United Constitutional Patriots (UCP) / "Guardian Patriots" Armed Border Group - Larry Hopkins / "Johnny Horton Jr."

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

United Constitutional Patriots (UCP) / "Guardian Patriots" Armed Border Group - Larry Hopkins / "Johnny Horton Jr."

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:41 pm

Breaking: Larry Hopkins arrested by FBI.

This crazy militia group and the arrest of Larry is going to have a lot of content, if you posted elsewhere, please repost here too also.
STOPPED
FBI Arrests New Mexico Border Militia Leader Larry Mitchell Hopkins
Hopkins runs an armed border militia group that spreads far-right conspiracies.
Audrey McNamara 04.20.19 5:00 PM ET

The FBI arrested a 69-year-old New Mexico man who allegedly illegally detained immigrants crossing the border under the guise of working for the United States Border Patrol. Larry Mitchell Hopkins, who runs The United Constitutional Patriots (UCP), an armed border militia group that spreads far-right conspiracies and rounds up asylum seekers on the border, was arrested by FBI in New Mexico Saturday on charges of possessing firearms and ammunition as a convicted felon.

Recent video footage released by UCP shows two members holding what appear to be semi-automatic rifles near immigrants, many of them children. The group also peddles conspiracy theories and produces a radio show where members spread information about QAnon, and accuse migrants of associating with ISIS. Hopkins has also claimed that president Trump has personally asked him about ‘Muslim immigration.’ UCP and Hopkins claim to work with Border Patrol, which has publicly denied doing so. Border Patrol agents sometimes appear in the periphery of the groups videos, which show camo-clad UCP members interacting with migrants at the southern border.
UCP is only one of several vigilante groups patrolling the southern border with guns. New Mexico Attorney General Hector Balderas issued a statement on Saturday, praising the FBI over Hopkins' arrest. “This is a dangerous felon who should not have weapons around children and families,” Balderas wrote in a statement. “Today's arrest by the FBI indicates clearly that the rule of law should be in the hands of trained law enforcement officials, not armed vigilantes.”

Hopkins, of Flora Vista, N.M., is expected to have an initial appearance in U.S. District Court in Las Cruces, New Mexico on Monday. Federal authorities said they would not released additional details about Hopkins’ arrest until after the appearance. The arrest was the latest fallout for the group. On Friday, the UCP Facebook group announced to its members that they no longer accept donations through PayPal, as the service has suspended their account.

“TO ALL PATRIOTS, I wish to thank all of you that has donated to the Border Ops mission up till now. We can no longer accept payments thru PAYPAL, they have permanently suspended our account,” the post read. “... And is hold $1300.00 in donations for 180 days. I am looking for another outfit that we can go thru.”

PayPal and GoFundMe announced Friday that they would no longer allow UCP to raise funds on their platforms. A PayPal spokesperson told BuzzFeed News in a statement that UCP had been banned from their platform following a video that shows the group rounding up nearly 200 migrants. “The account associated with United Constitutional Patriots has been closed due to a violation of our Acceptable Use Policy,” the spokesperson told BuzzFeed News. “We do not allow PayPal services to be used to promote hate, violence, or other forms of intolerance that is discriminatory.”
https://www.thedailybeast.com/fbi-arres ... ref=scroll

Buzzfeed yesterday:
"They Killed Us": Crowdfunding Sites Have Cut Off An Armed Militia Detaining Migrants At The Border
The militia detained hundreds of migrants at gunpoint this week and is accused of violating the crowdfunding sites' policy on the promotion of hate or violence.
Salvador Hernandez BuzzFeed News Reporter Posted on April 19, 2019, at 10:27 p.m. ET

A right-wing “patriot” group that detained hundreds of migrants at gunpoint at the southern border this week after raising thousands of dollars online was notified by crowdfunding giants PayPal and GoFundMe that its fundraising campaigns have been shut down, dealing a major blow to the militia's operation. Known as the United Constitutional Patriots (UCP), the militia has been patrolling a remote stretch of the New Mexico desert near the Mexico border for months with heavily armed members reportedly detaining dozens of migrants a day.

