Natural Person Definition-Body Politics and Corporate!!!

Notorial Dissent

Re: Natural Person Definition-Body Politics and Corporagte

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue May 02, 2017 6:28 pm

Definitely performance art, bad performance art, but performance art.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue May 02, 2017 7:39 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:Okay. The "Jewish Bankers" comment requires me to make a motion to put this troll under the bridge. Or wherever it is we put birfers, trufers, and SovCits. If he wants to spew antisemitism, I want to have the freedom to tag him as well.

Foogie -- clean up on aisle 24, please!
An all-expenses paid trip to FEMA Camp Fifteen Halves. Seconded.
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue May 02, 2017 7:43 pm

What? Huh?

Are you saying the Jewish Bankers are anti-semitic because they make the Freemasons control the KKK and the neo-Nazis?

:rolleye:

Do you know, I have personally known dozens and dozens of Jewish people in my life, some of the finest people I've ever known, and NOT ONE OF THEM has ever admitted to being a banker? Much less admitted they control the KKK and the neo-Nazis. I'm being treated like a mushroom!

:bag:
Edit: As we all know, the only effect of throwing someone in the FEMA camp is that people who are members of the forum - but aren't in the usergroup FEMA Staff & Visitors - can't see their posts. What's the purpose of putting someone in the FEMA camp if the person asking is going to read all their posts anyway? Everyone is playing relatively nicely, and our new friend isn't insulting members of the forum.

Unless someone here is willing to admit they're in the Vatican? :mrgreen:

listeme

Post by listeme » Tue May 02, 2017 7:44 pm

I'm a shapeshifting cannibal, but that's not as bad?

(But I believe that the Jewish bankers crap is an insult, yes, and vile enough to second Stern's suggestion.)
We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue May 02, 2017 7:49 pm

listeme wrote:I'm a shapeshifting cannibal, but that's not as bad?

(But I believe that the Jewish bankers crap is an insult, yes, and vile enough to second Stern's suggestion.)
But the FEMA camp is not a punishment. It is only to protect members of the forum from seeing flame wars. Are y'all saying put him in the FEMA camp so you can start attacking him the way he isn't attacking you? :think:

OK then. I'll put the whole thread in there, too also.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue May 02, 2017 7:55 pm

Done.

But remember, the only people who can't see the thread now are those who 1) are members of the forum, and 2) have not joined the usergroup FEMA Staff & Visitors. That's a vanishingly small subset of the human race.

Notorial Dissent

Re: Natural Person Definition-Body Politics and Corporate!!!

Post by Notorial Dissent » Tue May 02, 2017 8:10 pm

Kind of like trolls. Except they shouldn't be a protected species.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Tue May 02, 2017 8:29 pm

If they become offensive enough, there's a punishment, which is banning.

But in the FEMA camp,
  • he has the exact same freedom of speech as he had before, and
  • every single person who complained about him is still going to read every post he writes, and
  • maybe 5 people on the planet can't see his posts. And each of those 5 people are members of the forum who we like and respect.
As a punishment, it's nonexistent. It's not a punishment.

The only real effect of putting him in the FEMA camp is, now you can call him a stupid asshole without breaking the rules of the forum. And he can respond in kind, if he so chooses. Which he shows no desire to do.

:smoking:

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Tue May 02, 2017 8:58 pm

Phoogie,

I thought that FEMA Camp members are unable to post outside of the FEMA Camp too. also.

Even if that isn't true, I think that putting him (or her) in the FEMA Camp is symbolically significant even if it doesn't change who comments and what they say. Anyway, thanks for obliging --- you are the very best Soup-ream Richard Tater we've had evah EVAR!
:towel:
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue May 02, 2017 10:41 pm

:like: Foogie.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Tue May 02, 2017 10:47 pm

sovereigngetowned -- you are a bigoted asshole. Do you really believe the nonsense you are spewing?

Are you getting your conspiracy theories from some antisemitic website or are you just making them up and pulling them out of your own brain ass?

Mary Quite Contrary

Post by Mary Quite Contrary » Tue May 02, 2017 10:53 pm

(Gonna need to stand for this) :clap: :clap: :clap:
Well said Stern!
"My greatest hope is for inclusion and love for all humanity in 2017 and beyond." -Pharrell Williams

boots

Post by boots » Wed May 03, 2017 1:31 am

I think that conspiracy theories that have their roots in antisemitism are very common and widespread in the paranoiac part of truth movement, which is usually the branch which decides to sovcit its traffic tickets into felonies. I don't think this person is all "there." Obviously, there's some intelligence as they have demonstrated the ability to write sentences and spell sarcophagus, but I don't think this poster gets out enough from the pseudoreality world found on youtube to even realize that what he is saying is anti-semitic or at the very least likely to be interpreted that way. Not that any of that is an excuse. I just hope that maybe this person can start to see reality a bit better after reading here.

And I can understand why it would be offensive to Jewish people and why they would want him to join the FEMA pantheon along with CELIII, Zebu111 and other luminaries.

Foggy

Post by Foggy » Wed May 03, 2017 5:09 am

He insulted Jews, Catholics, Freemasons, the KKK, neo-Nazis, cannibals, and I forget who else. But not with any real animosity. It was like he was explaining the difference between Martians and Neptunians, which is to say he showed total ignorance and was just parroting some stuff he read somewhere. I wonder if he's ever knowingly had a conversation with a Jew or a Catholic.

Or a cannibal. :?

listeme

Post by listeme » Wed May 03, 2017 6:19 am

Foggy wrote:If they become offensive enough, there's a punishment, which is banning.

