United Constitutional Patriots (UCP) / "Guardian Patriots" Armed Border Group - Larry Hopkins / "Johnny Horton Jr."

TheNewSaint

Re: United Constitutional Patriots (UCP) Armed Border Militia Group - Larry Mitchell Hopkins / "Johnny Horton Jr." Arres

Post by TheNewSaint » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:28 pm

"Members of the United Constitutional Patriots were not given permission to camp on or access Union Pacific property," Union Pacific said in a statement.
Those damned immigrants, always taking things that aren't theirs.
This bramble need not be traversed.

scirreeve

Re: United Constitutional Patriots (UCP) Armed Border Militia Group - Larry Mitchell Hopkins / "Johnny Horton Jr." Arres

Post by scirreeve » Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:50 pm

Article by a guy that embedded with a different militia in 2016 and ran across Larry/Johnny while traipsing around with them.
https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2019/04/ ... ia-leader/

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:40 pm

Leader of militia that detained migrants reportedly attacked in jail

The leader of an armed militia group that made headlines for detaining migrants at the U.S.-Mexico border has been hospitalized after reportedly being attacked in prison.

Larry Hopkins, who was arrested Saturday in New Mexico on charges of being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition, was hospitalized with broken ribs after being attacked on Tuesday, Reuters reported, citing his attorney, Kelly O’Connell.

"This guy is very high profile. So, if he gets put into jail and is immediately attacked after his first hearing just a few days after being put in there, can Dona Ana County correctional protect high profile defendants?" O'Connell told Reuters, adding he didn't know what led to the attack.

Officials at Dona Ana County Detention Center, where Hopkins is being held, were not immediately available for comment. <SNIP>
https://thehill.com/latino/440424-leade ... ail-report
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:14 pm

I confess that I am a lot less offended by that news than I know I should be.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 1:17 pm

scirreeve wrote:
Tue Apr 23, 2019 4:50 pm
Article by a guy that embedded with a different militia in 2016 and ran across Larry/Johnny while traipsing around with them.
https://www.hopenothate.org.uk/2019/04/ ... ia-leader/
From the article:
More surprising than the arrival of this supposedly famous country singer was the arrival of the official Border Patrol officers one evening. With BOA being an extremely heavily-armed nativist extremist group, I had (naively) presumed the authorities would be at pains to distance themselves from such vigilante activity. However, the officers that turned up were genuinely pleased to see BOA. They talked amiably and openly expressed their gratitude for the work they were doing. ‘Hey, we are all Americans here,’ one of them said. They were even told to call the local border patrol office and explain their plans to avoid overlapping with the activities of the official operations.
In light of the above, words to ponder:
...No non-violent movement has succeeded without having the support (either passive or active) of the police and military. If the police or military acted against the movement (see pre-revolution Russia), the movement failed. When the movement succeeded, it was because the police and military either actively protected the movement or, at least, stepped aside and did not act to suppress it. Two extremely simplified examples... The US Civil Rights movement was suppressed at the local level until that eventually received intervention from the National Guard. Indian independence provoked local suppression until it generated disgust internationally and in England, eventually resulting in withdrawal.

If the US law enforcement agencies are enmeshed with white supremacist groups, which is no big surprise, and coming up with these definitions of who they're fighting against (the left) and who they're protecting (the fascists), then effective strategies must find ways to counter that. Otherwise, state-sanctioned force will win the day.
I've heard this bull before.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:39 pm

Dolly wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:40 pm
Leader of militia that detained migrants reportedly attacked in jail

:snippity:
https://thehill.com/latino/440424-leade ... ail-report
Could there be a Hispanic population in that jail that did not approve of women and children to be held at gunpoint? :think:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:06 pm

That is always a distinct possibility, but also, and more likely, he is a mouthy, entitled, SOB that the other inmates took an immediate and decided dislike to.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:42 pm

More than a distinct possibility. Hopkins seemed to have no protection or assistance from the Aryan-type prisoners, which means they essentially let him get beaten if they were not doing the beating themselves.

