Anthony Williams, Private Attorney General

Fortinbras

Re: Anthony Williams, Private Attorney General

Post by Fortinbras » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:23 am

It definitely appears that Williams is either gone 'round the bend or is pretending so that he might use a diminished mental capacity defense. This is implausible in light of his very long criminal career, but a jury - if not allowed to know of his many years as a con-artist - might be fooled.

One thing is obvious, Williams himself is determined to try to get a complete acquittal and walk on all these charges. His lawyer - any defense lawyer - would regard that as such a longshot that he'd be sniffing around for a plea bargain that would only involve five or ten years of prison.

Judge Roy Bean

Post by Judge Roy Bean » Fri Apr 13, 2018 12:09 pm

That's the problem with mental illness - if you're not competent, are you sane enough to understand that you're not competent?

I think Williams has been at this so long he's constructed a fantasy world that he simply can't abandon. :crazy:

“Where all think alike, no one thinks very much.”
Walter Lippmann

Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink » Fri Apr 13, 2018 1:11 pm

I'd be more convinced he was mad rather than bad if he had not devised a system to defraud people of their mortgage payments involving a few people and interstate money laundering.

I think he is playing the system as much as possible, he has nothing to lose and he really loves to perform.

ScottComstock

Post by ScottComstock » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:36 am

realist

Post by realist » Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:42 am

ScottComstock wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:36 am
More PACER goodies this week from the Pretend Attorney General's case:

US moves to advance mental competency hearing (declaration) (denied by judge)

Letter from ATW's mother complaining of conditions

Motion to determine bankruptcy status of the United States

Motion to compel the government to answer whether they are bound by federal law (?!)

Third request for mandatory judicial notice (of ATW blaming his coconspirators, it looks like)

US moves to admit prior crimes (basically, the shenanigans in Florida for which he was already serving time)
Some Grade A crazy there.

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Sam the Centipede

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:05 am

ScottComstock wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 9:36 am
More PACER goodies this week from the Pretend Attorney General's case:
:snippity:
Third request for mandatory judicial notice (of ATW blaming his coconspirators, it looks like)
Thanks for these. The letter at the end of this one is amusing! It's on Williams' company's headed paper, identifying him as a Private Attorney General, and it's to Hawaii's Bureau of Commerce and Consumer Affairs complaining about some of his playmates being scam artists.

Sovcits and birthers don't get irony, so they don't see how amusing it is to law-abiding folk when one of those criminals and liars complains bitterly about another being a criminal or liar. Anthony Williams is like Walter Fitzpatrick in having no conception of (1) that being a convicted felon is a status which attracts zero respect for your views, and (2) their gigs are busted, it would be better to try to live a wholesome life and avoid more prison.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Sat Apr 21, 2018 10:35 am

Williams seems to be suggesting that there was some sort of discrimination because he was prosecuted and his caucasian "partners" in various cities were not.

Williams had, of course, reached a much more conspicuous track record of chicanery, with videotapes and websites, than any of his co-conspirators. While a couple of them have pulled stunts that got mentioned in the papers, by and large they have been markedly inert.

Significantly, when Williams was finally arrested and tried in Florida, his co-conspirators in the "Common Law Offices of the United States" promptly kicked him to the curb. They didn't show up to defend him, they didn't even type up his pleadings - he had to submit everything hand-printed in pencil, and, worse, they stopped sharing whatever money they got from their 'clientele'. No honor among thieves.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Apr 21, 2018 12:18 pm

Unless his "partners" are considerable dumber than he is, which isn't beyond possibility, they did fall for his hooey, they more than likely smelled the coffee and ran for the hills before they got picked up for UPL and fraud.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

LtDansLegs

Post by LtDansLegs » Sat Apr 21, 2018 1:11 pm

:lol: :lol:

fullsize link

Does being half right and half wrong about two separate things equal one whole right-ness?

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:11 pm

Williams is grasping at straws, very pointedly trying to use arguments that have already been used by others in other cases and Very Thoroughly rejected. I might add that Tim Turner, the former President of the Republic For the United States of America, resorted to very similar (and similarly rejected and hopeless) arguments in his own tax fraud case -- a very clear demonstration that among the alleged thousands of RuSA adherents there was not a single lawyer (at least not one who would offer to help Turner). In Williams's instance, the arguments - and the fact that all his stuff is handwritten - is an indication that none of his former accomplices/co-conspirators is trying to help him.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:38 pm

As I recall, Jimmy Tim's legion of ardent followers and acolytes all pretty well crawled back under their rocks after his arrest an d conviction. There were a few diehards, but I think Even they have gone on to other scams by this point. I haven't heard anything of the fRuSA crowd In quite a while.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:22 pm

With regard to Tim Turner of RuSA: He was convicted of tax frauds committed prior to, and independent of, his Presidency of the RuSA. But the RuSA website treated him as a "political prisoner" and encouraged members to write to him and send money to another RuSA officer who was apparently sending it to Turner's prison commissary account (not to pay for a lawyer).

