Gavin Seim

Resume18

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by Resume18 »

TheNewSaint wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:06 am
Resume18 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:32 pm As far as whether a bang or a whimper I think the climax is going to depend on his supposed "refugee status". Gavvy has claimed that he has recognized asylum but I find it unlikely, I imagine he applied for asylum didn't get a real response either way bc as I understand it it's a long process everywhere
It's possible he got one because his daddy bribed somebody. Gavin's too stupid to realize that's how Mexico works, and too pigheaded to pay money to a government official for anything, but it's possible he had outside help.

Which means that, since refugee admissions tend to have an annual quota, this action sent seven actual refugees to their deaths. Enjoy explaining that when you're at the pearly gates, Grant.
I think you're quoting Baidn here; regardless, it's possible Daddy paid the mordida, but as you noted it's not going to be a one time deal.

AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

TheNewSaint wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:11 am
AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 3:20 am
TheNewSaint wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:42 pm I'll cop to that one too.
Are you using US or English slang? :lol:
Aren't they pretty much the same?
My understanding is that the US variant means receive or take. e.g. "to cop the big one". The UK variant "to cop off" is anything from a snog to a shag, which would be more appropriate for activities whilst trying to decode R rated channels :-

Curmudgeon

Post by Curmudgeon »

TheNewSaint wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 7:42 pm I'll cop to that one too.

sometimes, but consider:
From Wikipedia:
Cigarette, known as a fag in colloquial British English. Fagging, in British public schools. Faggot (slang), an American English slur for a homosexual.

Delusion: A poot who thinks that he/she is one of "we the people." ;)
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Curmudgeon wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:50 am sometimes, but consider:
From Wikipedia:
Cigarette, known as a fag in colloquial British English. Fagging, in British public schools. Faggot (slang), an American English slur for a homosexual.
A faggot is also a tasty west country treat.

Although I can see why there could be confusion with that one,

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:49 am

My understanding is that the US variant means receive or take. e.g. "to cop the big one". The UK variant "to cop off" is anything from a snog to a shag, which would be more appropriate for activities whilst trying to decode R rated channels :-
In American slang, it basically means an admission of guilt to whatever the alleged offense is. (guilty or not)

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

As is customary in English in order to confuse, "cop" is used to mean several things each depending on context, including e.g. "to cop (make) a deal" or "boy, did he cop (get) it".

Edited.

arayder

Post by arayder »

Resume18 wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:46 am
TheNewSaint wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 10:06 am
Resume18 wrote: Tue May 19, 2020 1:32 pm As far as whether a bang or a whimper I think the climax is going to depend on his supposed "refugee status". Gavvy has claimed that he has recognized asylum but I find it unlikely, I imagine he applied for asylum didn't get a real response either way bc as I understand it it's a long process everywhere
It's possible he got one because his daddy bribed somebody. Gavin's too stupid to realize that's how Mexico works, and too pigheaded to pay money to a government official for anything, but it's possible he had outside help.

Which means that, since refugee admissions tend to have an annual quota, this action sent seven actual refugees to their deaths. Enjoy explaining that when you're at the pearly gates, Grant.
I think you're quoting Baidn here; regardless, it's possible Daddy paid the mordida, but as you noted it's not going to be a one time deal.
I think Gavin's faking it. One of the members here claims to have seen enough of the paperwork Gavin flashed in front of the camera to understand that it was just an application. One of the favorite tricks in the poot/sovcit is to wave letters, forms and other papers work in front of the camera and then tell the viewer the papers say something they don't say.

Gavin came up with the whole "I'm-a-refugee" story about the time he started running afoul of Mexican authorities over his renewed cop harassment practices. As dysfunctional as it may sound to us Gavin had to change the subject away from speculation that he was screwing up the same way it did back in Washington and in the process writing himself a ticket back to the U.S.

But that's all water under the bridge now because Gavin has managed to covid deny his way into infamy in Ole Mexico. Mexicans are petitioning the government to have him deported. The American ambassador has called him out. His town square Youtube has been made into a comedy sendup. He's being threatened on Instagram. Mexicans who recognize him on the street shout insults at him. And Youtube and Facebook regularly get voluminous complaints about his posts.

