Sovereign Citizens and Related Nutz

nancydrew

Re: Sovereign Citizens and Related Nutz

Post by nancydrew »

I bet you all didn’t know you can satisfy your own mortgage. That’s what ole Eeon is telling his followers these days. This guy knows absolutely nothing about mortgages, etc. He cites Uniform Residental Mortgage Satisfaction Act from 2004.

Except he left out this part to his followers:

The referenced Act was approved in August at the 2004 Annual Meeting of the National Conference of Commissioners on Uniform State Laws (NCCUSL). State legislatures are now free to consider it and to enact or reject it or adopt with amendments.

And oh yes this part too!
In certain cases, a mortgagor may find it impossible to obtain a recorded satisfaction document from the secured creditor. For instance, the creditor that received the payment may go out of business before recording the mortgage satisfaction. URMSA provides a self-help remedy for such cases when a person has no other means of clearing title.

An “Affidavit of Satisfaction” may be filed by a “Satisfaction Agent” if the secured lender neglects to file a mortgage satisfaction within the allotted time. A “Satisfaction Agent” must be either a title insurance company or a licensed attorney because of the potential liability involved. Their expertise and financial soundness provide a sense of security for the secured creditor, and provide an alternate method for clearing title when the landowner has no other option.

So people can’t run out and satisfy their own loans. Most, if not all states have laws regarding the timely filing of satisfactions, which can lead to penalties and fines failure to do so.

Yesterday’s video was just as noteworthy! He’s talking to someone at USDA about their residental loan programs. Meanwhile ole Eeon2 is rattling off FHA guidelines to him. Sorry dude, mixing apples and oranges, different programs, different agencies all with their own rules, regulations and requirements!
For crooks who masquerade as patriots, the attraction of an audience that already believes in the wildest conspiracy theories is just too good to pass up.
nancydrew

Post by nancydrew »

Another example of Eeon’s purported winning.

Except this is the case he’s referring to:

https://www.pacermonitor.com/public/cas ... ride_et_al

Well except for this!
Wednesday, January 24, 2018
23 appeal USCA Order Wed 3:27 PM
ORDER of USCA. Motion to dismiss case for failure to prosecute (Cir. Rule 42-1). Pursuant to Ninth Circuit Rule 42-1, this appeal is dismissed for failure to pay fees. This order served on the district court shall, 21 days after the date of the order, act as the mandate of this court. (sfbS, COURT STAFF) (Filed on 1/24/2018)

Guess this his idea of winning!
For crooks who masquerade as patriots, the attraction of an audience that already believes in the wildest conspiracy theories is just too good to pass up.
mmmirele

Post by mmmirele »

Sovereign Citizen picked up in Haverhill, MA. It's the usual stuff: unemployed or underemployed, fake license plate, no driver's license, no insurance. This guy, however, did have Internet access, so he sent death threats to the police.
HAVERHILL — Police said a Haverhill man threatened to kill them after they charged him with driving an unregistered and uninsured motor vehicle, which the man maintained was a violation of his constitutional rights.

"I will travel freely upon any public road and public highway I please until the day I die," the man said in a Facebook message to police. "This is my notice to your department. I will call 911 on any officer that illegally tries to pull me over and or detains me without probable cause while I am using my automobile in a safe manner."

Police said the private messages sent to them by Michael Hall, 33, whom they listed as homeless but employed, escalated to the point where Hall sent them an even more threatening message in which he said he has the "right to kill a cop."
As JjMacNab pointed out on Twitter, this sounds a lot like the guy here in Maricopa County who told a jail press conference he had the right to kill cops.

Hall was arrested in January at a local Stop 'n' Rob after his vehicle, sans normal plates, was spotted. He was arrested for disorderly conduct and his vehicle towed. This background is necessary to understand this next bit:
He also told police that because of their actions at the Xtra Mart, they agreed to purchase his vehicle for $75,000. He said police want to dishonor the United States of America and violate people's inalienable rights.
More, lots more, at the link. What concerns me is this "right to kill cops" rhetoric. Where is it coming from? Which guru is pushing it?
http://www.eagletribune.com/news/haverh ... d21cf.html
DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

mmmirele wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 12:52 pm
What concerns me is this "right to kill cops" rhetoric. Where is it coming from? Which guru is pushing it?
http://www.eagletribune.com/news/haverh ... d21cf.html
Well, one person who pushed it is former Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R, natch)
Nevada Assemblywoman Michele Fiore (R), who is currently seeking her party’s nomination for an open U.S. House seat, said last week that she believes the right to self defense includes the right to aim your gun anyone who aims a gun at you, even if they are a law enforcement officer.

