Clint Eastwood - closet birther???

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post #1 by Kriselda Gray » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:46 am

In an article at [/break1]ew.com/2012/09/07/clint-eastwood-rnc-remarks-chair/]Entertainment Weekly, Eastwood was quoted as saying

“President Obama is the greatest hoax ever perpetrated on the American people.” Eastwood said. “Romney and Ryan would do a much better job running the country, and that’s what everybody needs to know. I may have irritated a lot of the lefties, but I was aiming for people in the middle.”

There was no further elaboration on the hoax comment, but you usually only hear birthers call Obama a hoax.... think Clint might be sticking his head out the closet a bit there?

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

kate520

Post #2 by kate520 » Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:50 am

It is abundantly clear that these people live in an alternate reality. In what way, shape or form is Obama a hoax? He has out-governed the last three presidents! A hoax could not have killed binLaden. A hoax would not have a backbone of steel and a mind like a steel trap.Oh, hey, I've just figured out why they call him Superman! And I still think Clint is a closet Obot.

Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.

Mohammed Ali

Roboe

Post #3 by Roboe » Sat Sep 08, 2012 5:47 am

No, he's just jumping on the bandwagon that has set out to "reveal" to the US that Obama's slogan of hope and change was a great, big hoax, and how he doesn't deserve their vote this time around.

Kriselda Gray
Location: FEMA Camp 2112 - a joint project of the U.S. and Canada

Post #4 by Kriselda Gray » Sat Sep 08, 2012 10:42 am

No, he's just jumping on the bandwagon that has set out to "reveal" to the US that Obama's slogan of hope and change was a great, big hoax, and how he doesn't deserve their vote this time around.

Awwwww, I liked the closet birther idea better :( :( :mrgreen:

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand... - "Witch Hunt" by Rush

SCMP = SovCits/Militias/Patriots.

Thor promised to slay the Ice Giants
God promised to quell all evil
-----
I'm not seeing any Ice Giants...

neonzx

Post #5 by neonzx » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:46 am

Meh.http://cdn02.cdn.socialitelife.com/wp-contentsrc="http://thefogbow.com/forum/uploads/2012/09/03/clint-eastwood-meme-09032012-01.jpeghttp://www.iranian.com/main/files/blogimages/hillary-clint-chair.jpg

realist

Post #6 by realist » Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:58 am

neon... =))

ImageX 4 (have met 36 Obots at meetups) Image X 4

ObjectiveDoubter

Post #7 by ObjectiveDoubter » Sat Sep 08, 2012 12:00 pm

Tomatoes prepared?

Please leave my Clint alone! Y'all are breaking my heart! http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/b/broken_heart-2671.gif

ZekeB

Post #8 by ZekeB » Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:49 pm

Tomatoes prepared?

Please leave my Clint alone! Y'all are breaking my heart! http://smileys.emoticonsonly.com/emoticons/b/broken_heart-2671.gif

I feel your pain. I mean, we guys have had our hearts broken a time or two when some Ditzy Blondetm went over to the other side and publicly claimed to be a Republican.

Penguin 0302

Post #9 by Penguin 0302 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 6:18 pm

This pains me.I love many of Clint Eastwood's and Charleton Heston's movies regardless of their political affiliations. There's less than a handful of celebrities whose stance on issues willfully affect my support of them. CE and CH aren't one of them.My mother has beginning stage Alzheimers. Fortunately, she's been very stable for the past 2-3 years and it affects only her short term memory. However, I am what we call here a "natural caregiver": she lives in her own apartment nearby, but I manage her doctor's appointments, daily medication, meals, laundry, chase down her cat when she lets him out and other daily things that must get done that she is unable to do. So, I have a clue how this crap goes down short term, medium and long.When her doctor told me 3-4 years ago that she thought my mother was showing the preliminary signs of dementia/Alzheimers, I went into denial for a while. And this is the point of my post: keeping in mind that I am not posing a diagnosis, I just want to say that I find unfortunate that the Republican party seems to be setting a trend of handing over a microphone to aging men with perhaps a sudden and eager willingness to voice unilateral and relative extreme political opinions (when at other times were more moderate) which is mostly supported by the goodwill of decades-long established Hollywood careers. It's a possible/probable and unfortunate exploitation of elderly celebrities suffering from possible cognitive issues when the GOP hoists them as "star" spokespeople at a time when maybe the family is in the same denial I was 3-4 years ago. Then leave it to the family to come to terms with the damage once there is no more doubt, it's certainly not the GOP's problem, right? I have no idea what went down, but I'm pretty sure that the GOP convention committee didn't spend 10 minutes strung together talking with Clint before he walked on stage. Hey! Same thing happened with Sarah! Old habits and all that, I guess.

