Gavin Seim

DejaMoo

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by DejaMoo »

arayder wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 9:11 am Well, that exposes my bias. I had figured the Amish were well skilled at keeping their environs well kept and sanitary.
The Amish also have a bad reputation in the animal rescue community due to the number of Amish puppy mills. Conditions in those mills suggest that the Amish still have the old-fashioned utilitarian view of animals, instead of the more modern views about animal welfare.
I've heard this bull before.
arayder

Post by arayder »

Photoguy wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:51 pm
Dave at Sea wrote: Wed Jul 29, 2020 6:23 pm And here I was thinking it was descriptive of
Puss from a pustule that had dried (caked).

The same language divided by an ocean...
I’m in the same boat Dave! :think:
This is all there is to it. You think "puss cake" is offensive? Get a load of this tough love:

arayder

Post by arayder »

From Gavin's Facebook page:
Gavin Seim Fake patriots excuse for suporting police state in 2020... But, who will stop the pedos.
. . .and the wife beaters and the child abusers?
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

If I owned a coffee shop with no customers I probably would not post this.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

7:30 is late for a coffee shop to open.
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Is there just one employee?
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:28 am Is there just one employee?
Probably. I've seen no evidence they need more than one. :doh:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
arayder

Post by arayder »

Many small shops and restaurants I have encountered are owned by their owner/operators who spend long hours at the shop. Since they're always on site, especially when the place first opens, the establishment takes on the personality of the owner. The task master boss has wait staff who get your order 30 seconds after your butt hits the seat. The gregarious owner has friendly staff who engage you wanting to know what you thought of the new sandwich on the menu.

Hours are set to meet the needs of customers. The owner's hard work insures that the place is full during peak hours. Customers are known by name and families are often asked about. Regulars tend to think of these places as parts of their lives.

I don't see any of that in Gavin's photos.
neonzx

Post by neonzx »

RVInit wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:48 am
Have we ever seen an actual customer? :think:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

neonzx wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 11:22 am
RVInit wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 10:48 am
Have we ever seen an actual customer? :think:
There's one video where the young woman (girl?) with braces is trying to entice people to come in during a downpour. One of the commenters said something to the effect of leave the comfort of home in downpour for a coffee? "Blu" agreed this was funny.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

pipistrelle wrote: Sat Aug 08, 2020 5:21 am 7:30 is late for a coffee shop to open.
But it's quite early for layabouts like Gav.
Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon »

I forget, but have we determined whether El Slime is making his coffee with the vaunted Mexican tap water?
Delusion: A poot who thinks that he/she is one of "we the people." ;)
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Gav saw cows today. I did too. Gav is flailing. No one cares about Gav seeing cows.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10 ... 8265809683
arayder

Post by arayder »

From Gavin's Facebook page:
Our socisty accepted this huge fraud because fake education enabled it. If you send your kids back to the goverment schools to be brainwashed, you are the reason.
When it comes to the Seim's, "socisty" need do only a light rinse.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Interesting article about Gav.
On April 22, American Gavin Seim caused a minor media firestorm in Mexico when he posted a video on social media showing him flouting COVID-19 restrictions in the city of Santiago de Querétaro. The maskless Seim insisted that the government had no right to close a plaza he was visiting as part of its efforts to limit large gatherings, nor to manage his health. Several media outlets and commentators brushed him off as a disgruntled tourist. The American ambassador to Mexico, Christopher Landau, called him “a spoiled brat and an embarrassment to our country… a perfect example of the ‘Ugly American.’” :snippity:

Neither the Mexican Commission for Aid to Refugees, which vets and approves asylum claims for the nation, nor the U.S. Embassy in Mexico responded to requests for comment. But Maureen Meyer of the human rights group WOLA pointed out that the Mexican National Institute of Migration’s data indicates it has issued 12 permanent residence permits to Americans based on refugee status attainment so far this year—and issued seven of them in January, when Seim claims he, his wife, and their five kids received said documents. :snippity:

And José Antonio “Toño” Mejía Lira, the municipal president of Tequisquiapan, in Querétaro State, where Seim has filmed several videos, told The Daily Beast that Seim wasn’t on his radar. Whatever this American gets up to, Mejía Lira explained, “does not concern the municipality.”
Whole thing here: https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-bizar ... -to-mexico
fierceredpanda
Location: BAR Headquarters - Turn left past the picture of King George III
Occupation: Criminal defense attorney - I am not your lawyer, and my posts do not constitute legal advice

Post by fierceredpanda »

I just saw the Seim article on The Daily Beast. I'm very ambivalent about it. What he craves, more than anything, is attention and exposure. Why give it to him?
"There's no play here. There's no angle. There's no champagne room. I'm not a miracle worker, I'm a janitor. The math on this is simple; the smaller the mess, the easier it is for me to clean up." -Michael Clayton

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

Now, now, how is Gavin supposed to learn if we don't help him out?