In an interview with a local TV station last Sunday, Fiore attacked the federal Bureau of Land Management (BLM) as “a bureaucrat agency of terrorism.” Pressed by KLAS-8 host Steve Sebelius about whether she believes the Second Amendment grants citizens the right to point a weapon at a “duly authorized law enforcement officer who is just out there doing his job,” she said that self-defense includes the right to aim back at anyone who points a gun at you first — and to put your own life ahead of theirs.
I've heard this bull before.
NMgirl

Post by NMgirl »

Not just Fiore, but one of the Poot defense strategies in both the Oregon and Nevada trials was convincing the juries that heavily-armed Poots had a right to defend themselves when they felt their lives were threatened by LE. I think the juries bought into that, too. :madguy:
neeneko

Post by neeneko »

NMgirl wrote: Mon Mar 05, 2018 1:35 pm Not just Fiore, but one of the Poot defense strategies in both the Oregon and Nevada trials was convincing the juries that heavily-armed Poots had a right to defend themselves when they felt their lives were threatened by LE. I think the juries bought into that, too. :madguy:
As long as you frame it in terms of types of law enforcement that stop your supporters from doing things as opposed to stopping others from doing things to them, then yeah, people buy the argument. They love law and order when it is being used on brown people after all.
mmmirele

Post by mmmirele »

This story is about a very, very lucky cop who came out unscathed from an encounter with a couple of sovereign citizens.
Male passenger in officer-related shooting near Moorhead says he's of 'sovereign nation,' claims arrest was a kidnapping
It started out as a crash in the median, with a cop stopping to investigate. He found a car with no license plates and two occupants. He went back to his cruiser to run the VIN and found the car had been stolen in Wisconsin. At the same time, the driver of the car was trying to drive away from the scene of the wreck. We pick up at this point:
As Peterson tried to handcuff Crayton, Gray got out of the driver’s seat and, with her right arm extended, pointed a 9mm handgun at the trooper’s head and appeared to pull the trigger, court documents said.

The gun, however, did not fire. The trooper then pulled himself and Crayton away toward the back of the car, and put Crayton to the ground, court documents said.

Meanwhile, the woman tried to manipulate the handgun to chamber a round and raised the gun again toward the trooper. The trooper then fired his weapon and hit her in the right arm, court documents said.

The woman then dropped the gun, ran across I-94 and north into a field, court documents and the BCA said. A snowplow clearing the westbound lanes stopped about 50 yards past the incident scene.
There are lots more details but the cop and an off-site dispatcher were able to put the pair under arrest. It turns out the guy is a "Moor", a known sovereign citizen in Milwaukee with a warrant out for his arrest.

The woman who attempted to shoot the cop was taken to Fargo for treatment, which makes me wonder if this couldon't be a subplot in the next season of "Fargo."

http://www.inforum.com/news/crime-and-c ... d-says-hes

Seriously, this has it all. And it shows yet again that sovereign citizens are a threat to law enforcement.
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

mmmirele wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 11:12 am :snippity:
Seriously, this has it all. And it shows yet again that sovereign citizens are a threat to law enforcement.
... and also a threat to other drivers and travelers on the roads, judging by the number of crashes they are involved in and driving offenses they perpetrate.
ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Meanwhile, the woman tried to manipulate the handgun to chamber a round and raised the gun again toward the trooper. The trooper then fired his weapon and hit her in the right arm, court documents said.
I assume the cop was too busy trying to handcuff the male suspect. Not only is the cop incredibly lucky in that Ms SovCit can't handle a gun, Ms SovCit is incredibly lucky she wasn't on the receiving end of a magdump.
Trump appoints Incitatus to lead corona virus response.
#KingDonaldsPlague
boots

