Joey Gibson/Tusitala Toese

DmitriNotPetra

Joey Gibson/Tusitala Toese

Post by DmitriNotPetra » Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:18 pm

Hey guys, long time anti-RWNJ operative here. I've been following the "Patriot's Prayer" in the Vancouver WA/Portland Oregon area for a little bit. I've been monitoring their rhetoric and postings about their planned August 4th rally where they are talking about busing in armed members to the Portland Waterfront.
Something is not sitting right with me about the whole thing. The biggest is that the police, Local, State, and Federal (given they are crossing state lines for their shenanigans) are being pretty quiet about the whole thing, despite the fact that IMHO it has the potential to be worse than Charlottesville, and yes, I put this in the context of the leeway dumb RWNJs are given by law enforcement in general terms.
The other thing that isn't sitting quite right with me centers around their big-brawler, Tusitala Toese. Toese was picked up on June 30th, 2018 for assault.

http://www.wweek.com/news/courts/2018/0 ... est-group/

I can't find any other details about his arrest or arraignment.

Then around about July 20th, Toese was back out hanging with Joey Gibson, harrassing Occupy ICE people in Portland.

https://www.portlandmercury.com/blogtow ... occupy-ice

Now as I said, I can find nothing more on Toese's arrest or arraignment. I have to assume he is out on bail/bond awaiting trial for the assault charges. He also has a lengthy criminal history. Now, generally speaking, if you're arrested for certain activities with a certain group, a condition of you being out on bail is to stay away from said group. So my only conclusion is that either Toese is doing something he shouldn't be as we speak, OR, OR, OR... Toese is shall we say, a "cooperative" person. Thoughts?

Foggy

Re: Joey Gibson/Tusitala Toese

Post by Foggy » Thu Aug 02, 2018 4:54 pm

I don't have time for thoughts today, but this is interesting.
Every locked door has a key. - Emika Chen

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:04 pm

Here is what is in the court records available on line for his misdemeanor assault charge. I don't know what all of this means. Sorry for the formatting - just C/Ped it and didn't bother fixing it.
Toese, Tusitala J
1 Assault in the Fourth Degree 163.160(2) Misdemeanor Class A 06/30/2018

Disposition Events
07/02/2018 Disposition

Judicial Officer
Lavin, Andrew M

Assault in the Fourth Degree
No Complaint

Events and Hearings

07/02/2018 Arraignment

Judicial Officer
Lavin, Andrew M

Hearing Time
2:00 PM

Result
No Complaint

07/02/2018 Agreement - Supervised Pretrial Release

07/02/2018 Motion - Recognizance Release

07/02/2018 Affidavit - Eligibility - ACP

07/02/2018 Order - Appear

Judicial Officer
Lavin, Andrew M Comment
NO COMPLAINT
07/02/2018 Notice - Advise Appeal Rights
Edit: Just checked and he is on probation until Feb. 13 on a previous harassment charge that I think he pleaded guilty to.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:04 pm

Is this the rally where Patriots Prayer and their friends plan to dress as Anti-Fa? What could possibly go right?
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

mmmirele

Post by mmmirele » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:34 pm

kate520 wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:04 pm
Is this the rally where Patriots Prayer and their friends plan to dress as Anti-Fa? What could possibly go right?
The very same. Given the Portland Police's difficulty/unwillingness in getting between these two groups during past encounters, it's going to be ugly.

kate520

Post by kate520 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:40 pm

Jeebus, is this part of their plan to incite civil war?

WTF is wrong with PPD? And Charlottesville? Berkeley? IIRC, they all did jack compared to the assessed threat.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Dolly

Post by Dolly » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:00 pm

DmitriNotPetra wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 3:18 pm
Hey guys, long time anti-RWNJ operative here.
Welcome to The Fogbow, DmitriNotPetra :wave:

For those that want to play along...
JOEY GIBSON AND PATRIOT PRAYER: THE WESTBORO BAPTIST CHURCH OF THE ALT RIGHT
By Spencer Sunshine, on September 6, 2017

Joey Gibson is a Far Right activist who, since March 2017, has made a name for himself by organizing confrontational rallies in liberal enclaves on the West Coast that have frequently descended into violence. Based in Vancouver, Washington (located across the Columbia River from Portland, Oregon) Gibson organizes events under the name Patriot Prayer. He draws support from the Patriot movement, the Alt Right and fascists, homophobic Christian nationalists, and right-wing bikers. Patriot Prayer is the Alt Right version of the Westboro Baptist Church—they purposely antagonize people they perceived as opponents by engaging in public protests at sensitive times, and then in turn portray their targets as intolerant. Patriot Prayer has gone to the Bay Area in California; Portland, Oregon; and Seattle and Olympia, Washington. <SNIP>
https://www.politicalresearch.org/2017/ ... alt-right/

Joey Gibson
https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100013660111371

Patriot Prayer
https://www.facebook.com/PatriotPrayerUSA/?ref=br_rs

Joey Gibson For U.S. Senate
https://www.facebook.com/GibsonForFreedom/?ref=br_rs

Gibson For Senate Freedom March
Public · Hosted by Patriot Prayer and Joey Gibson For U.S. Senate
Saturday at 12 PM - 4 PM
Salmon Street Fountain
1020 SW Naito Pkwy, Portland, Oregon 97204

337 Going · 581 Interested
Details
The Portland Rally will start at Salmon Street Springs at the waterfront in Portland Oregon at 1000 SW Naito Pkwy, Portland, OR 97204.

