Gavin Seim

Northland10

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by Northland10 »

In what I posted above, I was not thinking that the papers he waved were faked especially given the later confirmation. However, having read the rules, I am wondering if he lied to the asylum office.

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

FWIW - could it be that the "seemingly valid papers" just confirm the admission into the asylum process, and allow to take (temporary) residency while the full bureaucratic process churns on for years and the case may get lost in time?

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:23 pm FWIW - could it be that the "seemingly valid papers" just confirm the admission into the asylum process, and allow to take (temporary) residency while the full bureaucratic process churns on for years and the case may get lost in time?
I agree. The paper he showed had pictures and text for all seven members of the family. If they had been accepted as refugees, each person would now have individual documents.

That application will allow them to stay past the normal 90 days visa time for tourists.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

RTH10260 wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:23 pm FWIW - could it be that the "seemingly valid papers" just confirm the admission into the asylum process, and allow to take (temporary) residency while the full bureaucratic process churns on for years and the case may get lost in time?
I'd like to think someone asked by a journalist to vet the papers would have made that distinction. Also. that wouldn't explain the 7 people who were approved in January.

This bramble need not be traversed.
arayder

Post by arayder »

TheNewSaint wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 2:15 pm
arayder wrote: Mon Aug 24, 2020 1:26 pmThe article says the papers "appear" to be in order. That's exactly the way Gavin wanted it to seem. The slight of hand is the one of the oldest tricks in the poot playbook.
I repeat:
Daniel Berlin of Asylum Access, a group that helps asylum seekers navigate the country’s immigration system, told The Daily Beast that Seim’s description of the asylum process matches his group’s case experiences, and that papers he has brandished on camera, while not definitive, appeared to be valid at first glance.
If his papers are fake, they looked real enough to convince a professional who knows what fake papers would look like. And, Gavin described the process accurately.
Maureen Meyer of the human rights group WOLA pointed out that the Mexican National Institute of Migration’s data indicates it has issued seven [permanent residence permits to Americans based on refugee status attainment] in January [2020], when Seim claims he, his wife, and their five kids received said documents.
Here, a different professional cites data that supports Gavin's claim. Yes, those 7 American asylum seekers could be any 7 people. But with so few doing it overall, having the correct number in the correct month is strong support for Gavin's claim.
Well, I have been wrong before.

arayder

Post by arayder »

Here's a telling question from Gavin's Facebook page:
Gavin Seim I wounder how much shoplifting is up in the stores of idiots that require face masks?
You'd think Seim wouldn't be wishfully "wondering" about harm caused his fellow business owners.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

arayder wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:14 am Here's a telling question from Gavin's Facebook page:
Gavin Seim I wounder how much shoplifting is up in the stores of idiots that require face masks?
You'd think Seim wouldn't be wishfully "wondering" about harm caused his fellow business owners.
Traffic is managed in my neighborhood grocery, so shoplifting would be harder to pull off. More employees, fewer shoppers, managed traffic flow.

Gavin worries too much.

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:29 am
arayder wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:14 am Here's a telling question from Gavin's Facebook page:
Traffic is managed in my neighborhood grocery, so shoplifting would be harder to pull off. More employees, fewer shoppers, managed traffic flow.

Gavin worries too much.
I don't see how a mask would make it easier to shoplift, or make a person more likely to do it.

Maybe they could stuff the merchandise in their cheeks, like a gerbil. The mask might hide that. Couldn't get much in there, and it would be kind of soggy after you make your getaway.

jmj

Post by jmj »

noblepa wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:23 am
pipistrelle wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:29 am

Gavin worries too much.
I don't see how a mask would make it easier to shoplift, or make a person more likely to do it.

Maybe they could stuff the merchandise in their cheeks, like a gerbil. The mask might hide that. Couldn't get much in there, and it would be kind of soggy after you make your getaway.
The logic, such as it is, presumably goes something like this:

since: bank robbers wear masks to hide their identity while robbing banks.
therefore: wearing a mask promotes robbery.

:rolleye:

Frater I*I

Post by Frater I*I »

jmj wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 10:29 am The logic, such as it is, presumably goes something like this:

since: bank robbers wear masks to hide their identity while robbing banks.
therefore: wearing a mask promotes robbery.

