Gavin Seim

Grumpy Old Guy

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Gavin Seim National Geographic turned intro to one of the biggest politician shills of the century in 2020. Who would have thought. Who thinks they will be bankrupt within 5 years?
They probably sent him a FOAD letter when he tried to submit his photographs.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

No one, Seim. Not even you if you were honest.
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:57 am
arayder wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:43 am
True to form Mr. Truth Teller removed a comment made by a Ephrata, Washington resident in which she said Gavin is known as a jerk back home, that everyone in Ephrata is happy he's in Mexico and hopes he stays there.
Gives me hope for Ephrata.
Allegedy, after getting out of clanger in Ephrata. he was walking out of the station when somebody drove by and yelled, "lock him up!"
North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Northland10 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:58 pm
arayder wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 7:43 am
True to form Mr. Truth Teller removed a comment made by a Ephrata, Washington resident in which she said Gavin is known as a jerk back home, that everyone in Ephrata is happy he's in Mexico and hopes he stays there.
Allegedy, after getting out of clanger in Ephrata. he was walking out of the station when somebody drove by and yelled, "lock him up!"
Now it's clear why he has refugee status in Mexico. His neighbors didn't like him. Wonder why.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

pipistrelle wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:19 pm
Northland10 wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 9:58 pm
Now it's clear why he has refugee status in Mexico. His neighbors didn't like him. Wonder why.
Other than YucaTom, I have no supporting data or evidence, but I would suggest that his current neighbors don't like him either.
boots

Post by boots »

Sometimes a business exists for a reason other than making money.

E.g, tax write off, cover for illicit commerce or income, etc.

It could even be nothing more than a way to easier fund Gavin's self-exile.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Gav started an "English Club" at his coffee shop - doesn't look like it was well attended (also no masks of course).
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Also he posted a pic of a mop on someone's head - IDK why. He is an idiot.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

scirreeve wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:47 pm Gav started an "English Club" at his coffee shop - doesn't look like it was well attended (also no masks of course).Capture.JPG
Gavin needs as much vocabulary and spelling instruction as anyone in "English club." Perhaps more.

God he's a dope. WTActualF did Sondra ever see in him? Or did anyone? Ever?
arayder

Post by arayder »

Resume18 wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 1:23 am
scirreeve wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:47 pm Gav started an "English Club" at his coffee shop - doesn't look like it was well attended (also no masks of course).Capture.JPG
Gavin needs as much vocabulary and spelling instruction as anyone in "English club." Perhaps more.

God he's a dope. WTActualF did Sondra ever see in him? Or did anyone? Ever?
I have often speculated that Gavin is the victim of an adult onset mental illness. By this theory it's possible for Sondra to have met and married Gavin before he showed symptoms. . .or at least early in the progression of a mental illness.

Gavin started his freedom loving exploits as a more mainstream protestor/critic of the powers that be. But eventually his protests veered into the abnormal, specializing in the verbal abuse of authority figures during his own brand of 1st amendment audits. I believe Gavin's mental health issues were on clear display before and during his flight to Mexico. The sight of his shell shocked kids in the back of the truth van, staring into space, while daddy ranted in the front seat was heart breaking.

Many here have speculated that Gavin's parents have worked to help him stay on medication. . .a particularly challenging task during his RV travels and more so now that he is in Mexico. I suspect the recent businessman phase of Gavin's exploits are part of an intervention by the family which saw poor Gavvy traveling down the same sad cop harassment path in Mexico that he traveled in Washington.

One "tell" in Gavin's behavior is his response to criticism during which he says, "It's not (fill in the blank) to want to live free and teach your children to do the same." Many times he fills in the blank with "crazy", suggesting that someone has called him out for some sort of abhorrent behavior.
Azastan

Post by Azastan »

scirreeve wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:47 pm Gav started an "English Club" at his coffee shop - doesn't look like it was well attended (also no masks of course).
"Spanish is too hard and I want to speak English, so I have set up a 'club' to make it look as if I am interested in teaching my neighbours English".
jemcanada

Post by jemcanada »

Azastan wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:24 am
scirreeve wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:47 pm Gav started an "English Club" at his coffee shop - doesn't look like it was well attended (also no masks of course).
"Spanish is too hard and I want to speak English, so I have set up a 'club' to make it look as if I am interested in teaching my neighbours English".
After Seim’s lessons, they still won’t be able to speak English and their Spanish will probably suffer too :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

This is a fair point. Even though immersed, his Spanish sucks, his inflections worse than high schoolers in Español 1. Not satisfied with mis-educating his children, he's now gonna infect his neighbors with poor English grammar and usage.

What a dope.
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

boots wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:33 pm Sometimes a business exists for a reason other than making money.

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like:

Because using small businesses to launder money is so common, I do think it's a real possibility that the coffeeshop and/or the family biz in WA earns some extra income that way.

I recall reading a fascinating article by a woman whose dad was in home building. She talked about the influx of drug money laundering in home construction and remodeling, listing many of the ways the funds could be laundered. The company gets a cut, but as she pointed out, once you do business with criminals, you're forever at risk of prosecution, or retaliation if you try to get out of it.
I've heard this bull before.
arayder

Post by arayder »

DejaMoo wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 12:42 pm
boots wrote: Sun Aug 16, 2020 10:33 pm Sometimes a business exists for a reason other than making money.