However, altho Turner's prison sentence did cool some RuSA enthusiasm and probably scared away some members, the organization continues, quietly. (My opinion is that Turner made things worse for himself by refusing to abdicate the Presidency. The title probably made the judge and jury think he was - pardon the expression - the mastermind of some large criminal conspiracy.)

It finally published its "Utah Document" - a Declaration of Sovereign Intent or some similar title. The odd thing was that, for the longest time (more than two years) they kept this secret even from their own members, by talking about cyber-security and how to keep its text pristine -- even state legislatures are not so paranoid about hackers. There was even talk of a complicated process whereby selected (and very active) members would be enabled to see it, but only once and not able to download/copy/print any of it. I suspect the real reason was dread of either being arrested for something akin to sedition or of looking ridiculous, or both. They finally posted the text -- but with the signatures of the various RuSA endorsers completely concealed under paper stickers. More recently they've asked rank and file members to add their own names - still without revealing the names of the original signers!

The organization has its "national chaplain" - something the Founding Fathers never had - and he seems to be a self-ordained preacher - conservative in both religion and politics - who has regular and lengthy sermons and lectures on conference phone (and taped for the RuSA website). The rest of the RuSA leadership has various government-sounding titles and they scramble around talking as if they had some authority and some effect. The current Pres., James Buchanan Geiger (don't ask me why parents would name him for one of the worst Presidents), occasionally speaks of himself as the First Validly Elected President -- which seems to disparage Tim Turner's election.

The organization has acquired a "news analyst" program for its website, and it also posts tapes of its weekly Congressional telephone conferences -- which recently are down to about ten members of the RuSA congress and executive branch. Its chief justice has no legal training and very little grasp of legal history.

All in all, they talk to each other and otherwise accomplish nothing. They sort of resemble a flying saucer cult in that regard.

JohnPCapitalist
Occupation: Investment management in the financial industry. Deep knowledge of stocks, tech and economics.

Post by JohnPCapitalist » Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:40 pm

Fortinbras wrote:
Sat Apr 21, 2018 6:22 pm
With regard to Tim Turner of RuSA: He was convicted of tax frauds committed prior to, and independent of, his Presidency of the RuSA. But the RuSA website treated him as a "political prisoner" and encouraged members to write to him and send money to another RuSA officer who was apparently sending it to Turner's prison commissary account (not to pay for a lawyer).

However, altho Turner's prison sentence did cool some RuSA enthusiasm and probably scared away some members, the organization continues, quietly.
All in all, they talk to each other and otherwise accomplish nothing. They sort of resemble a flying saucer cult in that regard.
So basically a dozen grumpy old men sitting around. Just like the Republic of Texas, which seemed to have about the same number of grumpy old men sitting around, as evidenced by the crowd shots of their recent video meeting with pretend judge Anna filmed a couple weeks ago.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Apr 21, 2018 7:24 pm

The last time I bothered to check, they averaging about 10-15 actual "representatives" per monthly congressional meeting. They had one pretend preacher out in CA, who was trying to run a not very successful mortgage scam, and their pretend president for lie Jimmy Bu as about the only constant LARPers. At which point I lost interest.

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint » Sat Apr 21, 2018 8:28 pm

For those interested in the RuSA, this old thread on Quatloos is informative and entertaining reading:

www.quatloos.com/Q-Forum/viewtopic.php?t=8895

ScottComstock

Post by ScottComstock » Thu Apr 26, 2018 10:34 am

Quick update from PACER!

The government has filed its response to ATW's "motions for order to show cause and whether the government is bound by federal law", along with seven attachments: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 It looks at first glance that he's just rehashing previous arguments, but I only skimmed the first attachment.