:rolleye:
Iron clad logic there.... :think: Snaggletooth is really an idiot.

Gazer Into the SovCit Abyss
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Yeah, Gavin and family might have gotten Mexican residency. But even if they did, Gavin (for the time being, at least) now understands the major difference between residency and citizenship: residency can be revoked if he sufficiently offends his host country.

As for the coffee shop, I doubt it makes a whit of difference whether it turns a genuine profit or not. Odds are it is just a front, established just to keep him busy/out of bigger trouble; to maintain his residency status; or to move/launder funds. If so, then it will absolutely be a success - on paper. At least until he completely loses interest and finds his next new preoccupation.

I've heard this bull before.
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

In my younger days, working at Target, the Loss Prevention crew shared a lot of their tips with me. I worked a leased dept. next to their office. Which meant, since I wasn't an actual Target employee, and was female, I'd be brought into the office to witness their treatment of shoplifters, especially kids and females, so the shoplifter couldn't make a false assault claim.

Anyhow, it was a fairly horrifying look into how security at a major retailer thought and worked. Everyone knows that minorities are always the default suspects du jour, but they had quite a list of other potential suspects that bore watching:
  • Teens (motive: poor or bored)
  • Elderly (motive: poor or bored)
  • Mothers with multiple little children (strollers hold swag, and if caught, the kids are blamed)
  • Fat people (due to size and baggy clothes, can hide more on their person and still not look lumpy)
  • People wearing baggy coats - especially fat people wearing baggy coats. Particularly fat women in baggy coats pushing strollers.
So - Gavin? It ain't the masks. It's the baggy clothing, the backpacks, the big tote bags, the strollers...

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

DejaMoo wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 1:01 pm
In my younger days, working at Target, the Loss Prevention crew shared a lot of their tips with me. I worked a leased dept. next to their office. Which meant, since I wasn't an actual Target employee, and was female, I'd be brought into the office to witness their treatment of shoplifters, especially kids and females, so the shoplifter couldn't make a false assault claim.

Anyhow, it was a fairly horrifying look into how security at a major retailer thought and worked. Everyone knows that minorities are always the default suspects du jour, but they had quite a list of other potential suspects that bore watching:
  • Teens (motive: poor or bored)
  • Elderly (motive: poor or bored)
  • Mothers with multiple little children (strollers hold swag, and if caught, the kids are blamed)
  • Fat people (due to size and baggy clothes, can hide more on their person and still not look lumpy)
  • People wearing baggy coats - especially fat people wearing baggy coats. Particularly fat women in baggy coats pushing strollers.
So - Gavin? It ain't the masks. It's the baggy clothing, the backpacks, the big tote bags, the strollers...
ETA: as a fat woman wearing baggy clothes, I am mindful of this when shopping, and always keep my hands in sight for the cameras. In small shops, I immediately hand each selection to the shopkeeper, asking if they would please hold it at the desk until I'm ready to pay.

arayder

Post by arayder »

Gavin's barely hidden wet dream of shop lifters ravaging mask compliant businesses says a lot. I suspect our subject wishes such business men and women would be driven out of business by hoards of angry, freedom loving, shop lifters.

Our self-serving subject blamed the failure of his photography business on clients who didn't like his politics. One can't help but wonder if he isn't trying to rationalize the failure of his cafe'.

One "wounders" if the customers who attend the Blue Coffee cafe' sense that Gavin and his unmasked staff have no more regard for their safety than Gavin does for the well being of his fellow business men and business women.

noblepa

Post by noblepa »

arayder wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:32 pm Gavin's barely hidden wet dream of shop lifters ravaging mask compliant businesses says a lot. I suspect our subject wishes such business men and women would be driven out of business by hoards of angry, freedom loving, shop lifters.

Our self-serving subject blamed the failure of his photography business on clients who didn't like his politics. One can't help but wonder if he isn't trying to rationalize the failure of his cafe'.