Escucha,

Gavin saw una vaca. What does una vaca say? Una vaca says, "el moo-oh." What does Gavin spew? Mierda de vaca.

¿Entiende? ¡Muy bien!
Image Image Image Image Image
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

scirreeve wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:55 am Gav saw cows today. I did too. Gav is flailing. No one cares about Gav seeing cows.
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbid=10 ... 8265809683
That's a horse Gav.
Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Resume18 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:26 am
scirreeve wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:55 am Gav saw cows today. I did too. Gav is flailing. No one cares about Gav seeing cows.
:snippity:
That's a horse Gav.
The horse's ass isn't in the picture.
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:29 am
Resume18 wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:26 am
That's a horse Gav.
The horse's ass isn't in the picture.
Indeed, Thank you for that laugh, I needed it.
boots

Post by boots »

It's a photo of his bike. I spy some quality components, including a White industries crankset, which are not cheap.
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Oh, look. The Daily Beast has done a story on Gavin. I bet he loves the attention.

The Bizarre Story of a Far-Right Activist Taking COVID Trutherism to Mexico
ANTI-MASK ROADSHOW
The weirdest part: He insists that he’s not just a visitor being a jerk, but a political refugee from American injustice.
https://www.thedailybeast.com/the-bizar ... -to-mexico
On April 22, American Gavin Seim caused a minor media firestorm in Mexico when he posted a video on social media showing him flouting COVID-19 restrictions in the city of Santiago de Querétaro. The maskless Seim insisted that the government had no right to close a plaza he was visiting as part of its efforts to limit large gatherings, nor to manage his health. Several media outlets and commentators brushed him off as a disgruntled tourist. The American ambassador to Mexico, Christopher Landau, called him “a spoiled brat and an embarrassment to our country… a perfect example of the ‘Ugly American.’”
Seim responded briefly to an initial query, but as of publication had not actually addressed any issues raised in messages sent by The Daily Beast seeking comment for this story.

Far-right movement scholar Matthew Sweeney says he’s never heard of someone in these circles leaving to live in Mexico before. Seim’s decision has confused and amused some fellow Bundy circle members, who sometimes see trials as a welcome opportunity to grandstand for their beliefs.

But even stranger than Seim’s choice is the fact that Mexico may actually—as Seim claimed earlier this year—have granted him and his family asylum.

Daniel Berlin of Asylum Access, a group that helps asylum seekers navigate the country’s immigration system, told The Daily Beast that Seim’s description of the asylum process matches his group’s case experiences, and that papers he has brandished on camera, while not definitive, appeared to be valid at first glance.

Neither the Mexican Commission for Aid to Refugees, which vets and approves asylum claims for the nation, nor the U.S. Embassy in Mexico responded to requests for comment. But Maureen Meyer of the human rights group WOLA pointed out that the Mexican National Institute of Migration’s data indicates it has issued 12 permanent residence permits to Americans based on refugee status attainment so far this year—and issued seven of them in January, when Seim claims he, his wife, and their five kids received said documents.
I've heard this bull before.
JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

boots wrote: Sun Aug 09, 2020 1:39 pm It's a photo of his bike. I spy some quality components, including a White industries crankset, which are not cheap.
Yeah, when I saw the picture of the bike, I thought it looked sort of like a Rivendell, or at least some sort of handmade frame. I missed the crankcase but those brown tires are all the rage in some circles these days.

But then I thought, "naahh, Gavin is to shallow to actually do the homework to understand why something like a Rivendell or White Brothers cranks are good things. He buys the top of the line at Sam's Club or Home Depot. Not boutique items like bespoke bicycles that require a lot of research not to say a lot of class.

I have built some awesome custom bikes in my life so I have some idea how hard it is to do.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Wow, maybe the little shitbag really did get asylum. I wonder how much Grant paid for that.
This bramble need not be traversed.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Yeah - that was the most interesting part for me about Gav "maybe" getting asylum. Reporter did some work on trying to figure that out. Those of us that pay attention to Gav knew everything else in the article.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”