GumBoocho's Gay Hatin' Bible Thread

GumBoocho

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by GumBoocho » Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:09 am

The one who posted on the sin of Sodom gave a misrepresentation by stopping the quotation before it finished.

THE SIN OF SODOM:

Genesis 13:13 Now the men of Sodom were wicked and sinners against Jehovah exceedingly.

Genesis 19: 4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, even the men of Sodom, compassed the house round, both young and old, all the people from every quarter; 5 and they called unto Lot, and said unto him, Where are the men that came in to thee this night? bring them out unto us, that we may know them [=> homosexual sex.]

Ezekiel 16:49 Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fulness of bread, and prosperous ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy. 50 And they were haughty, and committed abomination before me: therefore I took them away as I saw good.

[Read that as climactic order, ending in abomination. Now in reading the story of Sodom in Genesis, just what was that abomination done by Sodom? Could it be homosexual sex, men putting the membrum virile into the posterior orifice? Leviticus 18 helps us out:

22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination. 23 And thou shalt not lie with any beast to defile thyself therewith; neither shall any woman stand before a beast, to lie down thereto: it is confusion.

24   Defile not ye yourselves in any of these things: for in all these the nations are defiled which I cast out from before you; 25 and the land is defiled: therefore I do visit the iniquity thereof upon it, and the land vomiteth out her inhabitants. 26 Ye therefore shall keep my statutes and mine ordinances, and shall not do any of these abominations; neither the home-born, nor the stranger that sojourneth among you; 27 (for all these abominations have the men of the land done, that were before you, and the land is defiled); 28 that the land vomit not you out also, when ye defile it, as it vomited out the nation that was before you. 29 For whosoever shall do any of these abominations, even the souls that do them shall be cut off from among their people. 30 Therefore shall ye keep my charge, that ye practice not any of these abominable customs, which were practiced before you, and that ye defile not yourselves therein: I am Jehovah your God.

[Leviticus labels men-lying-with-men as an abomination. And that is what is featured in the story of Sodom's destruction in Genesis. Conclusion: Yes, Sodom had other sins, but its particular hallmark sin was that of men-lying-with-men.

But Isaiah further explains it. Not only did men lie with men, but they came boldly out of the closet. It is one thing to sin realizing & being ashamed of one's sin. But it is another to be proud of one's sin, and practice it with a high & bold hand. ]

Isaiah 3: 9 The show of their countenance doth witness against them; and they declare their sin as Sodom, they hide it not. Woe unto their soul! for they have done evil unto themselves.

Foggy

GumBoocho's Gay Hatin' Bible Thread

Post by Foggy » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:28 am

We got us a new member who don't know that we don't make laws based on what his Bible says.

We even got a Amendment to the Constitution that says there's no official religion in the US.

Hay Gumby, the Bible also says you can own slaves. Do you own any slaves, Gumby?

Slim Cognito

Re: GumBoocho's Gay Hatin' Bible Thread

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:46 am

How about shellfish? Ever eaten shrimp, GB?

Leviticus 11:12
Whatsoever hath no fins nor scales in the waters, that shall be an abomination unto you.

:panic: :panic: :panic: :panic: :panic:
ImageImageImage x4

Gnarly Goat

Post by Gnarly Goat » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:49 am

Dude, if we followed everything in Leviticus we wouldn't be allowed to do anything but sit In a dark basement.
"Don't waste time mourning. Organize." - Joe Hill

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:58 am

Acts 15
5 But some believers from the party of the Pharisees stood up and declared, “The Gentiles must be circumcised and required to obey the Law of Moses.” 6 So the apostles and elders met to look into this matter.

7 After much discussion, Peter got up and said to them, “Brothers, you know that in the early days, God made a choice among you that the Gentiles would hear from my lips the message of the gospel and believe. 8 And God, who knows the heart, showed His approval by giving the Holy Spirit to them, just as He did to us. 9 He made no distinction between us and them, for he cleansed their hearts by faith.