:like: :like: :like: :like: :like:

Because using small businesses to launder money is so common, I do think it's a real possibility that the coffeeshop and/or the family biz in WA earns some extra income that way.

I recall reading a fascinating article by a woman whose dad was in home building. She talked about the influx of drug money laundering in home construction and remodeling, listing many of the ways the funds could be laundered. The company gets a cut, but as she pointed out, once you do business with criminals, you're forever at risk of prosecution, or retaliation if you try to get out of it.
Daddy Grant might put money into the cafe' to hide income. In this way he'd operate opposite of money launderers by converting otherwise observable and reportable income from his business into unobservable cash that can be spent down in Mexico without reporting it.

Gav gets the dough and the taxman gets the shaft.
Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Something I’ve never bothered to follow up is Clark and Kala Seim of Soap Lake, Washington State, who appear to have a gun dealership (and a dog “kennel business”), and appears to be into cosplay.

https://www.guntrustdepot.com/FFL-Deale ... r?id=76094

https://ms-my.facebook.com/pg/BarrackCosplay/community/
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Uninformed wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 7:06 pm Something I’ve never bothered to follow up is Clark and Kala Seim of Soap Lake, Washington State, who appear to have a gun dealership (and a dog “kennel business”), and appears to be into cosplay.

https://www.guntrustdepot.com/FFL-Deale ... r?id=76094

https://ms-my.facebook.com/pg/BarrackCosplay/community/
I didn't know about the gun dealer part but both of them appear to work at Grant's. Clark was in several Gav videos when he still lived in Ephrata and IIRC was involved in the live streamed rush to get cash to post Gav's bail.
Kendra

Post by Kendra »

Business search on her name.
talks2Eagles

Post by talks2Eagles »

:clap: FOR SURE!!
jemcanada wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 9:27 am
After Seim’s lessons, they still won’t be able to speak English and their Spanish will probably suffer too :rotflmao: :rotflmao:
talks2Eagles

Post by talks2Eagles »

ONE would think after going on 3 years in Mexico he would be fluent. Perhaps he has a terribly low IQ or learning disabilities that were NEVER addressed?
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

No. Its just hard to learn a language when you won't shut up and listen.
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
arayder

Post by arayder »

We should not assume Seim is immersed in Mexican society so as to have regular opportunities to speak Spanish. He seems to spend a lot of time on his computer, on social media and putzing around at his photography business. The opening of the cafe' doesn't seem to have helped his Spanish. One wonders how often he's there and how many customers come in thus giving him a chance to work his language skills.

When Gavin's poor social skills and his innately snobby, superior attitude are added into the mix it's difficult to imagine him in a language learning environment in which he listens, learns and humbly accepts corrections.
JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

arayder wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:56 am When Gavin's poor social skills and his innately snobby, superior attitude are added into the mix it's difficult to imagine him in a language learning environment in which he listens, learns and humbly accepts corrections.
It's all attitude. Gavin does not believe that those little brown people around him have anything to offer him. So he doesn't try to learn their language.

When I got dropped into living in a Spanish speaking country as a kid, one of the first things I learned was how to explain, in Spanish, that I'm sorry I don't speak their language very well after only living here for ___ months, but I'm really trying, so please understand that I may not comprehend everything you say. The humility generally worked well with the people that I interacted with.

I really liked the challenge of immersion in a different culture and the satisfaction of seeing my Spanish skills grow almost daily. But Gavin will experience none of that because of his narcissistic entitlement.
arayder

Post by arayder »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:16 pm
arayder wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:56 am When Gavin's poor social skills and his innately snobby, superior attitude are added into the mix it's difficult to imagine him in a language learning environment in which he listens, learns and humbly accepts corrections.
It's all attitude. Gavin does not believe that those little brown people around him have anything to offer him. So he doesn't try to learn their language.

When I got dropped into living in a Spanish speaking country as a kid, one of the first things I learned was how to explain, in Spanish, that I'm sorry I don't speak their language very well after only living here for ___ months, but I'm really trying, so please understand that I may not comprehend everything you say. The humility generally worked well with the people that I interacted with.

I really liked the challenge of immersion in a different culture and the satisfaction of seeing my Spanish skills grow almost daily. But Gavin will experience none of that because of his narcissistic entitlement.
I think there is a parallel to this narcissism in Gavin's study of the law. He selfishly shifted through the subject until he found some theories he liked and then proclaimed them to be law. He seems unable to grasp that the law wasn't made to completely suit his needs. Likewise he has recently opined that businesses requiring customers to wear masks don't have such property rights and by law exist solely to do the bidding of the customer.

In the same vein the boy believes that God exists for the most part to protect his rights. . .as he, Gavin (not to be confused with God), sees them. I've been in a lot of churches and I don't remember any of them leaving the universal love thing out like Gavvy does.
boots

Post by boots »

JohnPCapitalist wrote: Tue Aug 18, 2020 12:16 pm
Exactly. In one of his videos he derisively referred to a group of police speaking their native language as "chattering." It may sound like chattering to someone who doesn't speak Spanish at the pace they do, but Gavin seemed to discount the fact they were actually communicating with each other. It was beneath him to learn to understand conversational Spanish.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”