Sovereign Citizens and Related Nutz

Northland10

Re: Sovereign Citizens and Related Nutz

Post by Northland10 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:57 pm

bob wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 5:23 pm
Mikedunford wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:50 pm
My read of the map suggests that "New California" would still be a blue state. Don't know about the rest of you, but I'd be good with another couple of Senate seats.
"New California" would be, at a minimum, hella purple. ("Old California" would be deep blue.)
There process for chartering counties seems to have a minor issue:
This document explains the process to form a New California County Committee and work with New California Ambassadors and others to achieve admission into the Council of County Representatives.

Steps to Take

Read this document and call an ambassador to get advice and materials to present at the meeting.

Contact info is at bottom of the document.

Get online information at NewCaliforniaState.com and on Facebook @NewCaliforniaState

Arrange to hold a New California County committee meeting or town hall that is publicly advertised and open to the all.

Invite a New California Ambassador to present the charter and answer any questions that may arise in your meeting.

Create an agenda and attendee sign in list

Have enough copies of the Charter for attendees

Identify prospective candidate(s) for Representative, Alternates 1 & 2 and have them give a short presentation about why the opportunity to serve.

At the County meeting:

Have attendees sign into the meeting. Include name, phone number and e-mail address

Do introductions of new people attending for the first time

Get a volunteer to take meeting minutes if there is no secretary

Have an election of officers if you are a new county committee

Swear in your officers (Ambassador will provide the “Oath of Office”

With the help of the Ambassador, present an introduction to the Charter with a brief history of the New California movement and what the Charter is intended to accomplish.

Do a reading of the New California Charter and discuss the charter with a question and answer session

By a voice vote, yes or no, on charter

Nominate perspective candidate(s) for Representative, Alternates 1 & 2 and have them give a short presentation about why they would like to serve.

Have a vote by show of hands for each nominee.

Record the vote and report to attendees. Set date and time for next meeting

After meeting:

Report the ratification and election results to your New California Ambassador

Maintain records including Agenda, meeting minutes and election results. Ambassador to report results to the New California CCR Chair and the appropriate committees.
If only one or two people show up, it still gets chartered. Democracy in action.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:17 pm

A wannabe sovcit in NYC, stopped for riding bike on sidewalk...
LL poster wrote:"You Have No Authority: 2 NYC cops trying to retaliate against me..."
"After I shared a few observations about the way that they stop a taxi in nyc with passengers in(+1minor). #GodGivenRights #Constitution #NYPD #Retaliation #MistakenBacon"

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:51 pm

I'm just curious if they are actually going to ask the current residents in "New California" if they are at all interested in this little adventure, or just declare themselves a new state and the new government?

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:08 am

Are they going to have the "original" constitution. You know, only landowners can vote, no bill of rights, that sort of thing?

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

vic

Post by vic » Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:24 am

Suranis wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 12:08 am
Are they going to have the "original" constitution. You know, only landowners can vote, no bill of rights, that sort of thing?
They say "The 1879 California and U.S. Constitutions serve as the basis for the New California Constitution" and provide a link to it.

They don't comment on whether this section, which excludes Asians, among others, will be retained:
SEC. 17. Foreigners of the white race or of African descent, eligible to become citizens of the United States under the naturalization laws thereof, while bona fide residents of this State, shall have the same rights in respect to the acquisition, possession, enjoyment, transmission, and inheritance of property as native-born citizens.
Here's the link to the PDF: https://img1.wsimg.com/blobby/go/720c6a ... 776427.pdf

bob

Post by bob » Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:25 am

Northland10 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:57 pm
If only one or two people show up, it still gets chartered. Democracy in action.
So essentially how a handful of people created a "unified" common law grand jury.

Imagex5 Imagex2 Imagex3 Imagex2

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Fri Jan 19, 2018 7:30 pm

bob wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 2:25 am
Northland10 wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 9:57 pm
So essentially how a handful of people created a "unified" common law grand jury.
with input and support from Russia

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

nancydrew

Post by nancydrew » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:23 pm

For crooks who masquerade as patriots, the attraction of an audience that already believes in the wildest conspiracy theories is just too good to pass up.

voxpopuluxe

Post by voxpopuluxe » Tue Jan 23, 2018 11:18 am

Nunchuck assault sparked Piqua standoff
Police have identified the suspect in this morning’s standoff as Lenvil Persinger, 43, of Piqua [Ohio].

