United Constitutional Patriots (UCP) / "Guardian Patriots" Armed Border Group - Larry Hopkins / "Johnny Horton Jr."

Notorial Dissent

Re: United Constitutional Patriots (UCP) / "Guardian Patriots" Armed Border Group - Larry Hopkins / "Johnny Horton Jr."

Post by Notorial Dissent »

The transport alone, either, is punishment to start.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

RTH10260

Re: United Constitutional Patriots (UCP) / "Guardian Patriots" Armed Border Group - Larry Hopkins / "Johnny Horton Jr."

Post by RTH10260 »

Conditions:
The conditions for Jim Benvie's release include:

- He must reside in a halfway house
- He must seek employment
- He may not possess a firearm or other weapon
- He must avoid all contact with the vigilante groups Patriot Guardians and United Constitutional Patriots
- He must remain at least 10 miles from the US-Mexico border.
- He must post a bond of $5,000

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

RTH10260 wrote:
Tue Jun 25, 2019 7:54 pm
Conditions:
The conditions for Jim Benvie's release include:

- He must reside in a halfway house
- He must seek employment
- He may not possess a firearm or other weapon
- He must avoid all contact with the vigilante groups Patriot Guardians and United Constitutional Patriots
- He must remain at least 10 miles from the US-Mexico border.
- He must post a bond of $5,000
I kind of like the halfway house part. It keeps them closer than normal release without having to do full detention. Not for every case, but it seems like a usable option.

Not sure about this guy. I suspect that the groups he is not to contact may not be long for this life. They have already lost 2 leaders and any others who have even a small amount of messy history are likely to scatter to avoid being the next one.
5 Days

North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

Larry Hopkins' attorney is asking for an eval of his mental competence. Evidently he fell in court in April and landed on his noggin (also the jail house beating). Short thread.
https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1 ... 3585800193

Notorial Dissent

Actually sounds like a good idea. They may not like the results.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

This thread is good stuff. Nick has a new gig going. He is really good. I tried to sent him $ but he refused until he gets his content up.
https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1 ... 0303994880

RVInit

Post by RVInit »

:like:
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede »

I'm guessing (and surely a lawyer will correct me if I'm wrong) that a "not guilty" plea to a charge of being a felon in possession of a firearm is usually unwise. The being a felon easily proven as is the firearm part, so it's probably only the possession part that's likely contestable. But I imagine courts are probably skeptical of "the gun belongs to my grandmother" or "I was taking it to clean for a friend" excuses. So trying for a soft plea deal is the best option, isn't it? And presumably that's what Hopkins' attorney has persuaded him?

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy »

He might be using some soc-cit thinking that he can contest the "felon" part.

Notorial Dissent

I don't know, thinking about it, he's just dumb enough to think he can talk his way out of it all with sovcitsplaining.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

According to the First Vigil website, Hopkins was supposed to go on trial the third week of December. Has anyone got any more recent news?
I've heard this bull before.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

DejaMoo wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:11 am
According to the First Vigil website, Hopkins was supposed to go on trial the third week of December. Has anyone got any more recent news?
Change of plea hearing today.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

scirreeve wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:20 am
DejaMoo wrote:
Thanks. The mill wheels of justice grind slowly.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve »

DejaMoo wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 4:01 pm
scirreeve wrote:
Thu Jan 02, 2020 11:20 am
DejaMoo wrote:
Thanks. The mill wheels of justice grind slowly.
Update.
https://twitter.com/nickmartin/status/1 ... 0303602688

Photoguy

Post by Photoguy »

He'll have something to sing about.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pIeA9ktqGEQ

Notorial Dissent

If he plead guilty to FIP I wonder what they had on him otherwise to encourage him? Wouldn't that normally come with some jail time?

Northland10

Post by Northland10 »

Notorial Dissent wrote:
Fri Jan 03, 2020 4:32 am
If he plead guilty to FIP I wonder what they had on him otherwise to encourage him? Wouldn't that normally come with some jail time?
They did mention that they would only ask for the base level sentence, so he could be given time served or only a few months more. Without that, it could have been a much more substantial sentence.
5 Days

North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

Border Militia Leader Pleads Guilty to Gun Charge. His Followers Say It’s Fake News.
:snippity:
Hopkins, who promotes far-right conspiracy theories, has also claimed to be in contact with President Donald Trump and allegedly said he was training the UCP to “assassinate” Hillary Clinton, former President Barack Obama, and liberal megadonor George Soros.

His change of plea on Thursday touched off a new wave of false claims from his group, which has maintained that Hopkins is innocent of his weapons charges. In a UCP Facebook group on Thursday, a prominent member (who previously claimed the “deep state” was paying for migrants to “crash the system”) claimed Horton had not pleaded guilty, but that all his charges were actually dropped. (They were not.) Other members ordered each other not to share news coverage of Hopkins’ guilty plea, which they claimed was not real.

Hopkins’ lawyer, Kelly O’Connell, confirmed that the guilty plea was legitimate. “It doesn’t surprise me” that UCP members claimed his charges were dropped, O’Connell told The Daily Beast. “These guys’ minds are all fighting against what they see is this very unjust government police state and everything. I understand the resistance to accepting him changing his plea, but nobody called me from the group to verify anything, or ask why” Hopkins changed his plea.

“The questions was, you’re looking at up to 10 years on a charge that is typically not difficult to prove,” O’Connell explained of Hopkins’ weapons charge. “Are you gonna fight this out to the end or would you rather take a plea deal?”

Foggy

Post by Foggy »

My staff informs me that he's been given an office in the East Wing, that he's secretly working with Trump to destroy the Deep State, and the fake guilty plea was intended to distract the real bad guys so they would let down their guard. Yup.

My staff plays pranks during the first week of the new year ... :smoking:
In my defense, I was left unsupervised.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”