aarrgghh

Post #10 by aarrgghh » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:11 pm

... the Republican party seems to be setting a trend of [unable to stop] handing over a microphone to aging men with perhaps a sudden and eager willingness to voice unilateral and relative extreme political opinions ...

well ... who else do they have?

A Legal Lohengrin

Post #11 by A Legal Lohengrin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:29 pm

I have no idea what went down, but I'm pretty sure that the GOP convention committee didn't spend 10 minutes strung together talking with Clint before he walked on stage. Hey! Same thing happened with Sarah! Old habits and all that, I guess.

I don't think Clint has Alzheimer's, though almost anyone at his age is going to have some cognitive decline. I think it was just a guy who is not used to politics on the national stage assuming he could just wing it, and a dumb Republican party that somehow had no idea what he was going to do letting him get up there. Whether or not I agree with his politics, he's been kind of national treasure and definitely has serious directorial chops.I think I can manage to forgive this sorry performance. I don't think he's demented.

Penguin 0302

Post #12 by Penguin 0302 » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:51 pm

I don't think Clint has Alzheimer's, though almost anyone at his age is going to have some cognitive decline. I think it was just a guy who is not used to politics on the national stage assuming he could just wing it, and a dumb Republican party that somehow had no idea what he was going to do letting him get up there.

a) as I said I'm not posing a diagnosis, just telling you about a familiar smell.b) Clint's been on the A list long enough to know whats up and what's not; when to speak and when to shut up.c) see my post above.Double "not" edit. Grr

A Legal Lohengrin

Post #13 by A Legal Lohengrin » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:03 pm

I don't think Clint has Alzheimer's, though almost anyone at his age is going to have some cognitive decline. I think it was just a guy who is not used to politics on the national stage assuming he could just wing it, and a dumb Republican party that somehow had no idea what he was going to do letting him get up there.

a) as I said I'm not posing a diagnosis, just telling you about a familiar smell.b) Clint's been on the A list long enough to know whats up and what's not; when to speak and when to shut up.c) see my post above.

Yes, I just have to disagree with the smell part of it. While I have (thankfully) not yet had anyone intimately close to me suffer Alzheimer's, I have watched the wife of a dear friend, my landlord at the time, go in a period of months from a vivacious, witty woman to someone who couldn't remember what you just said to her, to someone who couldn't even speak. I still see Clint's conduct as more someone who assumes, from his A list status, that he can just wing it, and who really whiffed it. His professional output has remained good, though.I may be biased on this general issue. I am generally opposed to mandatory retirement of judges on a bright-line age basis, since I think some of the best judges working are actually elderly. That may incline me against the kind of statements made about Clint's performance, which I agree was pretty stupid.

ZekeB

Post #14 by ZekeB » Sun Sep 16, 2012 9:21 pm

Yes, I just have to disagree with the smell part of it. While I have (thankfully) not yet had anyone intimately close to me suffer Alzheimer's, I have watched the wife of a dear friend, my landlord at the time, go in a period of months from a vivacious, witty woman to someone who couldn't remember what you just said to her, to someone who couldn't even speak.

It affects people in different ways. I knew a very intelligent and successful product liability lawyer who died six years after diagnosis. He was four years older than me. This makes a person start to think.I concur that Clint is just a few years past his prime. I always prefer to see a winning quarterback retire before he loses his edge.

aarrgghh

Post #15 by aarrgghh » Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:14 am

note that while the too-giddy rnc foolishly allowed clint to "wing it" solo on their one big night, none of clint's output has ever been the product of him "winging it" alone. what the rnc was victim to was the total opposite of the months and years of planning and coordination that go into big budget movie-making.

A Legal Lohengrin

Post #16 by A Legal Lohengrin » Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:36 pm

I don't think Clint Eastwood is going senile, quite yet.