Post by boots »

nancydrew wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:15 pm

I bet you all didn’t know you can satisfy your own mortgage. That’s what ole Eeon is telling his followers these days. This guy knows absolutely nothing about mortgages, etc. He cites Uniform Residental Mortgage Satisfaction Act from 2004.
:snippity: :snippity:
I have run into homeowners who have thought up (or been duped into wanting to try) this and similarly hairbrained schemes. Usually the mark is a person who is literally willing to do anything to "save their home" and if that means filing false documents with the recorder's office, so be it. Quite often, if one does enough poking, these types will have learned their "law" on Facebook and youtube, with predictably bad and self-serving results. Do you want to be able to file a magic document to eliminate your mortgage? You can! These people do a disservice to the many people who have legitimate complaints and cases against mortgage lenders.
Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras »

The jerk in that video says that Joint Resolution "is not a law" -- wrong. It very much is a law. The 1933 House Joint Resolution numbered 192 was very real federal statute, and repeatedly upheld by the US Supreme Court, until most of it was repealed in 1977. The 1933 law making Federal Reserve Notes legal tender is still law; up to the time it was adopted a good many forms of Congressionally-authorized currency (e.g., FRNs, silver certificates, gold certificates) were not considered legal tender - since 1933 the only Congressionally-authorized currency not recognized as legal tender are the 19th century silver trade dollars used in transactions with Imperial China.

Contrary to his claim, FRNs were never "backed by gold". The Federal Reserve Bank would purchase US Treasury Bonds, and on the basis of the bonds, the Treasury would then issue a corresponding amount of FRNs. The Federal Reserve would be buying T-bonds every week, and every week the Treasury would authorize the same amount of FRNs. When the bonds matured, the Federal Reserve would donate all the interest accumulated on the bonds to the US Treasury; the Federal Reserve kept none of the "profits".

The "Senate Document" he quotes at 50:40 was not a product of any part of the US Congress. It was an essay, about the sort of transactions in gold affected by that HJR 192, written by a retired lawyer, George C. Thorpe, in the Veterans' Retirement Home which, as a favor to him, was printed up in 1933 as a booklet by direction of a Senator who knew him; this particular line was not even the point of the booklet, and certainly it was neither referenced any Act of Congress nor was this booklet, esp this sentence, vetted or confirmed by any part of the Congress. Nothing since the booklet was printed in 1933 - not Acts of Congress nor court decisions - has confirmed this sentence.

The quotation immediately following, attributed to the Congressional Record of March 9, 1933, is from remarks by Rep. Wright Patman ... evidently about the meaning of a bill which has just been defeated, but in any case describing a "mortgage" that does not exist in any enacted legislation, past or present.
nancydrew

Post by nancydrew »

boots wrote: Thu Mar 08, 2018 5:17 pm
nancydrew wrote: Wed Feb 28, 2018 11:15 pm

:snippity: :snippity:
I have run into homeowners who have thought up (or been duped into wanting to try) this and similarly hairbrained schemes. Usually the mark is a person who is literally willing to do anything to "save their home" and if that means filing false documents with the recorder's office, so be it. Quite often, if one does enough poking, these types will have learned their "law" on Facebook and youtube, with predictably bad and self-serving results. Do you want to be able to file a magic document to eliminate your mortgage? You can! These people do a disservice to the many people who have legitimate complaints and cases against mortgage lenders.
Most states have laws in regards to filing false/fictitious documents. I believe considered to be a felony with fines and prison time. Ever notice theses gurus don’t point out the down side? But yet again, what can I expect? I just found ole Brett Jones (Eeon) in the vexatious litigant list for the State of California, under his several aliases.
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

Is my mortgage dissatisfied for some reason? :confused:
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
Suranis

Post by Suranis »

Foggy wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:58 am Is my mortgage dissatisfied for some reason? :confused:
You would know that IF YOU EVER TALKED TO IT ABOUT ITS FEELINGS!!! :waiting:
The difference between the Middle Ages, and the Age of the Internet, is that in the Middle Ages no-one thought the Earth was flat.
Foggy
Avatar: Silly engineers have been using 3D printers to make Godzilla arms for chickens.

Post by Foggy »

Hay, I pay the damned thing every month.

