Sovereign Citizens and Related Nutz

Northland10

Re: Sovereign Citizens and Related Nutz

Post by Northland10 »

TheNewSaint wrote: Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:08 pm https://imgflip.com/i/449c7l

ETA: Why can't I embed a damn photo? I'm doing what the instructions say.
You need to copy the image address not just the link to the page. The actual image address is:

Code: Select all

https://i.imgflip.com/449c7l.jpg

North-land: of the family 10.5

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Thanks for the assist. Probably wasn't worth it for that gag, but I appreciate the help.

This bramble need not be traversed.
scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Some wise words from Trent.
Capture.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

scirreeve wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:50 am Some wise words from Trent. Capture.JPG
So, if I go to Jewel-Osco, Ace Hardware, Sunset Foods, or the Village Hal and by yard waste tags, I am actually trading federal reserve notes for private currency? :confused:

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist »

scirreeve wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 12:50 am Some wise words from Trent. Capture.JPG

You can make your own private currency as well, it is usually called "stock" when you are a company.
There is so much wrong with this one single statement that I don't even know where to begin, so I won't. It's obvious that Goodbaudy has never actually owned a share of stock in his life and can't even articulate the basics of the stock market that I taught my son's fifth grade class one afternoon so many years ago.

ZekeB
Location: The nuttiest congressional district of a nut job state.

Post by ZekeB »

There's no law against trading stamps for merchandise if the store wishes to accept stamps as payment. They may even give change in real currency. Stocks can be converted back to money. That happens every day.

Trump: Er hat eine größere Ente als ich.

Putin: Du bist kleiner als ich.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

That's so untrue to call it wrong is an insult to flat earthers.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky
Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

ZekeB wrote: Sun Jun 07, 2020 1:24 pm There's no law against trading stamps for merchandise if the store wishes to accept stamps as payment. They may even give change in real currency. Stocks can be converted back to money. That happens every day.
Goodbaudy confuses trading things of value with legal currency. By his definition, baseball cards could be called "private currency" because they are treated as having some sort of value in a trade such as trading a George Brett and Catfish Hunter for a rookie Ron Laflore. Bartering and trading items instead of purchasing with legal currency happen all the time, but that does not make its currency since it's tradable value is only determined by those involved.

The probably with Need-a-victim Goodbaudy and the other SovCits is that they give some magical powers to the term currency in a way that extends beyond what a community has decided will be a standard value currency to use within the community.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent »

Trent really is dumbern' a box of flat erfer rocks, and I have to keep reminding myself of that when he says something that comes back to me as he can't really be that dumb, can he, when I know for repeatedly proven fact he is.

He doesn't seem to cognify that yes stamps do have value, they just aren't legal tender, because you put those nasty old FRN's or maybe some coins towards them, and that they are storage of value of a promise by the Post Office to deliver something with those same stamps placed there on, and are good til canceled. The 18th C version of a store gift card, but they are not some majikal "private currency" as Trent would believe. I can see how he would be confused, he's really really stupid. I would suspect he is equally confused about how a bank or checking account works,

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg

Post by Gregg »

Legal Tender is, by a technical definition, what you can use to pay your taxes.

Everything else it is or does flows from that cental utility.

I'd like to thank the London School of Economics for teaching me that, many many years ago.

Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Notorial Dissent wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:18 pm they are storage of value of a promise by the Post Office to deliver something with those same stamps placed there on, and are good til canceled.
It's been a few years since I bought US stamps, but in the UK as well as demonination stamps, the Post Office also sells letter class stamp's whose value varies over time. If you'd bought sheets of 1st class stamps at 2019 prices, you'd see a 8.5% return on investment selling them post-March 2020, although the average return for 2013-2019 was 2.5% per year.

Mmm... listen up, I've had an idea!

Lansdowne

Post by Lansdowne »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 3:53 am
Notorial Dissent wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 9:18 pm they are storage of value of a promise by the Post Office to deliver something with those same stamps placed there on, and are good til canceled.
It's been a few years since I bought US stamps, but in the UK as well as demonination stamps, the Post Office also sells letter class stamp's whose value varies over time. If you'd bought sheets of 1st class stamps at 2019 prices, you'd see a 8.5% return on investment selling them post-March 2020, although the average return for 2013-2019 was 2.5% per year.

Mmm... listen up, I've had an idea!
There is a stamp shop near me, owned and run by one guy, which sells used and unused stamps for collectors. I think stamp collectors are a declining market with not many new joiners. Anyway, outside this shop he advertises valid Royal Mail stamps, to the general public for 10-15% below standard price, small or large quantities available. So he has a way of clearing excessive stocks of mostly commemorative issues he bought over the years.

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

OK, but let's not confuse philatelists with philatearthers. :fingerwag:

I hope y'all are still wearing your seat belts!
Resume18

Post by Resume18 »

Another brave auditor preserving the first amendment.

NSFW: Language; racial slurs.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Quite the charmer that Glenn guy.

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

Northland10 wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 10:08 pm Quite the charmer that Glenn guy.
He was so pissed at not getting a rise from the officer.

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

I don't know if the following information is a good fit to the subject of this thread but I am unsure where else to post it. However, having seen the troubling images of him being circulated on social media, I thought I would add the information and the result of an investigation (so far) here.

It began with images on social media showing a person at a BLM protest in Las Vegas; the person was dressed as a federal law enforcement officer that was backing up LVMPD officers engaged in crowd control.

