Sovereign Citizens and Related Nutz

mmmirele

Re: Sovereign Citizens and Related Nutz

Post by mmmirele » Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:04 pm

JohnPCapitalist wrote:
Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:04 am

Apparently, while awaiting trial in Arizona on charges of SovCit mortgage document fraud, he's put himself on a hunger strike. The judge in the case has ordered him to be force-fed. In typical SovCit fashion, Ward is not cooperating with his court-appointed standby counsel, either. Story here: http://www.mohavedailynews.com/news/jud ... c09d2.html.

Trial is currently set for July, but I'm sure Ward is gonna try to use this little stunt to delay it as long as possible. His stay in jail in Kingman must be awfully comfortable if that's a goal.

Off topic, but this is not the first time Mohave county has had to deal with a hunger striking prisoner. Back in the later '00s, Warren Jeffs tried to fast himself to death in the Mohave county jail.

http://rapidcityjournal.com/news/local/ ... 99a73.html

After his conviction in a Texas court, he again tried the fasting unto death thing and was put in a medically induced coma.

https://www.timesunion.com/news/article ... 146663.php

I'm sure everyone wanted to know this little dust bunny from my brain. NOT!

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:53 am

At the moment the first 20 topics listed on TFB are sovereign citizens and their friends. I know that I suggested that we had to pay attention to these people, But tha is absurd with Trump in the White House. There is a criminal and his family at the core of government,.

“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Mon Jun 04, 2018 2:11 am

TollandRCR wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:53 am
At the moment the first 20 topics listed on TFB are sovereign citizens and their friends. I know that I suggested that we had to pay attention to these people, But tha is absurd with Trump in the White House. There is a criminal and his family at the core of government,.
Nobody is forcing you to read them, are they?

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Mon Jun 04, 2018 3:03 am

TollandRCR wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:53 am
I visit here for the Sovcit and Bundy nonsense. Spanky stuffz other places. Lots of threads I don't read here.

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:37 am

Yeah, The Goldfish is Psychic poison. You cant spend all your time thinking about him or you will devolve into total depression. Besides, at the end of the day he is just a symptom of a greater problem, and the Sov cits are just another aspect of that.

"The devil...the prowde spirite...cannot endure to be mocked.” - Thomas Moore

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:12 am

We've always been a community that pays attention to the lunatic fringe. Lots of good people left when Trump was elected. Like rikker said this past weekend, it's depressing to think about him. The SovCit stuff is a good respite from that. There isn't much we can do to get rid of the criminal in the White House, but we do what we can and hope for a better future.

Kindly recall that I'm a 44th degree Jedi Master.

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:15 am

Foggy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:12 am
We've always been a community that pays attention to the lunatic fringe. Lots of good people left when Trump was elected. Like rikker said this past weekend, it's depressing to think about him. The SovCit stuff is a good respite from that. There isn't much we can do to get rid of the criminal in the White House, but we do what we can and hope for a better future.
:yeah:

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:21 am

Foggy wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:12 am
Given the glee with which we covered the birther nonsense (definite a lunatic fringe!), the segue into analyzing and mocking sovcit idiocy seems obvious. They are both hate-driven conspiracy theories, both replete with Trumpistas.

I'm surprised the Fogbow lost people when Trump was elected as this site is a haven of fun and sanity. It's often easier and less depressing to read Fogfolk's summaries, interpretations and analysis of events in Trumpworld than to plough through the more mainstream sources.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:45 am

Well, I stopped posting for a few weeks when Trump was elected. I try never to post when I'm drunk (which isn't a problem anymore because I stopped drinking alcohol) and I don't post when I'm really upset. I like to keep it lighthearted around here, even in the worst of circumstances. One thing you will never see on Fogbow -- I will not use the "head banging on the wall" smiley. I don't bang my head on walls. I resist and persist.

But I knew on November 9 that we were in real, serious trouble, and it was very depressing, and I couldn't find anything upbeat or lighthearted to say for weeks. Part of it was, y'all know I spent all those months flatly predicting that America had not lost its freakin' mind after electing Obama twice, and I never doubted that Hillary would win. I was wrong, wrong, wrong in a way that I've never been wrong before, and that hurt. I finally forced myself to buck up, face the reality, and settie in for the long haul. I tried making a few wisecracks, a little commentary, and moved on from there. But it's still depressing, how much damage this criminal psychopath is doing to my country

So I can't blame anyone for leaving Fogbow or being depressed about Trump. I know what that's all about myself.

Kindly recall that I'm a 44th degree Jedi Master.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:54 am

And now for a little levity on the SovCit front, I give you: LiBeartarians vs. the SovCits. Free bears on the land! Sovereign, not consenting to restrictions. Only Gaia is their authority. Complaints to be directed not to the flesh and blood bear, but to its strawbear (teddybear?)

Barbearians at the Gate : A journey through a quixotic New Hampshire town teeming with libertarians, fake news, guns, and—possibly—furry invaders.
In the summer of 2017, the survivalists began to worry—really worry—about the bears.

