Spring forward.
To delete this message, click the X at top right.

Google Street View

Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Google Street View

Post by Maybenaut »

I’m famous! I saw a picture of a google street view car on the intertubes today, and it reminded me of a time last summer when the street view car went by me and Maybedog. I remembered where I was when I saw it, and wondered if it captured me trying to take a picture of it. So I went to that location to see, and sure enough... !
A6BA3704-DC3F-4B86-B88B-50B3486B0CA7.jpeg
A6BA3704-DC3F-4B86-B88B-50B3486B0CA7.jpeg (101.07 KiB) Viewed 2576 times
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
AndyinPA
Verified:

Re: Google Street View

Post by AndyinPA »

Two thumbs up! Very cool, really. :lol:
"Choose your leaders with wisdom and forethought. To be led by a coward is to be controlled by all that the coward fears… To be led by a liar is to ask to be told lies." -Octavia E. Butler
Atticus Finch

Post by Atticus Finch »

Amazing!
You don't need religion to have morals. If you can't determine right from wrong then you lack empathy, not religion.
jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

Google car went by me in Austin years ago.

I must be so damn ugly that I broke the camera, because that little section of street view where I was standing is from years prior while all the other shots were recent.
- your friendly local "extreme moderate", political science extrordinaire, and master of the simulacrum.
Phoenix520
Verified:

Post by Phoenix520 »

Hi Mom!
jmj

Post by jmj »

I dunno who that person is, but I recognize the dog ;)
Volkonski
Verified:

Post by Volkonski »

:D :) :lol:
Maybenaut wrote: Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:55 pm I’m famous! I saw a picture of a google street view car on the intertubes today, and it reminded me of a time last summer when the street view car went by me and Maybedog. I remembered where I was when I saw it, and wondered if it captured me trying to take a picture of it. So I went to that location to see, and sure enough... !A6BA3704-DC3F-4B86-B88B-50B3486B0CA7.jpeg
“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.” ― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace
Reality Check
Verified: ✅ Curmudgeon

Post by Reality Check »

My brother and his son got on Google Street view a few years ago. They saw the car coming up the street in time. There are web sites devoted to crazy people who dressed in costume for the street view car. e.g. https://www.streetviewfun.com/top-100/
Maybenaut
Verified: ✅✅

Post by Maybenaut »

They pixelated my face, but Maybedog is recognizable to all who know him. :shock: :mrgreen:
"Hey! We left this England place because it was bogus, and if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto, we'll just be bogus too!" -- Thomas Jefferson
zekeb
Occupation: Stable genius. One who tosses horseshit with a pitchfork and never misses the spreader.

Post by zekeb »

I see they blurred out your license plate. :lol:
Il factotum
jadedmonk

Post by jadedmonk »

Reality Check wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:47 am My brother and his son got on Google Street view a few years ago. They saw the car coming up the street in time. There are web sites devoted to crazy people who dressed in costume for the street view car. e.g. https://www.streetviewfun.com/top-100/
lol
- your friendly local "extreme moderate", political science extrordinaire, and master of the simulacrum.

Return to “Whatever Doesn't Fit Elsewhere”