formatting posts

realist

formatting posts

Post by realist » Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:56 am

Gillar is a birther/teabagger dishonest (I suppose that's redundant) radio host.

ImageX 4 ImageX36

Lola_Getz

formatting posts

Post by Lola_Getz » Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:33 am

Mark Gillar is the host of a Birther show on Blog Talk. He narrated the videos released by the Cold Case Posse. Foggy gave a recorded interview on Gillar's show last year (before all the CCP crap started), which Gillar posted for a day and then decided to remove it for some unstated reason.I remember now! Thanks, RC.

MaineSkeptic

formatting posts

Post by MaineSkeptic » Tue Jun 19, 2012 11:36 am

And why you have no serious controverse discussion here...Now you are simply lying. I have asked you on more than one occasion to join in a substantive discussion. Most recently I asked you to tell us what it was in Gillar's video that you found persuasive.You chose to play pseudomathematical games instead of actually offering facts, logic, and law in support of your beliefs.It's an old con game -- to refuse to participate in a discussion and then sulk off claiming that people don't want to exchange ideas with you.As I said yesterday, I think you're bluffing. If you have any specific topics related to President Obama's eligibility that you'd like to discuss, you've come to the right place. But so far you've shown only your own confused state of mind, like when you said you believe the President should permit an inspection but were totally incapable of describing the inspection that you think he should permit -- much less explaining why you think there is competent evidence that would justify such an unprecedented move.You're not fooling anyone with your posturing, as you can see. If you've got something to discuss, discuss it, and quit pouting like a child.

RTH10260

formatting posts

Post by RTH10260 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:50 pm

I'd compare it with fashionUsing Usenet style is like running around in 18th century attire,Why not use your time here under The Bridge and aquaint yourself with the many features of the editor. No need to actually submiz anything, just chech out the features with Preview.

gsgs

formatting posts

Post by gsgs » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:42 am

[/break1]sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php]http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php> Make sure your lines are no longer than 72 to 76 characters in length. (just found by googling "netiquette" for a discussion on another blog)

listeme

formatting posts

Post by listeme » Sat Dec 21, 2013 8:56 am

It's correct to wear a ball gown to a ball. It is correct to wear scuba gear for scuba diving.Context, man. Context.This forum does wrap lines.(Some of that list was written in 2003. Some things have changed.)

We're used to being told it's our fault that men don't listen to us.

Foggy

formatting posts

Post by Foggy » Sat Dec 21, 2013 2:47 pm

Yes, when you see something like that -- which is so old that it's really poorly formatted itself -- you have to look at the REASON they give an instruction like that.They say they're trying to avoid "lines which spread off the screen". The name of the page is "USENET and Mailing List posting netiquette".This isn't USENET and it isn't a mailing list. All the lines on this forum wrap very well. You don't have to worry about lines which spread off the screen and horizontal scrolling here.If you notice, that page you linked to has many, many lines which are more than 76 characters long. Here's just one quote:When starting a new thread don't just reply to a message sent by someone else and clear the subject line. Not all e-mail and news clients behave like yours and will thread messages correctly based on the "Message-ID:", "In-Reply-To:" and "References:" headers embedded in the messages. Only programs which don't comply with Internet standards sort messages by subject and call that "threading". When you simply change the subject of a message, all of the threading information remains intact and your new "thread" simply continues at the end of the old one. This is called thread hijacking.That's all one line, and it has 590 characters in the line.Please don't feel compelled to teach us formatting that is 10 years old and which applied, in the distant past, to web content that has nothing to do with this forum.
Edit: Did you see the topic on that page about "Choose a meaningful subject for your questions"? That one is still valid. You should put more work into that instead of worrying about how long the lines of our posts are.

... and how does that make you feel?
What is it you are trying to say?
:think:

gsgs

formatting posts

Post by gsgs » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:33 pm

1.) in references, you can't give the line-number2.) tables like this one are formatted incorrectly3.) lines longer than 1000 characters _crash_ my editor badly4.) many of my programs detect end-of-line characters and use it for automatic processing5.) "search" programs display all lines with the found string6.) nested quotes are hard to distinguish7.) when replying and arguing point-by-point you have to cut the lines anyway and the post becomes long with the forum-quote vs. the more flexible ">"s,">>s", where you can manage the inserted blank lines manually.8.) you can start a new line for a new context, to make understanding easier.9.) when jumping to the next line ---edit---(with the eye) it's easier to find the correct one10.) in many forums, when someone posts a wide image in the same thread all the unformatted text gets the same size so you can't read without scrolling each line. ("side scroll problem")---edit---11.) it's essential for math formulas and computer-code to keep the original linesI don't understand your point about the subject. What would be betterthan "formatting posts" ?It's not me who started this discussion, some members felt offendedby my unusually short lines and attacked it.The main problem that I have here is when editing/correcting long posts, as long as this one, each new typed character flashes (scrolls ?) the screenand the last typed line is not displayed, but it's still there.Am I the only one with that problem ?---------edit------- no such problem now in this very posts - so I don't knowexactly what triggers it--------------

Sam the Centipede

formatting posts

Post by Sam the Centipede » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:43 pm

... snipped gsgs's list of "why I can't do what everyone else on the Fogbow does without difficulty" ...

