RL Baty's thread for dissing Kent Hovind

chancery

Re: RL Baty's thread for dissing Kent Hovind

Post by chancery »

Good idea.

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

Post by Flatpointhigh »

I kill filed the monomaniac

My Name is...
Daffy Duck.. woo hoo!
Cancer broke me

Whip

Post by Whip »

this has potential

RLBaty

Post by RLBaty »

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

The flounce didn't stick. Good predickshun, Foogie.

Hovind says he never heard of Baty. I guess Baty is flirting with Hovind, desperate for attention.

Affirm: Friegen
Deny: RLBaty

:yankyank:

Slarti the White

Post by Slarti the White »

Mr. Baty,

You don't seem to understand the definition of the word "lie" (though you are hardly alone in that these days). A lie is when someone says something that they know to be false. In other words, a lie requires an intent to mislead, not just an error of fact. I don't think Mr. Hovind cares enough about you to lie about anything and I certainly don't see anything I would consider a "lie" in what you quoted.

:sterngard: ,

Well, it is difficult to stick the landing on the flounce, but he's certainly no Kerri Strug. I do find it interesting (in a train wreck sort of way) to watch Mr. Baty's Quixotic pursuit of Mr. Hovind, but I wish, for his own sake, that he would find the courage to give it up and pursue something worthwhile with his time.
"Strategy without tactics is the slowest route to victory. Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat."
---Sun Tzu (quoting Thomas Jefferson)
nam-myoho-renge-kyo---Thomas Jefferson (quoting Slartibartfast)

Estiveo

Post by Estiveo »

Image Image Image Image Image

BillTheCat

Post by BillTheCat »

slowpoke.jpg

This was obvious to me the minute this guy joined and posted all of those self-made "memes". Really, it took this long? :) No offense, but my LoonyToon detection meter needle was waaaaaay off the charts the entire time he's been here.
'But I don't want to go among mad people,' said Alice. 'Oh, you can't help that,' said the cat. 'We're all mad here.'
-Lewis Carroll

DejaMoo

Post by DejaMoo »

A little searching online shows he's been at this a long time. He's even got his own Yahoo group dedicated to his pursuit of Hovind. He's a former IRS agent who pursued a case regarding a religious-based exemption, IIRC, and was quite unhappy when the IRS caved. That was years ago, and he spent time on talk.origins debating (and pursuing) at least one other creationist.

I am wondering if age may be a factor here, causing his interest in the general subject to morph into a fixation on one particular target.

He apparently was put into Facebook jail for some stuff he posted about Hovind, stories allegedly from former neighbors from long ago. Problem was, he didn't use the word "alleged" when repeating the stories.

I spent a number of years on a newsgroup created to critique Dr. Laura Schlessinger and her radio show. As she became increasingly outrageous, I was more motivated to do deep research on her, my findings which were then posted on the newsgroup. Part of that included creating an anonymous email account for people who had news/gossip/tips about her to share with me. I got an awful lot of hair-curling accounts sent to me, but I wouldn't even share them privately with the core members of the newsgroup (which, like here, included a number of lawyers) unless there was at least one other independent corroboration of the story. It meant that most of the dirt I got on her was never shared with anyone else.

I guess my standards are higher than Baty's.
I've heard this bull before.

boots

Post by boots »

He sounds like a nut.

What is Facebook "jail"? I've heard this term used before.

Dallasite
Location: About 40,000 light years from the center of the Milky Way Galaxy.
Chemtrails Program
Human Factors and Behavioral Sciences Division

Post by Dallasite »

I've had Baty on ignore for quite a while.
"I drank what?!?!" - Soctates, 399 BC

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

I admit that Robert's obsession is exactly that and more than a little off putting. That being said, on the (rare) occasions where he isn't posting about Kent he is an intelligent person with insights to contribute. I completely understand the FEMA Camp designation, sadly Robert, you have earned it. Kent Hovind is of legitimate interest as a topic of comment on this board, RL Baty v. Hovind really isn't of interest to anyone but you (and a few rabid Hovind supporters).

If I could add two things, I would wish Robert not be further discouraged from participating in this particular thread. Kent is very seldom all that amusing but when he is he can be a barrel of laughs. I wouldn't care to check in on his daily youtubes to see what he's up to waiting for him to get interesting, but we have access to someone who's going to do that anyway. There may be a hell of a lot of false alarms but Robert functions as a Kent Hovind early warning system, the next time Kent needs to redefine reality to blame something or someone else for his own problems, we'll have a front row seat.

And Robert, if you do continue to update this thread could I beg your indulgence? If you are posting a photo with a URL in it could you also post the URL is a clickable form? It would take less of your time to copy and paste it than for everyone else to type them out by hand. Thank you.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen »

Baty can't control himself. He deserves to remain in FEMA Camp 7 1/2.

Da Funky Maoist

Post by Da Funky Maoist »

Techno Luddite wrote:He sounds like a nut.

What is Facebook "jail"? I've heard this term used before.
"Facebook Jail" can mean many things, but it usually means a suspension of posting privileges for a set period of time.
"You liked Rashomon."
"That's not how I remember it."

RLBaty

Post by RLBaty »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:
Hovind says he never heard of Baty.

:yankyank:
Go for it, Sterngard.

