Sovereign Citizens and Related Nutz

RoadScholar

Re: Sovereign Citizens and Related Nutz

Post by RoadScholar » Wed Jun 28, 2017 10:29 am

When you sting the elephant, he still has to turn around.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:15 pm

So on the topic of general mixed nuts: does anyone else here follow Talisman Metaphor's SovCit compiliations? I always wonder how many of the people in them are discussed here and I simply never put the names to the faces (or annoying voices).

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:24 pm

I've watched a few sovcit compilations on youtube, if that's what you mean.

Generally I have no idea who it is I'm watching though, so it's difficult to say how many of them have been discussed on the Fogbow.
Am I being detained?

Techno Luddite

Post by Techno Luddite » Wed Jun 28, 2017 12:27 pm

I've noticed the strange voices they have as well.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 1:04 pm

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Northland10 wrote:‘Sovereign citizen’ gets $100,000 bail after interruptions

http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/news/2017 ... erruptions
Wonder what his bail would have been without all the obnoxious behavior. If he had been polite to the officers, he might have been able to walk away from the citation without even being jailed.
According to the following article, he was originally being held on $150 bond.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170622/sel ... zen-arrest

150 to 100,000 takes talent.
North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Wed Jun 28, 2017 2:46 pm

The purpose of bail - well, the ostensible purpose - is to assure the defendant's presence at trial. One of the characteristics of Sovtards is that they believe that no court has jurisdiction over them, that they can break any promise to appear at a future date (one reason for adding some sort of addendum to their signature on a traffic ticket), so the court might suppose that the only way to assure their appearance at trial is simply to deny bail or else set the amount impossibly high. And, in this case, there may also be some very slight inclination to impress on the defendant the importance of minding his manners.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jun 28, 2017 4:57 pm

Techno Luddite wrote:I've noticed the strange voices they have as well.
One reason is, they all have memorized to some extent the formal SovCit procedures to follow when bein "attacked" by law enforcment. First time "offenders" then have to slowly recall the proper questions in the allegedly correct rowsequence, it makes for a painful looking in Youtube videos. And then some guy with lesser IQ pulls out his iPad and scrolls for the proper document and recites the questions from it. And even calls to his mentor to ask how to proceed, and thinks that the traffic cop ought to listen to that phone call on loudspeaker.... :brickwallsmall:

[sorry, no link, that guy turns up in several sovcit compilations]

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Jun 28, 2017 7:16 pm

Northland10 wrote:
JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Northland10 wrote:‘Sovereign citizen’ gets $100,000 bail after interruptions

http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/news/2017 ... erruptions
Wonder what his bail would have been without all the obnoxious behavior. If he had been polite to the officers, he might have been able to walk away from the citation without even being jailed.
According to the following article, he was originally being held on $150 bond.

http://www.pjstar.com/news/20170622/sel ... zen-arrest

150 to 100,000 takes talent.
Typical sovcittard hallmark and talent for turning a misdemeanor in to a serious felony. I'd say this one gets extra points though, maybe not a record, but certainly noteworthy.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Fri Jun 30, 2017 12:21 pm

This guy, Sam Girod, was selling "herbal remedies" despite a court injunction. He was sentenced to six years in jail today for obstruction of justice and not adequately labeling his products. Girod's defenses included that these herbal remedies were not subject to federal supervision, and to require him to work with the FDA was a violation of his religious freedom as an Old Order Amish. Conversely, his customers said they wouldn't have ordered from him if they'd known he was under an injunction.

But that's not why I'm posting here. I'm posting here because Sam Girod is also a sovereign citizen nutbar. From the Lexington Herald-Leader, here are quotes from Mr. Girod, who represented himself, to back up my assertion:
U.S. District Judge Danny Reeves repeatedly asked Girod in court if he wished to make a statement but Girod refused. Girod, who represented himself, does not acknowledge that the court has jurisdiction.

“I do not waive my immunity to this court,” Girod told the judge. “I do not consent.”

:snippity:

In documents filed June 19, Girod argued that the charges in the indictment “do not apply to me.”

“I am not a creation of state/government, as such I am not within its jurisdiction,” Girod wrote. He added later: “The proceedings of the ‘United States District Court’ cannot be applied within the jurisdiction of the ‘State of Kentucky.’”
And what was Girod selling? Among other things, something called "TO-MOR-GONE," which contained bloodroot and had a corrosive effect on human skin.