The problem wasn’t the animals’ nighttime behavior; that was just a nuisance. The survivalists were used to catching sight of the hulking intruders emerging from the darkened woods of rural New Hampshire to damage property, steal food, and deposit huge piles of excrement. Recently, though, the bears had started showing up in broad daylight, and not just at the survivalists’ encampment. Throughout Grafton, the tiny town on the outskirts of which the camp sat, residents told stories of furry forest dwellers pushing through porch windows, chasing house pets, getting drunk on fermented apples, and capering on rooftops. One bear had cleaned out a chicken coop by lying on its belly, reaching inside the structure’s tunneled entrance, and scrabbling around with an extended paw. The bleakest anecdotes told of bears swiping their claws through human skin as if it were tissue paper.

The survivalists agreed that something had to be done to defend their makeshift home. But no one suggested calling law enforcement. This was Tent City, a place people came to avoid government. The messy jumble of cabins, trailers, and tarps, anchored by an old carport that served as a communal lounge, was a crucible of self-reliance. Residents believed in untethering themselves from institutions, foraging for food, and hunting game with guns, arrows, and knives. When society inevitably collapsed under the weight of bureaucracy and corruption, they would be ready. Their lodestar was freedom.
:snippity:
People in Grafton said that, year after year, the bears were getting bolder. The same anti-authority ethos that gave rise to Tent City convinced locals that the threat needed to be dealt with, no matter what any government data said. It’s illegal to kill a bear in New Hampshire without a special hunting license, yet I heard whispers that a vigilante posse had embarked on a clandestine hunt.
The edicts and regulations didn’t sit well in Grafton, particularly with the town’s newest colonists, who started showing up in 2004. It sounds like the start of a bad joke: A lawyer, a firearms instructor, and the owner of a mail-order-bride business walk into a fire station. The three men were Tim Condon, Tony Lekas, and Larry Pendarvis, respectively, and they were avowed libertarians with the Free Town Project, a splinter group of a national initiative founded in 2001 to convince some 20,000 liberty-loving Americans to move to a chosen place, where they could concentrate their voting power and rid the political landscape of pesky rules. On the anything-goes frontier that Free Towners envisioned, people would be able to keep as many junk cars on their property as they wished, buy and sell sex without shame, gamble at will, consume drugs of all kinds, and educate their kids however they liked. Hell, they could even debate the merits of incest and cannibalism if they wanted.
It's a very entertaining read. Two key points: Firstly: the free-to-be-as-stupid-as-I-wannabes created their own bear problem by ignoring the advice of authorities (namely, the government DNR folks). Secondly, the anti-government people then complain the government isn't doing anything about the problem (bold bears) they created by their choice of lifestyle.

Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink » Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:50 am

Why do they not just shoot and eat the bears? Seems a simple solution to me.

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:42 am

Siegfried Shrink wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 10:50 am
trichinellosis

noblepa

Post by noblepa » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:18 pm

DejaMoo wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:54 am
And now for a little levity on the SovCit front, I give you: LiBeartarians vs. the SovCits. Free bears on the land! Sovereign, not consenting to restrictions. Only Gaia is their authority. Complaints to be directed not to the flesh and blood bear, but to its strawbear (teddybear?)

Barbearians at the Gate : A journey through a quixotic New Hampshire town teeming with libertarians, fake news, guns, and—possibly—furry invaders.
In the summer of 2017, the survivalists began to worry—really worry—about the bears.

The problem wasn’t the animals’ nighttime behavior; that was just a nuisance. The survivalists were used to catching sight of the hulking intruders emerging from the darkened woods of rural New Hampshire to damage property, steal food, and deposit huge piles of excrement. Recently, though, the bears had started showing up in broad daylight, and not just at the survivalists’ encampment. Throughout Grafton, the tiny town on the outskirts of which the camp sat, residents told stories of furry forest dwellers pushing through porch windows, chasing house pets, getting drunk on fermented apples, and capering on rooftops. One bear had cleaned out a chicken coop by lying on its belly, reaching inside the structure’s tunneled entrance, and scrabbling around with an extended paw. The bleakest anecdotes told of bears swiping their claws through human skin as if it were tissue paper.