It will be secured and ready for buses to drop off Patriots in large groups. Stay together and inside the security.
Those coming into the water front on their own should not be wearing anything that identifies you are with the Patriots. Wear normal clothing and get to Salmon Street Springs from the multiple different ways in.
This is a Patriot Prayer campaign event and march.

https://www.facebook .com/events/276767749553666/

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
There are also these other guys. It is my understanding they traveled from Arkansas to Portland (because beats the hell out of me). No idea what they plan to do in Portland. I don't know that much about them. :confused:

Billy Session/Hiwaymen
https://www.facebook.com/Billy-SessionH ... 695990358/

Sorry if some of this has been covered in a different thread. I am behind in stuff.
Avatar by Tal Peleg Art of Makeup https://www.facebook.com/TalPelegMakeUp

kate520

Post by kate520 » Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:30 pm

Sekrit Stuffs!
i took a peek at Joey Gibson’s FB friends. I was shocked to see people with whom I have mutual friends. Then I looked closer. They’re all lib activists, and Murray Waas the journalist is there too. A LOT of his Facebook friends appear to simply be keeping an eye on him.
DEFEND DEMOCRACY

Piskey

Post by Piskey » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:23 pm

Hidden Content
This board requires you to be registered and logged-in to view hidden content.

TollandRCR

Post by TollandRCR » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:30 pm

This all sounds dangerous to me -- dangerous to everybody including the police. Is there any way to be sure of separating the opposing groups?
“The truth is, we know so little about life, we don’t really know what the good news is and what the bad news is.” Kurt Vonnegut

DmitriNotPetra

Post by DmitriNotPetra » Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:49 pm

scirreeve wrote:
Here is what is in the court records available on line for his misdemeanor assault charge. I don't know what all of this means. Sorry for the formatting - just C/Ped it and didn't bother fixing it.
Toese, Tusitala J

Disposition Events
07/02/2018 Disposition

Judicial Officer
Lavin, Andrew M

No Complaint

Events and Hearings

07/02/2018 Arraignment

Judicial Officer
Lavin, Andrew M

Hearing Time

Result
No Complaint

Judicial Officer
Lavin, Andrew M Comment
NO COMPLAINT
Edit: Just checked and he is on probation until Feb. 13 on a previous harassment charge that I think he pleaded guilty to.
Hey, thanks so much for finding that for me! Your Google skills are superior to mine. So, can we establish then that Tulista Toese, while on probation, is currently making threats and engaging in general shenanigans with Patriot's Prayer?

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:50 am

mmmirele wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:34 pm
kate520 wrote:
The very same. Given the Portland Police's difficulty/unwillingness in getting between these two groups during past encounters, it's going to be ugly.
Wait a minute. They're going as themselves, and posing as the opposition?
This bramble need not be traversed.

scirreeve

Post by scirreeve » Fri Aug 03, 2018 1:02 am

DmitriNotPetra wrote:
Thu Aug 02, 2018 9:49 pm
scirreeve wrote:
Toese, Tusitala J

Disposition Events
07/02/2018 Disposition

Judicial Officer
Lavin, Andrew M

No Complaint

Events and Hearings

07/02/2018 Arraignment

Judicial Officer
Lavin, Andrew M

Hearing Time

Result
No Complaint

Judicial Officer
Lavin, Andrew M Comment
NO COMPLAINT
Hey, thanks so much for finding that for me! Your Google skills are superior to mine. So, can we establish then that Tulista Toese, while on probation, is currently making threats and engaging in general shenanigans with Patriot's Prayer?
Says case is closed. IDK about the rest of that shit. Tiny is an asshole - that is all.

Piskey

Post by Piskey » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:28 am

TheNewSaint wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:50 am
mmmirele wrote:
kate520 wrote:
I think you'll find that the idea of Patriot Prayer peeps disguising themselves as Antifa and infiltrating the crowd was pretence. I don't believe that is going to happen.
Joey Gibson's not going to disguise himself as anything, he wants to see his face all over the media, and as for PP followers, they're only comfortable as a mob.
I suppose some of Gibson's followers might just take his posturing seriously and try it but think it unlikely. And if they did, what then? Do they plan on martyring themselves? I can't imagine them taking action if they are alone in a crowd of 'enemies' .
I just watched a video posted by a group of out of town poots who've driven to Portland for the event. They live streamed their arrival in Portland and as they drove around the outside of the city it was quite clear that they were afraid. Being out of their comfort zone and surrounded by urban libtards they sought comfort in looking for cars with American flag bumper stickers in the teeming traffic. They recoiled at the sight of a VW camper as though it were radioactive. Paranoia poured off them

Meanwhile on an Antifa page I looked at they weren't taking Gibson's infiltration plans seriously

. https://www.facebook.com/327808530757 ... 803456330/

I certainly do share the concerns about violence at this event, especially with regard to Portland's policing of earlier Patriot Prayer rallies.