10 Now then, why do you test God by placing on the necks of the disciples a yoke that neither we nor our fathers have been able to bear? 11On the contrary, we believe it is through the grace of the Lord Jesus that we are saved, just as they are.”
Luke 6
Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful. 37 Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven. 38 Give, and it will be given to you. A good measure, pressed down, shaken together, and running over will be poured into your lap. For with the measure you use, it will be measured back to you.
Matthew 1
1 Do not judge, or you will be judged. 2 For with the same judgment you pronounce, you will be judged; and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:05 am

The use of "know" for sex (as in "carnal knowledge") didn't come into use until roughly the time of Queen Elizabeth.

So your extrapolation of know to indicate homosexual sex is preposterous. As is your insistence that homosexuality is an "abomination" greater than the rest of the prohibitions in Leviticus, like wearing blended fabric.

Oh, and Mr. Bible-Beater, is 30 pieces of silver still the going rate to collect to make everything OK when a man rapes your daughter? Asking for a friend.

The way you think is in fact the sickness of the world.

YOU are the problem. When Judgement comes, the weight of your hatred and the arrogance of your hubris will validate your parking in Hell.
The bitterest truth is healthier than the sweetest lie.
X3

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:14 am

RoadScholar wrote:Oh, and Mr. Bible-Beater, is 30 pieces of silver still the going rate to collect to make everything OK when a man rapes your daughter? Asking for a friend.
I believe things never change in the Bible. 30 pieces must still be the going rate. Don't forget that your daughter also has to marry her rapist.
Ano, jsou opravdové. - Stormy Daniels

Nech mě domluvit! - Orly Taitz

Slim Cognito

Post by Slim Cognito » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:20 am

Gumby specifically calls out men lying with men. I'm guessing he's not so concerned about women lying with women.
ImageImageImage x4

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:26 am

Slim Cognito wrote:Gumby specifically calls out men lying with men. I'm guessing he's not so concerned about women lying with women.
This is permitted under the Torah - the origin of the Christian Old Testament. As in almost all self-proclaimed Bible thumpers, he reads the Bible cafeteria style.

jtmunkus

Post by jtmunkus » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:41 am

Yeah.

The Bible's no good for assuaging the mortal fears of the self-loathing, closeted gay "believers", who would rather demonize others than accept their own homosexuality.

NTTAWWT.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:45 am

Say, Gumby... Do you have a daughter?
X3

Piffle

Post by Piffle » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:47 am

I wonder how GumBoocho got a copy of Pence's acceptance speech in advance. It still needs some climate change denials and some anti-stem cell rhetoric if you ask me.

ZekeB

Post by ZekeB » Mon Jul 18, 2016 8:49 am

Piffle wrote:I wonder how GumBoocho got a copy of Pence's acceptance speech in advance. It still needs some climate change denials and some anti-stem cell rhetoric if you ask me.
Climate change? That's just plain silly. I'm familiar with most of the Bible and nowhere is climate change mentioned. Well except for floods and stuff. But that was only to punish the sinners, including the animals.

Azastan

Post by Azastan » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:05 am

Not only a Bible quoter, but apparently a MRA:

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion. ... cle=154854

Also does not like Mr Trump, and prefers Mr Cruz:

http://www.peoplespunditdaily.com/polls ... -collapse/

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:45 am

Gumboot would do better, since he is all about reading the "rest" of the bible, to actually read the passage from Ezekial pertaining to Sodom, which is precise and to the point as to what Sodom's sin was as opposed to a poorly translated and vague passage in Genesis. Bible quoters are like birthers in that they ignore anything that doesn't fit their world view. I find them tedious.the passage from
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Whip

Post by Whip » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:47 am

RoadScholar wrote:The use of "know" for sex (as in "carnal knowledge") didn't come into use until roughly the time of Queen Elizabeth.

So your extrapolation of know to indicate homosexual sex is preposterous. As is your insistence that homosexuality is an "abomination" greater than the rest of the prohibitions in Leviticus, like wearing blended fabric.

Oh, and Mr. Bible-Beater, is 30 pieces of silver still the going rate to collect to make everything OK when a man rapes your daughter? Asking for a friend.

The way you think is in fact the sickness of the world.

YOU are the problem. When Judgement comes, the weight of your hatred and the arrogance of your hubris will validate your parking in Hell.
are you trying to say he's an abomination?