Obviously, more at the link:

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crim ... 31869.html

ETA: Here's some background on the story:

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/WKYT-I ... 15635.html

And just a comment for these idiot journalists--just because it's herbal doesn't mean it can't harm or kill you.

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Fri Jun 30, 2017 1:38 pm

mmmirele wrote: And what was Girod selling? Among other things, something called "TO-MOR-GONE," which contained bloodroot and had a corrosive effect on human skin.
I was wondering what he could be selling that would actually get the attention of regulators.

In general the Amish are given some pretty wide latitude, and 'herbal remedy' companies have carved out some pretty powerful exceptions for themselves in consumer protection laws. You have to REALLY screw up to get in trouble if both of those are on your side.. unless you piss off a competitor.

phaseolus

Post by phaseolus » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:31 pm

neeneko wrote:
mmmirele wrote: And what was Girod selling? Among other things, something called "TO-MOR-GONE," which contained bloodroot and had a corrosive effect on human skin.
I was wondering what he could be selling that would actually get the attention of regulators...
I think it was just last winter I followed a link in another Fogbow discussion that took me to a page with some information about herbal cancer salves. It's pretty horrific stuff.

vic

Post by vic » Fri Jun 30, 2017 4:43 pm

mmmirele wrote:This guy, Sam Girod, was selling "herbal remedies" despite a court injunction. He was sentenced to six years in jail today for obstruction of justice and not adequately labeling his products. Girod's defenses included that these herbal remedies were not subject to federal supervision, and to require him to work with the FDA was a violation of his religious freedom as an Old Order Amish. Conversely, his customers said they wouldn't have ordered from him if they'd known he was under an injunction.

But that's not why I'm posting here. I'm posting here because Sam Girod is also a sovereign citizen nutbar. From the Lexington Herald-Leader, here are quotes from Mr. Girod, who represented himself, to back up my assertion:
U.S. District Judge Danny Reeves repeatedly asked Girod in court if he wished to make a statement but Girod refused. Girod, who represented himself, does not acknowledge that the court has jurisdiction.

“I do not waive my immunity to this court,” Girod told the judge. “I do not consent.”

In documents filed June 19, Girod argued that the charges in the indictment “do not apply to me.”

“I am not a creation of state/government, as such I am not within its jurisdiction,” Girod wrote. He added later: “The proceedings of the ‘United States District Court’ cannot be applied within the jurisdiction of the ‘State of Kentucky.’”
And what was Girod selling? Among other things, something called "TO-MOR-GONE," which contained bloodroot and had a corrosive effect on human skin.

Obviously, more at the link:

http://www.kentucky.com/news/local/crim ... 31869.html

ETA: Here's some background on the story:

http://www.wkyt.com/content/news/WKYT-I ... 15635.html

And just a comment for these idiot journalists--just because it's herbal doesn't mean it can't harm or kill you.
As further confirmation of SovCitness, what more that a quote from our dear sheriff Mack in the Lexington Herald-Leader article, where he says that he's gonna ask the prez to grant Girod a pardon?

And the supreme power of the county sheriff demonstrates another fail in the WKYT article:
The Bath County Sheriff wrote a letter to those involved, saying he is concerned about the "ongoing ruthless and relentless attack against one of his constituents." The letter went on to say Girod was in the protective custody of his office.
Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:52 pm

vic wrote:
Hidden Content
Hidden Content

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:52 pm

mmmirele wrote:
vic wrote:
Hidden Content
Hidden Content

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Fri Jun 30, 2017 8:59 pm

Hat tip to morrand over at Quatloos for finding this. The full title of the original in rem forfeiture case against Girod's products:
4:12-cv-00362, in the Western District of Missouri

United States of America v. 1,149 4 ounce round metal tins, more or less, of an article of drug, labeled in part: “*** CHICKWEED HEALING SALVE *** Usage: Good for skin disorders *** Made by: S.A.E.G. ***,” 244 2 ounce round metal tins, more or less, of an article of drug, labeled in part: “*** TO-MOR-GONE *** (Black Salve) *** Ingredients: Blood Root, ***,” 316 1/3 fluid ounce glass bottles, more or less, of an article of drug, labeled in part: “*** R.E.P. *** For sinus infection, *** Made by: S.A.E.G. ***” all other quantities of the above articles of drug, in any size and type of container, whether labeled or unlabeled, that are located anywhere on the premises of Notions-n-Things Distribution, 20497 Hwy 65, Bogard, Missouri, and which are labeled or otherwise determined to have originated outside the state of Missouri.
We really need to stop paying typists by the word.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:29 pm