The "I-wanna-be-like-Gav" PR campaign is not going well.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 11:49 am My understanding is that the US variant means receive or take. e.g. "to cop the big one". The UK variant "to cop off" is anything from a snog to a shag, which would be more appropriate for activities whilst trying to decode R rated channels :-
I meant it in the sense of "admit to guilt", e.g. cop a plea. Though given the nature of the subject matter, I may have been subconsciously drawing on "cop a feel".

I honestly wasn't aware of any major difference in the UK usage of the word. I worked for a UK-US company, where language differences were a common topic of discussion, and that one never came up.

This bramble need not be traversed.
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Uninformed wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:21 pm As is customary in English in order to confuse, "cop" is used to mean several things each depending on context, including e.g. "to cop (make) a deal" or "boy, did he cop (get) it".

Edited.
Also in common use in the 70s: to cop a joint. The definition depended on the situation - you were either smoking a marijuana cigarette, or you were --- well, as Chevy Chase noted, you weren't actually blowing on it.

I've heard this bull before.
RVInit

Post by RVInit »

arayder wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 1:16 pm :snippity:

I think Gavin's faking it. One of the members here claims to have seen enough of the paperwork Gavin flashed in front of the camera to understand that it was just an application. One of the favorite tricks in the poot/sovcit is to wave letters, forms and other papers work in front of the camera and then tell the viewer the papers say something they don't say.

Gavin came up with the whole "I'm-a-refugee" story about the time he started running afoul of Mexican authorities over his renewed cop harassment practices. As dysfunctional as it may sound to us Gavin had to change the subject away from speculation that he was screwing up the same way it did back in Washington and in the process writing himself a ticket back to the U.S.

But that's all water under the bridge now because Gavin has managed to covid deny his way into infamy in Ole Mexico. Mexicans are petitioning the government to have him deported. The American ambassador has called him out. His town square Youtube has been made into a comedy sendup. He's being threatened on Instagram. Mexicans who recognize him on the street shout insults at him. And Youtube and Facebook regularly get voluminous complaints about his posts.

The "I-wanna-be-like-Gav" PR campaign is not going well.
:yeah: all of the above.

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage
LtDansLegs

Post by LtDansLegs »

Azastan wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:06 am
LtDansLegs wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 am

You don't need to "have" it, it's public. Click on the logo in the bottom right corner and it's viewable.
Not if anti-tracking blocking is installed. Thanks!
Just as a general PSA, public is public. I have all of that and more, including rather specialized options not available for free/to the public, and still am able (because as someone in that industry it's important that my own clicks and visits aren't included in either client numbers or competitor totals). If you're using something that simply blocks the entire domain from loading for you it is not doing you any favors. Of course, never visiting Facebook/IG ever is in general guaranteed to make your life better :-D But an Incognito window with scripts disabled is sufficient for 99% of privacy-minded people.

Azastan

Post by Azastan »

LtDansLegs wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 9:10 pm
Azastan wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 8:06 am
LtDansLegs wrote: Wed May 20, 2020 12:13 am

You don't need to "have" it, it's public. Click on the logo in the bottom right corner and it's viewable.
Not if anti-tracking blocking is installed. Thanks!
Just as a general PSA, public is public. I have all of that and more, including rather specialized options not available for free/to the public, and still am able (because as someone in that industry it's extremely important that l clicks and visits aren't included in either client numbers or competitor totals). If you're using something that simply blocks the entire domain from loading for you it is not doing you any favors. Of course, never visiting Facebook/IG ever is in general guaranteed to make your life better :-D But an Incognito window with scripts disabled is sufficient for 99% of privacy-minded people.
It was simply a polite request. It also helps memorialize things in the event that those things are deleted.

But, whatever.

arayder

Post by arayder »

arayder wrote: Fri Jan 10, 2020 9:56 pm . . .If you watch Gavin's old youtubes you can see that he's working the situations in order to make himself look good.

If the cops Poo Poo Boy confronted didn't act sufficiently nervous he'd put a hand in his pocket pretending he had a weapon there. When the cops would finally act jumpy Gavin would pretend they were intimidated by his marvelousness. Gavin's problem was that he was too stupid to have bothered to edit out all the video during which cops told him to take his hands out of his pockets. . .
I got to thinking about Gavin's trick of putting a hand in one of his pockets to make the cops jumpy while I was reading some of Massad Ayoob's* articles about officer involved shootings.

