Gavin Seim

Slicester

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by Slicester »

I would like to keep the thread here. I keep up with his antics in this forum waiting for his eventual downfall.

If there needs to be a flame / discussion about him personally, create a new thread in FEMA.

realist

Post by realist »

I have as of a few minutes ago approved two of his posts.

So ...
ImageX 4 ImageX36

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Gavin Seim wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:03 pm
I already escaped the wurst FEMA camps in the world THE USA!!!
You haven't escaped the USA unless you are earning enough money in Mexico to support your family. Getting donations from friends and family in the USA means that you are still tied.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:34 pm
Gavin Seim wrote:
You haven't escaped the USA unless you are earning enough money in Mexico to support your family. Getting donations from friends and family in the USA means that you are still tied.
And given up US citizenship and the dollar.
Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

boots

Post by boots »

Gavin - Do you think it's fair to your children to have to live in rural Mexico away from their friends, away from the familiarities and conveniences of home, away from family, just because you don't want to stand trial for a minimal misdemeanor charge, or fight a valid legal issue over the access to your phone?

jmj

Post by jmj »

realist wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:16 pm

So ...
Of course, it could also be some random troll pretending to be him...

Somerset

Post by Somerset »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:36 pm
Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:34 pm
Gavin Seim wrote:
And given up US citizenship and the dollar.
I'll disagree with this. I can comfortably live outside the US (thus, "escaping") and did so for many years. I don't see much value in giving up my US citizenship (although it has been an option), and the US dollar is just one of many currencies.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

Gavin Seim wrote:
Have you officially (per US law) renounced your citizenship?
Has another country accepted you as a legal immigrant?
Have you been successful in obtaining citizenship there?

If not you are still an American and haven’t escaped being such.

If deported from a Mexico you will be sent back to the USA, it is unlikely that any nation will accept you as a refugee/asylum seeker.

If you want to be free from the USA there are steps you must take.

Let us know how you go.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Gavin Seim wrote:
You're still a citizen of the US until you renounce your citizenship. Once you do that we'll take your 'escape' a wee bit more seriously.
I've heard this bull before.

Somerset

Post by Somerset »

DejaMoo wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:53 pm
Gavin Seim wrote:
You're still a citizen of the US until you renounce your citizenship. Once you do that we'll take your 'escape' a wee bit more seriously.
Or at least show us that Mexico is willing to let you become a naturalized Mexican citizen.

Foggy
Occupation: Hayseed from North Cackilacki, Space Cadet, and your benevolent Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

It's not the real Gavin Seim. It's a random troll.

I double checked the email address, and it's not associated with Seim. Then I did a careful search of the IP address, and it's a company in Southern California that has its own server connected to the web, and it's not an ISP. So whoever it was, s/he has a job in SoCal, and they were using the company computer to fake being Gavin Seim.

And ... s/he's gone.
We don't know what we don't know.

(Fogbow on PayPal)

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

Foggy wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:01 pm

I double checked the email address, and it's not associated with Seim. Then I did a careful search of the IP address, and it's a company in Southern California that has its own server connected to the web, and it's not an ISP. So whoever it was, s/he has a job in SoCal, and they were using the company computer to fake being Gavin Seim.

And ... s/he's gone.
Hmmm. I coulda swore I brought that possibility up. :confused:

Uninformed

Post by Uninformed »

Well done Foggy.

neonzx

Post by neonzx »

Foggy wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:01 pm

And ... s/he's gone.
So we are all-clear to return to our regular routine?
:flame:
To which Trump replied, Fuck the law. I don't give a fuck about the law. I want my fucking money.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

:swoon:

And there I was about to make sausage (wurst) jokes about FEMA..

Foggy
Occupation: Hayseed from North Cackilacki, Space Cadet, and your benevolent Dick Tater

Post by Foggy »

Gavin Seim wrote:I already escaped the wurst FEMA camps in the world THE USA!!!
That was my tipoff, right there.

Whatever he is, he's not illiterate (ha! I knew I could find something positive to say about him). And he goes to a lot of trouble to try to impress people. So "wurst" is definitely out of character. And calling the USA "camps" plural is bad grammar. Then I went back to look at some of his Facebook posts using a sock account I have, and three exclamation points is really unusual for him.

Lastly, why wasn't he complaining about all the stuff we've said about him for 8,000 posts over more than 5 years? No, he didn't mind that. Not our Gavin Seim. Instead he was going to post the whole video for us, because he likes us so much. Did that smell wrong to you?

So that got me doing a little more detective work on the info he gave when he signed up.

And ... he had me there. :oops: I was sure it was him, and I've been spending far too much time thinking about it over the past 3 days.

Oh well. Good troll job, but it's over now. :bag:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Suranis

Post by Suranis »

The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

It must have been love? :eek2:

No, Suranis. It wasn't love.

What kind of person would pretend to be Gavin Seim, huh? I think part of the reason I fell for it was that. Also, his real website is callmegav dot com, and the email address of the troll was callmegav@mail.com. It didn't occur to me until I realized he was a troll that it should have been [whatever]@callmegav.com.

Ah well, I promise to survive the experience. I feel a little dumb, but at least I caught on after only two posts. :oops:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

Foggy, do you think the phoney Gavin is smarter than Gavin, the phoney?

Whip

Post by Whip »

arayder wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:43 am
Foggy wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 7:00 am

Sound like a plan? :thumbs: :towel:
So all Gav has to do is cease saving Mexico from the forces of tyranny for few minutes and log on?

I'm ok with that.
Fogbow - The Guatemala of messageboards. :rotflmao:

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:51 pm
Foggy, do you think the phoney Gavin is smarter than Gavin, the phoney?
Oooh, tough call.

I'm glad I wrote about losing the phoney Gavin unless he posted, though. When he finally started to post, I read his first two and all sorts of alarms went off in mah headbone.

If the real Gavin ever joins, his first post won't be offering us a gift. I'm pretty sure about that.

:thumbs: :bighug:

(Fogbow on PayPal)

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

Awww, now several Fogfolk are disappointed that the real Señor Slimey isn't joining us! :crying:

You raise our hopes, then … nuffin'. :(

sad-cafe

Post by sad-cafe »

realist wrote:
Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:16 pm

So ...
point us to them...let us see if he is for real, or just wanting to have member privilege.

boots

Post by boots »

There is a layer of absurdity to Seim's adventure that I had failed to realize. I suspect others here may have missed it, too. Because of this thread, I ended up looking at his wikipedia page today, and noted that it made a surprising assertion. The prosecutor, at the hearing Seim missed when he first ran to Meheeeco apparently informed the court he had intended to dismiss a charge against Seim had he attended the hearing. As I have not reviewed the actual court paperwork I don't know if he meant all charges or just one, but it seems possible that Seim would have escaped all punishment if he hadn't run. But now he has a bail jumping charge.

arayder

Post by arayder »

We should not discount the possibility that one of Gavvy's admirers decided to mess with our beloved Foggy. After all all, all Seim had to do was email Foggy and tell him the he wasn't the fake Gavin. We know Gavin watches because he responds to ridicule by pretending to have work and to freely travel in dangerous parts of Mexico.

So why not say, "I ain't that dude."?

A stupid plan, you say? Failing to consider the possibility that a fake Seim would make Gavvy look bad would be characteristic of the bad judgement in the poot sub-culture. And after all Gavin could coach his toady.

Stupid plan? Oh, here's another plan. . .let me harass the cops and when it all goes bad I'll run to Mexico. . .where I'll harass cops in a language I can't speak.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”