The survivalists agreed that something had to be done to defend their makeshift home. But no one suggested calling law enforcement. This was Tent City, a place people came to avoid government. The messy jumble of cabins, trailers, and tarps, anchored by an old carport that served as a communal lounge, was a crucible of self-reliance. Residents believed in untethering themselves from institutions, foraging for food, and hunting game with guns, arrows, and knives. When society inevitably collapsed under the weight of bureaucracy and corruption, they would be ready. Their lodestar was freedom.
People in Grafton said that, year after year, the bears were getting bolder. The same anti-authority ethos that gave rise to Tent City convinced locals that the threat needed to be dealt with, no matter what any government data said. It’s illegal to kill a bear in New Hampshire without a special hunting license, yet I heard whispers that a vigilante posse had embarked on a clandestine hunt.
The edicts and regulations didn’t sit well in Grafton, particularly with the town’s newest colonists, who started showing up in 2004. It sounds like the start of a bad joke: A lawyer, a firearms instructor, and the owner of a mail-order-bride business walk into a fire station. The three men were Tim Condon, Tony Lekas, and Larry Pendarvis, respectively, and they were avowed libertarians with the Free Town Project, a splinter group of a national initiative founded in 2001 to convince some 20,000 liberty-loving Americans to move to a chosen place, where they could concentrate their voting power and rid the political landscape of pesky rules. On the anything-goes frontier that Free Towners envisioned, people would be able to keep as many junk cars on their property as they wished, buy and sell sex without shame, gamble at will, consume drugs of all kinds, and educate their kids however they liked. Hell, they could even debate the merits of incest and cannibalism if they wanted.
It's a very entertaining read. Two key points: Firstly: the free-to-be-as-stupid-as-I-wannabes created their own bear problem by ignoring the advice of authorities (namely, the government DNR folks). Secondly, the anti-government people then complain the government isn't doing anything about the problem (bold bears) they created by their choice of lifestyle.
They probably (just speculating, mind you) didn't take proper precautions with their food and garbage. In my part of Ohio, bears aren't much of a problem, but raccoons are. When my son was a boy scout and I was an ASM, we had to constantly remind the boys not to have any food, whatsoever, in their tents and to hoist food in a "bear bag" hung from a tree, well away from the camp. There were always one or two who thought that a candy bar or a bag of Cheetos would be safe, but a raccoon (which carries rabies) can slash through the side of a tent for even the smell of an empty bag or wrapper. Bears, even more so.

Given their "you're not the boss of me" attitude, even if someone in the camp tried to explain this to the others, they would probably ignore him/her.

Whip

Post by Whip » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:39 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 11:42 am
Siegfried Shrink wrote:
trichinellosis
I don't see what math has to do with it.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:52 pm

Whip wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:39 pm
pipistrelle wrote:
Siegfried Shrink wrote:
trichinellosis
It's more a Darwinian struggle between parasites.

Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

Whip

Post by Whip » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:53 pm

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:52 pm
Whip wrote:
pipistrelle wrote:

trichinellosis
pro wrestling on a microscopic scale?

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:05 pm

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:52 pm
Whip wrote:
pipistrelle wrote:

trichinellosis
You just won the Internet, my man.

:clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:17 pm

noblepa wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:18 pm

They probably (just speculating, mind you) didn't take proper precautions with their food and garbage.
The article goes into great detail about their habits, which yes, boils down to leaving food available to bears and thus habituating the bears to the area. It's slovenliness on the part of some inhabitants - leaving out trash, bird feeders, etc. Others are deliberately feeding the bears. One woman (called the Donut Lady in the story) regularly puts out piles of food for the bears, then tops the piles with donuts as an extra treat. Because nobody's gonna make her stop doing that, not even her neighbors who've been harmed by close bear encounters.
Given their "you're not the boss of me" attitude, even if someone in the camp tried to explain this to the others, they would probably ignore him/her.
And that's what happened. Further on in the story, we read of the woman who unexpectedly encountered a bear inside her tiny enclosed porch. She came off the worst in the encounter. Another woman watched as two of her outdoor cats were grabbed and carried off by a bear. The folks in Tent City built a makeshift fence against the bears. But everybody preferred their god-given Second Amendment solution instead of getting the government involved, because the government would just tell them they shouldn't leave out food and couldn't legally shoot the bears. And besides, the gov't was stupid, because they weren't even aware of the local bear problem (because nobody told them, because they hate the gov't).

So in the end, according to local gossip, they took matters into their own hands by forming an anti-bear vigilante group to find and shoot bears, laws be damned because FREEDUMB! means first we gets to feed them, then we gets to shoot them!

AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:18 pm

I think this was covered on a PBS documentary.

Whip

Post by Whip » Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:33 pm

AnOwlCalledSage wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 1:18 pm
I think this was covered on a PBS documentary.

truly one of the finest documentaries available. :thunbsup:

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:34 pm

uploaded Feb 2018

Moorish American Sovereign Citizen Calls 911 On The Police For Trying To Pull Her Over

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:42 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 12:34 pm
uploaded Feb 2018

Moorish American Sovereign Citizen Calls 911 On The Police For Trying To Pull Her Over

So she lost custody of her kids, but it's not clear if that came about as a result of her sovcit beliefs or some other reason.

At any rate, another ne'er-do-well (if not on outright criminal) looking to validate her scofflaw lifestyle.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Jun 09, 2018 9:00 am

More of the Moorish kind, filmed / posted by a sovcit, speeds off from traffic stop, but he doesn't tell us how that ended

Goblin Seimen

Post by Goblin Seimen » Sat Jun 09, 2018 12:30 pm

You can see the end of the story here

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:07 pm

Video 1: WINNING!!! That's showing The Man who is boss! Yay to sovereign citizens!
Video 2: Ah. Oh. Sirens, busted window, handcuffs. Is this still winning?

Thanks to the video posters.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”