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:50 am

He's certainly and idiot! But :yeah:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

RoadScholar

Post by RoadScholar » Mon Jul 18, 2016 9:55 am

Yes. That's exactly what I'm saying.
X3

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 10:52 am

Azastan wrote:Not only a Bible quoter, but apparently a MRA:

http://disc.yourwebapps.com/discussion. ... cle=154854
But of course.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:16 am

Slim Cognito wrote:Gumby specifically calls out men lying with men. I'm guessing he's not so concerned about women lying with women.
Gumby, like the rest of the Bible bangers, ignores context. They ignore the context within Leviticus, the context within the entire canon of Scripture, and most importantly, the historical context. Without jumping into a long exegesis of Leviticus, suffice it to say that GumBoocho does not know what he is talking about and does not want to know anything different. He wants his simple rule book that tells him what he wants to here.

Here is one brief discussion on his favorite chapter that actually considers context.
http://www.religioustolerance.org/hom_bibh4.htm

For all their ignorance of what the Bible says, they are rather good with idolatry. Sounds like GumBoocho is not praying hard enough for his magic guy in the sky to take the gay away.
North-land: of the family 10

UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:25 am

A one-time drive by not worth the electrons. So I won't waste any more.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh » Mon Jul 18, 2016 11:27 am

Nope - the sin of Sodom was unkindness. homosexuality was not yet made taboo, as this occurred prior to the Exodus, the 10 Commandments, and the writing of Leviticus.

48: As I live, saith the Lord GOD, Sodom thy sister hath not done, she nor her daughters, as thou hast done, thou and thy daughter
49: Behold, this was the iniquity of thy sister Sodom: pride, fulness of bread, and careless ease was in her and in her daughters; neither did she strengthen the hand of the poor and needy.
50: And they were haughty, and committed abomination before Me; therefore I removed them when I saw it

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:11 pm

RoadScholar wrote:The use of "know" for sex (as in "carnal knowledge") didn't come into use until roughly the time of Queen Elizabeth.
To be fair, the King James Bible (which the OP no doubt looks back on with admiration) was written after Queen Elizabeth. And, while i don't like the translation much, it would take into account terminology of the time, even though it was deliberately written in an archaic style to make it sound more solemn, hence the thee and thou shit.

Also it cant be said to have been beyond political influence. For example, the original text states in one part "you shall not allow a poisoner to live" (Meaning someone who poisons a well, which would be basically condemning hundreds of people in the desert to die) but James had it changed to "You shall not suffer a witch to live" simply because he hated witchcraft (and he had no doubt employed some poisoners in his time).

Similarly, Leviticus had a lot added to it and taken away due to the political winds before it was pretty much locked in its current form in the 3rd century BC. Arguing it was penned by Moses is very inaccurate. And for those that argue things were so backward back then we could not possibly know that, that was around the time Erastothenes of Cyrene proved the world was Spherical and measured it very accurately, so there was some sophistication around.

In any case, the Bible does not actually say much about Homosexuality directly. The fact that people have to spin other words and passages into referring to homosexuality shows that its realli not there.

Interesting titbit. The laws against homosexuality in England were Codified by either Queen Elizabeth or Victoria (I cant remember which off hand and too lazy to look it up.) But she regarded women as engaging in the practice with one another as totally impossible due to Womens purity so she refused to sign laws against it. So Lesbianism was never declared illegal in Merry Olde England, due to positive discrimination. ;)
Learn to Swear in Latin. Profanity with class!
https://blogs.transparent.com/latin/lat ... -in-latin/

DejaMoo

Re: Gavin Seim

Post by DejaMoo » Mon Jul 18, 2016 12:16 pm

[quote="GumBoocho"]
22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Men don't lie with men the way they lie with women -- "No, Bill, you don't look fat in those pants."
I've heard this bull before.

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat » Mon Jul 18, 2016 2:48 pm

Sterngard Friegen wrote:A one-time drive by not worth the electrons. So I won't waste any more.
Yep. :yeah:

So I'm going to go ahead and guess that one of our fine members posted on a board this guy posts on and he couldn't handle letting whoever it was get away without him telling him how wrong he was? ("What are you doing honey? Come to bed" "I can't - SOMEONE is WRONG on the INTERNET!!!") :lol:
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

Return to “FEMA Camp 7½”