Am I the only one with that problem ?Yes. You are clearly special.

Plutodog

formatting posts

Post by Plutodog » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:57 pm

gsgs -- Still tough to understand your issues, insistence on what your post formatting needs to be. Maybe some pictures of your computer, screen shots or better, monitor photos, software listing? Does everybody in Germany have to deal with what certainly appears to be handicaps from our perspective here and specifically on the Fogbow phpBB software?Also, are you having any issue with understanding all the rest of all the posting done by everybody else here? If so, same suggestion about providing screen shots or monitor photos. :confuzzled:

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Estiveo

formatting posts

Post by Estiveo » Sat Dec 21, 2013 10:23 pm

Image Image Image Image Image

Foggy

formatting posts

Post by Foggy » Sun Dec 22, 2013 5:32 am

... and how does that make you feel?
What is it you are trying to say?
:think:

Sugar Magnolia

formatting posts

Post by Sugar Magnolia » Sun Dec 22, 2013 6:13 am

1.) in references, you can't give the line-number So what?2.) tables like this one are formatted incorrectly Huh?3.) lines longer than 1000 characters _crash_ my editor badly Maybe you should use a better editor.4.) many of my programs detect end-of-line characters and use it for automatic processing Maybe you should use different programs.5.) "search" programs display all lines with the found string That's what "search" means.6.) nested quotes are hard to distinguish Much harder with your weird formatting.7.) when replying and arguing point-by-point you have to cut the lines anyway and the post becomes long with the forum-quote vs. the more flexible ">"s,">>s", where you can manage the inserted blank lines manually. The >>>>>s make no sense to anyone who was never on usenet and just look like extraneous crap.8.) you can start a new line for a new context, to make understanding easier. Anyone can make a new line.See?9.) when jumping to the next line it's easier to find the correct one Huh?10.) in many forums, when someone posts a wide image in the same thread all the unformatted text gets the same size so you can't read without scrolling each line. ("side scroll problem") Not on this board. If you can't even manage to use an extremely easy "post reply" function on this board, why should anyone think your computer expertise in any other area (such as debunking computer-generated birther stuff) is at anythng above a Luddite level?

DejaMoo

formatting posts

Post by DejaMoo » Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:31 pm

(mucho irrelevant stuffed snipped)None of that matters, becauseA. This ain't Usenet.B. You don't run the forum.If this is truly an issue for you, the obvious solution is for you to create your own Usenet newsgroup or Google group - say, alt.talk.birther.birther.birther. Issue a newgroup control message, write a FAQ, post the first message, and wait there for people to show up and debate with you.

ObjectiveDoubter

formatting posts

Post by ObjectiveDoubter » Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:04 am

(mucho irrelevant stuffed snipped)None of that matters, because

A. This ain't Usenet.

B. You don't run the forum.

C. And you are a troll, trolling.

If this is truly an issue for you, the obvious solution is for you to create your own Usenet newsgroup or Google group - say, alt.talk.birther.birther.birther. Issue a newgroup control message, write a FAQ, post the first message, and wait there for people to show up and debate with you.FIFY (and why do any of us bother to answer? It just keeps him going.)

Flatpointhigh
Occupation: Voice Actor, Podcaster, I hold a Ph.D in Procrastination.

formatting posts

Post by Flatpointhigh » Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:45 am

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php> Make sure your lines are no longer than 72 to 76 characters in length. (just found by googling "netiquette" for a discussion on another blog)I'm on ubuntu linux, and I have no problems using the "POST REPLY" function on the forum, besides, teh article is sadly out of date, in that this is not USENET, nor is this a mailing list/listserv

"It is wrong to say God made rich and poor; He only made male and female, and He gave them the Earth as their inheritance."- Thomas Paine, Forward to Agrarian Justice
Cancer broke me

Sam the Centipede

formatting posts

Post by Sam the Centipede » Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:14 pm

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php> Make sure your lines are no longer than 72 to 76 characters in length. (just found by googling "netiquette" for a discussion on another blog)I'm on ubuntu linux, and I have no problems using the "POST REPLY" function on the forum, besides, teh article is sadly out of date, in that this is not USENET, nor is this a mailing list/listservBut does gsgs know that things called "web browsers" exist? Is s/he using Gopher and Archie? Or perhaps this site isn't compatible with Netscape Navigator v1.01?

Return to “FEMA Camp 7½”