Kerin Kelly Quits

Northland10

Re: Kerin Kelly Quits

Post by Northland10 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 5:35 pm

Plutodog wrote: He's not gonna be happy here...all the insistence on demonstrable facts, cites, etc. It's discriminatory, I tells ya!
Funny how the first one, home ownership, has been dropping for everybody since the high in 2005. Why would minority ownership be any different.

http://www.census.gov/housing/hvs/files ... spress.pdf

Median income has fallen for all as well but it is on it's way back up just not yet to level of before the crash.

http://www.deptofnumbers.com/income/us/

Our new camper may well be able to give numbers behind some of his claims, but he would likely leave out important things such as whether it applies only for minorities.

There is also that great recession thing to which we have be slowly recovering from, despite the efforts of the current Congress.

North-land: of the family 10
UCC 1-106 Plural is Singular, Singular is Plural.

Notorial Dissent

Post by Notorial Dissent » Sat Aug 27, 2016 6:39 pm

Minitman wrote:This thread came to me through a recent search of the man. Birtherism is one issue, victimhood is another. Believe what you want politically but have the nads to stand up for your beliefs with passion and pride. You can't claim racism and PTSD at the same time when YOU resign your position with your own words from your own mouth.
A good man would be proud to leave on his own terms.

Now ask the question: "Is this the only time this person has claimed to be the victim at Human Resources at any of his other places of employment"?

No it is not.
I'm sorry, I ran this through the Idiot to English and the Birfer Nonsense to English translators, and it still come up gibberish either way.

The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

bob

Post by bob » Sat Aug 27, 2016 7:44 pm

Allow me to help: Our new camper thinks Kelly can't sue because Kelly quit.

Our new camper, howver, has no idea how employment-discrimination law actually works. Our camper doesn't understand how a superior's racial intolerance (by saying, for example, that African Americans aren't "full" citizens) can create a hostile work environment. And that being forced to resign under those conditions is legally equivalent to being fired.

Imagex6 Imagex2 Imagex4 Imagex2

Minitman

Post by Minitman » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:10 am

You BLM'ers and 99%'ers always want facts and citations provided but you never speak or produce facts yourselves.
US Census Bureau stats:

Black Median Household income- 2009-$35,954
2015-$35,398

Black Homeownership Rate - 2009- 46.1%
2015- 41.9%

U.S. Dept. of Agriculture Black Food Stamp participation:
2009- 7.4 million
2015- 11.6 million

The Urban Leaugue National Equality Index found that black Americans income equality compared to whites in 2009 was at 57.4% but under Obama slid to 55.8%.

As Trump correctly asks: "What the Hell do you have to lose".

To your credit, the black unemployment rate did go down under BO but it is proven fact that the drop was because so many gave up the search for jobs or exhausted their benefits. I suppose that you could ask Tavis Smiley about that.

Sterngard Friegen

Post by Sterngard Friegen » Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:44 am

What do you have to lose?

Flint, Michigan.

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Sun Aug 28, 2016 5:16 am

Minit -- I see you provided no link to your cherry-picked figures of two numbers in over six years during the Obama Administration. I see you don't bother to look back further than that, for instance what eight years of Bush 43 did to blacks and Americans in general. Further, I have no reason to believe you give a damn about the state of black Americans at all. And that state has been both disturbing and wrong for decades upon decades. I'll bet you haven't a clue why that is or why it continues. Doubtless you think that the POTUS, by himself, is able to turn the numbers around on a dime without regard to what Congress does (or you'd like us to believe that). But mostly, I don't think you know jack about much of anything. You suggest that Trump, on his best day (if there is such a thing), could do better. And thereby you betray your ignorance if not your bigotry.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/laurashin/2 ... a7e0766c5b
The median white homeowner’s house is worth $85,800 compared to $50,000 for black homeowners and $48,000 for Latino homeowners.

Much of that disparity comes from the gap in the home values in white neighborhoods versus the neighborhoods where people of color live. The roots of the gulf stem at least as far back as the 1934 National Housing Act, which redlined black neighborhoods, marking them as credit risks. Though redlining was outlawed in the ’60s, the effect persists today in the form of neighborhoods consisting mostly of people of color that have high poverty rates, low home values and declining infrastructure.

Discriminatory lending also exists today: Mortgages obtained by households of color tend to have higher interest rates. Even as recently as 2012, Wells Fargo admitted it had steered black and Latino households into subprime mortgages but had offered white borrowers with similar credit profiles prime mortgages.
Other factors stem back to homeownership and education: A child whose parents were steered into a low-income neighborhood with a low-quality school has decreased chances of obtaining a four-year degree, which also then cuts off future job opportunities. Additionally, although it is illegal, discrimination on the basis of race or national original endures, whether unconsciously or overtly.
More at the link and I'm sure plenty of folks will be able to fill in the gaps in your questionable figures and your faulty reasoning. I'm not the economist here but then I'm sure you're not either.