[/break1]com/5944272/clint-eastwood-on-rnc-speech-anyone-dumb-enough-to-ask-me-to-speak-at-a-political-convention-gets-what-they-get]Clint Eastwood on RNC Speech: Anyone ‘Dumb Enough’ to Ask Me to Speak at a Political Convention Gets What They Get

Clint Eastwood was his usual candid self when speaking with Extra TV about his now-infamous "empty chair" speech at the Republican National Convention.

"If somebody's dumb enough to ask me to go to a political convention and say something, they're gonna have to take what they get," the veteran actor told an Extra correspondent during a one-on-one interview about his upcoming film Trouble with the Curve (skip to 2:15 in the video below).

Asked if Mitt Romney was that "somebody," Eastwood initially said "yeah," before adding, "actually, he had some of his people ask."

In another interview on today's episode of Ellen, Eastwood poked some more fun at his rambling diatribe, saying "the Democrats who were watching thought I was going senile, and the Republicans knew I was."

Eastwood has shown a great deal more flexibility at handling a PR problem than Romney. This is why Eastwood still has a future career, while it is doubtful that Romney does.

aarrgghh

Post #17 by aarrgghh » Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:13 am

also too, remember how [/break1]latimes.com/news/politics/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-eastwood-rove-20120207,0,4416240.story]wingnuts freaked out over eastwood's superbowl ad "halftime in america" for chrysler. they accused eastwood of going obot and were afraid of losing another macho icon to the dems.

no wonder they were so giddy to have him at their debutante bash. the high plains drifter was back in town to blow away the scalawags ...

... and he did. heh.

Somerset
Occupation: I take apart things that don't work and figure out why.

Post #18 by Somerset » Wed Sep 19, 2012 4:28 am

I don't think Clint Eastwood is going senile, quite yet.

[/break1]com/5944272/clint-eastwood-on-rnc-speech-anyone-dumb-enough-to-ask-me-to-speak-at-a-political-convention-gets-what-they-get]Clint Eastwood on RNC Speech: Anyone ‘Dumb Enough’ to Ask Me to Speak at a Political Convention Gets What They Get

Clint Eastwood was his usual candid self when speaking with Extra TV about his now-infamous "empty chair" speech at the Republican National Convention.

"If somebody's dumb enough to ask me to go to a political convention and say something, they're gonna have to take what they get," the veteran actor told an Extra correspondent during a one-on-one interview about his upcoming film Trouble with the Curve (skip to 2:15 in the video below).

Asked if Mitt Romney was that "somebody," Eastwood initially said "yeah," before adding, "actually, he had some of his people ask."

In another interview on today's episode of Ellen, Eastwood poked some more fun at his rambling diatribe, saying "the Democrats who were watching thought I was going senile, and the Republicans knew I was."

Eastwood has shown a great deal more flexibility at handling a PR problem than Romney. This is why Eastwood still has a future career, while it is doubtful that Romney does.

Asking Clint Eastwood to give a speech was about as smart as letting Steven Colbert do a routine at Bush's White House Correspondent's Dinner in 2006.

No Pilikia

Post #19 by No Pilikia » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:15 am

I used to enjoy Clint Eastwood movies all my life. I am also a nurse who deals with gerontology, and it is really sad to see Clint's decline. I won't ever again waste one second of my precious time, considering anything that he says. Life goes on, & Clint is the past.

"The opportunity that Hawaii offered -- to experience a variety of cultures in a climate of mutual respect -- became an integral part of my world view and a basis for the values I hold most dear." Barack Obama, 1999

Izabella

Post #20 by Izabella » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:39 pm

I don't think Clint Eastwood is a birther

Suranis

Post #21 by Suranis » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:50 pm

i "the Democrats who were watching thought I was going senile, and the Republicans knew I was."

Thanks Isabella for resurrecting this because otherwise I would not have seen this line which made me crease myself with laughter The guy knows how to turn a phrase :mrgreen:

Some are born cretins, some achieve cretiniss, and some have cretiniss forced upon them.

Izabella

Post #22 by Izabella » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:50 am

You're welcome - Anything to be of service -

I still don't think Clint Eastwood s a birther -

Izabella

Post #23 by Izabella » Wed Jan 23, 2013 11:51 am

He definitelt is not a birther -

Return to “Birther Cast & Crew”