The group has used the thousands of dollars donated online to supply food, gasoline, propane, and a portable toilet at a camp in Sunland, New Mexico, but by Friday members of the militia learned they would no longer be able to use PayPal or GoFundMe to raise money. "They killed us," Mark Cheney, who described himself as commander of United Constitutional Patriots, told BuzzFeed News in a phone interview. "I have to find some other way for people to donate." On Friday, the militia was notified that both their PayPal and GoFundMe campaigns had been shut down for violating the crowdfunding sites' policy on the promotion of hate or violence, and in at least one instance allegedly using the funds to buy firearms. Cheney denied that the group used donations to purchase weapons.
That decision, Cheney said, dealt a significant blow to the group's operations in a remote area near the southern border, where costs can quickly add up. "As the commander, it's my responsibility to find some way for people to donate," he said. Members of the group have been camped near the border since November, hoping to shut off the flow of immigrants crossing the border they have called an "invasion," echoing the hardline rhetoric by President Trump. Leaders say in that time they've detained more than 3,000 migrants, and members have posted dozens of videos online showing migrants, including young children, held in detention near the border.

But this week, state and local officials issued warnings to the group after videos suggested members were stopping immigrants at gunpoint, wearing badges, and falsely identifying themselves as law enforcement. Cheney, who has been a member of the United Constitutional Patriots since its inception six years ago, didn't dispute that its members were armed when detaining immigrants at the border.

"Oh sure, we'd be fools not to be," he said.

He conceded some of the men carry badges that resemble those worn by law enforcement.

"If [immigrants] can't tell the difference, that's their problem," he said.

In at least one of the videos posted online by the militia, a person is heard yelling at migrants, "Policia!" or "Police," in heavily accented Spanish before detaining the border crossers. Cheney said the person yelling, "must have been one of the immigrants."

On Thursday, the New Mexico Attorney General released a statement condemning the militia and saying it "should not attempt to exercise authority reserved for law enforcement."

Peter Simonson, executive director for the ACLU of New Mexico, said citizen arrests can only be made in the case of a felony. Illegal entry into the US is a misdemeanor, and not reason enough for a person to carry out a citizen's arrest. Simonson said he grew concerned about the militia impersonating law enforcement officers after watching videos posted by the group. "That's one crime that is a federal felony," Simonson told BuzzFeed News. "I also suspect the militias could be guilty of false imprisonment and maybe even kidnapping, and that's just the tip of the iceberg."
And despite the warnings from state and federal officials, concerns from civil liberty groups, and a halt to their funding stream, the group intends on staying put. "Some people might not want us up there," Cheney said. "All I could say is, 'tough.'"
https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article/sa ... ain-paypal
Avatar Photo: Current Logo for Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

mmmirele

Re: The United Constitutional Patriots (UCP) Armed Border Militia Group - Larry Mitchell Hopkins

Post by mmmirele » Sat Apr 20, 2019 6:57 pm

Thanks for posting this.

I am thrilled the government moved in on this asshat because he and his vigilante bunch was worrying friends of mine involved in immigrant issues.

scirreeve

Re: The United Constitutional Patriots (UCP) Armed Border Militia Group - Larry Mitchell Hopkins

Post by scirreeve » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:04 pm

More on this guy. He went by Johnny Horton Jr. and claims to be the son of the singer Johnny Horton.
https://www.splcenter.org/hatewatch/201 ... est-record

His FB page is here. https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100001932540125

If you want to hear him sing here you go. https://www.reverbnation.com/musician/432140

Grumpy Old Guy

Post by Grumpy Old Guy » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:03 pm

This guy could also go under "The Stupid It Burns" thread.

RTH10260

Post by RTH10260 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:22 pm

Grumpy Old Guy wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:03 pm
This guy could also go under "The Stupid It Burns" thread.
Ahhhh - but this senior only had a senior moment when he accidentially grabbed his gun ;)

scirreeve

Re: United Constitutional Patriots (UCP) Armed Border Militia Group - Larry Mitchell Hopkins / "Johnny Horton Jr." Arres

Post by scirreeve » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:37 pm

Found his case in Oregon for impersonating a police officer and felon in possession.
Capture.JPG
Sentence was probation and ~$2000 fine. Warrant was issued in 2007 for parole violation but they never found him. Warrant was cancelled in Oct. 2018. He has not paid the ~$2000.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scirreeve

Re: United Constitutional Patriots (UCP) Armed Border Militia Group - Larry Mitchell Hopkins / "Johnny Horton Jr." Arres

Post by scirreeve » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:42 pm

He was extradited from Oregon to Michigan in 1996. I guess that is where the other felony happened. Haven't bothered to look at Michigan court records yet.