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:06 am

Minitman wrote:You BLM'ers and 99%'ers always want facts and citations provided but you never speak or produce facts yourselves.
US Census Bureau stats:

2015-$35,398

2015- 41.9%

2009- 7.4 million
2015- 11.6 million

The Urban Leaugue National Equality Index found that black Americans income equality compared to whites in 2009 was at 57.4% but under Obama slid to 55.8%.
H

To your credit, the black unemployment rate did go down under BO but it is proven fact that the drop was because so many gave up the search for jobs or exhausted their benefits. I suppose that you could ask Tavis Smiley about that.
Can you provide similar figures for whites and Hispanics? Did those communities show similar or different trends?

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:20 am

Whatever4 wrote:Can you provide similar figures for whites and Hispanics? Did those communities show similar or different trends?
Who couldn't see that coming?

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:32 am

Minitman wrote:U.S. Dept. of Agriculture Black Food Stamp participation:
2009- 7.4 million
2015- 11.6 million
Food stamp participation by all:
1990 - 20 million
1995 - 26.6 million
2000 - 17.2 million
2005 - 25.6 million
2010 - 40.3 million
2015 - 45.8 million

Both 2014 and 2015 have show a decrease from the high in 2013. This matches trends on the slow recovery from the great recession.

Participation numbers are not quite as helpful because, if we have grown by numbers of people, participation will likely grow as well. Interesting how the rate grew from 2000 until 2014, minus 2007 being slightly under 2006. Sounds like it was not just Obama.

http://www.fns.usda.gov/sites/default/f ... ummary.pdf

Plutodog

Post by Plutodog » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:52 am

FWIW, being discriminated against, endangered for being black isn't just an American thing. But I'm sure Trump and his supporters can fix it all better immediately anyhow. /sarcasm /ignorance

[facebook]891095531025221[/facebook]

The only good Bundy is an Al Bundy.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 8:04 am

Minitman wrote:You BLM'ers and 99%'ers always want facts and citations provided but you never speak or produce facts yourselves.
You apparently missed my posts above where I provided some facts and citations that include context. Sounds like this is not the first time you have been asked to backup your claims with actual facts.

Apparently, you are satisfied with claims that tell you what you want to hear.

Whatever4

Post by Whatever4 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 9:14 am

Northland10 wrote:
Whatever4 wrote:Can you provide similar figures for whites and Hispanics? Did those communities show similar or different trends?
Who couldn't see that coming?
8-)

"[Moderate] doesn't mean you don't have views. It just means your views aren't predictable ideologically one way or the other, and you're trying to follow the facts where they lead and reach your own conclusions."
-- Sen. King (R-ME)

Suranis

Post by Suranis » Sun Aug 28, 2016 10:05 am

Obama must really love Asians as they have the highest median income in the USA right now. 8-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_e ... old_income

Its actually really hard to find charts of median income or statistics on how its changed over time. Curious.

IN any case, the blacks in the USA are concentrated in the south, which happens to be the poorest states in the nation AND whose economies have been buttfucked by GOP governors and administrations. If Blacks are living in areas which have gotten poorer, then they will have gotten poorer too, as well as all the white people living there. I would imagine (but to be fair I don't know) that household rates, and median incomes for everyone has gotten worse on average in the south.

There is also the fact that rural economies have gotten poorer in general, a fact that Trump exploited in his speech last night by blaming the EPA for it and telling farmers that he would get the EPA out of their lives.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Household ... nic_groups

Irony can be pretty ironic sometimes.

Northland10

Post by Northland10 » Sun Aug 28, 2016 1:59 pm

My conservative farmer grandfather would have been horrified at the idea of blaming environmental regulations for farmers plight. Maybe it is because he lives through the dustbowl aND knows that you have to farm in ways that are environmentally sustainable.

One big issue reducing farming is the increase in technology. A neighbor now farms not only their inherited land but my family's former land and others land. They do this with less people than it took to do just one family's plot.

RVInit

Post by RVInit » Sun Aug 28, 2016 3:21 pm

US Census Bureau stats:

2015-$35,398

2015- 41.9%

2009- 7.4 million
2015- 11.6 million

I remember GWB's big speech about turning all renters into home owners. It certainly did have a big impact on African Americans, who paid more dearly in the resulting fallout. You can read a little about it right here.

https://www.theguardian.com/business/20 ... prime-loan
http://prospect.org/article/staggering- ... s-unabated

"I know that human being and fish can coexist peacefully"
--- George W Bush

ImageImage

Return to “FEMA Camp 7½”