Persinger was booked into jail on suspicion of felonious assault, criminal damage and obstructing official business.

According to police, Persinger busted into a neighboring apartment after hearing a boyfriend and girlfriend arguing and assaulted the 26-year-old man in the head with nunchucks.

After making contact with Persinger, police said he refused to talk to investigators.

Persinger is a “self-identified sovereign citizen,” which means he doesn’t believe laws apply to him and he doesn’t recognize the authority court system, said Piqua Police Chief Bruce Jamison.

How deep could the Deep State go if the Deep State could go deep?

Volkonski

Post by Volkonski » Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:18 pm

JJ MacNab

@jjmacnab

The driver in yesterday's head on collision made some wild statements in his arraignment/bond hearing.
https://www.
azcentral.com/story/news/loc
al/tempe-breaking/2018/01/24/man-arrested-chase-self-declared-actor-constitutionalist-has-anti-government-views/1064262001/

4:08 PM - Jan 25, 2018
One of the records was a complaint filed by Taebel against the Los Angeles District Attorney's Office saying that he was pulled over by officers without probable cause.

Another record features a December 2017 letter written by Taebel to Nevada Gov. Brian Sandoval with a complaint that officers used "excessive ... and entirely unnecessary force" while arresting him on an assault charge in Las Vegas.

Taebel also posted documents appealing an assault conviction levied against him for punching a doorman at a New York City apartment building in 2011.

Taebel said he punched Frank Martoni in self-defense after Martoni blocked him from entering an elevator and saying Taebel did not have permission to be in the building.

Image“If everyone fought for their own convictions there would be no war.”
― Leo Tolstoy, War and Peace

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:54 am

The Mitchell Taebel sovcit nutbar chase/accident ended in Tempe as the guy was speeding southbound on Rural Rd. He hit someone just south of Apache Blvd. which runs south of Arizona State University. I recognized the area from the Whataburger *blush*. Seriously, though, I would have been enormously pissed off if I was just doing my thing and this asshat came barreling along.

Kendra

Post by Kendra » Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:13 am

https://wonkette.com/628861/arizona-sov ... odel-idiot
A self-described “sovereign citizen,” would-be TV star, and “constitutionalist” who likes filing frivolous lawsuits was arrested Wednesday in Tempe, Arizona, after a 60-mile chase by police that ended when he crashed his SUV head-on into another car. The driver of the other car, a 47-year-old woman, was hospitalized with non-life-threatening injuries.

After the crash, in which his SUV rolled over several times, the SovCit dipwad, Mitchell Taebel, 31, got out of the wreck and asked witnesses, “Do you know who I am?” Sadly, they apparently hadn’t followed his YouTube channel or his personal website full of grievances against the government, both of which have since been taken down.

Taebel claimed after his arrest that police had “no probable cause” to pull him over in the first place, and said he’d called 911 to report the police’s “illegal” traffic stop.
More and video at the link.

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:23 pm

I came across a new loon. Henry Lyle Mayhew of Evergreen Colorado has apparently joined with Ron Vrooman, a similiarly senescent shouter at clouds, in unsuccessful litigation in the past. I came across this interesting document today, from the odd "Scanned Retina" site run by Arnie Rosner, yet another octogenerian angry right-wing nutcase. The original is here: https://scannedretina.files.wordpress.c ... strong.pdf, but I've copied it to Scribd so it doesn't disappear:

This one gets props for a nice coat of arms, an extraordinary quantity of evangelical Christian god-bothering, as well as some legal theories that we haven't seen before. If I'm reading it correctly, Mr. Mayhew is speaking as if he were Jesus coming to earth to demand that Ammon be set free. Remember, this was written in 2016 shortly after Ammon was jailed and indicted... the whole trial fiasco lay a long way in the future.

Mayhew's output of nuttery isn't that significant, which is why we haven't discussed him on this site before. I hope he manages to write some more stuff before either Alzheimer's or death overtakes him.

Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:04 pm

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:23 pm
:snippity: ...
Mayhew's output of nuttery isn't that significant, which is why we haven't discussed him on this site before. I hope he manages to write some more stuff before either Alzheimer's or death overtakes him.
I hope he doesn't. The fact that it's available online only means that some other nutball will take snips of it and spread the lunacy.

