was just another Gavin lie.

Gavin’s “love” for others is at best non existent, at worst, abusive.

All that said
I’d rather Gavin be the craven hypocrite coward that he is rather than a fanatic that will with violence carry out his raving lunacy.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

Additional

Gavin would be happy for others to die for his advocacy.

jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

I am not aware of Gavin ever putting himself in a position to suffer real harm, but he has shown he is more than happy for others to do so. If it is possible that he could put you or your friends in any danger I would suggest you consider carefully whether it is a good idea to comment here.
None of us live anywhere near him anymore. We all considered the ramifications, and all of us believe that although there might be a risk, it is slight. We also agreed that it is our responsibility to (to an extent) to do our part to make sure others who aren't that Family's "disciples" and who aren't fully aware of their activities fall into the same kind of trap. Some of his Family (possibly him as well) have already attempted to do some nasty things to some of us. We have help that Gavin's Family is not aware of. That's why Nathan (apparently his Wife?) and Stephanie's(sp?) plan backfired when they tried to set some of us up. Nevertheless, I appreciate and thank you for your geniune concern for our well being.

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Glad to hear that. You’re welcome.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”