Ayoob, a firearms and self-defense instructor, describes incidents in which people get themselves shot by cops and one of the best ways is to reach for something after having refused a command, smarted off or done something dangerously illegal.

Gavin was lucky he didn't get his arse shot back in Ephrata. My guess is that he was trading on the fact that the cops knew who he was and correctly figured him to be the twerp he is. This explains why he stopped using the I'm-reaching-for-something trick when he got to Mexico.

*https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Massad_Ayoob

*https://www.backwoodshome.com/blogs/MassadAyoob/

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

arayder wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:31 pm
I got to thinking about Gavin's trick of putting a hand in one of his pockets to make the cops jumpy while I was reading some of Massad Ayoob's* articles about officer involved shootings.

Gavin was lucky he didn't get his arse shot back in Ephrata. My guess is that he was trading on the fact that the cops knew who he was and correctly figured him to be the twerp he is. This explains why he stopped using the I'm-reaching-for-something trick when he got to Mexico.
That, and seeing what happened to LaVoy when he pulled the same move*.

*Which I shall forever know as a spalm. Somebody should create an Urban Dictionary entry for that word.

I've heard this bull before.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

arayder wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:31 pm Gavin was lucky he didn't get his arse shot back in Ephrata. My guess is that he was trading on the fact that the cops knew who he was and correctly figured him to be the twerp he is.
Also, he's white.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

TheNewSaint wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:40 pm
arayder wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 3:31 pm Gavin was lucky he didn't get his arse shot back in Ephrata. My guess is that he was trading on the fact that the cops knew who he was and correctly figured him to be the twerp he is.
Also, he's white.
Finicum found out the hard way that white guys don't necessarily get a pass when reaching for a gun.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:35 pm Finicum found out the hard way that white guys don't necessarily get a pass when reaching for a gun.
No, but it helps.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:35 pm
TheNewSaint wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 5:40 pm
Also, he's white.
Finicum found out the hard way that white guys don't necessarily get a pass when reaching for a gun.
He did get a pass the first several times.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

I have no idea what this idiot is bloviating about. Maybe some comment on some social media account? Can't be bothered to look for it.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

jmj

Post by jmj »

So he's criticising those that wish ill on those they consider tyrants? That's rich.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

jmj wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:12 am So he's criticising those that wish ill on those they consider tyrants? That's rich.
He's scared that he will be lynched as a result of his words/deeds/assholiness

arayder

Post by arayder »

Dave at Sea wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:21 am
jmj wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:12 am So he's criticising those that wish ill on those they consider tyrants? That's rich.
He's scared that he will be lynched as a result of his words/deeds/assholiness
That's what I wondered about, too, Dave. My guess is that Gavin's neighbors have figured out he's the crazy guy on the youtube and have no trouble giving him hell about his covid denial. Gavin gift for hyperbole would translate the situation into a lynching.

The virus is spreading badly in Mexico and all Gavin's talk about it being just the flu has to make Mexicans angry as their friends and family grow ill or die. Likewise, his refusal to wear a mask and his urging others to do the same has to grate on a population that has to work and needs everyone to wear masks.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

I doubt that el slime realises that he has no-one if any influence that will help get him out of the world of hurt he is putting himself in the way of...

I can but say...

BRING IT ON!!!!!

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

scirreeve wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:03 am I have no idea what this idiot is bloviating about. Maybe some comment on some social media account? Can't be bothered to look for it.
Capture.JPG
He tags his photo shoots of young Latino teenage girls as #sexy.

Yeah, well. He's a #pedo

ETA: More accurately, #pederast because he likes them after they hit puberty.

BigSkip

Post by BigSkip »

neonzx wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 9:42 am
scirreeve wrote: Fri May 22, 2020 1:03 am I have no idea what this idiot is bloviating about. Maybe some comment on some social media account? Can't be bothered to look for it.
Capture.JPG
He tags his photo shoots of young Latino teenage girls as #sexy.

Yeah, well. He's a #pedo

ETA: More accurately, #pederast because he likes them after they hit puberty.
Pederast would mean an attraction to boys. You are wanting to use #hebephile or possibly more accurately #ephebophile.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”