Whip

Post by Whip » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:49 pm

you'll notice the gutless frito bunditoes didn't have the balls to do this. especially the koernig of kon since he lost control of his imaginary army. where's blaine 'stanley hicks' cooper?

Orlylicious
Location: With Pete Buttigieg and the other "open and defiant homosexuals" --Bryan Fischer AFA

Post by Orlylicious » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:51 pm

"since he lost control of his imaginary army."
OMG that was funny, thanks!! :rotflmao:
Avatar Photo: Current Logo for Fogbow's favorite show, "Mama June: From Not To Hot: "The Road To Intervention"

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:30 pm

I can't figure out the Michigan court records. Seems you need to know which county and I'm not gonna go through all of them to find Larry (aka Johnny). Oregon court records just say he was extradited to the State of Michigan. I give up. I guess some reporter will figure this out pretty soon (if they haven't already).

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:50 pm

He does at least have several points over Karl, he does have (real)followers/groupies, and appears to be even getting donations from the clueless.

What does come to mind is how he acquired his felon accolade, how many people he/they actually interfered with, and how many "thousand" dollars they actually collected. The real problem I have is the pooty militia penchant for shall we say exaggeration.....
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:40 pm

scirreeve wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 10:30 pm
I can't figure out the Michigan court records. Seems you need to know which county and I'm not gonna go through all of them to find Larry (aka Johnny). Oregon court records just say he was extradited to the State of Michigan. I give up. I guess some reporter will figure this out pretty soon (if they haven't already).
He was apparently convicted of a felony of false pretenses (fraud) in 1986, in Midland County, Michigan.

https://heavy.com/news/2019/04/larry-mi ... pkins/amp/
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:51 pm

And evidently tried to to a prison break or something.

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:12 am

Was this guy or the group on anyone's radar? I wasn't able to find any mention of him prior to his arrest on Fogbow or Quatloos.

ArthurWankspittle

Post by ArthurWankspittle » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:44 am

He's a felon with a firearm? :swoon:
Going to Tibet now and deleting Facebook you have my email address.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:45 am

I wonder if he really is a Vietnam veteran, as his hat implies.
This bramble need not be traversed.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:56 am

I've certainly never heard of him, pot of beans that amounts to, but I think he is probably more in the line of another legend in his own mind like the rest of them, Karl only more so. He does at least seem to have some actual dumber than he is followers. One of my first thoughts was to wonder if he was a real veteran.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:05 am

I usually try to avoid confrontation with poots on twitter, but I couldn't resist when they were crying about their leader being arrested. After all, it was the immigrants "breaking the law." I suggested they remember that when a creepy neighbor "arrests" their grandchild for trespassing because they cut across creepy's yard, then locks the kid in their basement.

They were not pleased.
ImageImageImage x4

Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:34 am

Why haven’t they arrested everyone else? :think:

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:52 am

Slim Cognito wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:05 am
I usually try to avoid confrontation with poots on twitter, but I couldn't resist when they were crying about their leader being arrested. After all, it was the immigrants "breaking the law." I suggested they remember that when a creepy neighbor "arrests" their grandchild for trespassing because they cut across creepy's yard, then locks the kid in their basement.

They were not pleased.
They never do like it when real world common sense enters the picture, besides laws don't apply to them.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:25 am

Militia groups have been operating on the border for years. Our friend Blaine Cooper Stanley Hicks and his wife have abandoned their kids in the past to join one or more of those groups in the past. The new thing seems to be the actual detaining of immigrants. Blaine Cooper and his bunch largely seemed to operate in remote areas, and mostly as more of a Special Forces Cosplay operation and I never heard of any of them coming within miles of an actual immigrant. although I'm not claiming it has never happened.

If you go to YouTube and type "border patrol militia" a number of videos come up, including a special report by PBS. Over the past two years or so Ii watched some of these myself, but I don't remember if Hopkins is mentioned or featured in any of them. We might be able to find one that features him.
"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sun Apr 21, 2019 12:34 pm

Mark set up another PayPal for this, looking for a "report page" button, going around a ban is not allowed.