I don't care about its feelings. Does it care about MY feelings? :nope:
I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar »

Maybe it’s just lost interest. 8-)
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3
RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 »

Foggy wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:58 am Is my mortgage dissatisfied for some reason? :confused:
Did you sign up for Snowflakes Mortgages Inc. :?:
pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

RoadScholar wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:16 am Maybe it’s just lost interest. 8-)
:rimshot:
Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

RoadScholar wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 6:16 am Maybe it’s just lost interest. 8-)
You win a very small internet. :dance:
boots

Post by boots »

nancydrew wrote: Fri Mar 09, 2018 12:27 am Most states have laws in regards to filing false/fictitious documents. I believe considered to be a felony with fines and prison time. Ever notice theses gurus don’t point out the down side? But yet again, what can I expect? I just found ole Brett Jones (Eeon) in the vexatious litigant list for the State of California, under his several aliases.
The mindset of some persons facing foreclosure is very reckless. There is a local woman who went to jail for this sort of thing, and many other "foreclosure fighter" types, who have been suffering their own foreclosures, have tried to turn her into some sort of hero/martyr. It's sad that none of them talked any sense into their "friend" over what she was doing, and instead encouraged it by supporting it. As I've posted before though, these people aren't really "sovcits" in that they don't believe the ideology; they're just trying anything and everything and damn the consequences. As a lawyer, of course, that just screams "person who has no real legal case" but I am sure there are some people who had a legitimate case and instead of pursuing that, wasted their effort on these frivolous tactics.
mmmirele

Post by mmmirele »

We have not talked about Philip Anthony Guidry before.

He appears to be one of those sovereign citizens who can take a traffic stop and turn it into a felony incident. He was apparently pulled over in Missouri and found to have weapons in his car, which is a big no-no. The decision was made to arrest Guidry while he was driving in Louisiana. Here's a quote from the article and I think you might see why.
During a search of Guidry's residence in Loranger, La., after the arrest, authorities seized "an array of firearms" that included a suspected illegal fully-automatic rifle with no serial number, Layrisson said.

The police chief described Guidry’s home as a "fortified residential compound."

"It was surrounded by a six-foot-tall chain-link fence with razor wire at the top. Three attack dogs — two German shepherds and a Belgian Malinois — were running free within the perimeter, there were cameras throughout the structure and roll-down bulletproof metal shutters over every door and window on the house," Layrisson said.
http://www.kansascity.com/news/local/cr ... 95329.html

He seems nice. /sarc
Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

His bunker doesn't seem to have done him much good. :sarcasm:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Notorial Dissent wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:40 pm His bunker doesn't seem to have done him much good. :sarcasm:

No Well Armed Bunker Complex worthy of the name can function without dachshunds. You can build all the motes, trap doors and bullet proof shutters you can squeeze in, but its not safe without wiener dogs.
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky
Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

True, all too true. :point:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

mmmirele wrote: Sun Mar 11, 2018 2:22 pm
The police chief described Guidry’s home as a "fortified residential compound."

"It was surrounded by a six-foot-tall chain-link fence with razor wire at the top. Three attack dogs — two German shepherds and a Belgian Malinois — were running free within the perimeter, there were cameras throughout the structure and roll-down bulletproof metal shutters over every door and window on the house," Layrisson said.
One of the amusing things about these prepper compounds is the blind spots that they have for weaknesses in the design of their "Fortresses of Solitude." A SWAT team armed and armored by contemporary standards would barely slow down as they went through all of what's described here.

An MRAP would hardly notice a chain-link fence, topped with razor wire or no. Three shots, three dogs down (not that I'm at all comfortable describing violence against animals, even theoretical). And the chance that this idiot had the scratch to make his walls bulletproof as well as his windows is pretty low. And a few of those MRAPs have reinforced bumpers. It wouldn't be that hard to take even a bulletproof wall down by ramming if they really wanted to get him. Not to mention the effects of some well-placed tear gas emplaced by a robot with a masonry drill. All of that is in the arsenal of various state and urban police departments today.

At the same time as all this is laughable, it's also tragic to imagine how much of the economic resources of these marginal players are wasted on all this junk that has no use other than to feel the paranoia. That's money that could have been better spent on retirement savings, education for the kids, job training, etc.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”