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:43 am

TheNewSaint wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 12:50 am
mmmirele wrote:
kate520 wrote:
It's part public cosplay, part street rumble. Joey comes from the Proud Boys. He loves him some beat downs. But, he likes adulation better.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:13 am

They love being the street thugs for MAGA but are totally oblivious to what happens to vanguards of the movement when their Dear Leader no longer has need of them.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:28 pm

Portland Police Bureau promises weapons checks and bomb sniffing dogs at tomorrow's scheduled protest. No weapons will be allowed in. However, state law requires they allow all verified conceal carry holders to bring their guns.

So, I guess the question becomes how fast is the verification process?

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:48 pm

Bill_G wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:43 am
It's part public cosplay, part street rumble. Joey comes from the Proud Boys. He loves him some beat downs. But, he likes adulation better.
So it's like pro wrestling, then?

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:10 pm

TheNewSaint wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:48 pm
Bill_G wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 8:43 am
So it's like pro wrestling, then?
Very. Faux outrage, chest thumping, hyperbolic claims of victory, and fans gobbling it up. All that is missing is the strong odor of old wood and sweat.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:38 pm

So people actually dress as Antifa members and "lose" the fight with Patriot Prayer? Like wrestling jobbers?

DmitriNotPetra

Post by DmitriNotPetra » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:49 pm

Bill_G wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 3:28 pm
Portland Police Bureau promises weapons checks and bomb sniffing dogs at tomorrow's scheduled protest. No weapons will be allowed in. However, state law requires they allow all verified conceal carry holders to bring their guns.

So, I guess the question becomes how fast is the verification process?
Womp womp. No gun for Joey. Keep screenshots if you spot him with one.

https://www.opb.org/news/article/joey-g ... S4.twitter

Also, he says he's "not sure" if he mentioned to out-of-state participants that they need a permit to carry a loaded within the City of Portland's jurisdiction. So, I'm back to my question as to whether Joey and Tusitala are very "cooperative" persons who are arranging to put a bunch of extremists on a convenient bus and having them break the law all at once, with plenty of time for the authorities to pre-plan. If not, they really are just that dumb. Maybe Mark McConnell can drive the bus.

Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink » Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:17 am

However, state law requires they allow all verified conceal carry holders to bring their guns.
How fine would it be to get all the fa and antifa people into the park, close the gates and let off a bunch of firecrackers. This should be sufficient to to start everyone with a gun shooting at whoever they imagine is shooting at them, possibly resulting in a no man left standing situation.

The bodies could then be swept up, stripped of anything of value and sent off to landfill.

My semi serious question is just what do all these irresponsible armed people imagine they are going to do with their guns? There seems little to do with them except shoot people and if there was some way of ensuring that it was just loony on loony action with no stray bullets to endanger the local populace this seems harmless enough.

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:38 am

TheNewSaint wrote:
Fri Aug 03, 2018 4:38 pm
So people actually dress as Antifa members and "lose" the fight with Patriot Prayer? Like wrestling jobbers?
That I can't verify.

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Sat Aug 04, 2018 7:47 am

Siegfried Shrink wrote:
Sat Aug 04, 2018 3:17 am
However, state law requires they allow all verified conceal carry holders to bring their guns.
How fine would it be to get all the fa and antifa people into the park, close the gates and let off a bunch of firecrackers. This should be sufficient to to start everyone with a gun shooting at whoever they imagine is shooting at them, possibly resulting in a no man left standing situation.

The bodies could then be swept up, stripped of anything of value and sent off to landfill.

My semi serious question is just what do all these irresponsible armed people imagine they are going to do with their guns? There seems little to do with them except shoot people and if there was some way of ensuring that it was just loony on loony action with no stray bullets to endanger the local populace this seems harmless enough.
The simplest solution is to stop granting Joey a march permit. Let him moan about censorship. He's an attractive nuisance. His mere presence incites people.

Bill_G

Post by Bill_G » Sat Aug 04, 2018 9:18 am

Haha! The so called keepers of conservative values intend to rally in Vancouver WA first where shuttle buses will take them across the river to Portland Waterfront Park. However, the owners of the shopping plaza where they intend to all park their cars promises to have them towed.

Statement Regarding Gathering at Grand Central Shopping Center

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”