But in the FEMA camp,
  • he has the exact same freedom of speech as he had before, and
  • every single person who complained about him is still going to read every post he writes, and
  • maybe 5 people on the planet can't see his posts. And each of those 5 people are members of the forum who we like and respect.
As a punishment, it's nonexistent. It's not a punishment.

The only real effect of putting him in the FEMA camp is, now you can call him a stupid asshole without breaking the rules of the forum. And he can respond in kind, if he so chooses. Which he shows no desire to do.

:smoking:
Um.

With this logic, I don't know why he's not banned then. This is an offensive slur. I feel terrible for quoting the guy when I made fun of him about the cannibalism. I apologize for doing so, wholeheartedly.

But it's a slur, it's a slur against a religion and ethnicity, and whether he means it or not, at least now people can fight back against it if it matters to them, since it seems like management doesn't think it's bannable.

The highlighted parts:

1. I don't know about Stern, but my REQUEST TO MANAGEMENT wasn't a complaint. It was a request that the owner or mods deal with something.

2. Not specifically singling someone out for a fight doesn't mean he didn't come here with bad insulting intentions.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed May 03, 2017 1:44 pm

Foggy wrote:He insulted Jews, Catholics, Freemasons, the KKK, neo-Nazis, cannibals, and I forget who else. But not with any real animosity. It was like he was explaining the difference between Martians and Neptunians, which is to say he showed total ignorance and was just parroting some stuff he read somewhere. I wonder if he's ever knowingly had a conversation with a Jew or a Catholic.

Or a cannibal. :?
We've seen posts before which were ham-handed attempts at satire that were so ambiguous some members thought they were the beliefs of the poster. That's why I was reserving judgement. It's just barely possible that sovereigngetowned was recounting the bizarre beliefs of Sovereign Shitizens but is not one of them.

Folks doing that sort of thing really should clearly identify their post as satire to avoid confusion.

If sovereigngetowned does believe the stuff posted, he or she really is a twice-baked, died-in-the-wool asshole.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed May 03, 2017 4:28 pm

In my view repeating it is the sin.

listeme

Post by listeme » Wed May 03, 2017 4:32 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:In my view repeating it is the sin.
:crying: I am sorry for adding to it :crying:

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Wed May 03, 2017 5:43 pm

Techno Luddite wrote:I think that conspiracy theories that have their roots in antisemitism are very common and widespread in the paranoiac part of truth movement, which is usually the branch which decides to sovcit its traffic tickets into felonies. I don't think this person is all "there." Obviously, there's some intelligence as they have demonstrated the ability to write sentences and spell sarcophagus, but I don't think this poster gets out enough from the pseudoreality world found on youtube to even realize that what he is saying is anti-semitic or at the very least likely to be interpreted that way. Not that any of that is an excuse. I just hope that maybe this person can start to see reality a bit better after reading here.

And I can understand why it would be offensive to Jewish people and why they would want him to join the FEMA pantheon along with CELIII, Zebu111 and other luminaries.
They go way back, at least to the 15th c. The blood libel for example, is one. so was the belief that Jews poisoned wells during the plague years of the 12th c.

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

wavey davey

Post by wavey davey » Wed May 03, 2017 8:36 pm

listeme wrote:I was with him up until the cannibalism. (Not that I disagree with the cannibalism argument, and now I want to reread Stranger in a Strange Land again.)
I recently reread Stranger in a Strand Land. My family gave it to me as a birthday present. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it was a restoration of the uncut original manuscript. Much expanded in scope, and basically a better book than the published version. Worth tracking down if you are planning to reread it.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Wed May 03, 2017 9:04 pm

Dude. I never knew there was a fuller version. Now I hafta read it. Thanks! (Note: not sarcasm)
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

listeme

Post by listeme » Wed May 03, 2017 9:16 pm

Verbie had that version. So of course I had to marry him so I could read it.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Wed May 03, 2017 11:23 pm

wavey davey wrote:
listeme wrote:I was with him up until the cannibalism. (Not that I disagree with the cannibalism argument, and now I want to reread Stranger in a Strange Land again.)
I recently reread Stranger in a Strand Land. My family gave it to me as a birthday present. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that it was a restoration of the uncut original manuscript. Much expanded in scope, and basically a better book than the published version. Worth tracking down if you are planning to reread it.
I've read the originally published version dozens of times and the uncut version at least five or ten times. While, as a fan, I loved the extra material and the quality of the cut material wasn't much different than the rest of it, I don't think anything of significance to the story is lost in the cut version. If you aren't extremely familiar with the original it is unlikely you can even spot which sections have been added. I'll be interested to hear what RoadScholar thinks if he reads the uncut version.

Thank Jeebus that Heinlein didn't go through with trying to start a religion like L. Ron Hubbard did.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Wed May 03, 2017 11:28 pm

I have read both versions a couple of times and I can't spot the added material. It's not my favorite Heinlein novel, either.

Slartibartfast

Post by Slartibartfast » Wed May 03, 2017 11:39 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:I have read both versions a couple of times and I can't spot the added material. It's not my favorite Heinlein novel, either.

Yeah, the added stuff always struck me as more, not better or worse. I think the editor did the right thing with the version that was published, but once it became beloved, more is better.

My favorite would be The Moon is a Harsh Mistress. Somehow it seems to be the quintessential Heinlein novel to me. It's got everything: revolution, politics, artificial intelligence, group marriages (can't be Heinlein without it), and the weaponization of the gravitational potential.

Return to “FEMA Camp 7½”