Larry Hopkins sounds like the kind of misfit who would rather tell an awkward lie when even the truth would work better for him. He's abused and flim-flammed his followers, who were patriotic (if misguided) Americans. He's coasted on stolen valor, false identities, and undeserved authority.

Heck, if I were there I probably would have joined in beating him.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:10 pm

Ask me if I'm surprised by the article's statements about border patrol generally being in cahoots with these yahoos...NOT. At all. Sadly.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:39 pm

RTH10260 wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:39 pm

Could there be a Hispanic population in that jail that did not approve of women and children to be held at gunpoint? :think:
A glance at the inmate list shows a lot of Hispanic names:

https://donaanacounty.org/inmates?page=1

The county itself is 63% Hispanic.
This bramble need not be traversed.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Wed Apr 24, 2019 4:50 pm

Fortinbras wrote:
Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:42 pm
Larry Hopkins sounds like the kind of misfit who would rather tell an awkward lie when even the truth would work better for him. He's abused and flim-flammed his followers, who were patriotic (if misguided) Americans. He's coasted on stolen valor, false identities, and undeserved authority.

Heck, if I were there I probably would have joined in beating him.

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Apr 27, 2019 7:34 pm

UCP.JPG
Bond hearing Monday, on the UCP page only 3 people are interested.
Bond Hearing.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Avatar Photo: Dedicated to Slim by the International Brotherhood of Weasels.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Mon Apr 29, 2019 2:39 pm

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. (Reuters) - A bomb threat prompted security officers on Monday to evacuate the courthouse where the leader of a paramilitary group that has detained undocumented migrants crossing the U.S.-Mexico border faces federal weapons charges.

Larry Hopkins, commander of the United Constitutional Patriots, has been charged with being a felon in possession of a firearm after the FBI said it found guns during a 2017 visit to his home.

Moments before Hopkins was to stand and face U.S. Magistrate Judge Karen Molzen, a U.S. Marshal walked towards him, motioned to him to get up and cleared the courtroom.

"There's been a bomb threat, all of you have to evacuate," the marshal said. :snippity:
https://wsau.com/news/articles/2019/apr ... ew-mexico/

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Tue Apr 30, 2019 1:26 am

Didn't look to see the winning over at their FB page, will be interesting how they spin it.
Leader of militia that detained migrants ordered to remain jailed pending trial
BY ZACK BUDRYK - 04/29/19 11:11 PM EDT 513

A U.S. magistrate judge ruled Monday that a militia leader arrested in Mexico on weapons charges must remain jailed ahead of his trial, according to CNN. U.S. Magistrate Judge Karen B. Mozen ruled that “clear and convincing evidence” demonstrated "no condition ... of release will reasonably assure the safety of any other person and the community” in the case of militia leader Larry Mitchell Hopkins, who was arrested April 20 after viral footage of him joining other members of the right-wing militia group the United Constitutional Patriots in detaining migrants.

Mozen cited Hopkins’ historical use of aliases and a series of probation violations and failures to appear in court as ordered in justifying her decision. Hopkins is facing charges of being a felon in possession of firearms and ammunition. He pleaded not guilty Monday, according to CNN. Hopkins, 69, faces up to 10 years in prison if convicted, according to the news outlet. According to an FBI special agent’s affidavit, federal agents found nine firearms and ammunition in Hopkins’ possession in November 2017 despite his multiple felony convictions, including impersonating an officer in Oregon in 2006.