Present your first affirmative in support of that proposition for my acceptance or rebuttal.

After that, if you can support your claim we can proceed to find out why you would believe it.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

bob

Post by bob »

:mememe:

Affirm: :yankyank:
Deny: :bored:
Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Da Funky Maoist

Post by Da Funky Maoist »

RLBaty wrote:
Present your first affirmative in support of that proposition for my acceptance or rebuttal.

After that, if you can support your claim we can proceed to find out why you would believe it.

Wait. What?
"You liked Rashomon."
"That's not how I remember it."

GlimDropper

Post by GlimDropper »

RLBaty wrote:
Go for it, Sterngard.

Robert, please understand that I rather like you, I'm a farty old crank myself. You can prove that Kent Hovind has heard of you, so what?

When you think of it it's probably a good thing that Kent has never accepted your invitations to debate him, nothing good could come of it. He would never agree to a text only debate, with you or with anyone else because a rational comparison of the logical strength of his arguments is simply not what he does. He's a BS artist and a practiced one at that but his "talents" only work in a spoken word format where his natural motor mouth can speed past any rational refute.

Toe to toe, he'd have made mince meat out of you.

Not to anyone looking at actually debating points because, and this is a very important key, Kent has zero interest with winning an actual debate he is only interested with out talking his opponent which, to the sort of people apt to give him money, means he did win the debate. He'd have flooded the microphone with tails of being charged with "taking his own money out of the bank" and would have five totally bogus refutations for every point you raised never caring a whit if what he was saying was true or not but each one spoken with his trademark smug, stupid sincerity. That is what he's built his professional reputation and now going on two "ministries" upon.

At best a video of your debate would have been a fund raiser for Kent. He could have claimed to have proved his innocence by debating a former IRS agent and the kind of people who Kent targets will believe it and give him even more money. Simply because they are not moved by logical debates, they are moved by emotional appeals and narrow sectarian religious views, views that Kent supports and caters to.

Mikedunford

Post by Mikedunford »

DejaMoo wrote:and he spent time on talk.origins debating (and pursuing) at least one other creationist.
Interesting. I was a t.o regular for quite a long time (before shifting to the Panda's Thumb blog, then to Scienceblogs). I've got no recollection of the guy. I wonder if any of the other old-timers know who this guy is.
"I don't give a fuck whether we're peers or not."
--Lord Thomas Henry Bingham to Boris Johnson, on being asked whether he would miss being in "the best club in London" if the Law Lords moved from Parliament to a Supreme Court.

SueDB

Post by SueDB »

Mikedunford wrote:
DejaMoo wrote:and he spent time on talk.origins debating (and pursuing) at least one other creationist.
Interesting. I was a t.o regular for quite a long time (before shifting to the Panda's Thumb blog, then to Scienceblogs). I've got no recollection of the guy. I wonder if any of the other old-timers know who this guy is.
I've frequented the same haunts on USENET. Neva earda 'im.
“If You're Not In The Obit, Eat Breakfast”

Remember, Orly NEVAH disappoints!

RLBaty

Post by RLBaty »

Mikedunford wrote:
I've got no recollection of the guy.
I wonder if any of the other old-timers know who this guy is.
Steve Greene and I first crossed paths on the TalkOrigins venue.

Steve Greene on FaceBook

He's a preacher's kid and took a likin' to me and we had a pretty good run.

We traveled the Internet meeting up on various venues and, for my part, promoting my Maury hobby.

If you ever get to wondering why preachers don't go around these days claiming that Maury discovered that the oceans had currents or that there is some wonderful statue somewhere depicting Maury with a "bible in one outstretched hand", you might find out it traces back to my Maury Ministry.

The myth is still out there though, and some may still think they have seen that statue somewhere.

One misguided poster here suggested my YAHOO! group was built on Hovind. It was built on the Maury Myth and has covered various hobbies of mine over the years.

RLBaty

Post by RLBaty »

GlimDropper wrote:
RLBaty wrote:
Go for it, Sterngard.

Robert, please understand that I rather like you, I'm a farty old crank myself.
You can prove that Kent Hovind has heard of you, so what?
Bwahahahahahahaha!

What, you trying to cover for Sterngard.
Is he in hiding and sent you out to cover for him.

Bwahahahahahahahaha!

Y'all act like Hovind and the Hovindicators!

I'll wait for Sterngard to put up or repent, or choose some other course and let us know what he is going to do about his claim.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

RLBaty

Post by RLBaty »

Sterngard Friegen wrote:

Awaiting the first affirmative narrative from Sterngard Friegen for my acceptance or rebuttal.

Waiting.............
Waiting.............

Alternative Suggestion (not an exhaustive recommendation):

Sterngard can admit that he has no basis for his claim to present and explain why he presented it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

boots

Post by boots »

RLBaty wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:

Awaiting the first affirmative narrative from Sterngard Friegen for my acceptance or rebuttal.

Waiting.............
Waiting.............

Sterngard can admit that he has no basis for his claim to present and explain why he presented it.

What rampant douchebaggery

Sugar Magnolia

Post by Sugar Magnolia »

RLBaty wrote:
Sterngard Friegen wrote:

Waiting.............
Waiting.............

Here's another alternative suggestion: Get help.

Return to “FEMA Camp 7½”