I saw this on Facebook a while back with a similar headline, designed as clickbait to outrage people. It worked — nice old Amish man, harmless, prison, outrageous, etc., until some of us pointed out the facts which don't make him a sympathetic figure. At the time I didn't know he was a wannabe sovcit, just didn't like the misleading clickbait headline. I question that he is really Amish.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:36 pm

Just because it is called herbal doesn't mean it is either safe or effective. There are a lot of so called herbal remedies that can be and are downright deadly in even the smallest amount, there are also a lot that are totally worthless, and some that actually work, more or less. A great many of our modern medicines come from herbal remedies, and are or can be just as deadly even when properly used, foxglove comes immediately to mind from personal experience. Black Salve on the other hand is at the very least highly destructive and worthless if not deadly, and could lead to death if the affected person does not get proper medical treatment. Anyone selling the stuff is not a practitioner, but a poisoner and deserves to be treated as such.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:43 pm

Don't Google images.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Fri Jun 30, 2017 9:48 pm

pipistrelle wrote:Don't Google images.
Que???

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Fri Jun 30, 2017 11:01 pm

Notorial Dissent wrote:
pipistrelle wrote:Don't Google images.
Que???
Images of the corrosive effects.

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:37 am

I was cruising through r/amibeingdetained on Reddit, which is mostly videos and pictures of sovcit wannabes asserting their rights to travel without license plates, insurance or a modicum of common sense. But it also has some stories we missed. Here's one that's rather unusual, a combination of sovereign citizen insistence and excessive force (IMHO) by the cops.

From the Long Beach Press-Telegram:
Man accused of assault on Long Beach officers referred to himself as a ‘tribal sovereign’

The unconventional religious and political beliefs of a man charged with assaulting a Long Beach police officer have become an integral part of his trial this week.

Solomon Brooks, 31, is facing up to life in prison if he’s convicted of throwing his bicycle at an officer and then repeatedly trying to fight the police who pulled him over for riding without a bike light on the evening of June 3, 2016.

[Deputy District Attorney] Harbur said he plans to read jurors a portion of a letter Brooks sent from jail to the judge overseeing his case. In December, Brooks, who is black, wrote that he is part of the United Native American Moorish Society and refers to himself as a “tribal sovereign.”

The letter, Brooks writes, is to inform the judge of Brooks’ “correct jurisdictional status as an Eloheem Yahuda Moor.”
More at the link, obviously.
http://www.presstelegram.com/general-ne ... -sovereign

Brooks was facing life due to previous convictions, but a jury found him not guilty of the felonies. He was convicted on lesser misdemeanor counts of resisting arrest. Brooks was sentenced to one year in jail, but because he'd spent that long in jail waiting for trial, he was released.

This was one of those cases where there was bystander cellphone video. The defense attorney made much of one particular interaction, where Brooks says, "Don't Tase me," as he had his hands upraised to protect him.

Again, more at the link:
http://www.presstelegram.com/general-ne ... t-on-video

Vee

Post by Vee » Mon Jul 03, 2017 8:55 pm

Not sure if this is the place for this... anyone heard of people claiming to pay debt with their ssn? I heard some sovcit nuts talking about it.

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:24 pm

Vee wrote:Not sure if this is the place for this... anyone heard of people claiming to pay debt with their ssn? I heard some sovcit nuts talking about it.
quatloos.com is the place that really goes over the many variations of that stuff.

But yeah, one of the major branches of sovcit theories involves every american with a social security number having a secret fed controlled bank account associated with them filled will millions of dollars that, if one can find the right incantation to access it, can be used to pay off all their debts. There is a rather thriving industry of people willing to sell you legal kits or instructional videos for accomplishing this.

Vee

Post by Vee » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:44 pm

Amazing. These guys are claiming to "know" someone who has done this. I say BS. Probably some guy trying to sell something.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jul 03, 2017 9:50 pm

It's basically redemption/secret treasury account nonsense, been around for LOOONG time, keeps coming back with minor, and equally stupid, variations from time to time, under the everything old is new and undiscovered again theory, and it usually ends up with the users going to jail for fraud. Definitely LOTS on Quatloos.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”