Hopkins was reportedly attacked last week in detention and hospitalized with broken ribs, prompting his attorney, Kelly O'Connell, to condemn Mozen's ruling. "This guy is very high profile. So, if he gets put into jail and is immediately attacked after his first hearing just a few days after being put in there, can Dona Ana County correctional protect high profile defendants?" O'Connell told Reuters.
https://thehill.com/latino/441282-leade ... ding-trial
Avatar Photo: Dedicated to Slim by the International Brotherhood of Weasels.
Don't miss Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo » Thu May 09, 2019 11:07 am

Name change: United Consitutional Patriots is now Guardian Patriots

Stung By Leader’s Arrest And Bad Press, Armed Border Militia Adopts New Name
Stung by the arrest of their leader, an eviction from their campground on Union Pacific Railroad land and weeks of critical press coverage, members of the United Constitutional Patriots (UCP) border militia will be reforming under a new name, said Jim Benvie, the de facto spokesperson for UCP’s “Border Ops,” on Tuesday.

“We are officially changing our name to Guardian Patriots,” Benvie (pictured above) said in a live video stream filmed on a patch of land near the U.S.-Mexico border. “The reason for that is because we have had attacks on the UCP.”

Benvie also, again, contested the group’s characterization as a militia, instead describing his outfit as a group of volunteer videographers.

After the initial wave of press reports on UCP — which focused on its gun-toting members, some falsely identifying as law enforcement, making mass “arrests” of large groups of migrants along the border — the group tried to rehab its image...

pipistrelle

Post by pipistrelle » Thu May 09, 2019 11:41 am

Changing your name doesn’t make your group less toxic.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu May 09, 2019 11:48 am

And just last night trump laughed when an attendee shouted out "shoot them" to his question about immigrants. These are the kind of idiots I fear will hear that and take it as, "Who will rid me of this bothersome priest?" or however the quote goes.
Goodwill has opened their Halloween Dept which makes it officially Halloween Season! :dance: ImageImageImage x4

PaulG

Post by PaulG » Thu May 09, 2019 12:11 pm

We have to go back to Hitler days
I don't know where to start with this knucklehead pig-ignorant hateful piece of filth. No morality, no grammar. Garbage all the way down.

Clairez

Post by Clairez » Thu May 09, 2019 12:49 pm

pipistrelle wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:41 am
Changing your name doesn’t make your group less toxic.
See Blackwater (Eric Prince)

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu May 09, 2019 2:00 pm

And showing that the IQ level of the group far exceeds the regression on the mean theory. I would suspect that the reason their fearless leader got busted really have very little if anything to do with them/their play militia and everything to do with him being a dumbern' a rock f*** felon in possession and showing it off so the Feds would have something to grab him for. Some kinds of stupid you just can't cure.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Gregg

Post by Gregg » Thu May 09, 2019 2:11 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 11:48 am
And just last night trump laughed when an attendee shouted out "shoot them" to his question about immigrants. These are the kind of idiots I fear will hear that and take it as, "Who will rid me of this bothersome priest?" or however the quote goes.
The actual quote was probably closer* to "What miserable drones and traitors have I nurtured and promoted in my household who let their lord be treated with such shameful contempt by a low-born clerk!" But the sentiment is the same.

*Unlike Nixon, Henry II had the good sense to destroy the tapes (or in his day, kill the scribe) and we don't know exactly what he said. The problem is further complicated because Henry, like all the Norman kings until his son John, spoke hardly a word of English and the dialect of French he did speak was obscure at the time and the realm of serious scholars only nowadays. If you watch the movie becket enjoy the fantastic performances by both Richard Burton and Peter O'Toole, but the screenwriter didn't know squat about English history and pretty much every detail on the movie is wrong. Its like taking an online history class from Fox News, it has all the right names, but nothing they do is right. :)
Honorary Commander, 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment
Deadly Sausage Dogs from the Sky

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Thu May 09, 2019 2:27 pm

:like:

These days I've been getting most of my British history lessons from Horrible Histories from the BBC. It's a hoot.
Goodwill has opened their Halloween Dept which makes it officially Halloween Season! :dance: ImageImageImage x4

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Thu May 09, 2019 4:17 pm

Slim Cognito wrote:
Thu May 09, 2019 2:27 pm
:like:

These days I've been getting most of my British history lessons from Horrible Histories from the BBC. It's a hoot.
Try this chap - https://www.youtube.com/user/lindybeige
Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”