Tattoos visible on the person's arm showed Nazi "SS" lightening bolts/runes and the numbers "0351" which is a US Marine Corps MOS number for Infantry Assault Marines. Although Scout Snipers have sometimes used the same Nazi insignia in the past (for example I have seen them combined with the MOS on t-shirts), the practice is unauthorized and I believe it was forbidden by the Marine Commandant a number of years back.

Lots of people reacting to the photos on social media assumed that the person was a LVMPD officer and demanded he be fired due to his open display of Nazi imagery, while still others pointed to his example as proof that police in general and the LVMPD in particular are all racists and worse.

It turns out that the person is not a federal law enforcement officer nor any sort of officer; allegedly he was a police impersonator married to a real LVMPD officer that was turning up at BLM demonstrations and attempting to function as a real officer (along with LVMPD) while armed with an AR-15 and driving a personally owned vehicle outfitted with police emergency lighting and more.

The nuts are really coming out of the woodwork lately! H/T to JJ Macnab for posting the federal complaint (False Impersonation of an Officer or Employee of the United States, link below); I would expect that further charges may be forthcoming. A very bizarre case, especially given that the suspect is married to an officer. Additional information:

https://www.reviewjournal.com/crime/arm ... r-2051755/

https://twitter.com/CSStevensphoto/stat ... 81/photo/1

http://www.seditionists.com/sannscomplaint.pdf

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --President George W. Bush
Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

This part stuck out to me.
Earlier this week, Metro’s internal affairs bureau received a call from Sanns who said that officers swore at him and “had blown kisses to his wife” at the protest, the complaint stated.
It's like he was begging to be caught. Normal people would have stayed away from the cops once they got away with the initial crime.

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

Sugar Magnolia wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:03 pm This part stuck out to me.
Earlier this week, Metro’s internal affairs bureau received a call from Sanns who said that officers swore at him and “had blown kisses to his wife” at the protest, the complaint stated.
It's like he was begging to be caught. Normal people would have stayed away from the cops once they got away with the initial crime.
And according to the complaint, evidently his police officer wife was going along with the whole absurd idea of her husband impersonating a cop or government employee/contractor (implied CIA? Give me a break!). Very strange! Of all people she should have known better. And if true then she has zero credibility as an honest officer.

If he wanted to be a cop so badly, he should have just joined up and done so. If he could not have made it past a pre-employment background investigation, physical or or psych eval then he should have had the maturity (by now), common sense and judgment to have simply moved along into a different occupation doing something else. He also could have joined the Oaf Keepers or one of any number of loony militia groups that vet no one to play out his LARPer fantasies. Instead he has probably ruined his life.

"I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully." --President George W. Bush
Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh »

Indigo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:23 pm
And according to the complaint, evidently his police officer wife was going along with the whole absurd idea of her husband impersonating a cop or government employee/contractor (implied CIA? Give me a break!). Very strange! Of all people she should have known better. And if true then she has zero credibility as an honest officer.

If he wanted to be a cop so badly, he should have just joined up and done so. If he could not have made it past a pre-employment background investigation, physical or or psych eval then he should have had the maturity (by now), common sense and judgment to have simply moved along into a different occupation doing something else. He also could have joined the Oaf Keepers or one of any number of loony militia groups that vet no one to play out his LARPer fantasies. Instead he has probably ruined his life.
he's a disabled vet - he also had expired DAV plates

Indigo

Post by Indigo »

Flatpointhigh wrote: Sat Jun 13, 2020 12:37 pm
Indigo wrote: Fri Jun 12, 2020 8:23 pm

he's a disabled vet - he also had expired DAV plates
Good catch.

On the other hand, I have seen cases of "patriot" (largely self-identified hero types) falsifying DMV paperwork in order to get things like DMV issued Purple Heart recipient plates, veteran plates (non-disabled) & DMV plates signifying they were awarded military decorations (in states that have them).

I've not come across people falsifying DMV paperwork to get disabled veteran plates before, but have encountered cases (some in Nevada & elsewhere) involving all sorts of fraud (like false veteran disability claims, falsified DD-214's altered to reflect combat awards the veteran never actually received and then used to support stolen valor claims, etc). So at least to me and my admittedly jaded way of seeing some of this, after encountering so much fraud I no longer take much of anything at face value anymore. Including disabled veteran plates.

Although only alleged at this point, if all of the bizarro cop impersonation stuff if accurate then what credibility would the guy have to make claims about anything else, like being disabled?

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle »

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Here's the transcript I want to see for this one:
RUBEN INIGUEZ
Public Defender
State of Oregon

STEWART WEXLER
Prosecutor
United States Attorney General

IN THE UNITED STATES DISTRICT COURT
STATE OF OREGON

UNITED STATES OF AMERICA, Plaintiff
vs
WINSTON SHROUT, Defendant

GOVERNMENT'S RESPONSE TO DEFENDANT'S "Motion For Compassionate Release."

No.

SIGNED, Judge Robert E. Jones
DATED: June 22, 2020.
SEAL United States Magistrate Judge

This bramble need not be traversed.
Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

:thumbs:

Dave at Sea

Post by Dave at Sea »

I once wrote to the state’s Transport Minister to the effect:

Dear Minister for transport etc

Re: Government honours commitment to remove M4 toll.

Thank you.

Yours sincerely
Etc.

I hope that letter actually made it to the ministers in tray. :)

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”