I also have a suspicion that this is just that - yet another tweaked piece of drivel. There are some things in there that rattle my memory but I can't put my finger on them; this stuff has been so widespread over the years that its genealogy is hard to track, and him being a Coloradan only amplifies the sense.

At least it isn't handwritten and stamped with a red fingerprint. :brickwallsmall:

Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean » Sun Jan 28, 2018 6:20 pm

Kendra wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:13 am
:snippity:
... Taebel claimed after his arrest that police had “no probable cause” to pull him over in the first place, and said he’d called 911 to report the police’s “illegal” traffic stop.
Apparently, his attorney is claiming he has "mental issues."

https://www.abc15.com/news/region-phoen ... al-issues-

I have long suspected that some percentage of people who gravitate to the delusion of not being subject to authority have some form of mental defect, but our justice system is not well-equipped to deal with what to do with the genuinely mentally ill. Too often they wind up back out in the real world without treatment or effective supervision and minor-crime recidivism rates are high. Hence, we have folks like Taebel out there on the street.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Jan 29, 2018 8:14 am

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:23 pm
I came across a new loon. Henry Lyle Mayhew of Evergreen Colorado has apparently joined with Ron Vrooman, a similiarly senescent shouter at clouds, in unsuccessful litigation in the past.
He also has stuff posted for OPPT

https://scannedretina.com/2016/04/18/he ... 016-kda-1/

And an invoice to the CEO of Xcel Energy. If I understand correctly since all the world governments and banks were foreclosed and stuff, Xcel Energy illegally charged him for energy usage or something.

http://pn.i-uv.com/wp-content/uploads/2 ... Fowke_.pdf

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:52 am

Another one bites the dust: a Florida grandmother is convicted for filing fake liens against the judge in her foreclosure case. She was convicted of the same "Simulation of Legal Process" crime that Terry Trussell was nailed for. That makes me think that granny is going away for a while.

Sentencing is February 23.

http://www.tbo.com/news/courts/criminal ... _164783704

NMgirl

Post by NMgirl » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:36 am

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:52 am
Another one bites the dust: a Florida grandmother is convicted for filing fake liens against the judge in her foreclosure case. She was convicted of the same "Simulation of Legal Process" crime that Terry Trussell was nailed for. That makes me think that granny is going away for a while.

"He [Armstrong's attorney] shared a few more details with the Tampa Bay Times. He said Armstrong and her husband are wetlands scientists." :o

I shouldn't think more than 1 out of 10k people in the United States are familiar with the sovereign citizen schtick, and it's good to see it getting more attention in the media. JPC, if you watched that sovcit video of the traffic stop that JJ posted yesterday on Twitter, you will have noted, with your usual perspicacity, that one of the first questions asked by the policewoman was whether the guy was a sovereign citizen.

NotaPerson

Post by NotaPerson » Mon Jan 29, 2018 10:44 am

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 9:52 am

She lives in the Tampa area, as does Rodger Dowdell. Wonder if she's met him.

Am I being detained?

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:30 am

"How ridiculous is this prosecution? How ridiculous can you get?" Trevena told jurors during closing arguments. "We’re going to charge a 60-year-old grandmother with four counts of these charges because she’s filed something in her foreclosure that might have hurt Judge Minkoff’s feelings."
I think Mr. Travena would feel quite differently if his client had filed liens against him.

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:32 am

Azastan wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:30 am
:snippity:
I think Mr. Travena would feel quite differently if his client had filed liens against him.
Wait, she may do that soon.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:33 am

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:32 am

Wait, she may do that soon.
You know, I was thinking the very same thing as I typed that out, and almost edited it to reflect that :shock: .

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 pm

I have the impression that Florida has more than its share of these nuts. It is enough to keep me from retiring there.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:34 pm

Foggy, I do not know what you objected to in those By-Laws. However, if they are anything like the DNC governing rules, they are absurd.

The composition of the DNC is childish. It is like something that an elementary school would construct. It needs to be a third of its size and much less concerned with the rainbow coalition.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

neeneko

Post by neeneko » Mon Jan 29, 2018 3:14 pm

TollandRCR wrote:
Mon Jan 29, 2018 2:21 pm
I have the impression that Florida has more than its share of these nuts. It is enough to keep me from retiring there.
As I understand it, the share is not really worse than other places, but the reporting laws are different which makes such antics more likely to get press coverage.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”