One "wounders" if the customers who attend the Blue Coffee cafe' sense that Gavin and his unmasked staff have no more regard for their safety than Gavin does for the well being of his fellow business men and business women.
If he was spouting off about his political ideas when he was supposed to be taking photographs, then he deserved to fail.

Anyone with half a brain knows that politics and religion are two subjects that can easily offend people. If you're trying to sell someone your product or services, stay away from those subjects. No reason to risk pissing off a paying customer.

I imagine that he couldn't keep his mouth shut about what he saw as the injustice of it all and how the evil "blue Isis" police were trampling on his God-given rights.

Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

I wonder if Gavvy regrets his decision to turn-tail it to Ole Mehico now that anti-cop sentiment in the US seems to be at an all-time high? He could be a star in the ACAB* or Defund movements . . . or would his self-destructive narcissism doom him? I think his track record indicates yes.

*all cops are bad.

arayder

Post by arayder »

Resume18 wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 4:24 pm I wonder if Gavvy regrets his decision to turn-tail it to Ole Mehico now that anti-cop sentiment in the US seems to be at an all-time high? He could be a star in the ACAB* or Defund movements . . . or would his self-destructive narcissism doom him? I think his track record indicates yes.
*all cops are bad.
It's worth noting that Gavin and his 1st amendment auditor buddies were expert at harassing cops who weren't doing anything wrong. It's not like, at that time (2015 to 2017), there weren't well documented cases of cops abusing their authority.

Gavin, being the witless fool he is, couldn't be bothered with these cases, but rather decided to try to tell the public that police crimes included using unmarked cars and slowing traffic at stops by using their flashing lights.

if anything they set the police reform movement back because their youtubes made it seem that cops were all harmless ticket writers.

boots

Post by boots »

There are persons who think the corruptibility of third world cops is a bonus. They can get away with all kinds of crap by flashing money. That line of thinking rationalizes it as the equivalent of being able to afford a good lawyer or a connected one in the States. It wouldn't even surprise me to learn that Gabbin has bought his way out of a few scuffles with authorities.

neeneko

Post by neeneko »

boots wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:49 pm There are persons who think the corruptibility of third world cops is a bonus. They can get away with all kinds of crap by flashing money. That line of thinking rationalizes it as the equivalent of being able to afford a good lawyer or a connected one in the States. It wouldn't even surprise me to learn that Gabbin has bought his way out of a few scuffles with authorities.
Yeah, it dovetails a lot with gospel of prosperity stuff. Something is immoral only if you can not buy your way out of consequences.

Patagoniagirl

Post by Patagoniagirl »

boots wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:49 pm There are persons who think the corruptibility of third world cops is a bonus. They can get away with all kinds of crap by flashing money. That line of thinking rationalizes it as the equivalent of being able to afford a good lawyer or a connected one in the States. It wouldn't even surprise me to learn that Gabbin has bought his way out of a few scuffles with authorities.
HooBoy did you hit the nail on the head!

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

boots wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:49 pm It wouldn't even surprise me to learn that Gabbin Grant has bought his Gavin's way out of a few scuffles with authorities.
FTFY.

This bramble need not be traversed.
arayder

Post by arayder »

TheNewSaint wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:27 pm
boots wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 5:49 pm It wouldn't even surprise me to learn that Gabbin Grant has bought his Gavin's way out of a few scuffles with authorities.
FTFY.
If Gavin wants to change the world, he should try living in it first.

Whether was homeschooling, cushy jobs at dad's business, bankrolled fantasy careers, countless man toys, a financed run to Mexico, or a set up cafe', the way was always smoothly paved for the the Seim's enfant terrible.

Unlike individuals who have humbly dedicated themselves to public service Gavin doesn't come with a servant's heart. Rather he presents as a narcissist who thinks he knows it all.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

New couch at the failing coffee shop. Something about kissing. I don't care.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

boots

Post by boots »

Blu Coffee Taxwriteoffistan obviously has no customers. We keep seeing pics of the Mexican gal, his buddy and robowife.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

:twisted: now that's promotion at its best - having staff hang out on furniture that is intended to be for customers to use :brickwallsmall: How about posting that picture of the happy customer with his mug of cofeve and willing to get his self on the web :?:

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”