A quick look at the docket shows that trial has been scheduled:
Jury Selection/Trial: December 18, 2018 at 9:00 a.m. before District Judge Leslie E. Kobayashi
Final Pretrial Conference: November 19, 2018 at 2:00 p.m. before Magistrate Judge Kenneth J. Mansfield
Motions: November 6, 2018
Response: November 19, 2018

Also, it appears that Barbara Williams has been brought before the court, arraigned, and released on an appearance bond.

I'll upload the rest of the documents to my own server and to CourtListener when I get home from work later today.

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:40 am

Thank you for posting those ScottComstock.

Reading Anthony's correspondence with various jail officials make me wonder if he'd be getting more assistance if he didn't always come across as a self entitled prick. Actually, I don't wonder.

One issue he raised I totally agree with, he was for what ever period of time forced to share a solitary confinement cell with another prisoner, that's pretty f#cked up.

Sorta chuckled when they told him he wasn't being treated with indigent status because he had near $1.2K deposited on his commissary and spent most of it on mp3s and snacks.

realist

Post by realist » Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:55 pm

In addition, on April 4, 2018, Defendant raised
several issues related to the conditions of his confinement at a
hearing before Magistrate Judge Richard L. Puglisi.
Magistrate Judge Puglisi was one of my clients when I wuz still a SECR.

No idea what kind of magistrate judge he is, but he was a good attorney, nice guy, and pretty good golfer. :thumbs:

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford » Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:28 pm

realist wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 1:55 pm
In addition, on April 4, 2018, Defendant raised
several issues related to the conditions of his confinement at a
hearing before Magistrate Judge Richard L. Puglisi.
Magistrate Judge Puglisi was one of my clients when I wuz still a SECR.

No idea what kind of magistrate judge he is, but he was a good attorney, nice guy, and pretty good golfer. :thumbs:
Pretty damn good, according to the folks I know.

I believe that each era finds a improvement in law each year brings something new for the benefit of mankind.

--Clarence Earl Gideon

ScottComstock

Post by ScottComstock » Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:24 pm

I have the rest of the documents downloaded, including these ones just filed today.

Sworn Motion for Non-Bar Counsel (what?)

Motion for Recognition as a Private Attorney General and a Sovereign (Response: *flush*)

Second Motion for Exposition of Spiritual Warfare

His mother appears to have been granted $50k unsecured bail and must remain on Oahu.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Apr 26, 2018 9:16 pm

Well, I hope they are prepared to go hunt her down as I has a feeling she is every bit as reliable and honorable as her son.

woodworker

Post by woodworker » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:08 pm

ScottComstock wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:24 pm
I have the rest of the documents downloaded, including these ones just filed today.

Motion for Recognition as a Private Attorney General and a Sovereign (Response: *flush*)

His mother appears to have been granted $50k unsecured bail and must remain on Oahu.
I say let him have his non-bar counsel, but hold that idiot to all of the Rules of Evidence, Procedure, etc. and force him to dot every i and cross every t, and make him cry while doing so.

Pence / Haley -- 2020 "I Won't Call Her Mother" and "We Will Be The Best Team Ever, But Never Alone Together"

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:21 pm

woodworker wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:08 pm
ScottComstock wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:24 pm

I say let him have his non-bar counsel, but hold that idiot to all of the Rules of Evidence, Procedure, etc. and force him to dot every i and cross every t, and make him cry while doing so.
Which will never ever happen. Anyone he would consider as "counsel" would only be as bad or worse than he is.

Fortinbras

Post by Fortinbras » Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:41 pm

With reference to Williams's pleading about Spiritual Warfare, he mentions a DNA = Divine Nine Alphanumeric code. I have no clue about the "code" - evidently some sort of numerology by which he pulls up imaginary equivalences, but "Divine Nine" is the sobriquet for a bunch of college frats and sororities which have long flourished at historically black colleges.

I start to wonder if Williams is faking, and I am willing to believe that he really is off the deep end.

BigSkip

Post by BigSkip » Fri Apr 27, 2018 12:53 am

Fortinbras wrote:
Thu Apr 26, 2018 11:41 pm
With reference to Williams's pleading about Spiritual Warfare, he mentions a DNA = Divine Nine Alphanumeric code. I have no clue about the "code" - evidently some sort of numerology by which he pulls up imaginary equivalences, but "Divine Nine" is the sobriquet for a bunch of college frats and sororities which have long flourished at historically black colleges.

I start to wonder if Williams is faking, and I am willing to believe that he really is off the deep end.
He showed his code in the first Spiritual Warfare filing. It was, ah, "interesting".

Return to “Sovereign Citizens, Private Militias, and Citizen Grand Juries”