It's on their FB page: https://www.facebook.com/United-Constit ... 740762495/
United Constitutional Patriots 17 hrs ·
To all Patriots Here is the New donation site: https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8e4ecWtbw6
Mark Cheney CMDR UCP
These funds will be used to assist those Citizen Patriots that need assistance to include legal issues. supplies and other item that are approved by the HQ Staff.
311 Comments
20 Shares
https://www.paypal.com/pools/c/8e4ecWtb ... 1540924646

IDK if the email below is correct to report, these are just a couple of the comments on the post.
Edward Michael AUPviolations@paypal.com

Walt Bakes Ditto.

James Nintendad I'd like to see paypal shut down the check in the mail I just sent. Fucking idiots...you can't stop us

WE Manus James Nintendad As domestic terrorists,you deserve the Tarpman treatment

James Nintendad WE Manus lol the only terrorists here are you and your leftist buddies. Maybe you guys should move to Venezuela where you can live in a socialist paradise.

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sun Apr 21, 2019 2:16 pm

More press:

""This country was built on three things: God, guns and guts," Larry Hopkins said a month before he was accused of being a felon in possession of firearms."
There's video at: https://www.yahoo.com/news/united-const ... 12545.html

United Constitutional Patriots civilian border militia member Larry Mitchell Hopkins arrested https://news.yahoo.com/united-constitut ... soc_trk=tw via @YahooNews

From a Newsmax story:
Mexico's government on Saturday said it had "deep concern" about armed groups that intimidate migrants.

U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) said it did not support citizens taking law enforcement into their own hands but encouraged the public to be its eyes and ears on the border.

"Border Patrol welcomes assistance from the community and encourages anyone who witnesses or suspects illegal activity to call 911, or the U.S. Border Patrol," CBP said in a statement.

One UCP member, who declined to be named, said the group are U.S. military veterans who carried weapons for self defense but that they never pointed guns at migrants, as has been reported.

"People misconceive what we are doing," the UCP member said. "All we're down there to do is back up Border Patrol. They're so thinned out with all these people coming in." (Reporting By Andrew Hay in Taos, New Mexico; Editing by Daniel Wallis and Chizu Nomiyama)
https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/artic ... id/912609/

From Heavy.com's 5 Fast Facts (no idea who does that, but they are always on top of it):
1. Hopkins Has a Criminal Record Dating Back to at Least 1986 & Has Been Convicted of Impersonating a Police Officer

FBI agents arrested Hopkins on April 20 on charges of being a felon in possession of a firearm. He has a long arrest record, dating back to at least 1986, when he was arrested and convicted of the “felony of false pretenses,” or fraud, in Midland County, Michigan. Decades later, in 2006, Hopkins was arrested in Klamath County, Oregon on charges of impersonating a police officer and being a felon in possession of a firearm.

According to the arrest report filed in Klamath County, police found Hopkins at a gas station showing off a gun to a group of young people. The arrest report says that Hopkinns was also showing the group of juveniles a badge that said “special agent” and was telling them that he was a police officer. Hopkins pleaded guilty to impersonating a police officer and to one count of possessing a firearm.

Arrest report from Klamath County, Oregon:

Orlylicious

Post by Orlylicious » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:59 pm

O. Taitz promised she'd be taking time off until 4/27 but she's posted like 20 times on her stye with no comments or feedback. Go Orly Go! Away!
FBI arrests the leader of the patriotic group which is arresting illegal aliens at the border. Is FBI helping to uphold the law or is FBI the fifth column, an army seeking to destroy our borders, our souvernty for the anti-American globalists?
Orly Poot.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:57 pm

Jeffrey wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:12 am
Was this guy or the group on anyone's radar? I wasn't able to find any mention of him prior to his arrest on Fogbow or Quatloos.
I was paying a little attention to him. One of the AZ militia poots was interacting with him. I don't remember which one - could have been Lewie or Antone or Foley or Hildinger. He was also buddies with the poot singer and pedophile Mark Connors (real name Mark Cruz) who had a run in with Ace Baker a year or 2 ago.

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”